QUICK AND HEARTY CORN CHOWDER
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir onion until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in corn, water, hash brown potatoes, black pepper, and salt. Bring to a boil; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Whisk 1/2 cup milk and flour in a small bowl until smooth.
- Pour milk mixture into the saucepan. Stir in remaining 1 1/2 cup milk; cook, stirring frequently, until thick, about 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 279.3 calories, Carbohydrate 44.4 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Fat 11.6 g, Fiber 4.3 g, Protein 9.4 g, SaturatedFat 6.3 g, Sodium 149.1 mg, Sugar 11.1 g
HEARTY CORN CHOWDER
This chowder is great when you feel like soup, but haven't the time to make up a pot. It'll satisfy a hearty appetite. I love this topped with lots of fresh parmesan & some crusty bread.
Provided by Marli
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat butter in a large pot.
- Sauté the onion and garlic until onion is transparent.
- Add the potatoes and toss in the butter to coat.
- Pour in the chicken stock and let simmer about 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- With a potato masher lightly mash the potatoes, leaving some chunks.
- Stir in the creamed corn and milk.
- Simmer on low heat gently, uncovered, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- *Do not allow to boil as there is a chance the milk may curdle.
- *Simmer gently for 10 minutes or until chowder has thickened.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 400.1, Fat 8.5, SaturatedFat 4.5, Cholesterol 24, Sodium 691.2, Carbohydrate 73.4, Fiber 6.5, Sugar 10, Protein 12.9
HEARTY CORN CHOWDER
"EVERYONE in my wife's family is a corn lover, so her mom came up with this wonderful recipe to satisfy their appetites. With the bacon, sausage and potatoes, it's hearty enough to be a one-pot meal, but it's also really good with the chicken."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings (1-1/2 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Crumble bacon and set aside., Saute celery and onion in drippings until onion is lightly browned. Add potatoes and water. Cover and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes. Stir in corn, milk, sausage, dill and bacon. Cook until potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 389 calories, Fat 19g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 48mg cholesterol, Sodium 766mg sodium, Carbohydrate 43g carbohydrate (11g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 15g protein.
HEARTY CORN AND CLAM CHOWDER
- Sauté bacon in heavy medium pot over medium heat until fat begins to render, about 3 minutes. Add onion, celery and carrot and sauté until vegetables begin to soften, about 8 minutes. Add thyme and bay leaf; stir 30 seconds. Add potatoes, clam juice and milk. Cover pot, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Add corn and clams with juices; simmer about 2 minutes. Season soup to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
HEARTY QUINOA & CORN CHOWDER
My grandmother lived in the Appalachian Mountains and always served straight-from-the-garden corn and beans. I updated her dish with quinoa and herbs. - Kari Napier, Louisville, Kentucky
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 14 servings (3/4 cup each).
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Broil peppers 4 in. from the heat until skins blister, about 5 minutes. With tongs, rotate peppers a quarter turn. Broil and rotate until all sides are blistered and blackened. Immediately place peppers in a large bowl; cover and let stand for 20 minutes. , Peel off and discard charred skin. Remove stems and seeds. Finely chop peppers. , Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook and stir quinoa over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes or until lightly toasted; remove from the pan. , In the same pan, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually whisk in stock and cream., Add the corn, beans, roasted peppers and quinoa; bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until quinoa is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 264 calories, Fat 16g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 49mg cholesterol, Sodium 485mg sodium, Carbohydrate 27g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
HEARTY VEGETARIAN CORN CHOWDER
I bought some fresh corn at the supermarket, came home, had a quick think about it and whipped this yummy soup up in 30 minutes. I was a chef, so my prep might be a bit faster than many.
Provided by JustJanS
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, celery and carrot and cook stirring about 5 minutes, stirring.
- Add the sweet potato, stir and cover with a lid. Allow it to cook for about 5 minutes, add in the corn and peas and cook a further 5 minutes with the lid on again.
- Sprinkle over the flour and cook for a couple of minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the milk and stir until boiling and smooth. You may need to add a little more milk or water depending on the size and amount of your vegetables.
- Add the remaining 4 ingredients and cook for a couple of minutes more, then serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 158.8, Fat 4.3, SaturatedFat 2.6, Cholesterol 13.7, Sodium 116.5, Carbohydrate 23.4, Fiber 3.9, Sugar 11.7, Protein 7.3
More about "hearty corn chowder recipes"
HEARTY HOMEMADE CORN CHOWDER - THE CHUNKY CHEF
4.8/5 (121)Category Main Course, SoupCuisine AmericanTotal Time 50 mins
- Slice corn kernels off the cob and set aside. Take each ear of corn and hold it over a bowl. Use either the back of your knife or a spoon and scrape any remaining pulp and juice from the cobs.
