APPLE BUTTER BRAISED PORK LOIN
Use a dutch oven to slow roast a pork loin with Musselman's Fresh Pressed Apple Cider and Apple Butter.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 350° F. Step 2 Pat pork loin dry with paper towels and season all sides with salt and pepper. Step 3 Add bacon fat (or vegetable oil) to a braiser or Dutch Oven and place over medium heat. Place seasoned pork loin in the pan. Step 4 Scatter onions and garlic around the edges. Cook about 3-5 minutes on each side until golden brown. Step 5 In a small bowl combine apple cider and apple butter together. Pour mixture over browned roast and onions. Step 6 Cover and place in oven for one hour or until internal temperature has reached at least 145 degrees. Step 7 Remove pork loin to a cutting board and allow to rest 15 minutes before slicing.
ROAST PORK LOIN WITH APPLES
Feed a crowd with Food Network Kitchen's Roast Pork Loin with Apples recipe. The flavor comes from apple cider, apple cider vinegar and fresh apples.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large ovenproof skillet heat the vegetable oil over high heat. Season the pork loin all over generously with salt and pepper. Sear the meat until golden brown on all sides, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer the meat to a plate and set it aside.
- Add the onion, carrot, celery, garlic, herb sprigs, and 2 tablespoons of the butter to the skillet. Stir until the vegetables are browned, about 8 minutes. Stir in the sliced apples, then push the mixture to the sides and set the pork loin in the middle of the skillet along with any collected juices on the plate. Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast the loin until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the meat registers 140 to 150 degrees F, about 30 to 35 minutes. (See Cook's Note.)
- Transfer the pork a cutting board and cover it loosely with foil while you make the sauce. Arrange the apples and vegetables on a serving platter and set aside. Remove and discard the herb sprigs. Return the skillet to a high heat and add the vinegar scraping the bottom with a wooden spoon to loosen up any browned bits. Reduce by half then add the cider and reduce by about half again. Pull the skillet from the heat and whisk in the mustard, and the remaining 2 tablespoons of cold butter. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Remove the strings from the roast and slice into 1/2-inch thick pieces and arrange over the apple mixture. Drizzle some sauce over meat and serve the rest on the side.
- Cook's Note: Pork cooked this way will be slightly pink. If desired, cook the pork to 160 degrees F, but be aware that this lean cut will not be as moist at the higher temperature.
- Copyright 2005 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
APPLE-GLAZED PORK LOIN
An impressive main dish for any special occasion, this succulent pork roast has a sweet, tangy flavor. "I found this easy recipe in a church cookbook," Jean Graf-Joyce reports from Albany, Oregon. "Friends constantly request it."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Rub 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper over roast. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. , Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt jelly over low heat. Whisk in mustard and 1 teaspoon lemon juice. Brush roast lightly with jelly mixture. , Bake 30-40 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 145°, basting once with jelly mixture. Let roast stand for 10 minutes before slicing., Stir drippings in pan to loosen browned bits. Pour into a measuring cup; skim fat. Stir the remaining jelly mixture, lemon juice, salt and pepper into drippings; heat through. Serve with the roast.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 256 calories, Fat 8g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 67mg cholesterol, Sodium 330mg sodium, Carbohydrate 20g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
GRILLED APPLE BUTTER PORK LOIN RECIPE
- To make the brine, place 1 quart apple cider, 1/3 cup salt, brown sugar, onion, cloves, allspice, garlic, bay lead, peppercorn in a medium saucepan. Squeeze orange quarters into brine and drop in peel. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and boil for 1 minutes, stirring to dissolve salt and sugar. Pour brine into a large container, add remaining 1 quart of apple cider, and place in refrigerator until chilled completely. Submerge pork loin completely in brine and set back in refrigerator for 3-4 hours.
- Light one chimney full of charcoal. When all the charcoal is lit and covered with gray ash, pour out and arrange the coals on one side of the charcoal grate. Set cooking grate in place, cover grill and allow to preheat for 5 minutes. Clean and oil the grilling grate. While fire is lighting, remove pork from brine and pat dry with paper towels. Brush lightly with vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Sear pork over hot side of grill until browned on all sides, about 4-5 minutes per side.
