CREAMY APPLE BLUEBERRY PIE
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Toss apples and blueberries in the unbaked pie crust.
- Mix 1/4 cup flour, white sugar, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon in a bowl. Stir in yogurt, egg, and vanilla extract; pour batter over apples and blueberries.
- Combine 1/2 cup flour, pecans, oats, and brown sugar in a mixing bowl. Cut in butter with a knife or pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs; set aside.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes; reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and continue baking pie crust is lightly browned, about 30 minutes. Sprinkle crumb mixture over pie and bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes more. Cool before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 464.3 calories, Carbohydrate 54.5 g, Cholesterol 55.6 mg, Fat 25.6 g, Fiber 3.2 g, Protein 6.3 g, SaturatedFat 10.7 g, Sodium 334.9 mg, Sugar 28.9 g
BLACKBERRY APPLE PIE
My mother made this pie so often, she could do it with her eyes closed! We picked the berries ourselves, and the apples came from the trees in our orchard. I can still taste the delicious combination of fruits encased in Mother's flaky pie crust. -Fran Stanfield, Wilmington , Ohio
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out half the dough to fit a 9-in. pie plate; trim to 1 in. beyond rim of plate. Top with a thin layer of apples. In a large bowl, combine blackberries and remaining apples; sprinkle with lemon juice. Combine sugar and cornstarch. Add to fruit mixture; toss gently to coat. Spoon into crust; dot with butter., Roll out remaining dough; make a lattice crust. Trim, seal and flute edges. Beat egg with water; brush over lattice top and pie edges., Bake at 375° for 50 minutes or until filling is bubbly and apples are tender. Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 415 calories, Fat 18g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 44mg cholesterol, Sodium 238mg sodium, Carbohydrate 62g carbohydrate (32g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
Wild Maine blueberries make a surprisingly delicious partner for roasted Granny Smith apples in this deep-dish pie and tint the filling a vivid shade of fuchsia.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Serves 10 to 12
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Dough:In a bowl, sprinkle yeast and sugar over milk. Let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes. Whisk in egg and butter until smooth. Stir in flour and salt. Transfer dough to a lightly floured work surface; knead until smooth and tacky but no longer sticky, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl brushed with butter, turning to coat. Cover with a clean kitchen towel; let rise until doubled in volume, about 1 1/2 hours; or refrigerate until doubled in volume, 18 to 48 hours.
- Topping:Combine butter, sugar, flour, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl; massage together with your fingers until combined. Press into bottom of bowl; cover and refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour and up to 3 days.
- Filling: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Toss apples with sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, and cinnamon. Spread in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast until almost tender, about 30 minutes. Stir in blueberries, salt, lemon juice, and remaining 3 tablespoons flour; roastuntil apples are tender, about 10 minutes more. Let cool 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, punch down dough. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out to a 13-inch round. Transfer to a 9 1/2-inch deep-dish pie dish. Fold overhang under itself until flush with edge of plate (do not crimp edges). Loosely cover with towel; let stand until puffy and doubled in volume, about 30 minutes.
- Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees. Transfer filling to center of dough, gently spreading to sides of dish without compressing dough. Crumble topping into bite-size pieces and sprinkle evenly over filling.
- Bake just until dough begins to brown, about 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees; bake until filling bubbles around edges and crust and topping turn golden brown, 45 to 50 minutes more. (If crust or topping are browning too quickly, tent with foil.) Transfer to a wire rack; let cool completely, at least 4 hours or, loosely covered, up to 1 day. Slice and serve with ice cream.
APPLE BLACKBERRY PIE
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat; stir in flour to make a smooth paste. Whisk water, white sugar, brown sugar, and lemon juice into butter mixture. Bring to a simmer and whisk constantly until mixture is thick, about 3 minutes. Stir 6 blackberry halves into sauce, reduce heat to low, and continue cooking while you complete remaining steps. Stir sauce occasionally.
- Line a 9-inch pie dish with a crust. Place apples and remaining blackberries into crust. Cut remaining crust into strips about 1 inch wide. Weave pie crust strips into a lattice crust on top of the pie; pinch ends of strips to edge of bottom crust to seal. Spoon hot blackberry sauce over pie, letting it soak through the openings in the top crust. Place pie onto a baking sheet to catch drips.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and continue baking until crust is golden brown and sauce is bubbling, 35 to 45 more minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 433 calories, Carbohydrate 69.7 g, Cholesterol 20.3 mg, Fat 17.8 g, Fiber 5.2 g, Protein 2.9 g, SaturatedFat 7.3 g, Sodium 217.5 mg, Sugar 50.4 g
APPLE BLUEBERRY PIE
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl,stir together sugar,cornstarch and salt.
