Serve this Baked Asparagus recipe as a simple side dish. All it takes is olive oil, salt, pepper and the heat of your oven.
Recipe From foodnetwork.com
Provided by Food Network
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients: 3
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place asparagus in a large plastic bag. Drizzle half the olive oil over the asparagus, seal the bag and shake until asparagus is coated evenly with the olive oil. If necessary, add only enough of the remaining olive oil to coat the asparagus. Place the asparagus in a single layer on a cookie sheet, season with salt and pepper. Bake until tender or crunchy depending upon your preference, about 12 to 20 minutes.
- Tips: (Shortcut chef) Toss asparagus with oil, salt and pepper as directed below and store in refrigerator until you're ready to bake it off. Get into the habit of spending 5 to 15 minutes prepping tonight or tomorrow's dinner during the day and you will be eating in more than out. The weight will come off quicker with home cooked healthful meals and you know it.
- Tip: From mom's lips to your ears: You forgot to tell them to snap off the woody bottoms. Tell em to hold asparagus, one at a time, in their hands near the cut end and snap it like kindling. Mother Nature saw to it that the asparagus breaks in just the right spot, save the ends for stock.
- Morph: Serve one other simple veggie side and a piece of oven baked fish such as salmon and dinner is all done. Cook off extra asparagus and throw it into a frittata, polenta, or pasta later in the week.
- If the Queen's coming for dinner, toss cooked asparagus with fresh lemon, plate and garnish with thin curls of Parmesan.
- Tip: Asparagus starts losing its sweetness the minute it's cut, therefore, as always, look for the freshest stalks possible. Skins should be smooth and bright colored with tightly formed heads.
- Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Place the asparagus into a mixing bowl, and drizzle with the olive oil. Toss to coat the spears, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, garlic, salt, and pepper. Arrange the asparagus onto a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven until just tender, 12 to 15 minutes depending on thickness. Sprinkle with lemon juice just before serving.
QUICK AND EASY BAKED ASPARAGUS
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Spread asparagus out on a baking sheet and coat with olive oil. Add garlic, Italian seasoning, and black pepper evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven until desired crispness, about 15 minutes.
A quick and easy way to prepare asparagus - just bake it in the oven with some balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and salt. Bake time varies depending on the thickness of the asparagus
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by Toi
Number Of Ingredients: 4
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Spread out trimmed asparagus in 1 layer on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Roll asparagus back and forth so it is evenly covered with olive oil
- Bake in the preheated oven until asparagus is lightly browned and easily pierced with a knife, 20 to 30 minutes depending on the thickness of the asparagus. Flip asparagus after 15 minutes. Season with salt and drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Bake until balsamic vinegar starts to caramelize, about 1 minute more.
I like to use recipes that call for fresh produce I've grown in my garden. Here's a simple way to make baked asparagus to bring out the flavor while maintaining that bright green color. -Robert Foust, Indianapolis, Indiana
Recipe From tasteofhome.com
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients: 3
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place the asparagus on a large piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Dot with butter. Bring edges of foil together and seal tightly; place foil packet on a baking sheet. Bake until crisp-tender, 25-30 minutes. Carefully open foil to allow steam to escape. Season with salt and pepper.
This baked asparagus side dish is so easy to make, yet it provides a variation to the usual vegetables. Try different varieties of olive oil, such as roasted garlic, or basil olive oil. I have also added garlic (fresh, minced in jar or garlic powder). I often use this method to cook broccoli florets with delicious results.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Leilani
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients: 5
- Break off ends of asparagus stalks.
- Put in baking pan or dish.
- Drizzle olive oil over asparagus (amount to liking).
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spritz it with fresh lemon juice.
- Finally, sprinkle sesame seeds on top of asparagus.
- Bake at 375 degrees for (about 12 minutes-depending on thickness of stalk) or until fork tender.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
BAKED ASPARAGUS WITH BALSAMIC BUTTER SAUCE
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Arrange the asparagus on a baking sheet. Coat with cooking spray, and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake asparagus 12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until tender.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat, and stir in soy sauce and balsamic vinegar. Pour over the baked asparagus to serve.
TUSCAN-STYLE ROASTED ASPARAGUS
This is especially wonderful when locally grown asparagus is in season and so easy for celebrations because you can serve it hot or cold. This is how to bake asparagus. -Jannine Fisk, Malden, Massachusetts
Recipe From tasteofhome.com
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients: 10
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place the asparagus, tomatoes and pine nuts on a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Mix 2 tablespoons oil, garlic, salt and pepper; add to asparagus and toss to coat. , Bake 15-20 minutes or just until asparagus is tender. Drizzle with remaining oil and the lemon juice; sprinkle with cheese and lemon aest. Toss to combine.
