BLUEBERRY-ALMOND CAKE WITH LEMON CURD
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 8 to 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Butter two 9-inch-round cake pans and line the bottoms with parchment paper. Butter the parchment and dust with flour, tapping out the excess.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Beat the butter in a separate large bowl with a mixer on medium-high speed until creamy, about 2 minutes. Gradually beat in the granulated sugar until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, beating until incorporated, then add the vanilla and almond extracts. Reduce the mixer speed to low and add the flour mixture in 3 batches, alternating with the milk; beat until just smooth, 2 minutes.
- Divide the batter between the prepared pans and sprinkle each with 1 cup blueberries. Bake until lightly golden and a toothpick inserted into the centers comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes in the pans on a rack, then invert the cakes onto the rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, spread the almonds on a baking sheet and bake until lightly golden, about 10 minutes; set aside. Beat the heavy cream and 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar in a large bowl with a mixer on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form, 2 to 3 minutes. Gently fold in the lemon curd, leaving some yellow streaks. Spread the cream mixture over 1 layer of cake almost to the edge. Place the second cake layer on top and gently press; refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Before serving, whisk the remaining 1 cup confectioners' sugar with the lemon juice in a medium bowl until it forms a smooth glaze. (Add 1 or 2 drops of water if it's too thick.) Pour the glaze over the center of the cake and spread with a spatula or spoon to the edge, allowing some to drip down the sides. Sprinkle with the toasted almonds.
BLUEBERRY, ALMOND AND LEMON CAKE
A slice of this berry-dotted cake is perfect late in the morning, for afternoon tea or after dinner, with coffee. It keeps for up to three days in a sealed container, but is at its absolute best on the day it's made.
Provided by Yotam Ottolenghi
Categories brunch, snack, cakes, dessert
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit/200 degrees Celsius. Grease a 9- or 8-inch/21-centimeter loaf pan with butter, line it with a parchment paper sling and butter the paper. Set the pan aside.
- Place butter, sugar, lemon zest and vanilla extract in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat on high speed for 3 to 4 minutes, until light, then lower speed to medium. Add eggs in three additions, scraping down the sides of the bowl a few times as necessary. The mix may split a little but don't worry: It'll come back together once you add the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and almond flour. With the stand mixer on low, add the dry ingredients in three additions, mixing just until no white specks remain. Fold in about 3/4 of the blueberries by hand, then scoop batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then sprinkle the remaining blueberries over the top of the cake. Return to the oven for another 15 to 20 minutes, until cake is golden brown but still uncooked. Cover loosely with foil and continue to cook for another 25 to 30 minutes (less for a 9-inch pan, more for an 8-inch pan), or until risen and cooked, and a knife inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean. Remove from oven and set aside in its pan to cool for 10 minutes before removing cake from pan and placing on a wire rack to cool completely.
- When cake is cool, make the icing: Add lemon juice and icing sugar to a bowl and whisk together until smooth, adding a bit more juice if necessary, just until the icing moves when you tilt the bowl. Pour over the cake and gently spread out. The blueberries on the top of the cake may bleed into the icing a little, but this will add to the look. Let icing set (about 30 minutes), slice and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 527, UnsaturatedFat 9 grams, Carbohydrate 48 grams, Fat 36 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 7 grams, SaturatedFat 18 grams, Sodium 125 milligrams, Sugar 35 grams, TransFat 1 gram
- Put blueberries into a shallow bowl. Pour lemon juice and sprinkle sugar evenly over the blueberries; refrigerate at least 15 minutes.
- Divide pound cake cubes into 4 small dessert dishes.
- Pour milk into a bowl, add pudding mix, and beat with a whisk for 2 minutes; pour evenly over the 4 portions of pound cake. Refrigerate pudding and cake mixtures until the pudding is set, at least 5 minutes.
- Divide blueberries into 4 portions, reserving 4 berries for topping. Spoon 1 portion berries over each cake portion. Top each portion with whipped cream. Place one berry atop each portion of whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 258.8 calories, Carbohydrate 43.2 g, Cholesterol 42.9 mg, Fat 8 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 5.1 g, SaturatedFat 5.3 g, Sodium 438.7 mg, Sugar 15.2 g
BAKED BLUEBERRY, LEMON AND ALMOND PUDDING
Britain is famous for its puddings and this one is just delicious served piping hot with vanilla and lemon flavoured custard or good vanilla ice cream - oh my!!! Another brilliant Claire Macdonald recipe
Provided by lindseylcw
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- preheat oven to 350°F.
- butter a 9x12 inch ovenproof dish.
- put berries, sugar and 1 lemon zest into dish and mix.
- Sieve the flour into a bowl.
- add cooled ground almonds and sugar.
- Beat in the melted butter, egg, buttermilk, lemon zest and almond extract.
- spoon this over the fruit leaving about 1 inch of fruit uncovered around the sides.
