ALMOND CRESCENT COOKIES
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Beat butter and confectioners' sugar in a bowl using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add vanilla extract, almond extract, and salt; mix briefly to incorporate. Gradually stir 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour into the creamed butter, add almonds, and mix until dough is just combined.
- Shape dough into tiny crescents; place on an ungreased baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies in preheated oven until edges are golden, about 15 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Roll cookies in sifted confectioners' sugar when cooled.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 69.7 calories, Carbohydrate 5.6 g, Cholesterol 10.2 mg, Fat 4.9 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 0.9 g, SaturatedFat 2.5 g, Sodium 39.5 mg, Sugar 1.8 g
ALMOND CRESCENT COOKIES
These traditional cookies will almost melt in your mouth. To get the proper consistency in these cookies, make sure the almonds are finely ground, not chopped!
Provided by LifeIsGood
Yield 45 cookies
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray several cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- With a mixer, beat the butter with sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract and almond extract, beat until incorporated.
- Stir in the flour and almonds. Work flour mixture into a firm dough.
- Working with 1 tablespoon of dough at a time, lightly roll and then shape it so the middle is thicker than both ends. Bend dough log into a crescent shape.
- Place on greased cookie sheets and repeat until all dough is used.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until light brown.
- Sift powdered sugar into a small shallow bowl.
- While the cookies are still warm , roll the crescents in the powdered sugar.
- Cool on racks.
ALMOND CRESCENTS II
- Mix together shortening, butter and almonds. Sift in flour and salt. Add vanilla.
- Chill dough until firm.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (170 degrees C).
- Roll dough with hands into 3 inch lengths, pencil thick. Form into crescents on ungreased baking sheet. Bake until just slightly brown -- about 16 minutes. Cool on pan
- While still slightly warm, carefully dip in a mixture of confectioner's sugar and cinnamon. These are extremely fragile cookies -- handle with care!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 97.7 calories, Carbohydrate 8.3 g, Cholesterol 6.8 mg, Fat 6.8 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 1.2 g, SaturatedFat 2.4 g, Sodium 35.2 mg, Sugar 3.4 g
ALMOND CRESCENTS (KOURABIEDES)
Posted for the Zaar World Tour-Greece. From the "International Vegetarian Cookbook". I have had cookies similar to these, but not this exact recipe.
Provided by Bayhill
Yield 30 cookies
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Spread ground almonds in a shallow pan and toast in a 350F degrees oven for 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Add the 2 Tablespoons powdered sugar and egg yolk, mixing well. Stir in brandy or vanilla and almonds.
- In another bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, blending until smooth.
- Pinch off walnut-size pieces of dough and shape into crescents. Place on ungreased baking sheets, spacing cookies about 1 inch apart.
- Bake in a 325F degree oven for 30 minutes or until very lightly browned. Place baking sheets on racks and let cookies cool for 5 minutes.
- Sift about half the 1-1/2 to 2 cups powdered sugar over wax paper and transfer cookies to it. Sift the remaining 3/4 to 1 cup powdered sugar over top to cover cookies. Let stand until cool, then store in a tightly covered container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 122.2, Fat 7.1, SaturatedFat 4, Cholesterol 21.8, Sodium 7.5, Carbohydrate 13.3, Fiber 0.4, Sugar 6.5, Protein 1.3
- Finely grind nuts, flour and salt in processor. Using electric mixer, beat 1/2 cup powdered sugar, butter and vanilla and almond extracts in large bowl until light. Add nut mixture and beat just until blended. Cover; chill until firm, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly butter 2 heavy large baking sheets. For each cookie, roll 1 rounded tablespoonful dough into cylinder; pinch ends to taper. Place in crescent shape on baking sheet. Bake until bottoms of cookies are just golden, about 15 minutes. Transfer baking sheets to racks. Cool cookies. Sift 1/4 cup powdered sugar over. (Can be made 3 days ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.)
More about "almond crescents ii recipes"
CLASSIC ALMOND CRESCENTS - QUEEN FINE FOODS
Servings 18-20Total Time 1 hr 10 minsEstimated Reading Time 40 secs
- Beat butter and sugar in small bowl, using an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in yolk until combined. Mix in essences; fold in flour and almonds until combined.
