ARROZ CON LECHE (MEXICAN RICE PUDDING)
- Combine water and cinnamon stick in a saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil and cook until cinnamon releases its color and flavor, about 5 minutes. Add rice, reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until rice is tender and water is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Gradually add whole milk to rice, then evaporated milk. Stir in sugar. Cook uncovered until sugar is dissolved and mixture has thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold. Sprinkle each portion with ground cinnamon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 443.2 calories, Carbohydrate 73.1 g, Cholesterol 39 mg, Fat 11.1 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 13 g, SaturatedFat 6.5 g, Sodium 150.8 mg, Sugar 39.6 g
SPANISH ARROZ CON LECHE RECIPE
- Rinse the rice under cold water and then put it in a saucepan over a medium heat, just barely covered with water (you could also cover it with milk for even creamier arroz con leche).
- Add the cinnamon stick and lemon rind. Stir continually until all of the water is absorbed.
- Add milk about ½ cup at a time, stirring each time until all is absorbed. Continue adding up to the whole liter of milk, stirring continuously.
- When is seems creamy enough, taste to make sure the texture of the rice is correct. Some prefer it al dente and others like it very cooked (almost mushy).
- When it is to your liking, turn off the heat and add a pinch of salt and dash of cinnamon. Then, add the sugar a few tablespoons at a time until it is sweet enough for you. Enjoy warm or let cool.
- Sprinkle a bit more cinnamon on top to decorate!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 329.48 kcal, Carbohydrate 51.38 g, Protein 11.25 g, Fat 8.45 g, SaturatedFat 4.75 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Sodium 119.74 mg, Fiber 1.49 g, Sugar 13.82 g, ServingSize 1 serving
ARROZ CON LECHE (SPANISH RICE PUDDING)
- In a large saucepan, slowly bring the milk, cinnamon stick, strips of lemon rind, and salt to a boil. With a slotted spoon, remove the cinnamon and lemon rind. Stir in the rice and egg yolks, reduce the heat, and allow the rice to simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring constantly.
- When the rice is soft, add the sugar and butter and combine well. Pour the mixture into a serving dish, sprinkle with nutmeg, and serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 373.6, Fat 19.4, SaturatedFat 11.3, Cholesterol 189.2, Sodium 186.1, Carbohydrate 42.8, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 16.9, Protein 7.6
MEXICAN RICE PUDDING ("ARROZ CON LECHE")
- Put the water, rice, and cinnamon stick in a medium-size heavy saucepan set over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, uncovered, and cook until the rice is tender, about 18 minutes. Strain out the liquid, discard the cinnamon and reserve the rice. Return the rice to the saucepan. Stir in the evaporated milk, condensed milk, and whole milk. Continue cooking over medium-high heat until the mixture comes to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and cook, uncovered, stirring constantly, until the mixture is thick, about 20 minutes. Add the raisins, and stir well. Transfer the pudding to a serving bowl. Dust the top of the pudding with ground cinnamon and serve.
ARROZ CON LECHE (RICE PUDDING)
Sweet and simple, this arroz con leche recipe is real comfort food in any language. You'll love the warm raisin and cinnamon flavors. It's great served cold, too. -Marina Castle Kelley, Canyon Country, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a small saucepan, combine the water, rice and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until water is absorbed., Stir in milk and raisins. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until thick and creamy, stirring frequently. Discard cinnamon. Serve warm or cold.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 351 calories, Fat 7g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 26mg cholesterol, Sodium 99mg sodium, Carbohydrate 65g carbohydrate (46g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 8g protein.
ARROZ CON LECHE (RICE PUDDING)
- Combine water and rice in a bowl. Let soak, at least 30 minutes.
- Bring water and rice to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Stir milk, sugar, salt, and cinnamon stick into the saucepan. Simmer until thick and the consistency of pudding, about 20 minutes. Discard cinnamon stick before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 180.3 calories, Carbohydrate 33.8 g, Cholesterol 8.1 mg, Fat 2.2 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 5.6 g, SaturatedFat 1.3 g, Sodium 239.4 mg, Sugar 9 g
MOTHER-IN-LAW'S RICE PUDDING (ARROZ CON LECHE)
This recipe is perfect if you need to make a relatively economical dessert for a crowd. I got it from my husband, who was born and raised in Peru. This is how his mother has always made arroz con leche, and it's the only recipe for it that I have ever seen that includes cloves and shredded coconut. These ingredients make it extra special, to judge by the compliments I get when I make it. And since the cinnamon and cloves are added while the rice is cooking, it makes the house smell good, too. (Special instructions included for picky eaters or those allergic to coconut and/or raisins.)
Provided by CatlingMex
Yield 25 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large kettle, boil the rice, cinnamon, and cloves in about 3 liters of water for 40 minutes or until cooked and very soft. (If it gets too thick and sticky before cooking has finished, add boiling water.).
- Remove from stove. Stir in all the remaining ingredients, mixing well.
- Taste to test for sweetness; this tastes sweeter warm than it will cold, so allow for that.
- Pour into individual dessert dishes or disposable cups.
- Eat while still warm (not hot), or refrigerate and eat cold. This dessert keeps well, refrigerated, for a few days, though some liquid will separate out on the top after a day or two; just stir it back into the rice before eating.