- Add apples,blueberries and lemon juice;toss to coat the fruit.
- Turn into pastry lined 9" pie plate.
- Dot with margarine.
- Add top crust; seal and flute edge.
- Pierce top crust evenly with a fork to allow steam to escape.
- Bake in oven until crust is browned and filling is bubbly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 530.8, Fat 24.8, SaturatedFat 6, Sodium 565.2, Carbohydrate 75.3, Fiber 4.2, Sugar 38.4, Protein 4.3
Frozen blueberries can be used in this pie in place of the fresh berries. Partially thaw the frozen berries before adding them to the filling. From Pillsbury.
Provided by Courtly
Yield 1 pie
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat oven to 425. Prepare pie crust as directed on package for one-crust filled pie using 9 inch pie pan.
- In large bowl, combine all filling ingredients; mix well. Set aside.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. In medium bowl, combine all topping ingredients; mix with fork until crumbly. Spoon fruit into crust-lined pan. Spoon topping evenly over fruit.
- Bake at 425 for 50-70 minutes or until apples are tender and edges are bubbly. Cover entire pie loosely with foil after 20 minutes to prevent excessive browning. Cool 2 hours. Serve warm or cold.
APPLE AND BLUEBERRY HAND PIES
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Thaw the sheets of puff pastry as per the box instructions.
- Peel and core the apples and cut into quarters. Toss the apples in the lemon juice so they do not brown while you are dicing them. Cut each quarter into about 2 to 3 (1-inch) pieces.
- In a large saute pan over medium heat, melt the butter until lightly browned. Add the apples and saute for about 3 to 5 minutes until lightly browned. Add the honey and a pinch of salt and toss to mix in well, transfer to the oven and roast for about 15 minutes until apples are soft. Mash with a fork while still warm. Let the apples cool to room temperature and gently fold in the berries.
- Turn the oven down to 400 degrees F.
- In a small mixing bowl beat 1 egg. In another small bowl, mix together the cinnamon and sugar.
- Lay the thawed puff pastry sheets out flat on a floured work surface. Cut large circles out of the pastry with a ring cutter, about 4 per pastry sheet. Brush with the egg-wash on the outer edge of half of the circle. Spoon 2 tablespoons of the apple berry mixture in the center of each round of pastry dough. Fold the dough over to cover the filling, making a semi-circle and sealing the edges.
- Place pies on a buttered oven tray. Repeat with the rest of the pastry dough. When all of the pies are on a sheet tray cut air holes in the top of each pie and brush the tops with egg wash. Sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar. Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes until puffed and nicely browned.
SIMPLE BLUEBERRY APPLE PIE
Provided by Sunny Anderson
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- For the crust: In a food processor, add the flour and a nice pinch of salt. Pulse very lightly just to blend. Add the butter evenly around the flour and quickly pulse until the flour resembles small crumbles. Slowly pour the water through the spout until the dough begins to come together. Remove and quickly form into a disc. Tightly cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for the filling: In a large bowl, add the blueberries, apples, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, lemon juice and a pinch of salt. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and place on a lightly floured surface. Gently roll the disc into a circle big enough to fit into the pie pan and leave a 3-inch overhang. The dough should be about 1/8-inch thick. Using a pizza cutter, trim the edges of the dough. Place the dough into the pie pan and press gently against the bottom and sides to fit the dough into the pan. Pour in the fruit filling, and then scatter the butter evenly around the top of the pie. Fold the extra dough that's hanging off the edge over the top to create the top of the pie crust. Leave a hole in the center for ventilation.
- Whisk the egg with 1 teaspoon water and brush the top with egg wash and then sprinkle with the sugar.
- Place in the oven and bake until the crust is golden brown, about 35 minutes. Let the pie rest at least an hour before serving to let the filling set.
