BACON APPLE PIE
...with delicious, crispy bacon lattice! Other bacon apple pie recipes call for bacon to be crumbled into the pie filling, but this one uses a bacon weave on top for an extra crispy treat. NOTE: this recipe calls for canned pie filling and frozen pie crust, but feel free to make your own. Home-made is better, but pre-made is better than nothing.
Provided by Da Huz
Yield 1 pie, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Mix apple pie filling, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and lemon juice in a bowl and pour into pie crust (in a pie pan or tin). Smooth with a spatula.
- Create bacon weave on top of pie: Lay two strips across the pie so that they intersect in the middle and are at right angles. Turn the pie so that the lower strip points toward you. Continue adding more bacon to the left and the right, creating an alternating over-under pattern with the single strip that runs side-to-side.
- At this point, there should five or six strips of bacon pointing toward the front of the pie and one strip running side-to-side which weaves over and under the other five or six strips.
- Begin laying a strip of bacon next to the on running side-to-side. Start at one end and create an over-under pattern opposite the first one by lifting up alternating strips, laying this piece down, and replacing the strips you lifted. Continue on both sides until the pie is completely covered in a bacon lattice with an alternating over-under weave.
- Trim the ends that hang over the sides. Save these trimmings for use in recipes that call for diced bacon (you can freeze them).
- Bake 45-60 minutes, or until bacon is crispy and completely cooked. You may want to bake this over a baking sheet in case apple or bacon grease ooze over the sides.
- Cool for 10 minutes before serving. Serve with caramel praline, dulce de leche, or similar ice cream. If desired, you can cooked up the bacon trimmings and garnish the ice cream with them.
BACON-CRUMBLE APPLE PIE
Bacon and apple pie? Sounds interesting so I had to save it here. Recipe is from Rachael Ray's magazine.
Provided by CookingONTheSide
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In large skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until crisp; drain and crumble.
- In medium bowl, combine the flour and brown sugar, add the butter and, using your fingers, incorporate the butter until the mixture is crumbly.
- Stir in the bacon and cheese; refrigerate.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- In medium bowl, toss the apples with the granulated sugar and lemon peel.
- Transfer to the pie shell and sprinkle with the topping.
- Place the pie on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake until golden and the apples are tender when pierced, 40-45 minutes.
- Let cool before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 572.5, Fat 36.6, SaturatedFat 14.2, Cholesterol 52.5, Sodium 545.8, Carbohydrate 51.9, Fiber 3.1, Sugar 27.4, Protein 10.3
APPLE CRUMBLE PIE
Less intimidating to make than the traditional double-crust version, this apple pie gets topped with a crumbly, crunchy topping that settles nicely into the soft bubbly filling. Reducing the apples' cooking juices helps concentrate their flavor into a caramel-like toffee, which makes the pie that much more potent and sweet.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 19
- For the dough: Pulse the flour, granulated sugar and salt in a food processor until combined. Add the butter and pulse until the mixture resembles yellow cornmeal mixed with pea-sized bits of butter. Add the egg mixture and pulse until the dough just comes together. (If the dough is very dry, add up to 1 extra tablespoon cold water.) Remove the dough, gently pat it into a round, wrap it in plastic wrap and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, at least 1 hour and up to 2 days.
- For the filling: Meanwhile, put the lemon juice in a medium bowl. Peel and core the apples; cut each in half, and cut each half into 4 wedges. Add the apples and brown sugar to the bowl with the lemon juice, and toss.
- Melt the butter over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add the sugared apples and cook, stirring, until the sugar dissolves and the mixture begins to simmer, about 2 minutes. Cover, reduce the heat to medium-low and cook until the apples soften and release most of their juices, about 7 minutes.
- Strain the apples in a colander set over a medium bowl to catch all the juices. Shake the colander to extract as much liquid as possible. Return the juice to the skillet and simmer over medium heat until it has thickened and lightly caramelized, about 10 minutes.
- Toss the apples with the thickened juice, cinnamon, salt, cloves, ginger and nutmeg in a medium bowl. Set aside to cool completely. (The cooled filling can be refrigerated for up to 2 days or frozen for up to 6 months.)
- For the streusel topping: Whisk the flour, sugar and salt together in a medium bowl. Add the butter and rub it into the flour mixture with your fingers until it has been absorbed. Mix in the almonds.
- To assemble and bake the pie: Position a rack in the lower third of the oven and place a baking sheet on it. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. On a lightly floured work surface, roll the dough into a 12-inch circle. Layer it between pieces of parchment or wax paper on a baking sheet, and refrigerate for at least 10 minutes.
- Ease the dough round into a 9-inch pie pan. Fold and crimp the edges as desired. Add the filling, and spread it out to make an even layer. Squeeze handfuls of the streusel topping, and drop clumps of it on top of the filling to completely cover it.
- Bake the pie on the preheated baking sheet until the crust and streusel are golden brown, about 1 hour. Let it cool on a cooling rack for at least 3 hours before serving. (The pie keeps well, covered, at room temperature for 24 hours or refrigerated for up to 4 days.)
