CRISPY HONEY-GLAZED FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: salt, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, ground cumin, dried oregano, cayenne powder, all-purpose flour, bone-in, skin-on chicken drumsticks, bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs, buttermilk, peanut or vegetable oil, honey
Provided by Alvin Zhou
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a medium bowl, add the salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, cumin, oregano, and cayenne and mix until combined. In a another medium bowl, combine half of the spice mix with the flour, mixing until the spices are evenly distributed.
- Add the chicken to a large bowl and sprinkle with the remaining spice blend. Mix until all the chicken pieces are evenly coated.
- Pour the buttermilk over the chicken and stir until the residual spices from the chicken have blended in with the buttermilk to create a light orange color. Marinate the chicken in the fridge for 2 hours, or overnight.
- Heat the oil to about 325°F (160°C) in a large cast-iron skillet.
- Dredge each piece of chicken in the flour, shaking off any excess. Dip them back into the buttermilk mixture, then back into the flour. Make sure to shake off excess flour or it'll burn while frying.
- Fry 3-4 chicken pieces at a time, occasionally turning them over. Cook for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown, crispy, and the internal temperature reaches 165°F (75°C). Rest the cooked chicken pieces on a wire rack to let excess oil drain off.
- Drizzle the chicken with honey, then serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 445 calories, Carbohydrate 51 grams, Fat 11 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 31 grams, Sugar 4 grams
EXTRA-CRISPY FRIED CHICKEN
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F.
- Roughly chop 1 bunch rosemary, sage and thyme, 5 of the bay leaves and the 3 garlic cloves. Add to a bowl, and mix with the olive oil, 3 tablespoons salt and 2 tablespoons pepper. Rub the birds with the herb mixture so it sticks to the skin. Transfer the chickens to a roasting pan.
- Roast for 2 1/2 hours, or until the temperature between the breast and thigh near the bone registers 150 degrees F. At this stage the chickens are 75-percent cooked. Set aside to cool.
- When cool enough to handle, break down the birds into 10 pieces each, with the breasts boneless and halved. You will end up with a wing, leg, thigh and 2 pieces breast meat per half chicken.
- In a large bowl, combine the buttermilk, hot sauce and sugar. Submerge the chicken pieces in the buttermilk and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Fill a large, heavy pot with grapeseed oil to a depth of 3 inches. Turn the heat on, and add the remaining bunches rosemary, sage and thyme, the remaining 5 bay leaves and the head of garlic, broken into cloves. Heat the oil to 375 degrees F on a deep-fry thermometer. The herbs and garlic will crisp up and perfume the oil as it comes to temperature. Once they are crispy, remove them to a paper-towel-lined plate and set aside--they will serve as a garnish for the finished dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, rice flour, garlic powder, onion powder, 1/3 cup salt and 1/4 cup black pepper; mix thoroughly. Remove the chicken from the buttermilk (do not dry) and coat well in the flour mixture.
- Without over-crowding the pot, fry the breaded chicken until all the pieces are golden brown and cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove to a clean kitchen cloth and season with flaked salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Line a serving platter with a paper bag, brown parchment paper or a clean napkin. Pile the chicken onto the platter. Serve with the fried herbs and garlic and the lemon wedges.
HONEY FRIED CHICKEN
- Place the chicken pieces in a large bowl, then add the buttermilk, 1 tablespoon of the salt, 1 tablespoon of the pepper and 1 teaspoon of the paprika. Mix to combine. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours.
- In a large, deep pot or Dutch oven pour enough of the oil to fill the pot 3- to 4-inches. Heat over medium-high heat until a deep-frying thermometer inserted in the oil reaches 350 degrees F. Set a cooling rack over a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, whisk to combine the flour, garlic powder, onion powder, the remaining 3/4 tablespoon salt, 1/2 tablespoon pepper and 1 tablespoon paprika. Whisk to combine the dredge.
- Lift the chicken from the buttermilk, then coat the pieces completely in the flour. Transfer the chicken to a baking sheet or large plate.
- Working in batches and being careful to not overcrowd the pot, add the legs and thighs to the hot oil and cook, turning and monitoring the oil temperature, until crisp and golden brown, 5 to 6 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to the prepared rack. Add the wings and breast pieces to the oil and cook until deep golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to the rack, then drizzle with honey and serve.
HONEY FRIED CHICKEN
This has been a favorite in my family for many years -- we first had it at a small restaurant in New England and wanted to try to make it ourselves. I think we came very close! Hope you enjoy it!
Provided by SmKat
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper, then coat each seasoned chicken piece with honey.
- In a shallow dish or bowl, mix together the garlic powder, chicken bouillon granules and flour. Dredge honey coated chicken pieces in flour mixture, coating completely.
- Fill a large, heavy skillet with oil to a depth of one inch. Heat over medium-high heat.
- Fry chicken for at least 5 minutes per side, until no longer pink and juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 565.6 calories, Carbohydrate 42.2 g, Cholesterol 97.1 mg, Fat 28.5 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 34.2 g, SaturatedFat 6.2 g, Sodium 234.4 mg, Sugar 17.9 g
SUPER CRISPY BAKED CHICKEN
Combine mashed potato flakes with Parmesan cheese for an ultra-crunchy coating to oven-baked chicken that is oh-so-tender and perfectly moist.-June Brown, Veneta, Oregon
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a shallow dish, combine potato flakes, Parmesan cheese, poultry seasoning and pepper. Place butter in another shallow dish. Dip chicken in butter, then coat with potato flake mixture. , Place on a lightly greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, 50-65 minutes or until juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 766 calories, Fat 48g fat (22g saturated fat), Cholesterol 216mg cholesterol, Sodium 400mg sodium, Carbohydrate 28g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 53g protein.
HONEY-DIPPED FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE - (3.7/5)
Provided by á-1822
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Cut and clean all chicken parts. Set aside in a bowl of ice water. Place flour on a large plate and set aside. Coat frying pan with vegetable oil, and heat over a medium flame. Combine and briskly stir the eggs, buttermilk and honey until ingredients are evenly mixed. NOTE: Mixture should have the same consistency as syrup. Generously season both sides of chicken parts with salt, garlic salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper Dip chicken into the egg and honey buttermilk batter and let excess batter drip off Evenly coat the chicken in flour Fry the chicken for 8-10 minuites on each side or until chicken is golden brown When done, place the chicken on a paper towel to absorb excess oil
JUICY HONEY FRIED CHICKEN
This tasty, juicy honey fried chicken gets ridiculously golden crispy from the honey buttermilk batter and lip-smacking seasoned breading! Drizzle a little honey over the top of the cooked chicken, if desired.
Provided by Culinary Envy
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, seasoned bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, salt, 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, paprika, and pepper in a small, shallow bowl.
- Combine milk, egg, honey, lemon juice, and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder in a separate shallow bowl until well blended.
- Dip chicken pieces first in the flour mixture to coat all sides and shake off excess. Dip into the egg mixture and back into the flour mixture. Set chicken pieces aside on a plate to rest for 10 minutes.
- Pour 1 inch of peanut oil into a deep-fryer or large saucepan and heat to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) over medium-high heat. Fry chicken a few pieces at a time, without crowding, until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to the prepared baking sheet using tongs.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the chicken is no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, 30 to 40 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 637.7 calories, Carbohydrate 30 g, Cholesterol 103.9 mg, Fat 46.1 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 24.6 g, SaturatedFat 12.2 g, Sodium 795.1 mg, Sugar 6 g
EXTRA CRISPY FRIED CHICKEN
There was a picture of this chicken next to the recipe on the internet and it looks awesome! It looks super crispy! I have not tried this yet, but it sounds really easy. Can be baked or deep fried.
Provided by Marie
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Combine the pancake mix with one package of the Italian salad dressing mix.
- Combine the other package with the egg and club soda or beer.
- Dip each piece of chicken in the egg mixture, then in the pancake mix mixture.
- Place pieces on a wire cooling rack without allowing to touch each other.
- Let dry for 5 minutes.
- Spray baking pan with non stick spray and place chicken on without allowing pieces to touch each other (chicken will be soggy if you do).
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until done.
- Deep fry at 425° for about 7 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 707.8, Fat 35.6, SaturatedFat 9.9, Cholesterol 221.8, Sodium 956.3, Carbohydrate 46.4, Fiber 1.8, Sugar 0.1, Protein 46.6
More about "atks super crispy honey dipped fried chicken recipes"
THE ULTIMATE CRISPY FRIED CHICKEN - AMERICA'S TEST …
5/5 (2)Servings 4-6Cuisine SouthernCategory Main Courses
MY ULTIMATE SUPER CRISPY FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE
SUPER CRISPY FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
CRISPY FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE | @ATKINS
CRISPY BAKED HONEY GARLIC CHICKEN - THE COMFORT OF …
HONEY FRIED CHICKEN | COOK'S COUNTRY - QUICK RECIPES
10 BEST CRISPY HONEY CHICKEN RECIPES - YUMMLY
HONEY-CRISP OVEN FRIED CHICKEN - ELLIE KRIEGER
EXTRA CRISPY FRIED CHICKEN - SERENA BAKES SIMPLY FROM …
HONEY CHICKEN - STAYS CRISPY FOR HOURS! | RECIPETIN EATS
5/5 (68)Servings 4Cuisine ChineseCategory Mains
- Place batter mixing bowl in the fridge with the flour, baking powder and salt. (Helps keep batter cold = crispier chicken)
- Place ingredients in a large saucepan over medium heat. Bring to simmer, then leave to simmer for 3 minutes.
TRULY CRISPY OVEN FRIED CHICKEN [RECIPE - SAVORY NOTHINGS
CRISPY HONEY CHICKEN - TOGETHER AS FAMILY
SUPER CRISPY FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE - STL COOKS
SUPER CRISPY BUTTER CHICKEN (JUST 6 INGREDIENTS ... - DINNER, THEN …
SUPERCRISPY PAN-FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE - ANGIE MOSIER | FOOD & WINE
HONEY DIPPED FRIED CHICKEN - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
HOW TO COOK SUPER CRISPY FRIED CHICKEN!!! - YOUTUBE
HONEY DIPPED CHICKEN RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
NO FAIL FRIED CHICKEN (CHICKEN BREAST, CAYENNE, PAPRIKA, BLACK …
EASY OVEN FRIED CHICKEN THIGHS - CHEF SAVVY - MAIN DISH
ATK'S SUPER CRISPY, HONEY-DIPPED FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE - FOOD.COM
HOW TO MAKE THE CRISPIEST FRIED CHICKEN OF YOUR LIFE - MYRECIPES
CRISPY FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE - ATKINS
SUPER CRISPY FRIED CHICKEN - COOKWITHTINI
CRISPY HONEY-GLAZED FRIED CHICKEN - YOUTUBE
ASIAN STYLE CRISPY HONEY CHICKEN - 4 SONS 'R' US
CRISPY CHICKEN TENDERS WITH GARLIC CHILLI DIP
AMAZING CRISPY FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE - DAMN FINE DISHES
HONEY DIPPED CHICKEN RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
HONEY-CRISP OVEN-FRIED CHICKEN - THE CULINARY CHASE
FRIED HONEY CHICKEN - MAGIC SKILLET
ATK'S SUPER CRISPY, HONEY-DIPPED FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE - FOOD.COM
SUPER CRISPY FRIED CHICKEN - RECIPESRUN - POPULAR RECIPES
CRISPY OVEN FRIED CHICKEN - THE BUSY BAKER
RECIPE FOR SPICY HONEY DIPPED FRIED CHICKEN - FOOD NEWS
ATK'S SUPER CRISPY, HONEY-DIPPED FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make honey fried chicken crispy?Mix honey with chili and a splash of orange juice to thin it out. When the air-fried chicken is done, brush on the honey or drizzle it on. You can make this crispy honey-fried chicken recipe on the stovetop by frying the coated chicken in oil.
How do you make Super Crispy fried chicken?Super Crispy Fried Chicken made with buttermilk, chicken, hot sauce, and seasoned flour is crispy on the outside and tender on the inside! Mix the chicken pieces, buttermilk, salt, pepper and hot sauce in a large bowl and refrigerate for at least four hours. Mix the paprika with the flour in a medium bowl with a baking sheet set up next to it.
What is the recipe for fried chicken in North Carolina?North Carolina Dipped Fried Chicken 1 FOR THE CHICKEN: Dissolve the 1/2 cup salt and 1/4 cup sugar in 2 quarts cold water in large container. ... 2 Whisk flour, cornstarch, granulated garlic, baking powder, 2 teaspoons pepper, and 1 teaspoon salt together in large bowl. ... 3 Set wire rack in rimmed baking sheet. ... More items...
How long does it take to deep fry chicken pieces?Fry 3-4 chicken pieces at a time, occasionally turning them over. Cook for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown, crispy, and the internal temperature reaches 165°F (75°C). Rest the cooked chicken pieces on a wire rack to let excess oil drain off. Drizzle the chicken with honey, then serve.