I make this family favorite every year for a gathering at my sister's, where the recipe is known as "Uncle Mike's pie." I use only fresh berries, apples and rhubarb that I grow myself. -Michael Powers, New Baltimore, Virginia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 19
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Divide dough in half so that 1 portion is slightly larger than the other. Wrap and refrigerate until easy to handle, about 30 minutes., Preheat oven to 400°. On a lightly floured surface, roll out larger portion of dough to fit a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate or cast-iron skillet. Transfer pastry to pie plate., In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice and vanilla; add berries and rhubarb. Combine flour, allspice, cinnamon and 1-1/2 cups sugar; add to apple mixture and toss gently to coat. Spoon into crust; dot with butter., Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Trim, seal and flute edges. Brush milk over lattice top. Sprinkle with remaining sugar., Bake 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly, 50-60 minutes longer. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 615 calories, Fat 28g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 8mg cholesterol, Sodium 318mg sodium, Carbohydrate 86g carbohydrate (46g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
More about "apple blueberry pie recipes"
APPLE-BLUEBERRY PIE RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
4/5 (22)Category DessertServings 8Total Time 3 hrs 35 mins
- Place sheet of foil on rack below middle oven rack to catch drips. Heat oven to 425°F. Place pie crust in 9-inch glass pie pan as directed on box for One-Crust Filled Pie.
- In medium bowl, mix topping ingredients with fork until crumbly. Spoon fruit into crust-lined pan. Spoon topping evenly over fruit.
- Place pie on middle oven rack over foil; bake 50 to 70 minutes or until apples are tender and edge is bubbly. After 20 minutes of baking, cover entire pie loosely with foil to prevent excessive browning. Cool 2 hours. Serve warm or cold.
10 BEST APPLE BLUEBERRY DESSERT RECIPES | YUMMLY
APPLE BLUEBERRY SLAB PIE - WHAT'S COOKIN' ITALIAN STYLE …
SUNNY ANDERSON'S SIMPLE BLUEBERRY APPLE PIE RECIPE
APPLE AND BLUEBERRY PIE RECIPE | OLIVEMAGAZINE
APPLE BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE PIE RECIPE - RECIPELAND.COM
10 BEST BLUEBERRY PIE WITH FRESH BLUEBERRIES RECIPES
CLASSIC BRITISH APPLE AND BLACKBERRY PIE RECIPE
APPLE AND BLUEBERRY PIES RECIPE | BETTER HOMES AND …
BLUEBERRY APPLE PIE RECIPE – HOMEMADE EATERY
BLUEBERRY APPLE PIE - THE SWEET OCCASION
APPLE-BLUEBERRY PIE WITH STRAWBERRY SAUCE RECIPE
BLUEBERRY APPLE PIE BARS
APPLE BLUEBERRY PIE | EMERILS.COM
BEST APPLE AND BLUEBERRY PIE RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK …
APPLE BLACKBERRY PIE | CANADIAN LIVING
BLUEBERRY APPLE PIE - HALF MOON PIES - VEGAN IN THE FREEZER
APPLE STRAWBERRY BLUEBERRY PIE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
BLUEBERRY PIE WITH A HINT OF APPLE - GARNISH & GLAZE
APPLE AND BLUEBERRY PIE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
APPLE BLUEBERRY PIE CAKE RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
BLUEBERRY APPLE PIE WITH STREUSEL TOPPING - ANA'S BAKING CHRONICLES
WILD BLUEBERRY APPLE PIE — SHOP WYMAN'S
APPLE BLUEBERRY CRUMB PIE - RECIPE! - LIVE. LOVE. LAUGH. FOOD.
SUNNY ANDERSON'S BLUEBERRY APPLE PIE - EVERYDAY COOKING …
APPLE BLUEBERRY PIE – ECHO SPRINGS BLUEBERRY FARM
APPLE BLUEBERRY SUGAR COOKIE PIE • RECIPE FOR PERFECTION
APPLE & BLUEBERRY PIE RECIPE | WOOLWORTHS
APPLE-BLUEBERRY PIE - EAT AND LIVE HEALTHFULLY
BLUEBERRY, CHERRY, APPLE PIE RECIPE
APPLE BLUEBERRY PIE RECIPES RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
APPLE AND BLUEBERRY PIE WITH SWEET SHORTCRUST PASTRY
APPLE BLUEBERRY PIE - BEYOND FROSTING
APPLE AND BLUEBERRY TART - FRENCH FOOD WITH LOVE
APPLE BLUEBERRY PIE RECIPE - BAKERRECIPES.COM
ALL-AMERICAN APPLE BLUEBERRY PIE - CRISCO
APPLE BLUEBERRY PIE BARS - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #low-protein #pies-and-tarts #desserts #fruit #oven #easy #pies #dietary #low-in-something #apples #berries #blueberries #equipment
You'll also love