ARUGULA, CARAMELIZED ONION AND GOAT CHEESE PIZZA
From Ellie Krieger's "The Food You Crave". The sweet onions, tangy goat cheese and peppery arugula make a fantastic combination. I serve with salad for a nice lunch or light supper.
Provided by KLBoyle
Yield 2-4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet to med. heat and add onions. Cook until they are soft and golden in color, about 12-15 minute.
- Add the arugula and cook until it is wilted, about 1 minute.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place tortillas on baking sheet and top with arugula mixture, crumble goat cheese over top and bake until tortillas are crisped and cheese is slightly melted, about 10-12 minute.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 487.8, Fat 21.7, SaturatedFat 7.6, Cholesterol 22.4, Sodium 1075.4, Carbohydrate 57.9, Fiber 1.6, Sugar 3.9, Protein 16.6
CARAMELIZED ONION, WALNUT, AND GOAT CHEESE PIZZA WITH A BEER CRUST
Provided by Food Network
Yield Two 12 inch pizzas
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or stockpot over medium heat. Add the onions and a generous seasoning of salt and pepper. Toss to coat well, then cover the pan. Cook, tossing occasionally, until the onions are very soft and are caramel brown all over. After the first 10 minutes or so of cooking, you will have to lower the heat to prevent sticking. The onions need to be cooked slowly over low heat in order to caramelize properly; this will take about 45 minutes. By cooking them covered, you can use less oil to achieve this. Remove the cover from the pan, then add the walnuts. Cook 5 minutes, tossing frequently. Remove the onions from the heat and let cool.
- To make the crust, preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl and mix thoroughly. Pour in the beer and mix well. The dough will be sticky. Spread a handful of flour on your work surface and dump the dough onto it. Toss the dough around to coat it with the flour and prevent it from sticking. Knead it 2 or 3 times to make it pliable. Shape the dough into a ball, then divide it in two.
- Grease 2 baking sheets. Use a rolling pin to roll each ball into an 11 or 12 inch circle. Spread half the onion mixture onto each pizza. Sprinkle the crumbled goat cheese all over each pizza. I like to cook one pizza at a time, but you can cook the pizzas on 2 different oven racks and alternate them halfway through the cooking. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown on top or underneath
CARAMELIZED ONION AND GOAT CHEESE PIZZA
- To make the pizza crust, place the flour, yeast and salt in a bowl. Add 3/4 cup lukewarm water and use a flat-bladed knife to mix until just combined. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth. Place in a light oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place for 1 hour.
- To make the caramelized onions, heat the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat and add the onion, thyme and garlic, and stir to coat. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 23-30 minutes, or until the onions are very soft. Add the sugar and vinegar, and increase the heat to high. Cook for a further 5 minutes or until the onions start to caramelize. Set aside to cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 450°F Lightly grease two bake proof trays.
- Use your fist to pound the dough. Divide into two. Roll both portions and place on two bake proof trays.
- Spread the caramelized onions over both of the dough bases and sprinkle over the goat cheese.
- Bake the pizzas, turning the trays halfway through cooking for 15-20 minute, or until the top are golden and the bases are crisp.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 333.6, Fat 23.3, SaturatedFat 8.5, Cholesterol 25.2, Sodium 754.5, Carbohydrate 24.2, Fiber 2.8, Sugar 13.6, Protein 9.2
GOAT CHEESE ARUGULA PIZZA - NO RED SAUCE!
This pesto-based pizza is an amazingly simple and delicious variation to your regular pizza. Adapted from a pizza idea at a popular Neapolitan pizza restaurant in Washington DC, it'll take minutes to make and will disappear in even less time!
Provided by collmarie
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven according to pizza package instructions.
- Dab pesto onto the center of the pizza base, and spread toward the outer edges. Cut the goat cheese into thin coins, and spread or crumble across the pizza. Arrange tomato slices over goat cheese. Sprinkle with garlic. Brush the crust edges lightly with olive oil.
- Place pizza directly on preheated oven rack. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the crust edges are golden.
- After taking pizza out of the oven, allow to cool for a few minutes so that the cheese has time to set. After a couple of minutes, cover the pizza with a few handfuls of arugula. Cut, serve, and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 266.4 calories, Carbohydrate 19.6 g, Cholesterol 26.2 mg, Fat 15.7 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 11.7 g, SaturatedFat 7.4 g, Sodium 474.9 mg, Sugar 3.3 g
CARAMELIZED ONION & ARUGULA PIZZA
Sometimes, you don't just want a pizza. You want a fancy pizza. This one-made with caramelized onions and baby arugula-fits the bill perfectly.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield Makes 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Cook onions in butter in large skillet on medium-high heat 15 to 20 min. or until onions are tender, stirring occasionally. Add dressing; cook on medium heat 10 min. or until onions are caramelized, stirring occasionally. Stir in rosemary. Cool completely.
- Heat oven to 450ºF. Press Perfect Parmesan Pizza Dough onto bottom of 15x10-inch pan sprayed with cooking spray. Let stand 10 min. Top with onions. Bake on bottom oven rack 15 min. or until crust is golden brown.