CLASSIC APPLE CRUMB PIE
- Make the crust: Whisk the flour, granulated sugar and salt in a large bowl. Rub the butter pieces into the flour using your fingers until pea-size pieces form. Drizzle in the vinegar and ice water; stir gently with a fork to combine. If the dough doesn't hold together when you squeeze it, add more ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time. Turn out the dough onto a piece of plastic wrap and form into a disk; wrap tightly. Refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface into a 13-inch round. Ease into a 9-inch pie plate. Trim the edges, leaving a 1-inch overhang, then tuck the overhanging dough under itself; crimp the edges with a fork. Refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Meanwhile, make the crumb topping: Mix the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl. Rub the butter into the mixture with your fingers until no longer floury and crumbs form. Freeze until ready to use.
- Make the filling: Place a foil-lined baking sheet on the lowest oven rack; preheat to 400˚. Mix the apples, melted butter, both sugars, flour, lemon juice, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Spoon the filling into the chilled pie crust. Pat the crumb mixture on top.
- Bake the pie on the hot baking sheet until lightly browned, about 30 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 350˚ and bake until the apples are completely soft when pierced with a paring knife, 60 to 80 more minutes. (If the topping is getting too dark, cover loosely with foil.) Transfer the pie to a rack to cool completely.
APPLE CRUMBLE PIE
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C.)
- Arrange apple slices in unbaked pie shell. Mix 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples.
- Mix 1/3 cup sugar with flour; cut in butter until crumbly. Spoon mixture over apples.
- Bake in preheated oven until apples are soft and top is lightly browned, about 40 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 357.7 calories, Carbohydrate 52 g, Cholesterol 22.9 mg, Fat 16.4 g, Fiber 2.5 g, Protein 2.5 g, SaturatedFat 7.9 g, Sodium 209.6 mg, Sugar 29.9 g
BACON-LATTICED APPLE PIE
This pie is both sweet and salty, which is my favorite dessert combination. The smoky bacon, mingling with the spiced apples and bourbon crust, is heavenly.
Provided by Amber Wilson
Yield Makes one 9-inch pie (12 servings)
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Make the pie dough:
- In a stand mixer fitted with the flat beater attachment, combine the flour, salt, and sugar with your fingertips. Add the cold butter and mix on low until the dough looks like coarse sand. Turn the machine off and blend any large pieces of butter with your fingertips, making sure there are no pieces of butter larger than the size of a pea.
- In a measuring cup, combine the bourbon and ice water. With the stand mixer on low, slowly dribble in the bourbon water 1 tablespoon at a time. Add just enough liquid for the dough to pull away from the sides of the bowl. (You may not need to use all the bourbon water.) Pinch the dough between your fingertips; it should be smooth, not sticky or crumbly. Gently press the dough together and shape into a disk. Wrap the disk in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 3 days.
- Make the filling:
- In a bowl, combine the apples, lemon juice, brown sugar, granulated sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Toss with your fingertips until the apple slices are coated evenly.
- Assemble and bake the pie:
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough, rotating it in quarter-turns, until 12 to 14 inches in diameter and 1/8 inch thick. Gently fit the dough into a 9-inch pie plate. Trim the edges of the dough with scissors, making sure to leave at least a 1-inch overhang.
- Crack the egg into a small dish. Without breaking the yolk, use a pastry brush to gently coat the bottom and sides of the pie shell with a thin layer of the egg white (reserve the remaining egg). The egg white creates a barrier between the filling and the crust as it bakes, keeping the crust from getting soggy. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Spoon the filling into the chilled pie shell. Place 3 bacon slices on top of the filling horizontally. Then, one by one, place the remaining 3 strips vertically, lifting every other horizontal strip to create a basket weave lattice. Crimp the edges by folding the excess overhang inward at a slight angle and pressing down firmly with your thumb.
- Continue crimping the edges all the way around the pie, tucking in the ends of the bacon slices as you crimp the edges. Beat the reserved egg and gently brush onto the exposed edges of the pie dough. Refrigerate the pie for 20 minutes to allow the pastry to set.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Place the pie on the lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 375°F and bake until the crust is golden brown and the bacon is crisp, about 30 minutes. Cover the edges of the crust with foil if it is browning too quickly. Drain off any excess liquid by tipping the pie to one side. Let cool for 1 hour before serving.
APPLE CRUMB PIE
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place sliced apples in a large bowl; sprinkle with lemon juice, if desired. In a small bowl, mix together white sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Sprinkle mixture over apples and toss until apple slices are evenly coated. Stir in raisins and walnuts (optional). Transfer mixture into pastry shell.
- In a small bowl ,mix together 1/2 cup flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter or margarine until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle mixture over apple filling. Cover top loosely with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 25 to 30 minutes, until top is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 408.1 calories, Carbohydrate 69.9 g, Cholesterol 11.4 mg, Fat 14.6 g, Fiber 3.6 g, Protein 3.5 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, Sodium 139.2 mg, Sugar 48.9 g
BACON-BOURBON APPLE PIE
Get creative with our Bacon-Bourbon Apple Pie recipe! Crispy bacon streusel tops this fabulous bourbon apple pie, making for a sweet and savory dessert.
