I created this recipe myself. The cheddar cheese and bread crumb topping makes it a pretty casserole for a holiday dinner. You can easily double the amounts if you're having a larger group.
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 4-6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large skillet, saute onion in 2 tablespoons butter and oil until onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the cauliflower, salt, pepper and nutmeg; saute for 2 minutes., Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over cauliflower mixture. , Cover and bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Uncover; bake for 10 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 170 calories, Fat 14g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 25mg cholesterol, Sodium 360mg sodium, Carbohydrate 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
PARMESAN ROASTED CAULIFLOWER RECIPE BY TASTY
- Preheat oven to 425˚F (220˚F).
- In a bowl or ziploc bag, add the cauliflower florets and olive oil and stir until fully combined.
- Add the garlic powder, salt, breadcrumbs, and Parmesan. Stir until fully coated.
- Spread the cauliflower on a greased, foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Stir the cauliflower and bake for an additional 10.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 230 calories, Carbohydrate 34 grams, Fat 6 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 11 grams, Sugar 6 grams
BAKED WHOLE CAULIFLOWER
- Clean cauliflower, and trim off leaves and any brown spots. Place the whole head of cauliflower into a steamer basket, place the basket in a large pot, and add one inch of water. Cover, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook for about 20 minutes or until tender.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In a medium bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, melted margarine. Season with garlic powder, salt, red pepper flakes, and oregano, and mix well. Place the head of cauliflower into a baking dish, and coat with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake for about 10 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 148.5 calories, Carbohydrate 14.7 g, Cholesterol 1.6 mg, Fat 8.7 g, Fiber 4.1 g, Protein 5 g, SaturatedFat 1.8 g, Sodium 379.5 mg, Sugar 4.1 g
I thought this recipe would be here, but didn't see it. It's one of my favorite ways to have cauliflower. My Grandmother made this often. Frying it with breading just does something to the flavor. You can also add other spices to change the flavor, such as Italian spices, Essence, Garlic, etc. It is so easy.
Provided by glitter
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Cut apart the florets of your Cauliflower.
- Don't cut them too small.
- Leave the smaller ones together with the stem to make them as large as your bigger ones.
- Rinse, and dry slightly with a paper towel.
- Pour about 1/2" to 1" oil in your frying pan and begin prheating the oil.
- Careful don't make it too hot, you don't want to burn the crumbs.
- In a bowl, beat eggs slightly with a whisk, slowly adding a little flour at a time.
- You want a thick enough batter to cling to the cauliflower.
- If you have made it too thick, you can always add milk, or too thin, more flour.
- Salt and Pepper the florets, or use the"Essence" for variance.
- Coat each cauliflower in the batter, then in the bread crumbs.
- Then proceed to put them in your preheated oil to fry.
- Turn to brown all sides.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 207.6, Fat 4.3, SaturatedFat 1.2, Cholesterol 93, Sodium 277.4, Carbohydrate 32.9, Fiber 4.4, Sugar 4.6, Protein 10.4
Meet the Cook: My mother gets the credit for this delicious dish, which is a mainstay at our house. It can be an appetizer or side dish...and is wonderful served with turkey, roast beef and ham. My husband, our teenage son, Daniel, and I live on a country acreage. I enjoy gardening and collecting cookbooks. -Sandra Furman-Krajewski, Amsterdam, New York
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Place cauliflower and a small amount of water in a skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until crisp-tender, about 8 minutes. Drain and set aside. , In a small bowl, whisk egg yolks and seasonings. Place bread crumbs and cheese in a large bowl. Add a few florets at a time to the egg mixture; toss to coat. Using a slotted spoon, transfer cauliflower to crumb mixture; toss to coat. , In a skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Cook cauliflower in batches until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 341 calories, Fat 28g fat (16g saturated fat), Cholesterol 205mg cholesterol, Sodium 780mg sodium, Carbohydrate 17g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 7g protein.
BAKED BREADED CAULIFLOWER
This is ridiculously delicious and healthy, as well as easy to make. If you have extra beading, try using it for other vegetables and meats like shrimp.
Provided by Late Night Gourmet
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Break the cauliflower into florets. Try to make pieces as uniform as possible. NOTE: tiny pieces are still okay to cook, but you may want to remove them from the oven before the larger pieces are done.
- In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs.
- In a second shallow bowl, blend the breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, dill, and shredded cheese.
- Dip each cauliflower floret in the egg mixture, making sure it's fully coated, then in the breadcrumb mixture and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 174, Fat 5.2, SaturatedFat 2, Cholesterol 96.6, Sodium 603.4, Carbohydrate 22.4, Fiber 3.9, Sugar 4.2, Protein 10.6
BAKED BREADED CAULIFLOWER
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Drain all liquid from cooked cauliflower, ease whole head into 9-inch pie pan generously coated with nonstick baking spray, and set aside.
- 2. Melt butter in small heavy saucepan over moderately low heat. Add scallions and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes until limp. Blend in flour, salt, pepper, and nutmeg and cook and stir 3 minutes.
- 3. Whisking constantly, add half-and-half in slow, steady stream and continue whisking 5 to 8 minutes until thickened and no raw floury taste lingers. Add cheese and stir until melted. Carefully pour sauce over cauliflower and sprinkle with Topping.
- 4. Slide onto middle oven shelf and bake uncovered about 20 minutes until lightly browned.
- 5. Ease breaded cauliflower onto heated round platter and serve as an accompaniment to roast beef, lamb, or pork. Good, too, with roast chicken or turkey or baked ham.
BAKED BREADED CAULIFLOWER
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk eggs, salt, and pepper together in a bowl. Place panko bread crumbs in another bowl.
- Dip each cauliflower floret in egg mixture to coat, then dip each floret into bread crumbs to coat; place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tender and lightly browned, turning once, about 25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 209 calories, Carbohydrate 45.4 g, Cholesterol 93 mg, Fat 4.4 g, Fiber 3.6 g, Protein 11.7 g, SaturatedFat 1.3 g, Sodium 487.5 mg, Sugar 3.6 g
More about "baked breaded cauliflower recipes"
BAKED BREADED CAULIFLOWER - SARAH'S VEGAN KITCHEN
5/5 (1)Total Time 45 minsServings 6Calories 167 per serving
- In a very large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, spices, salt and pepper. Stir in plant milk. Depending on the type of flour you use, you may need an extra tablespoon or so of milk to reach the right consistency. The batter should be completely smooth and just slightly thinner than pancake batter.
- Add cauliflower florets into the batter and toss in batter to coat. A flexible spatula works best for this, or use your hands if you don’t mind getting a little messy! The cauliflower doesn’t need to be 100% coated, but we want to distribute the batter evenly so all the florets have batter on them.
BAKED BREADED CAULIFLOWER - JO COOKS
4.3/5 (68)Total Time 55 minsCategory Appetizer, SnackCalories 202 per serving
- If the cauliflower florets are too big, cut them so they are bite size. In a shallow plate beat the eggs and add paprika, salt, pepper and 1/2 of the oregano. Whisk so that it's well combined.
- In another shallow plate combine the breadcrumbs together with the rest of the oregano and additional salt and pepper if required.
- Dip each cauliflower floret in the egg mixture, making sure it's fully coated, then in the breadcrumb mixture and place on the prepared baking sheet. Continue until finished with all the florets.
BAKED BREADED SWEET CHILI CAULIFLOWER | RECIPE
Servings 6Category Appetizers
10 BEST BAKED BREADED CAULIFLOWER RECIPES | YUMMLY
ROASTED GARLIC PARMESAN CAULIFLOWER RECIPE - CRUNCHY ...
Ratings 65Calories 247 per servingCategory Side Dish
- Remove all leaves from cauliflower head. Cut cauliflower into florets, all roughly the same size. You can slice the large florets in half, if needed.
CRISPY BREADED CAULIFLOWER – A COUPLE COOKS
Reviews 56Category Side DishCuisine AmericanTotal Time 40 mins
- In a small bowl, mix together the panko, cornmeal, cumin, smoked paprika, garlic powder, turmeric, and kosher salt.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, whisk together the coconut oil, peanut butter, maple syrup, soy sauce, and hot sauce until fully combined and slightly darkened, 1 to 2 minutes. Pour the sauce onto the cauliflower and stir several times until the cauliflower is well coated.
BAKED BREADED CHEESY CAULIFLOWER | ITALIAN FOOD FOREVER
Reviews 4Category Vegetables-CauliflowerServings 4Total Time 50 mins
- Place the eggs in another bowl, and first dip the florets in the egg mixture, then roll in the crumb mixture until coated.
- Place the cauliflower pieces on the prepared baking sheet, and continue until all of the pieces are breaded.
BAKED BREADED CAULIFLOWER - THE TASTIEST WAY TO EAT ...