- If you have picky or allergic eaters who don't do raisins and/or coconut but you don't want to omit these ingredients, just leave them out at first, when you are mixing the remaining ingredients into the cooked rice. Pour out portions for the special people, then mix in the "offending" ingredients with the remaining rice and serve the rest. If you are sure to mark which portions are "with" and which are "without," you can make everyone happy. :-).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 240.7, Fat 3.5, SaturatedFat 2.3, Cholesterol 9.3, Sodium 43, Carbohydrate 48.6, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 28.1, Protein 4
More about "arroz con leche spanish rice pudding recipes"
SPANISH RICE PUDDING (ARROZ CON LECHE) RECIPE
3.7/5 (52)Total Time 45 minsCategory DessertCalories 411 per serving
ARROZ CON LECHE - SPANISH RICE PUDDING - SPAIN …
ARROZ CON LECHE RECIPE | SPANISH RECIPES | PBS FOOD
ARROZ CON LECHE (CUBAN-STYLE RICE PUDDING) RECIPE - CHEF'S ...
ARROZ CON LECHE RECIPE (RICE PUDDING RECIPE) • MOMMY'S ...
WHAT IS ARROZ CON LECHE – GALAXY TRAINING
ARROZ CHAUFA RECIPE IN SPANISH - THERESCIPES.INFO
ARROZ CON LECHE (MEXICAN RICE PUDDING) +VIDEO | LIL' LUNA
ARROZ CON LECHE RECIPE - LATIN STYLE RICE PUDDING ...
SPANISH ARROZ CON LECHE RECIPE FROM THE BASQUE COUNTRY
SPANISH RICE PUDDING (ARROZ CON LECHE) - CULINARY COLLECTIVE
ARROZ CON LECHE - SPANISH RICE PUDDING RECIPE
BEST ARROZ CON LECHE (SPANISH RICE PUDDING) | THE NOVICE CHEF
16 RICE PUDDING BRANDS - SMARTERHOMEMAKER.COM
ARROZ CON DULCE RECIPE - PUERTO RICAN RICE PUDDING
SPANISH RICE PUDDING - ARROZ CON LECHE RECIPE - VISIT ...
ARROZ CON LECHE (MEXICAN RICE PUDDING) - WIDE OPEN EATS
SPANISH RICE PUDDING - ARROZ CON LECHE - SPAIN ON A FORK
RICE PUDDING RECIPE | ARROZ CON LECHE | SPANISH FIESTAS
CREAMY ARROZ CON LECHE RECIPE - SPANISH RICE PUDDING
ARROZ CON LECHE (RICE PUDDING) RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
ARROZ CON LECHE - RICE PUDDING - COSTA RICA
RICE PUDDING (ARROZ CON LECHE) RECIPE : SBS FOOD
SPANISH RICE PUDDING RECIPE | ARROZ CON LECHE • QUE RICO TAPAS
COSTA RICAN ARROZ CON LECHE (RICE PUDDING) - OLIVIA'S CUISINE
ARROZ CON LECHE (SPANISH RICE PUDDING) - LEMON BLOSSOMS
ARROZ CON LECHE COLOMBIANO (RICE PUDDING) - MY COLOMBIAN ...
HOW TO MAKE ARROZ CON LECHE: RICE PUDDING RECIPE ...
ARROZ CON LECHE (RICE PUDDING) – SMITTEN KITCHEN
ARROZ CON LECHE (SPANISH RICE PUDDING) - CAROLINE'S COOKING
ARROZ CON LECHE - SPANISH RICE PUDDING | PECKISH ME
A PANAMANIAN RECIPE FOR THE HOLIDAYS: ARROZ CON LECHE ...
THE BEST ARROZ CON GANDULES (RICE PUDDING RECIPE)
SPANISH RICE PUDDING | ARROZ CON LECHE ASTURIANO — OMAR ...
ARROZ CON LECHE | RICE PUDDING RECIPE | TIPS&TAPAS
THE EASIEST ARROZ CON LECHE (RICE PUDDING) RECIPE EVER ...
HOW TO MAKE THE MOST DELICIOUS ARROZ CON LECHE (RICE PUDDING)
ARROZ CON LECHE – SPANISH RICE PUDDING - GOYA FOODS
EASY BROWN RICE PUDDING RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook arroz con leche with rice?Once the rice is soft, stir in the whole milk, condensed milk, evaporated milk, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon. If you are using raisins, add them as well. Bring the mixture back to a gentle simmer, and cook for another 15 minutes, or until the mixture has thickened. Let Thicken and Serve. Remove the arroz con leche from the heat.
What is arroz con leche pudding?Rice pudding is a dessert that people enjoy in many parts of the world with a few variations in the process of making it and ingredients. Arroz con leche is believed by many to have been introduced to Spain by the Moors when they occupied a large part of the country.
Is arroz con leche the same as horchata?Arroz con leche is a Spanish version of rice pudding where the milk and rice are sweetened, cooked and flavored, creating a thick dish. Horchata is also made with milk, sugar and rice, however the rice is soaked, and the solids are then strained out creating a delicious chilled beverage. Why is my arroz con leche hard?
How to make rice pudding from scratch?Steps to Make It Pour water into a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Pour milk into another large saucepan and add sugar. Bring milk to a boil over medium heat, being careful that it does not boil over. Once the milk boils, add the drained rice, butter, cinnamon stick and lemon peel. Remove from heat and pour rice pudding into a serving dish.