BAKED PEARS WITH WINE AND WALNUT CREAM
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Arrange pears in an oven-proof pan with a tight-fitting lid; add red wine, 1/2 cup brown sugar, vanilla bean and seeds, and the peel and juice of 1 orange. Bring pear mixture to a boil; sprinkle with half the walnuts.
- Bake the pear mixture in the preheated oven until pears are tender, 20 to 30 minutes, basting pears with red wine syrup every 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool; remove the vanilla bean and orange peel from the red wine syrup.
- Arrange the remaining walnuts on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven until toasted and fragrant, 5 minutes.
- Place the toasted walnuts in a food processor and pour in the red wine syrup; pulse until paste-like consistency. Transfer to a bowl. Whisk cream, sour cream, zest and juice of 1 orange, and 2 teaspoons brown sugar into walnut-red wine paste until smooth.
- Serve walnut-cream sauce over baked pears.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 397.2 calories, Carbohydrate 37 g, Cholesterol 26.7 mg, Fat 24.8 g, Fiber 4.7 g, Protein 5.1 g, SaturatedFat 6.8 g, Sodium 20.2 mg, Sugar 27.2 g
SLOW-BAKED HONEY WINE PEARS
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F. Peel the pears from top to bottom, leaving the stem intact, and lay them in a lidded oven-proof dish just large enough to hold them. Bring the wine and honey to a boil, cover the pears with the liquid, and transfer to the oven. Bake until very tender, 4 to 5 hours, turning now and again. Gently remove the pears to a serving bowl with a slotted spoon. Boil the liquid rapidly until reduced to syrup, about 20 minutes. Pour the syrup over the pears and reserve at room temperature for several hours, or cover and refrigerate until about an hour before serving. Serve with whipped cream which you've sweetened with a little sugar and flavored with Cognac.
ROASTED PEARS IN RED WINE AND CINNAMON GLAZE
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine the honey, sugar, wine, and cinnamon in a 9-inch baking dish. Add the fruit and toss to coat. Roast until tender, 20 to 30 minutes. When the fruit is cooked, remove it from the pan, and reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, toss the almonds and sugar together, then add the egg white, and mix well to coat. Lightly grease a baking sheet and spread the almond mixture on it. Bake the almonds, turning them with a spatula every 5 minutes, until golden brown and caramelized, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Serve the fruit warm or at room temperature, with the almonds sprinkled on top.
CREAMY BAKED PEARS
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch baking dish with 1 tablespoon butter. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon sugar into buttered dish.
- Rub remaining 1 tablespoon butter over pear halves; arrange pears cut sides down in prepared baking dish and sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Pour cream over pears and continue baking until tender, about 20 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 174.8 calories, Carbohydrate 19.5 g, Cholesterol 35.7 mg, Fat 11.4 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 0.7 g, SaturatedFat 7.1 g, Sodium 47.4 mg, Sugar 14.4 g
ROASTED PEARS WITH BLUE CHEESE AND WALNUTS
This is a very easy recipe, makes a beautiful presentation, and is ridiculously delicious. Great first course for the holidays or a dinner party. It comes from Tyler Florence on the Food Network.
Provided by hepcat1
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Arrange the pears, cut side up, on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Strip the leaves from the thyme branches and sprinkle over the pears.
- Bake 20 minutes, then remove from oven and spoon a generous teaspoon of crumbled cheese in the center of each pear half.
- Return to oven and roast until they are tender and cheese is soft, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the walnuts on another baking sheet and toast in the oven until golden brown and fragrant, about 5 minutes; chop.
- When the pears are cooked, transfer them to a serving plate and sprinkle with toasted walnuts.
- Serve hot.