- Roll heaped tablespoons of mixture into sausage shapes; form into a crescent. Arrange on prepared trays.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Cool on trays for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
THE BEST ALMOND CROISSANT RECIPE - JESSICA GAVIN
4/5 (66)Total Time 2 hrs 20 minsCategory DessertCalories 992 per serving
ALMOND CRESCENT RECIPE | CHELSEA SUGAR
ALMOND CRESCENT COOKIES RECIPE - VEGAN IN THE FREEZER
5/5 (3)Total Time 35 minsCategory Cookies, DessertCalories 89 per serving
- In a large bowl beat the vegan butter, organic powdered sugar and the vanilla extract, with a hand mixer, until light and fluffy.
ALMOND CRESCENT COOKIES - CHRISTMAS, HOLIDAY - LIFE'S ...
Category DessertsCalories 157 per serving
ALMOND CRESCENTS - KITCHEN GIDGET
4.4/5 (5)Estimated Reading Time 7 minsServings 24Total Time 40 mins
- Position the racks to divide the oven into thirds and preheat it to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Working with a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a large bowl with a hand mixer, beat the butter, sugar and salt together on medium speed until smooth, about 3 minutes. Beat in the vanilla and the almond extract, if you’re using it, then scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl. With the machine off, add the all-purpose flour all at once and then pulse the mixer to start blending. Mix on low speed until the flour is almost incorporated, then add the almond flour and mix only until it disappears into the mixture and the dough comes together.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop out walnut-size nuggets of dough or use a tablespoon. Work each piece into a compact ball between your palms and then roll it on the counter into a rope about 4 inches long. Bend the rope into a crescent, pinch the ends lightly and place on the baking sheets, leaving about 2 inches between the crescents.
- Bake for 19 to 21 minutes, rotating the sheets top to bottom and front to back after 10 minutes, or until the cookies are golden at their tips, pale everywhere else and set, but too fragile to lift without breaking. Transfer the baking sheets to racks and let the cookies rest for 5 minutes before you give them the sugar treatment.
ALMOND CRESCENT COOKIES - LOW-CARB & VEGAN OPTION -- WHOLE ...
5/5 (7)Total Time 30 minsCategory Dessert, SnackCalories 178 per serving
ALMOND CRESCENTS RECIPE - MY FOOD AND FAMILY
4/5 (32)Category HomeServings 54Total Time 35 mins
ALMOND CRESCENT COOKIES RECIPE - AN ITALIAN IN MY KITCHEN
4.2/5 (212)Calories 76 per servingCategory Christmas Cookies, Cookies, Dessert
ALMOND CRESCENT COOKIES (LIKE GRANDMAS!) - GONNA WANT SECONDS
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 32 minsCategory DessertCalories 52 per serving
ALMOND CRESCENTS - BELIEFNET
Author BeliefnetEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
ALMOND CRESCENTS II - ALMOND DESSERT RECIPES
KEEBLER ALMOND CRESCENT CHRISTMAS COOKIES RECIPES
ALMOND CRESCENTS II | RECIPE | ALMOND COOKIES, ALMOND, RECIPES
ALMOND CRESCENTS II | PUNCHFORK
ALMOND CRESCENTS II
MISS FOOD - ALMOND CRESCENTS II GOOD RECIPES - ENJOY ...
SOLO ALMOND FILLING RECIPES - ANYTHING INFORMATION
ALMOND CRESCENTS II BEST FAMILY RECIPES
ALMOND CRESCENTS II YOU HAVE TO TRY - ACPHILDE.BLOGSPOT.COM
ALMOND CRESCENTS II BEST DISHES - MY RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make almond Crescent cookies?These Almond Crescent Cookies are really easy and quick to make, no refrigerating the dough. Just whip the butter until fluffy beat in the sugar. Add the rest of the ingredients, bring it all together to form a dough. Shape into the crescent form and bake for about 15 minutes.
How do you make a crescent roll with almonds and flour?Stir in the flour and almonds. Work flour mixture into a firm dough. Working with 1 tablespoon of dough at a time, lightly roll and then shape it so the middle is thicker than both ends. Bend dough log into a crescent shape.
What are Almond Crescents made of?Almond Crescents made with ground almonds, flavored with vanilla and dusted with powdered sugar. These buttery crescents are crisp on the outside and tender on the inside.
How do you make crescent crescents at home?Store the crescents in a shallow airtight container. Finely grind nuts, flour and salt in processor. Using electric mixer, beat 1/2 cup powdered sugar, butter and vanilla and almond extracts in large bowl until light. Add nut mixture and beat just until blended.