CHEESY BAKED ASPARAGUS
What a delicious asparagus recipe! Two different types of cheese and house seasoning make the asparagus cheesy and full of flavor. The asparagus cooks up perfectly tender. This side dish is simple to make and perfect if you're watching carbs.
Recipe From justapinch.com
Provided by Janet Crow
Categories Other Side Dishes
Number Of Ingredients: 6
- 1. Line a baking sheet with some tinfoil. Place the asparagus on the baking sheet and drizzle with the melted butter.
- 2. Sprinkle the house seasoning and Parmesan cheese over the top.
- 3. Place in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- 4. Remove and top with the mozzarella cheese and a little sprinkling of Italian seasoning over the top.
- 5. Return to the oven for an additional 5-7 minutes to melt the cheese and let it begin to brown.
Need some vibrant spring greens to go with your main meal? Try our super simple roasted asparagus recipe to showcase seasonal veg at its finest
Recipe From bbcgoodfood.com
Provided by Sophie Godwin - Cookery writer
Categories Side dish
Number Of Ingredients: 2
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Snap any woody tips off the asparagus where they naturally break apart. Put on a roasting tray, drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 12 mins until they are tender.
FOIL BAKED ASPARAGUS
A very simple method of cooking asparagus, where they are wrapped in foil and baked, with nothing but a little butter and salt. So easy and yet so delicious!! My 2 1/2 year old daughter liked it too! I've only tried this once and I followed the recipe exactly as set out, but I'd like to try it again, perhaps putting a few sprigs of herbs in with it. You could also try herb butter instead of ordinary butter. You can omit the salt if you like. If you are making larger quantities you might need to make more than one "parcel". You could even wrap each portion separately and serve them in the foil wrappers - I ate mine straight out of the foil, and I think it made them even nicer as they're still steaming hot and in their cooking juices, and you can keep all that flavour and aroma trapped in the parcel until you're ready to eat it! Would make a really good starter served like this. Although I suppose it depends what kind of guests you've got - if they're used to silver platters they might not be so impressed with silver foil!! But I would be! :)
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Miss Dipsy
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients: 3
- Preheat oven to 180 C (360 F).
- Prepare asparagus by snapping the lower "woody" part of the stem off (if it snaps cleanly you've got the right place; if it is difficult to break try higher up!), and peel the lower section if they're a bit old or thick.
- Tear off a large enough piece of aluminium foil to wrap around the bunch of asparagus securely, and place asparagus in foil.
- Dot with butter and sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Wrap securely, and then wrap an extra strip of foil around the tip end to protect it.
- Bake in oven for 25-35 mins, depending on the thickness and age of the asparagus (Mine were done in 30 and I'd say they were fairly average sized).
- Try to wait until you're ready to serve before you unwrap them, or better still, serve them still wrapped in the foil.
People also searched
More recipes about baked asparagus recipe recipes
Baked Asparagus Recipes | Allrecipes
Recipe From : allrecipes.comParmesan-Panko Asparagus Spears. Rating: 4.56 stars. 8. Asparagus spears are dipped in an egg white-mayonnaise mixture, then coated in Parmesan and panko breadcrumbs before a trip to the oven to bake into a crunchy, delicious side dish. Very easy and delicious! ... Show details
Baked Asparagus with Parmesan – A Couple Cooks
Recipe From : acouplecooks.com2021-04-01 · Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Cut off the tough bottom ends of the asparagus. Add the asparagus stalks to a foil-lined baking sheet. Drizzle them with olive oil, and add the kosher salt and a few grinds of black pepper. ... Show details
Creamy Baked Cheesy Asparagus | Daily Dish Recipes
Recipe From : dailydishrecipes.com2021-05-20 · Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place prepared asparagus into your baking dish. Pour the heavy cream over the top. Sprinkle the minced garlic over the top. ... Show details
60 Best Asparagus Recipes | What to Make with Asparagus ...
Recipe From : foodnetwork.comWith more than 350 reviews, Ina's top-rated recipe for easy, roasted asparagus is a trusted standby for cooks at every skill level. Get the Recipe: Roasted Asparagus Slow-Cooker Asparagus Barley ... ... Show details
Herb-Crusted Asparagus Spears - Forks Over Knives
Recipe From : forksoverknives.com2015-07-20 · Transfer hemp seeds to a small bowl and mix in the nutritional yeast, garlic, pepper, paprika, and breadcrumbs. Stir and set aside. Arrange the asparagus spears side by side in a baking dish and sprinkle with the hemp mixture. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until asparagus are crispy. ... Show details
20+ Best Roasted Asparagus Recipes - Easy Ways to Cook ...