More about "baked pears with wine and walnut cream recipes"
BAKED PEARS WITH WINE AND A SCRUMPTIOUS WALNUT CREAM
Category Cookstr RecipesEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC/425ºF/gas 7. Score down the length of the vanilla pod and remove the seeds by scraping a knife down the inside of each half. Put the pears into a tight-fitting ovenproof pot or pan, add the 125g of sugar, wine, vanilla pod and seeds, and the peel and juice of 1 orange and bring to the boil. Sprinkle over half the walnuts and then put in the oven to bake. Every so often, baste the pears with the syrup they are cooking in, as this will give them a nice glaze. Cook for around 20 to 30 minutes, depending on the ripeness, until the pears are tender but still holding their shape, then remove from the oven and allow to cool while you roast the remaining walnuts on a baking tray in the oven for 5 minutes – make sure you keep an eye on them as they can quickly go from golden to black and you don’t want burnt walnuts!
- Remove the vanilla pod from the syrup. When the walnuts are done, either whizz them in a Magimix or bash them up with a pestle and mortar until you have a paste. Whip up the mascarpone with the walnut paste, the zest and juice of the other orange and enough sugar to sweeten, and serve this cream with the baked pears, the nuts, some orange peel and some of the cooking syrup.
BAKED PEARS WITH A WALNUT FILLING - COOKING PERFECTED
5/5 (1)Total Time 45 minsCategory DessertCalories 322 per serving
SWEET WINE & HONEY ROASTED PEARS - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
BAKED PEARS WITH HONEY, WALNUTS AND GOAT CHEESE
PEAR AND WALNUT CAKE RECIPE - THE ART OF FOOD AND WINE
RECIPES - CULTIVATE CALIFORNIA
BAKED PEARS IN RED WINE AND PORT WINE GLAZE RECIPE BY MADELINE …
YUMMY BAKED PEARS WITH HONEY AND WALNUTS - ALL CREATED
BAKED PEARS WITH WINE AND WALNUT CREAM - WALNUT DESSERT RECIPES
POPULAR RECIPES BAKED PEARS WITH WINE AND WALNUT CREAM
BAKED PEARS WITH WINE AND WALNUT CREAM RECIPE
BAKED PEARS WITH WINE AND WALNUT CREAM | RECIPESTY
EASY BAKED PEARS WITH HONEY AND WALNUTS (GOOD FOR THE …
BAKED PEARS WITH MAPLE SYRUP AND WALNUTS - SPOONFUL OF …
BAKED PEARS WITH WALNUTS AND HONEY - SKINNYTASTE
BAKED PEARS WITH WINE AND WALNUT CREAM RECIPE
BAKED PEARS WITH WALNUTS AND HONEY RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
BAKED PEARS WITH CHEESE, WALNUTS & HONEY – CALIFORNIA PEARS
HONEY BAKED PEARS WITH WALNUTS - BROKE AND COOKING
BAKED PEARS IN WHITE WINE - MANILA SPOON
BAKED PEARS WITH WINE AND WALNUT CREAM- WIKIFOODHUB
BAKED PEARS WITH COCONUT CREAM — SOULFULLY TASTY
BROWN SUGAR WALNUT BAKED PEARS - THE BOJON GOURMET
WHOLE BAKED PEARS WITH HONEY WALNUT - SHUANGY'S KITCHENSINK
BAKED PEARS WITH WALNUT OAT CRUMBLE - USA PEARS
BAKED PEARS WITH WALNUTS AND HONEY | LAKELAND NATURAL HEALTH
HONEY WALNUT ROASTED PEARS - MARISA MOORE NUTRITION
BAKED PEARS IN WINE AND BALSAMIC VINEGAR - COOK WITH GUSTO
BAKED PEARS WITH WALNUTS AND HONEY - COMPLETE RECIPES
CARAMELIZED AIR FRYER PEARS - SWEET AND SAVORY MEALS
BAKED PEARS WITH WINE AND WALNUT CREAM RECIPE - IJAT92OJOT
BAKED PEARS AND WINE | VISIT A WINERY
BAKED PEARS WITH WINE AND WALNUT CREAM GOOD RECIPES
BAKED PEARS - PLANT-BASED ON A BUDGET
BAKED PEARS WITH HONEY WALNUT GOAT CHEESE - SUM OF YUM
MAPLE WALNUT BAKED PEARS – FRESH FROM THE SUNBELT
COOKED PEARS RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
You'll also love