Provided by My Food and Family
Categories Baking Ingredients
Yield 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Mix brown sugar, cinnamon and 1/2 cup flour in medium bowl. Cut in 1/4 cup (4 Tbsp.) butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in bacon.
- Place crust in 9-inch pie plate as directed on package for one-crust filled pie. Place apples in large bowl. Add granulated sugar, remaining flour, bourbon and vanilla; mix lightly Spoon into crust. Cut remaining butter into small pieces; place evenly over apples. Cover with crumb topping. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake 30 min. Reduce oven temperature to 350ºF; bake 30 min. or until apples are tender. Cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 360, Fat 14 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Sodium 210 mg, Carbohydrate 54 g, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 33 g, Protein 4 g
CREAMY APPLE CRUMB PIE
I revised this classic apple pie recipe from a church cookbook. I knew it was a keeper when my mother-in-law asked for a copy. Linda Pawelski, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Line a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate or cast-iron skillet with crust; flute edges. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and allspice. Fold in the apples. Combine sour cream and vanilla; stir into apple mixture. Spoon into crust., For topping, combine the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over filling., Bake at 400° for 25 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 25-30 minutes longer or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 299 calories, Fat 11g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 22mg cholesterol, Sodium 126mg sodium, Carbohydrate 49g carbohydrate (28g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
More about "bacon crumble apple pie recipes"
BACON-APPLE PIE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 12Total Time 2 hrs 52 mins
- Stir together brown sugar and next 5 ingredients with a fork in a large bowl. Add apple slices, tossing to coat. Arrange apple slices in prepared crust, spooning sugar and accumulated juices over apple.
- Arrange bacon slices in a lattice design over filling; gently press ends of strips, sealing to piecrust.
- Cover pie with aluminum foil. Place pie on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Remove foil. Bake for 40 more minutes or until crust is golden brown and bacon is crisp.
BACON-CRUMBLE APPLE PIE - RACHAEL RAY IN SEASON
Total Time 1 hr 30 mins
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees . In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until crisp; drain and crumble.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour and brown sugar; add the butter and, using your fingers, incorporate the butter until the mixture is crumbly.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. In a medium bowl, toss the apples with the granulated sugar and lemon peel.
APPLE PIE BREAD (+ STREUSEL TOPPING!) - AVERIE COOKS
SMOKED CRUMB APPLE PIE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
BACON APPLE PIE RECIPE
BACON APPLE CRUMBLE! | MIDAMAR HALAL
SKILLET BACON APPLE CRISP WITH SALTED BOURBON CARAMEL - HEY GRILL, …
APPLE CRUMBLE PIE | RICARDO
BACON APPLE PIE, BACON LATTICE PIE, PIE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
PORK, BACON AND APPLE PIE - FEED EIGHT HUNGRY MOUTHS WITH THIS ...
APPLE PIE WITH GINGERSNAP CRUST AND BACON STREUSEL TOPPING
APPLE SLAB PIE (WITH CRUMB TOPPING) - COOKING CLASSY
ULTIMATE APPLE CRUMB PIE (THE BEST CRUMB TOP ... - DINNER, THEN …
BACON CRUMBLE APPLE PIE RECIPE - HERMANN WURST HAUS
CARAMELIZED MAPLE APPLE PIE WITH CANDIED BACON CRUMBLE
BACON WEDNESDAY: BACON CRUMBLE APPLE PIE | TWO CHICKS IN A …
APPLE CRUMBLE SLAB PIE | KING ARTHUR BAKING
CLASSIC APPLE CRUMBLE PIE - CREME DE LA CRUMB
BROWN SUGAR BOURBON APPLE PIE - THERESCIPES.INFO
BACON-CRUMBLE APPLE PIE | RECIPE | APPLE DESSERT RECIPES, APPLE …
BOURBON CARAMEL APPLE CRUMBLE PIE - THERESCIPES.INFO
APPLE PIE WITH BACON RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
BACON-CRUMBLE APPLE PIE | RECIPE | APPLE DESSERT RECIPES, …
APPLE RASPBERRY PIE WITH CRUMB TOPPING - JUST A LITTLE BIT OF BACON
DEEP DISH APPLE CRUMB PIE RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
APPLE BACON PIE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
BACON-CRUMBLE APPLE PIE | RECIPE | APPLE DESSERT RECIPES, …
BACON CRUMBLE APPLE PIE RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
BACON APPLE CRISP - EAT SOMETHING DELICIOUS
APPLE PIE CRUMBLE RECIPE
BACON APPLE PIE | 12 TOMATOES
CARAMEL APPLE CRUMBLE PIE RECIPE - AVERIE COOKS
APPLE BACON PIE WITH CHEDDAR CRUST - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
#bacon #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #pies-and-tarts #desserts #fruit #pork #oven #easy #holiday-event #pies #dietary #apples #meat #taste-mood #sweet #equipment #number-of-servings #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love