- Move pork to cool side of the grill and spread with apple butter all over. Cover grill and and cook until an instant read thermometer reads 140 degrees when inserted into the thickest part of the pork loin, 15 to 30 minutes longer. Remove from grill, let stand for 15 minutes; slice and serve with additional apple butter.
APPLE GLAZED PORK TENDERLOIN
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Peel, core, and cut the apples into 1-inch dice and toss with melted butter in a large bowl. Scatter the apples in the bottom of a roasting pan fitted with a rack.
- Season the tenderloin generously with salt and pepper and place on the rack in the roasting pan. Whisk together all remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Put the tenderloin in oven until internal temperature registers 160 to165 degrees on an instant-read thermometer, about 30 to 40 minutes. During the last 10 minutes of cooking brush with half of the glaze. Remove from oven, brush with remaining glaze and allow to rest for 10 minutes on a cutting board before slicing. Serve with roasted apples.
APPLE BUTTER PORK LOIN
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Season the pork loins with seasoning salt, and place them in a 9x13 inch baking dish or small roasting pan. Pour apple juice over the pork, and cover the dish with a lid or aluminum foil.
- Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven. While the pork is roasting, mix together the apple butter, brown sugar, water, cinnamon, and cloves. Remove pork roasts from the oven, and spread with apple butter mixture.
- Cover, and return to the oven for 2 hours, or until fork-tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 606.5 calories, Carbohydrate 25.7 g, Cholesterol 194.1 mg, Fat 25.4 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 64.9 g, SaturatedFat 8.4 g, Sodium 150.6 mg, Sugar 23.2 g
APPLE BUTTER PORK LOIN
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place pork loin in baking dish, pour apple juice over it and cover with a lid.
- Bake for 1 hour in the over.
- While baking the loin, mix together the rest of the mixture.
- After it has baked for an hour, remove from oven and spread apple butter mixture over the loin and cook for an additional 2 hours or until tender.
APPLE BUTTER PORK WITH WHITE BEANS
This enticing dish is an entire dinner with meat, vegetables and beans, wonderful to come home to after I've run the kids around to activities all afternoon. The apple butter with the pork is yummy and perfect for fall! -Elisabeth Larsen, Pleasant Grove, Utah
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Place carrots and onion in a 6-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle roast with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown roast on all sides. Transfer to slow cooker., In a small bowl, combine apple butter, vinegar, mustard, garlic, remaining salt and pepper; pour over pork and vegetables. Cook, covered, on low until vegetables are tender and a thermometer inserted into pork reads 145°, 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours., Remove roast from slow cooker; tent with foil. Add beans to slow cooker; cook, covered, on high until heated through, about 30 minutes. Serve sliced pork with bean mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 314 calories, Fat 8g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 68mg cholesterol, Sodium 579mg sodium, Carbohydrate 28g carbohydrate (12g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 31g protein.
APPLE BUTTER AND PORK TENDERLOIN
Another no-fail, great recipe from my best friend. Very tender, delicious and smells so delightful when cooking! A great company main dish - serve with my Sweet Potato and Apple Casserole. Prep. time does not include resting time.
Provided by BeachGirl
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Using an injection needle, inject apple juice into the the roast in multiple places.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Place tenderloin in a 11x7-inch baking dish.
- Add remaining apple juice and let stand 30 minutes or chill 2 hours.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Stir together apple butter and remaining 4 ingredients.
- Spread or brush over roast.
- Bake an additional 15-20 minutes or until thermometer inserted in thickest part registers 145 degrees.
