AVIYAL RECIPE | AVIAL RECIPE
Aviyal is a mixed vegetable stew thats rich in vegetables along with coconut. It is a very good accompaniment for south Indian lunch. It's also can be served as an accompaniment with Adai, which is one of the popular combo in Tamil Nadu.
Provided by Sowmya Venkatachalam
Categories Kootu varieties (Stew) Poriyal Varieties (South Indian Curries)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Take coconut, green chili, salt in a mixer jar.
- Grind it to a smooth paste by adding 2 tablespoon of water. Set this aside.
- Take the drumstick, potato, raw banana, chow chow, carrot in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Add turmeric powder and 1 cup of water. Cover and cook the vegetables till they are almost cooked.
- Once the veggies are 90% cooked, add the rest of the vegetables like cucumber, white pumpkin, yellow pumpkin and brinjal. These vegetables are rich in water content and they cook faster. So we need to add it after the stiff vegetables are almost cooked.
- Once all the veggies are cooked and becomes soft, add the ground coconut paste and give a gentle mix.
- Add curd now and give a mix. Finally add coconut oil, curry leaves and mix gently.
- Aviyal is now ready! Relish with Sambar rice / Rasam or Adai!
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 0.333 Cup, Calories 110 kcal, Carbohydrate 8 g, Protein 2 g, Fat 8 g
AVIYAL - INDIAN MIXED VEGETABLE STEW
This is a mixed vegetable stew from South India. This version from Iyer Kitchen cookbook by Arun Ganapathy tastes just like the best aviyal I've had in India. The mixed vegetables should be harder ones. Do not use greens, peas, tomatoes, etc. Use vegetables like green beans, potatoes, carrots, plantain, zuchinni, and yam.
Provided by alvinakatz
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a small amount of water, cook vegetables until almost done.
- Grind together the coconut, chili,and cumin seeds using just a little water to accomplish this. You should end up with a paste.
- Add yogurt, tumeric and salt to the spice paste and mix well.
- Turn heat on the vegetables to low and add the yogurt mix to the vegetables. A low heat keeps the yogurt from curdling. If it curdles, it's OK. You can still eat it. It just won't look as nice.
- Heat the vegetable or coconut oil in a small pan. When hot add the mustard seeds. Cook until they pop.
- Add mustard seeds and the oil they were cooked in as well as the curry leaves to the vegetables.
- Serve over rice.
- If you have them, toss some spicy banana chips (not sweet ones) on top.
AVIYAL / MIXED VEGETABLE STEW IN COCONUT BASED SAUCE
Aviyal is one of a side dish that utilizes lot of vegetables. I see it as a way to use up all the left over vegetables in the house. Also it is a very good recipe to make for the kids as we can get many vegetables inside their meal.
Provided by Sandhya Ramakrishnan
Categories Diwali Recipes Easy recipe Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Chop all the vegetables and cook it enough water. Add water to cover the vegetables and cook it on medium heat until the vegetables are ¾th done. If adding turmeric powder, add that too and then boil. When the vegetables are ¾th done, add the salt and let it cook for few more minutes. Make sure all the vegetables are cooked through but are not mushy.
- Grind all the ingredients listed and add this mixture to the cooked vegetable. Let it come to a boil. Mix the rice flour in about 4 tablespoon of water and then add this to the aviyal. Let it boil again. The rice flour helps in thickening the aviyal.
- Temper the mustard seeds and curry leaves in coconut oil and add it to the aviyal.
- Just before serving, mix the Aviyal with beaten yogurt and mix well. When the climate is warm, we generally mix only the required amount at one time with yogurt. Since the yogurt could get sour when left out for a prolonged time and also once the yogurt is added it is not advisable to reheat it. So add yogurt to small quantities that would be used up in one go.
- Serve hot with Paruppu saadham (rice with dhal).
- Aviyal is also usually served with mixed rice varieties like Puliyodharai and coconut rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 289 kcal, Carbohydrate 38 g, Protein 10 g, Fat 12 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, TransFat 1 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Sodium 303 mg, Fiber 7 g, Sugar 13 g, UnsaturatedFat 3 g, ServingSize 1 serving
Aviyal is a traditional dish of the South Indian state of KERALA. This is a stew made of a variety of vegetables coconut and yoghurt. This is one dish that is mandatory while serving sadya (traditional celebration meal) along with saambaar, rasam, thoran etc. In the northern part of Kerala this dish is made with yoghurt but in the southern part it is cooked with tamarind juice. Both ways it is just plain yummy!!