- sprinkle the flaked almonds over the top and bake until the fruit is bubbling and the pudding is browned, about 40 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 385.4, Fat 18.4, SaturatedFat 8.1, Cholesterol 62.3, Sodium 135.4, Carbohydrate 50.9, Fiber 2.5, Sugar 32.4, Protein 6.5
More about "baked blueberry lemon and almond pudding recipes"
LEMON BLACKBERRY BREAD PUDDING RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
BLUEBERRY LEMON BAKED FRENCH TOAST - BAREFEET IN THE KITCHEN
BLUEBERRY, LEMON & ALMOND CAKE - PEACE COFFEE
LEMON BLUEBERRY PUDDING CAKE - BUNNY'S WARM OVEN
LEMON BLUEBERRY BREAD PUDDING RECIPE
BLUEBERRY AND LEMON CURD BREAD PUDDING | BIGGER BOLDER BAKING
LEMON-BLUEBERRY BREAD PUDDING RECIPE - EMERIL LAGASSE | FOOD
LEMON-BLUEBERRY TREATS | ALLRECIPES
30 LEMON-BLUEBERRY RECIPES THAT ARE PERFECT FOR SPRING
OTTOLENGHI'S BLUEBERRY, ALMOND AND LEMON LOAF CAKE …
OTTOLENGHI'S DELICIOUSLY MOIST BLUEBERRY, ALMOND & LEMON CAKE
WORLD BEST FLAKES : BAKED BLUEBERRY, LEMON AND ALMOND PUDDING
BAKED BLUEBERRY LEMON AND ALMOND PUDDING RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
SIMPLE BLUEBERRY ALMOND LEMON CAKE - RECIPE BY ALPINE ELLA
BLUEBERRY AND LEMON BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING - BY SISLEY WHITE
BLUEBERRY LEMON PUDDING CAKE - GREAT GRUB, DELICIOUS TREATS
BLUEBERRY, LEMON, POPPY SEED & ALMOND CAKE - BIGOVEN.COM
BAKED LEMON BLUEBERRY DONUTS - LIVE WELL BAKE OFTEN
DAIRY-FREE LEMON BLUEBERRY BAKED ZUCCHINI OATS
BAKED BLUEBERRY LEMON FRENCH TOAST - DAMN DELICIOUS
BAKED BLUEBERRY, LEMON AND ALMOND PUDDING - PLAIN.RECIPES
BAKED BLUEBERRY LEMON OATMEAL MUFFIN CUPS - CLEAN & DELICIOUS
BLUEBERRY LEMON PUDDING CAKE - SEASONS AND SUPPERS
HEALTHY BLUEBERRY LEMON BREAD PUDDING RECIPE
BLUEBERRY, ALMOND & LEMON CAKE | THE ENGLISH KITCHEN
LEMON BLUEBERRY ALMOND LOAF - LIV FOR CAKE
LEMON BLUEBERRY BREAD PUDDING - EAT DESSERT SNACK
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
BLUEBERRY ALMOND LEMON CAKE - JOANNE EATS WELL WITH OTHERS
BLUEBERRY LEMON ANGEL DESSERT | THE BEST CAKE RECIPES
ALMOND AND BLUEBERRY SPONGE PUDDING RECIPE - WAITROSE
BLUEBERRY LEMON BREAD PUDDING - STUCK ON SWEET
ALMOND LEMON BLUEBERRY PIE BARS | MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
BLUEBERRY PUDDING LEMON CAKE - OR WHATEVER YOU DO
BLUEBERRY LEMON ALMOND CAKE • THE ANSWER IS CAKE
BAKED LEMON BLUEBERRY DOUGHNUTS (DONUTS) RECIPE + VIDEO
ULTIMATE LEMON BLUEBERRY BUNDT CAKES (WITH POPPY SEEDS
BLUEBERRY-LEMON-ALMOND ANYTIME CAKE — COOKS WITHOUT BORDERS
ALMOND FLOUR BLUEBERRY LEMON CAKE - FLYPEACHPIE
BAKED LEMON BLUEBERRY DOUGHNUTS - MARSHA'S BAKING ADDICTION
LEMON PUDDING WITH BLUEBERRIES - STUCK ON SWEET
BLUEBERRY-LEMON PUDDING RECIPE | EATINGWELL
Lemon, Almond & Blueberry - Ottolenghi - The Baking German15K views-06:37
Blueberry Almond Loaf Recipe | Home Baking | The Sweetest Journey423 views-03:57
Blueberry Cake with Almond Flour / Gluten Free / Easy and Delicious8.2K views-02:47
Lemon & blueberry vegan tart12K views-03:16
Courtney Roulston's Almond and Coconut Blueberry Crumble2K views-03:54
Dessert: Blueberry Lemon Cake Recipe - Natasha's Kitchen973K views-04:22
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make lemon blueberry cake with almond flour?This almond flour lemon blueberry cake is filled with lemon zest, blueberries and sour cream keeps it moist and delicious! In a bowl, add almond flour, flour or gluten free baking mix, sweetener of choice, sugar, baking powder and salt and stir together.
How to make blueberry pudding from blueberries?Pour lemon juice and sprinkle sugar evenly over the blueberries; refrigerate at least 15 minutes. Divide pound cake cubes into 4 small dessert dishes. Pour milk into a bowl, add pudding mix, and beat with a whisk for 2 minutes; pour evenly over the 4 portions of pound cake.
What is a blueberry lemon pudding cake?This blueberry lemon pudding cake is lovely Spring and Summer comfort food and a perfect fruity dessert. Lightened up with the addition of lemon. I will admit, I have a thing for pudding cakes. It's like getting two desserts in one - pudding and cake!
How do you make blueberry muffins?In a small bowl, add blueberries, lemon juice and zest. Stir. In a medium bowl, add flour, sugar, baking powder, butter, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, and milk. Mix well with a spatula.