- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Scoop out the core from top of the apple, leaving a well. Do not cut all the way through. Stuff each apple with 2 tablespoons brown sugar and 1 tablespoon butter. Place in a shallow baking dish and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, until sugar begins to caramelize and apples are tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 269.9 calories, Carbohydrate 45 g, Cholesterol 30.5 mg, Fat 11.5 g, Fiber 3.2 g, Protein 0.6 g, SaturatedFat 7.3 g, Sodium 91 mg, Sugar 40.9 g
- Ask a grown-up to turn the oven on to 200C/180C fan/ gas 6. Sit each apple on the worktop and push the apple corer into the centre of each one (or ask a grown-up to do this for you).
- Mix the sultanas, muscovado sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Stand up the apples, side by side, in a baking dish. Using your fingers, push a little bit of the sultana mixture into each apple, using up all the mixture between them.
- Add a blob of butter to the top of each and sprinkle over the demerara sugar. Ask a grown-up to put the dish in the oven for 20 mins or until the apples are cooked through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 127 calories, Fat 4 grams fat, SaturatedFat 2 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 25 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 24 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 1 grams protein, Sodium 0.07 milligram of sodium
SIMPLE BAKED APPLES
This is a family standard. We have it at least once a week during the winter. The spices, nuts and raisins can be interchanged or omitted depending upon your tastes. This also serves as a great breakfast, side dish, or dessert.
Provided by MAEVEN6
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 2 quart casserole dish, or coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place apples in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix together sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Stir spice mixture into apples until evenly distributed. Fold in raisins and walnuts. Spoon into prepared dish. Pour milk evenly over apple mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 60 minutes, or until soft and bubbly. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 135.6 calories, Carbohydrate 26.1 g, Cholesterol 1 mg, Fat 3.8 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 1.7 g, SaturatedFat 0.6 g, Sodium 5.8 mg, Sugar 20.2 g
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Wash and core apples, leaving enough of the core at the base of the apple to contain the filling.
- Combine the butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and chopped pecans in a small bowl. Roll log shapes of the mixture and press enough into each apple to fill the core.
- Fill a 2-quart baking dish with about 3/4 cup water, or enough to cover the bottom. Place the apples upright in the dish. Bake until the apples are soft and the filling is browned, 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Core apples to within 1/2 inch of bottom. Peel 1-inch strip of skin from around middle of each apple, or peel upper half of each apple to prevent splitting. Place apples in ungreased glass baking dish.
- Place 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 teaspoon butter and 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon in center of each apple. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon. Pour water into baking dish until 1/4 inch deep.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until apples are tender when pierced with a fork. (Time will vary depending on size and variety of apple.) Spoon syrup in dish over apples several times during baking if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 200, Carbohydrate 39 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Fat 1/2, Fiber 5 g, Protein 0 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 25 mg, Sugar 28 g, TransFat 0 g
Who says desserts have to be laden with chocolate to be delicious? In this recipe, apples are dressed up with three ingredients for a fuss-free treat.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Place apples in a foil-lined 8-in. square baking pan. Spoon 1 teaspoon jam into the center of each apple; sprinkle with cinnamon. Pour orange juice into pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts :
More about "baked apples recipes"
BAKED APPLES (EASY RECIPE + VIDEO) | SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
4.9/5 (149)Total Time 1 hrCategory Dessert
- Using a handheld or stand mixer with a paddle attachment, or simply using a fork or spoon, beat/mash the butter, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg together until combined. Stir in the oats, then the raisins/dried cranberries/nuts, if using. Set aside.
- This can be tricky, but I recommend using a sharp paring knife and a spoon. (Or an apple corer.) I find cookie scoops can easily break or crack the apples. Using a sharp paring knife, cut around the core, about halfway or 3/4 down into the apple. Use a spoon to carefully dig out the core. Takes a bit of patience and arm muscle. Once the core is out, use a spoon to dig out any more seeds.
- Place cored apples in an 8-inch or 9-inch baking pan, cake pan, or pie dish. Spoon filling into each apple, filling all the way to the top. Pour warm water into the pan around the apples. The water helps prevent the apples from drying out and burning.
CINNAMON BAKED APPLES | MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
Ratings 74Calories 195 per servingCategory Dessert
- Peel and core apples, quarter, and use a paring knife to thinly slice lengthwise (see photo). The thinner the better! Just try to be consistent so they cook evenly.
- Add to baking dish and top with lemon juice, coconut oil (optional), coconut sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cornstarch (or arrowroot), apple juice (or water), and a healthy pinch of salt. Toss to combine. Then loosely cover with foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes (covered). Then carefully remove foil and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until the apples are very fork tender (especially in the center of the dish) and slightly caramelized (see photo).
5-INGREDIENT BAKED APPLES - THE SEASONED MOM
5/5 (1)Total Time 40 minsCategory Side DishCalories 130 per serving
- Peel and thinly slice the apples. Layer the apples in the prepared dish. Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg. Dot the butter on the apples. Drizzle honey over top.
BEST-EVER BAKED APPLES RECIPE | ELIZABETH RIDER
5/5 (2)Category Healthy DessertCuisine AmericanTotal Time 55 mins
- Wash your apples, then prep by cutting off the top of the apple and then carefully removing the core and seeds using a melon baller or small pairing knife. We prefer to leave the skin on for flavor and texture (and fiber!) but feel free to peel them if you prefer. Place the apples into a small baking dish and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the oats, nuts, raisins, maple syrup, salt, and cinnamon. (Alternatively, you can use 1/2 cup of already made granola and skip this step.)