4.2/5 (5)Total Time 50 minsCategory SidesCalories 166 per serving
- Then melt the butter in the microwave for 30 seconds. Add the minced garlic to the butter and mix with a teaspoon.
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets. Then, holding the stalk f the floret, dip the head of the floret into the butter/garlic mix and then dip into the parmesan and then the breadcrumbs (the butter is very important for the taste and also acts as the glue to stick the cheese and breadcrumbs).
BAKED BREADED CAULIFLOWER - A FAMILY FEAST®
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hrCategory Side DishCalories 380 per serving
- In a large bowl, whisk mayonnaise, drained horseradish, mustard, hot sauce, pepper, paprika and Parmesan cheese.
CRISPY LOW CARB KETO CAULIFLOWER BITES - KIRBIE'S CRAVINGS
4.8/5 (6)Total Time 35 minsCategory AppetizerCalories 378 per serving
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, cheese, garlic powder, smoked paprika and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
- Line a medium baking sheet with parchment paper. Spoon a small amount of breading onto your sheet pan (just enough to cover the bottom of a cauliflower bite).
- Dip a piece of cauliflower in the egg wash. After it is fully coated, shake it a few times, making sure to shake off any excess egg drippings back into the egg bowl before adding it to the breading. The reason for doing this is that you don't want the egg drippings going into the breading. The moisture will cause the breading to clump and they will no longer stick to the cauliflower.
PARMESAN BAKED CAULIFLOWER - RASA MALAYSIA
5/5 (5)Total Time 25 minsCategory American RecipesCalories 273 per serving
- Preheat oven to 400°F (207°C). Mix panko, Parmesan cheese and salt together. Set out the eggs in a separate bowl.
- Dip each cauliflower floret in the egg, shaking off the excess, and lastly coat well with panko. Repeat the step so each cauliflower floret is coated twice with the egg and panko. Transfer the cauliflower to the baking sheet. Bake the cauliflower for about 10 minutes. Serve warm with the Ketchup-Mayo Dipping Sauce.
BAKED BREADED CAULIFLOWER RECIPE - MOMMA LEW
Category Side DishTotal Time 30 mins
CAULIFLOWER BREAD | LOW CARB RECIPE | THE BEACHBODY BLOG
3.7/5 (403)Total Time 45 minsCategory Side DishCalories 97 per serving
- Place half of cauliflower in food processor; pulse until cauliflower is chopped into pieces about the size of rice. Repeat with the other half. Place in microwave-safe bowl.
CRISPY CAULIFLOWER WINGS - SPEND WITH PENNIES
5/5 (7)Total Time 55 minsCuisine AmericanCalories 477 per serving
- Combine all batter ingredients in a large bowl and whisk until smooth. Add cauliflower and toss well to combine.
- Pour the cauliflower into a large strainer and let sit 5 minutes allowing excess batter to drip off. Gently toss cauliflower in the breadcrumb mixture.
ROASTED PARMESAN BREADED CAULIFLOWER - LOVE TO BE IN THE ...
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER SOUP WITH FRESHLY BAKED BREAD
BEST CAULIFLOWER BREAD RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
BAKED BREADED CAULIFLOWER || TASTY CAULIFLOWER RECIPES ...
4 EASY CAULIFLOWER RECIPES - DAPHNE
10 BEST BAKED BREADED CAULIFLOWER RECIPES | YUMMLY
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to bake breaded cheesy cauliflower in oven?Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. and spray a foil lined baking sheet with olive oil spray. In a shallow bowl, toss together the crumbs, cheese, oregano, pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Place the eggs in another bowl, and first dip the florets in the egg mixture, then roll in the crumb mixture until coated.
What kind of bread do you use for cauliflower florets?Baked Breaded Cauliflower Florets – Crispy cauliflower pieces breaded with Panko breadcrumbs and baked to perfection. Not only are these delicious but they are super healthy and good for you. It’s the weekend, so it’s time to relax and be silly again.
How to make Roasted Garlic Parmesan cauliflower recipe?1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. ... 2 Remove all leaves from cauliflower head. ... 3 Melt butter and in a small bowl. ... 4 Place breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese in another bowl. 5 Dip each cauliflower piece into butter first, then to breadcrumbs. 6 Place each breaded piece on prepared baking sheet. ... More items...
How long to cook a whole head of cauliflower?Clean cauliflower, and trim off leaves and any brown spots. Place the whole head of cauliflower into a steamer basket, place the basket in a large pot, and add one inch of water. Cover, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook for about 20 minutes or until tender.