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
- (Temperature will rise during this rest period).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 250.6, Fat 4.2, SaturatedFat 1.4, Cholesterol 73.8, Sodium 262.6, Carbohydrate 28.6, Fiber 0.7, Sugar 25.1, Protein 23.6
More about "apple butter pork loin recipes"
APPLE BUTTER PORK LOIN - RACHAEL RAY IN SEASON
Total Time 50 mins
APPLE BUTTER GLAZED PORK LOIN ROAST WITH GRAVY RECIPE
APPLE BUTTER PORK TENDERLOIN - JUNGLE JIM'S …
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
PORK CHOPS WITH APPLE BUTTER - FAMILY FOOD ON THE TABLE
APPLE BUTTER PORK LOIN | GRILLING - SERIOUS EATS
CARAMELIZED APPLE-STUFFED ROAST PORK WITH APPLE BUTTER GLAZE
APPLE BUTTER PULLED PORK - SUGAR DISH ME
COOKED APPLE BUTTER GLAZED PORK LOIN RECIPE - MAGIC SKILLET
PORK TENDERLOIN AND APPLES - THERESCIPES.INFO
FINGER LAKES NEW YORK : APPLE BUTTER PORK TENDERLOIN
PIGGLY WIGGLY - APPLE BUTTER PORK LOIN RECIPE
CROCK POT PORK LOIN WITH APPLE BUTTER - SIMPLE NOURISHED LIVING
ROASTED PORK TENDERLOIN WITH BALSAMIC APPLE BUTTER GLAZE RECIPE
SPICED APPLE BUTTER PORK ROAST - BAREFEET IN THE KITCHEN
APPLE BUTTER PORK LOIN RECIPE - MOMS WHO THINK
APPLE BUTTER SAUCE FOR PORK - THERESCIPES.INFO
32 EASY AND TASTY APPLE BUTTER PORK LOIN RECIPES BY HOME …
GRILLED APPLE BUTTER PORK LOIN RECIPE :: THE MEATWAVE
APPLE BUTTER PORK LOIN - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
15 WAYS TO USE APPLE BUTTER | ALLRECIPES
APPLE BUTTER PORK LOIN | RECIPE | RECIPES, FOOD, PORK LOIN RECIPES
SLOW COOKER APPLE BUTTER PORK LOIN RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
GRILLED PORK TENDERLOIN WITH APPLE BUTTER GLAZE - MUSSELMAN'S
SLOW COOKER APPLE BUTTER GLAZED PORK TENDERLOIN - FOODTASTIC MOM
CARAMELIZED PORK LOIN WITH APPLES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
APPLE BUTTER PORK LOIN | STARR RANCH GROWERS
APPLE BUTTER BOURBON MARINATED PORK TENDERLOIN - DONUT WORRY, …
APPLE BUTTER PORK TENDERLOIN RECIPE - HOME CHEF
APPLE BUTTER PORK CHOPS (ONE PAN SKILLET PORK CHOPS WITH APPLES)
15 BEST BAKED PORK LOIN RECIPE - SELECTED RECIPES
SLOW COOKER APPLE BUTTER PORK LOIN - AT LARA'S TABLE
SLOW COOKER APPLE BUTTER PORK CHOPS
APPLE BUTTER PORK LOIN RECIPE - RECIPETIPS.COM
APPLE BUTTER PORK LOIN RECIPE – HEALTHY HAWAII INITIATIVE
PORK TENDERLOIN WITH APPLES IN OVEN - EASY RECIPE, DECADENT DISH
#time-to-make #main-ingredient #preparation #healthy #pork #low-fat #dietary #low-sodium #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #low-in-something #meat #pork-loins #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook a pork loin roast with apple butter?Directions. Season the pork loins with seasoning salt, and place them in a 9x13 inch baking dish or small roasting pan. Pour apple juice over the pork, and cover the dish with a lid or aluminum foil. Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven. While the pork is roasting, mix together the apple butter, brown sugar, water, cinnamon, and cloves.
How to cook pork loin roast in oven?Season the pork loins with seasoning salt, and place them in a 9x13 inch baking dish or small roasting pan. Pour apple juice over the pork, and cover the dish with a lid or aluminum foil. Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven. While the pork is roasting, mix together the apple butter, brown sugar, water, cinnamon, and cloves.
What are the ingredients in a pork loin roast?Ingredients 1 2 (2 pound) boneless pork loin roast 2 seasoning salt to taste 3 2 cups apple juice 4 ½ cup apple butter 5 ¼ cup brown sugar 6 2 tablespoons water 7 ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon 8 ¼ teaspoon ground cloves More ...
How do you cook pork tenderloin in a slow cooker?In a small bowl, combine apple butter, vinegar, mustard, garlic, remaining salt and pepper; pour over pork and vegetables. Cook, covered, on low until vegetables are tender and a thermometer inserted into pork reads 145°, 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours.