AUTHENTIC MOLE FROM VERACRUZ MEXICO
My MIL gave me this recipe. She makes this for any special occasion. Its delicious and beats the base you buy in a jar here in the US.
Provided by cervantesbrandi
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 22
- Place the water, chicken base or cubes and chicken in a stock pot. Bring the water to a boil, turn the heat down to a medium simmer, cover and cook the chicken for 1 hour or until fork tender and the meat shreds easily.
- While the chicken is cooking pour the oil into a large saute pan. Heat the oil on medium heat. Once the oil is hot enough add in all ingredients from the dried chiles to the garlic clove. Fry the ingredients for 1 minute or until fragrant making sure not to burn the chiles.
- Strain the ingredients and discard all of the oil except for 2 tablespoons Place the strained ingredients possibly working in two batches in the blender.
- When the chicken is done, remove the meat from the broth and add in 2 cups of broth into the blender and half of the fried tortilla. Blend on high for 5 minutes.
- Heat the 2 tbsp of reserved oil on medium heat in the large skillet you were using before and pour in the blended mole.
- Then pour the other batch of chile and spices into the blender with the other half of the tortilla and 2 cups of broth and blend on high for 5 minutes.
- Pour the other batch of mole in the saute pan and stir to combine. Place the piloncillo and chocolate in the mole and stir until melted. Taste to adjust for salt.
- Add in the chicken pieces spooning the sauce over the chicken. Cover and cook for an additional 10 minutes to marry the flavors. Serve with fresh warm corn tortillas and white rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1210.1, Fat 88.6, SaturatedFat 20, Cholesterol 246.2, Sodium 361.1, Carbohydrate 42.7, Fiber 9.1, Sugar 12.2, Protein 63.6
AUTHENTIC MOLE SAUCE
Hot chiles and rich chocolate make this authentic mole sauce perfect for topping stewed meats or enchiladas.
Provided by Allrecipes
Categories Side Dish Sauces and Condiments Recipes Sauce Recipes Mole Sauce Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 22
- Toast guajillo chiles, ancho chiles, and chipotle chiles in a dry pan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until warm and aromatic, about 3 minutes. Transfer to the blender with chicken broth.
- Heat 2 cups chicken broth in a saucepan until it begins to simmer, about 5 minutes. Pour broth into a blender.
- Toast dinner roll pieces and tortilla strips in a dry pan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Transfer to the blender with chicken broth and chiles
- Allow the chiles and toasted bread and tortillas to soak, fully submerged, in the chicken broth until softened, about 10 minutes. Blend the mixture until smooth.
- Cook tomatoes and tomatillos in a dry skillet on medium-high heat until soft and blackened, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Place tomatoes in the blender with the chile puree.
- Melt lard in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion, garlic, peanuts, raisins, cumin seeds, thyme, cinnamon sticks, cloves, and allspice berries; cook and stir until onions are soft and golden, 5 to 8 minutes. Remove the cinnamon sticks and other whole spices; add onion mixture to the blender with the chile-tomato mixture and blend until smooth.
- Pour chile puree into a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in chocolate chicken broth, sugar, and salt. Bring mixture to a simmer; stir until chocolate is melted and sauce is thickened and slightly reduced, 10 to 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 506.8 calories, Carbohydrate 74.9 g, Cholesterol 7.1 mg, Fat 23.3 g, Fiber 11.3 g, Protein 11 g, SaturatedFat 8.8 g, Sodium 1372.7 mg, Sugar 42.5 g
More about "authentic mole from veracruz mexico recipes"
WHOLE MOLE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD - STEVEHACKS.COM
MEXICAN MOLE SAUCE – COCOA COMMUNITY CONFECTIONS INC.
HOW TO MAKE MEXICAN MOLE POBLANO: CLASSIC MOLE SAUCE RECIPE
HOW TO MAKE MOLE POBLANO (QUICK AND EASY RECIPE)
AUTHENTIC MOLE FROM VERACRUZ MEXICO RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
RECIPE FOR AUTHENTIC MOLE SAUCE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
INTRODUCING A STAPLE DOñA MARIA MOLE VERDE RECIPE
MOLE VERACRUZANO ~ MOLE FROM VERACRUZ – FLAN AND APPLE PIE
VERACRUZ - MOLE DE XICO RECIPE - MEXICAN FOOD
MAKING AN AUTHENTIC MEXICAN MOLE - HOW-TO - FINECOOKING
MOLE – MEXICO'S FAMOUS SAUCE WITH RECIPE - AMIGOFOODS
MEXICAN MOLE RECIPE AUTHENTIC - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
HOW TO MAKE MOLE FROM VERACRUZ MEXICO? – UNOMASTAQUIZA
RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE MOLE NEGRA - YAM MAGAZINE
AUTHENTIC MOLE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
THE HIRSHON MEXICAN SWEET MOLE FROM XICO - THE FOOD DICTATOR
THE CUISINE OF OAXACA, LAND OF THE SEVEN MOLES - MEXCONNECT
HOW TO MAKE AUTHENTIC MOLE POBLANO WITH CHICKEN
HOW TO MAKE MOLE VERDE RECIPE (GREEN MOLE RECIPE)
AUTHENTIC MEXICAN MOLE BEST RECIPES
MOLE MEXICAN FOOD RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
REGIONAL MEXICAN CUISINE: OLD WORLD MEETS NEW IN VERACRUZ
HOLY MOLE! THE MEXICAN NATIONAL DISH - GOOD FOOD MEXICO
AUTHENTIC MOLE POBLANO RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
VERACRUZ STYLE WHITE FISH RECIPE - MEXICAN FOOD JOURNAL
AUTHENTIC MEXICAN GREEN MOLE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
HOW TO MAKE AUTHENTIC MOLE SAUCE RECIPE
MOLE FROM VERACRUZ (MOLE DE XICO) | ZARELA
MOLE NEGRO RECIPE - OAXACAN MOLE NEGRO WITH TURKEY | HANK SHAW
AUTHENTIC MOLE SAUCE - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
A BRIEF HISTORY OF MOLE, MEXICO'S NATIONAL DISH - THE MAZATLAN POST
AUTHENTIC MOLE FROM VERACRUZ MEXICO RECIPE - MEXICAN.FOOD.COM
AUTHENTIC MOLE NEGRO RECIPE RECIPES - TUTDEMY.COM
AUTHENTIC VERACRUZ RECIPES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
MEXICAN MOLE VERACRUZ | ETSY
MEXICO: WITH ‘M’ OF MOLE
AUTHENTIC MOLE RECIPE FROM SCRATCH BEST RECIPES
MOLE SAUCE RECIPE: AUTHENTIC MEXICAN - RESTLESS CHIPOTLE
MOLÈ RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD - STEVEHACKS.COM
THE BEST OF MEXICO'S OAXACAN CUISINE | ALLRECIPES
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #main-dish #poultry #mexican #chocolate #dietary #spicy #free-of-something #meat #taste-mood #savory #sweet #number-of-servings
You'll also love