Recipe From : delish.com2021-02-22 · 20 of 21. Dijon Roasted Asparagus. Dijon mustard is going to become your new favorite vegetable marinade. Get the recipe from Life in The Lofthouse. Courtesy of The Recipe … ... Show details
Oven Baked Parmesan Asparagus Recipe | Lil' Luna
Recipe From : lilluna.com2018-03-06 · Recipes • Sides. Baked Parmesan Asparagus. Kristyn Merkley March 6, 2018. Rate Save Recipe Jump to Recipe. This Parmesan Baked Asparagus is the easiest and yummiest way to eat the veggie! It takes just minutes to prep and is the perfect side dish to any meal! Sprinkling with parmesan and baking in the oven is probably my favorite way to turn asparagus into a yummy side dish, … ... Show details
Roasted Asparagus Recipe - recipefaire.com
Recipe From : recipefaire.comHeat oven to 400°F. Line a jelly roll pan with aluminum foil. Rinse asparagus, and snap off tough ends. Lightly pat dry. Pour olive oil into a large bowl. Place asparagus into bowl and toss to coat with the oil. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the asparagus and toss to mix well. Place asparagus onto pan in a single layer and without touching. ... Show details
Baked Asparagus Cheese Recipe - Great British Chefs
Recipe From : greatbritishchefs.comMethod. print method. 1. Preheat oven to 200°C/gas mark 6. 2. Blanch the asparagus in a large pan of salted water for one minute, then remove and refresh in ice water. When the asparagus are cold, drain and place in a buttered ovenproof dish. 20 asparagus spears. salt to season. ... Show details
Cheesy Baked Asparagus Recipe - Food.com
Recipe From : food.comPreheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place asparagus in a 9x13 inch baking dish, and cover with bread crumbs, salt, pepper, garlic powder and Parmesan cheese. Lay thin slices of butter on top. Bake, covered, for 30 minutes. ... Show details
8 Asparagus recipe ideas in 2021 | asparagus recipe ...
Recipe From : pinterest.caSee more ideas about asparagus recipe, asparagus recipes baked, asparagus. Jun 14, 2021 - Explore Fredjanzen's board "Asparagus recipe" on Pinterest. See more ideas about asparagus recipe, asparagus recipes baked, asparagus. Pinterest. Today. Explore. When autocomplete results are available use up and down arrows to review and enter to select. Touch device users, explore by touch … ... Show details
Easy Creamy Baked Asparagus Recipe - Taste and Tell
Recipe From : tasteandtellblog.com2021-03-10 · Add the asparagus and cook for about 2-3 minutes – it should be bright green and still crisp. Drain the water. Toss the asparagus with the ranch dressing, and place in a 1 1/2 to 2 quart baking dish. Sprinkle with the cracker crumbs and then the cheese. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is slightly brown and the asparagus is heated ... ... Show details
Baked Asparagus with Balsamic Butter Sauce Recipe | Veggie ...
Recipe From : pinterest.comApr 1, 2015 - Fresh asparagus is baked until tender, and dressed with a blend of butter, soy sauce, and balsamic vinegar. ... Recipe from m.allrecipes.com. Baked Asparagus with Balsamic Butter Sauce . 2532 · 22 minutes · Baked Asparagus with Balsamic Butter Sauce | "I made this exactly how the recipe said and it was delicious! Definitely one of the better asparagus recipes I've had! Yum ... ... Show details
Baked Asparagus Frittata - Cookie and Kate
Recipe From : cookieandkate.com2012-04-03 · In a medium bowl, scramble the eggs with the milk, goat cheese, shallot, mustard and salt. Pour the egg mixture into the prepared baking pan, tug up the sides of the parchment paper if necessary, and carefully slide it onto the middle rack of the oven. Bake for 10 minutes. While the eggs are baking, rinse the asparagus and pat dry. ... Show details
Best Oven-Roasted Asparagus Recipe - How to Make Roasted ...
Recipe From : thepioneerwoman.com2020-12-07 · Directions. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. After you wash the asparagus thoroughly, stack a bunch together and lop off the tough/thick bottom an inch or so. Spread out the asparagus in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Pat it as dry as you can, as you don’t want any water to “steam” the asparagus in the oven. ... Show details
The Best Easy Oven Roasted Asparagus Recipe - Sweet Cs Designs
Recipe From : sweetcsdesigns.com2019-10-01 · Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Trim asparagus to remove tough, woody ends - discard ends. On a baking sheet (line with aluminum foil or parchment paper for easy cleanup), lay down asparagus. Drizzle asparagus with olive oil and lemon juice, mix around with hands to coat evenly. Generously season with salt and pepper. ... Show details
Cheesy Ham And Asparagus Bake
Recipe From : tfrecipes.comMix the ham, onion, red bell peppers, and asparagus in the prepared baking dish. In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, flour, Parmesan, tarragon, salt, and pepper. Pour over the ham mixture. Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese. Continue baking 3 to ... ... Show details