Provided by udita
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Grind coconut, green chillies and cumin seeds to a fine paste. Whisk in yogurt and keep aside.
- Boil all the vegetables with 1 Drumstick (cut into finger sized batons) and curry leaves in 2 cups of water to which salt and turmeric is added. When the vegetables are almost done, add yogurt mixture and boil thoroughly.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes. Lace with coconut oil and serve with rice.
- Tip: If you do not like the smell of raw coconut oil, then just avoid the oil as it is optional. You can also add raw mango to aviyal. If you do so, reduce the yogurt to 1 cup only.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 128.7, Fat 7.4, SaturatedFat 5.8, Cholesterol 8, Sodium 38.5, Carbohydrate 14, Fiber 2.3, Sugar 6.2, Protein 3.4
More about "aviyal indian mixed vegetable stew recipes"
AVIYAL (MIXED VEGETABLE STEW WITH COCONUT, CUMIN, …
EASY AVIYAL RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE AVIAL AT HOME
AVIAL RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE AVIAL (AVIYAL) - DASSANA'S …
AVIYAL (INDIAN VEGETABLE STEW WITH COCONUT & YOGURT) RECIPE
AVIAL (AVIYAL/KERALA MIXED VEGETABLE CURRY) RECIPE
AVIYAL / AVIAL / KERALA MIXED VEGETABLE COCONUT GRAVY
HOT POT COOKING: AVIYAL | VEGETABLE STEW | VEGETABLE STEW, RASAM …
AVIAL RECIPE | AVIYAL RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE UDUPI STYLE AVIYAL RECIPE
AVIYAL - AVIAL RECIPE - KERALA SADYA RECIPES | MIXED VEGETABLES IN ...
SITU'S CUISINE: AVIYAL - MIXED VEGETABLE STEW
AVIYAL(MIXED VEGETABLE WITH YOGURT) | INDIAN KITCHEN – COOKING …
AVIAL RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE AVIYAL | MIXED VEGETABLE …
VEGETABLE AVIAL RECIPE SOUTH INDIAN /AVIYAL - MARUDHUSKITCHEN
KERALA MIXED VEGETABLE AVIYAL RECIPE - AUTHENTIC RECIPES OF INDIA
AVIYAL/ MIXED VEGETABLES COOKED WITH SPICY COCONUT PASTE
AVIAL RECIPE | SOUTH INDIAN MIXED VEGGIE CURRY – COOKILICIOUS
AVIAL | AVIYAL | KERALA STYLE MIXED VEGETABLES COCONUT CURRY
AVIAL RECIPE KERALA STYLE - MIXED VEGETABLES WITH COCONUT, CURD …
AVIYAL - MIXED VEGETABLE STEW | VEGETABLE STEW, VEGETABLES, STEW
AVIAL ORIGIN STORY,SOUTH INDIAN KERALAVEGETABLE STEW,ONAM SADYA …
AVIYAL (MIXED INDIAN VEGETABLES) - BIGOVEN.COM
MIXED VEGETABLE CURRY | AVIYAL RECIPE | RAFEENA
AVIAL : SOUTH INDIAN MIXED VEGETABLE RECIPE
AVIYAL (SOUTH INDIAN MIXED VEGETABLE AND YOGURT CURRY)
AVIAL - KERALA MIXED VEGETABLE CURRY WITH COCONUT AND YOGURT
MIXED VEGETABLE AVIYAL RECIPE | KERALA SADYA RECIPES | GUTTANS
AVIAL RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE AVIYAL | MIXED VEGETABLE CURRY
AVIAL RECIPE | KERALA STYLE AVIYAL - I CAMP IN MY KITCHEN
AVIYAL / MIXED VEGETABLE STEW IN COCONUT BASED SAUCE - | RECIPE ...
AVIAL AVIYAL VEGETABLE STEW RECIPE - VEGETARIAN COOKING RECIPES …
AVIYAL - INDIAN MIXED VEGETABLE STEW RECIPE - TEXTCOOK
AVIYAL » NISH'S RECIPES » BREAKFAST » AVIYAL » NISH'S RECIPES
ELEVENTEEN RECIPES AND COUNTING.....: AVIYAL - MIXED VEGETABLE STEW
AVIAL (AVIYAL) WITH VEGETABLES KERALA STYLE IN 30 MINS
AVIYAL RECIPE | MIXED VEGETABLE STEW - YOUTUBE
AVIYAL RECIPE | AVIAL RECIPE | RECIPE | AVIYAL RECIPE, VEGETABLE STEW ...
YOGHURT VEGGIE STEW (AVIYAL) - VERSATILE FOODIE
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love