- Top with cheese; bake 2 to 3 min. or until melted. Top with arugula and pine nuts.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 200, Fat 10 g, SaturatedFat 3.5 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Sodium 310 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 8 g
More about "arugula caramelized onion and goat cheese pizza recipes"
ARUGULA, CARAMELIZED ONION AND GOAT CHEESE PIZZA : …
Category AppetizerCalories 280 per serving
CARAMELIZED ONION AND GOAT CHEESE PIZZA RECIPE | WILTON
GOAT CHEESE AND ONION PIZZA - A SEASONED GREETING
CARAMELIZED ONION, GORGONZOLA AND PEAR PIZZA WITH ARUGULA
ARUGULA, BRIE, AND CARAMELIZED ONION PIZZA - TRIAL AND EATER
ROCKET, CARAMELISED ONION AND GOAT CHEESE PIZZA - FOOD NETWORK
ARUGULA, CARAMELIZED ONION AND GOAT CHEESE PIZZA - THE EPICENTRE
CARAMELIZED ONION AND GOAT CHEESE PIZZA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CARAMELIZED ONION, GOAT CHEESE & ARUGULA FLATBREAD
GOAT CHEESE PIZZA WITH CARAMELIZED ONION - I HEART …
PESTO, GOAT CHEESE, CARAMELIZED ONION, AND ARUGULA PIZZA
GOAT CHEESE CARAMELIZED ONION PIZZA | MINIMALIST BAKER …
ARUGULA, CARAMELIZED ONION AND GOAT CHEESE PIZZA – RECIPES …
CARAMELIZED ONION, FIG & GOAT CHEESE PIZZA WITH ARUGULA
GOAT CHEESE ARUGULA PIZZA RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
ARUGULA PUMPKIN PIZZA WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS - THE JUNE TABLE
SPICY CHORIZO PIZZA WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS, GOAT CHEESE
BEET AND GOAT CHEESE PAN PIZZA - JAMIE GELLER
CARAMELIZED ONION, GOAT CHEESE, AND PROSCIUTTO PIZZA
RECIPE: ARUGULA GOAT CHEESE PIZZA - DELIGHTED TO BE
FIG & ARUGULA PIZZA WITH CARAMELIZED ONION | EVERGLOW NUTRITION
PIZZA WITH GOAT CHEESE, CARAMELIZED ONIONS, BACON, ARUGULA, AND …
CARAMELIZED ONION AND GOAT CHEESE PIZZA - THE ORGANIC KITCHEN …
ARUGULA, CARAMELIZED ONION AND GOAT CHEESE PIZZA | RECIPE | GOAT …
FIG, CARAMELIZED ONION, AND GOAT CHEESE PIZZA
CARAMELIZED ONION & OLIVE PIZZA WITH GOAT CHEESE RECIPE
CRANBERRY GOAT CHEESE & CARAMELIZED ONION PIZZA RECIPE
CARAMELIZED ONION GOAT CHEESE PIZZA RECIPE FROM A GOUDA LIFE
FIG, GOAT CHEESE AND ARUGULA PIZZA - BAKING WITH A SOUTHERN ACCENT
ARUGULA, CARAMELIZED ONION AND GOAT CHEESE PIZZA
CARAMELIZED ONION KALE GOAT CHEESE PIZZA WITH BALSAMIC DRIZZLE
CARAMELIZED ONION ARUGULA PIZZA - SAVORY SIMPLE
ARUGULA, CARAMELIZED ONION AND GOAT CHEESE PIZZA RECIPE
GRILLED CARAMELIZED ONION, FIG AND ARUGULA PIZZA - HEATHER CAREY
CARAMELIZED ONION & GOAT CHEESE PIZZA - JULIA'S CUISINE
CARAMELISED ONIONS, APPLES AND GOAT CHEESE PIZZA
31 BEST GOAT CHEESE PIZZA RECIPES - BELLA BACINOS
27 AWESOME ARUGULA RECIPES - COOKINGCHEW.COM
CARAMELIZED ONION, ROASTED GARLIC, & GOAT CHEESE PIZZA
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook arugula on a pizza?Cook until the arugula is wilted, about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. Place the tortillas on a baking sheet and top each with some of the arugula/onion mixture. Crumble some goat cheese on top of each, and bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool for a few minutes and cut each pizza into 4 triangles.
How do you cook with arugula and onions?Turn the heat up to medium and add the arugula. Cook until the arugula is wilted, about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. Place the tortillas on a baking sheet and top each with some of the arugula/onion mixture. Crumble some goat cheese on top of each, and bake for 10 minutes.
What do you put on a pizza with caramelized onions?Brush dough or drizzle with just a little bit of olive oil, spread caramelized onions over the pizza, along with the figs and goat cheese. Bake for 5 more minutes or until onions and figs are warmed through. Remove pizza from oven and top with arugula and drizzle with balsamic reduction.
How do you make goat cheese pizza dough at home?Preheat oven to 450°F Lightly grease two bake proof trays. Use your fist to pound the dough. Divide into two. Roll both portions and place on two bake proof trays. Spread the caramelized onions over both of the dough bases and sprinkle over the goat cheese.