MAGIC CARAMEL SELF SAUCING BAKED APPLES | RECIPETIN EATS
5/5 (19)Total Time 55 minsEstimated Reading Time 6 mins
- Mix Filling ingredients together then set aside while you prep the apples – it will firm up and become scoopable (pop in fridge if its super hot where you are).
- Cut the apples in half through the core then use an ice cream scooper, spoon or small knife to scoop out the core (see video).
- Place apples in a baking dish so they are reasonably snug – you don’t want heaps of space around them. Pile Filling on the apples – I use an ice cream scoop.
BAKED APPLES RECIPE - DINNER AT THE ZOO
5/5 (12)Total Time 50 minsCategory DessertCalories 321 per serving
- Use a paring knife or melon baller to partially scoop out the inside of each apple. Arrange the apples in the baking dish.
- For the filling, put the flour, brown sugar, oats, cinnamon, walnuts and salt into a medium bowl, stir to combine. Pour in the melted butter. Using a fork, stir the ingredients until they are thoroughly combined.
EASY BAKED APPLES - HOUSE OF YUMM
Ratings 9Calories 185 per servingCategory Dessert
- Add the apples to a large bowl or you can mix right in a pie dish, or 2 quart baking dish. Add the light brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, salt, cornstarch, lemon juice and vanilla extract. Stir to combine. If using a bowl, spoon the apples into a pie dish or 2 quart baking dish.
EASY BAKED CINNAMON APPLES - INSPIRED TASTE
5/5 (23)Category DessertCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 5 mins See details »
BAKED APPLES | SOSCUISINE
5/5 (80)Category DessertsServings 8Calories 120 per serving See details »
BAKED APPLES RECIPE - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
4.9/5 (19)Total Time 55 minsCategory EasyCalories 269 per serving See details »
BAKED APPLES RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
See details »
BAKED APPLE RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
See details »
10 BEST BAKED RED DELICIOUS APPLES RECIPES | YUMMLY
See details »
SECRET-INGREDIENT BAKED APPLES - HOUSE OF NASH EATS
5/5 (1)Total Time 50 minsCategory DessertCalories 387 per serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Combine brown sugar, walnuts, cornflakes, butter, and cinnamon in a medium bowl using a pastry cutter or fork.
- Use a small sharp knife and sturdy teaspoon to cut and scoop out the core of each apple. Be careful not to cut all the way through to the bottom or your filling will spill through.
- Place apples in a baking dish and spoon some of the filling down into the cavity of each apple where the core was. Use your finger or a spoon to press the filling down in, compacting it a bit, and pile more of the filling on top of each apple in a mound.
- Pour the apple juice or water into the baking dish, then bake for 35 to 45 minutes until the apples are tender and the filling is golden brown.
BAKED APPLES RECIPE - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
4.7/5 (30)Calories 240 per servingCategory Dessert
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Use a paring knife or apple corer to remove the stem and seeds from the apples, making a deep hole where the filling will go.
- Combine the brown sugar, butter and cinnamon in a small bowl and mix well to combine. Add the nuts. Spoon mixture evenly into each of the apples.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes, or until apples are tender when pierced with a fork. Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
EASY BAKED APPLES | DOWNSHIFTOLOGY
5/5 (47)Calories 293 per servingCategory Dessert
- Preheat your oven to 375F. Add the oats, chopped pecans, dried fruit, coconut sugar, cinnamon nutmeg, and melted butter to a bowl. Then mix that together until it's well combined.
- Using a melon baller or paring knife, core the tops of the apples. Then scoop out some of the apple, so that you have a cavity about an inch and a half wide. Just make sure you don't core through the bottom of the apple.
- Remove about 1/2" of the skin around the top. This helps to prevent the apple skin from bursting when baking. Transfer your apples to a baking dish, standing them upright, and if they wobble you can slice a little bit off the bottom to make them more stable. Then squeeze the lemon over the top edge of the apple.
BAKED APPLES [STEP BY STEP VIDEO] - THE RECIPE REBEL
Reviews 4Total Time 55 minsCategory DessertCalories 198 per serving
- In a medium bowl, stir together oats, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Add butter and work it in until crumbly, using a fork or pastry cutter.
THE BEST EASY BAKED APPLES RECIPE • MIDGETMOMMA
5/5 (1)Category Apple Dessert, DessertCuisine AmericanCalories 302 per serving See details »
AIR FRYER BAKED APPLES ⋆ REAL HOUSEMOMS
See details »
9 MUST-HAVE BAKED APPLE RECIPES - TASTE OF HOME
See details »
BAKED APPLE RECIPE MICROWAVE HEALTHY – MICROWAVE RECIPES
See details »
BAKED APPLES RECIPE - HAVE YOU TRIED BAKED APPLES ...
See details »
12 BAKED APPLE RECIPES - FOOD.COM
See details »
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #5-ingredients-or-less #pies-and-tarts #desserts #fruit #easy #beginner-cook #holiday-event #kid-friendly #kosher #romantic #vegetarian #dietary #low-sodium #comfort-food #low-in-something #apples #taste-mood #sweet
You'll also love