- Cook bacon pieces in large heavy bottomed pot (like a dutch oven) over MED heat. Cook about 5-8 minutes, or until bacon is crisp. Use a slotted spoon to remove to a paper towel lined plate and set aside.
- Use a clean paper towel to absorb some of the bacon grease, reserving about 1 Tbsp of grease in the pot. Add butter and melt over MED heat.
HEARTY CORN CHOWDER - FOOD GARDENING NETWORK
Servings 4Total Time 35 minsCategory Soups
HEARTY CORN CHOWDER | SOUP RECIPES | DIRT CHEAP RECIPES
HEARTY TURKEY CORN CHOWDER - GREAT GRUB, DELICIOUS TREATS
CREAMY CORN CHOWDER WITH BACON - THE COMFORT OF COOKING
HEARTY CORN & POTATO CHOWDER - VEGAN RECIPE
HEARTY ʻULU CORN CHOWDER RECIPE – HAWAIʻI 'ULU CO-OP
6 VEGAN CORN CHOWDER RECIPES THAT ARE RICH AND HEARTY ...
HEARTY CORN CHOWDER RECIPE FROM SCRATCH - HEALTHY …
HEARTY CORN CHOWDER WITH SAUSAGE AND POTATOES RECIPE
HEARTY CORN CHOWDER | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
CORN CHOWDER RECIPE - BELLY FULL
HEARTY LOBSTER CORN CHOWDER SOUP RECIPE - WONDERMOM WANNABE
CREAMY CORN CHOWDER | AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION RECIPES
HEARTY CORN CHOWDER - RECIPE - COOKS.COM
QUICK AND HEARTY CORN CHOWDER - CORN CHOWDER RECIPES
RECIPE: HEARTY GARLIC CORN CHOWDER | ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE WIKI
HEARTY CHICKEN CORN CHOWDER RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
HEARTY CORN CHOWDER - TRYING NEW FOOD
VEGAN CORN CHOWDER (EASY + DELICIOUS!) - THE SIMPLE VEGANISTA
HEARTY CORN CHOWDER - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
HEARTY CHICKEN & CORN CHOWDER | MYFITNESSPAL
HEARTY CORN CHOWDER RECIPE | TASTE OF HOME
21 CAMPBELL SOUP CORN CHOWDER RECIPE - SELECTED RECIPES
SLOW COOKER HEARTY CHICKEN CORN CHOWDER RECIPE - MAGIC SKILLET
HEARTY DIABETIC CORN AND POTATO CHOWDER RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
HEARTY INSTANT POT CORN CHOWDER RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
ONLINE:HEARTY GARLIC CORN CHOWDER - THE UNOFFICIAL ELDER ...
HEARTY CHICKEN & CORN CHOWDER - BIGOVEN
CORN CHOWDER | VEGETABLES RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #south-west-pacific #low-protein #healthy #soups-stews #vegetables #australian #easy #beginner-cook #fall #kid-friendly #low-fat #winter #chowders #stove-top #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #seasonal #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #comfort-food #inexpensive #healthy-2 #low-in-something #corn #taste-mood #savory #equipment #presentation #served-hot
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to make corn chowder?Using either, fresh, canned, or frozen corn, this Easy Corn Chowder recipe is a great year-round soup! With added potato, bacon, and cheese, you’ll want a big bowl! Add the bacon to the bottom of a large heavy soup pot set over medium heat. Stir until the bacon is browned and crispy. Remove to a paper-towel-lined plate with a slotted spoon.
Is there a vegan corn chowder?- The Simple Veganista Creamy and delicious, this Vegan Corn Chowder with fresh, frozen, or canned corn is 100% dairy-free and super easy to make with a handful of everyday whole food plant based ingredients! Looking for a crave-worthy vegan chowder recipe? Look no further – our recipe is easy to follow and the results are amazing!
What does chowder taste like?It’s everything a chowder should be – thick, creamy, hearty, flavorful, and simple. The rich broth pairs perfectly with the sweet corn. Pure comfort food. (Scroll below to the printable recipe card for details and measurements.)
What is creamy corn chowder made of?This creamy corn chowder is our new favorite chowder! It is a great way to use fresh corn and is made with fresh whole ingredients. Serve it on a cool evening, or make a batch and freeze it for the wintertime. Children and adults alike will love the creamy chunky texture and rich flavors from smoked paprika, thyme and white wine.