A perfectly layered napoleon is a showstopping dessert; slicing it, however, can be a tricky matter. Don't be discouraged if yours doesn't cut neatly into serving pieces; even if it's slightly flattened and oozing pastry cream, each bite will still be delicious.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Make puff pastry strips: Lightly flour a clean work surface. Using a rolling pin, gently roll out dough into a 16-by-18-inch rectangle about 1/8 inch thick, being careful not to press too hard around the edges. Using a pastry wheel or sharp knife, cut rectangle crosswise into thirds, with each strip 6 by 16 inches. Transfer to a baking sheet; dock, or pierce, the dough all over with a fork. Cover with plastic wrap; place in refrigerator 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Transfer to oven; bake until strips are puffed and golden all over, about 14 minutes. Set a baking sheet directly on pastry strips, and continue baking until pastry is cooked through and well browned, about 6 minutes. Remove top baking sheet; bake 4 minutes more. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Using a serrated knife, trim each to 4 1/4 by 12 inches.
- Make the glaze: In a small saucepan, bring heavy cream just to a boil. Place dark chocolate in a bowl, and pour hot cream over chocolate; whisk until chocolate is melted and mixture is combined. Whisk in corn syrup. Strain through a fine mesh sieve into a clean bowl.
- Place white chocolate in a medium heat-proof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Whisk until chocolate is melted, and remove from heat. Let cool.
- Using an offset spatula, spread dark chocolate glaze over one side of the flattest puff pastry strip, making sure to coat entire surface. Place white chocolate in a piping cone; pipe thin lines 3/4 inch apart across width of chocolate-coated strip. To create the distinctive flourish, gently drag the tip of a paring knife or a skewer lengthwise through both coatings, in lines perpendicular to the white chocolate lines. Begin at one of the short ends, and make each line 3/4 inch apart. Alternate the direction each time.
- Place one of the unglazed puff pastry strips on a serving tray. Spread half the pastry cream over the top, leaving a 1/2-inch border all around. Top with remaining unglazed pastry strip; press down gently, and repeat with remaining pastry cream. Top with glazed pastry strip. Transfer to refrigerator, and chill 30 minutes uncovered. Using a long serrated knife, cut into six pieces, and serve.
MOCHA MATZOH NAPOLEON
Provided by Paula Shoyer
Categories Coffee Chocolate Dessert Hanukkah Passover Vegetarian Purim Sukkot Rosh Hashanah/Yom Kippur Frozen Dessert Kosher Kosher for Passover Shavuot Advance Prep Required Kidney Friendly Pescatarian Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free
Yield Makes 20 napoleons
Number Of Ingredients 7
- 1. Line a 9 x 13-inch pan with 2 pieces of plastic wrap that are large enough to drape over and cover all of the sides.
- 2. Break the matzoh pieces in half. Pour the coffee into a shallow pan and add the matzoh pieces, turning them over so that each piece becomes soaked with the coffee. Set aside.
- 3. To make the Mousse: Break 21 ounces of the chocolate into small pieces and melt either on the stovetop or in the microwave.
- 4. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the egg yolks with 3/4 cup of the sugar. Add the softened margarine and beat with an electric mixer on medium-high speed or vigorously by hand with a whisk until combined. Add the melted chocolate and beat again.
- 5. In a separate bowl, with an electric mixer on high speed, beat the egg whites until they start to stiffen. Turn the speed to low, add the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar, and then turn the speed back to high and beat until very stiff, about 1 minute more. Fold the whites into the chocolate mixture.
- 6. Spoon about 1/5 of the mousse into the prepared pan to cover the bottom. Add 3 to 4 matzoh halves to cover the mousse in 1 layer. Add another 1/5 of the mousse to cover the matzoh and then another layer of matzoh. Repeat until you have used all the matzoh. There should be 4 to 5 layers, depending on the size of your matzoh pieces. The last layer should be the mousse. Cover with plastic.
- 7. Place in the freezer for a minimum of 3 hours or overnight. Place in the refrigerator 1 hour before serving.
- 8. To serve, unmold the pan onto a large platter and peel off the plastic wrap. Use a grater or vegetable peeler to shave the remaining 2 ounces of chocolate on top of the mousse. Cut into 20 pieces.
COCONUT ALMOND MOCHA MACAROONS
Macaroons are a Passover favorite for many who have a sweet tooth. For this new harvest season celebration, I have come up with a new recipe. If you love espresso and also love coconuts and almonds, then you should try this recipe. This is a delicious treat for any and all who love coconut, but we are going to spice them up just a little bit by adding espresso coffee flavor to these little coconut desserts. These mini espresso, coconut, and almond macaroons will melt in your mouth, and are made with just a few ingredients. These will take some time so you may want to make these in advance.
Provided by Chef Shelley Pogue
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine honey, cocoa powder, and espresso powder in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook and stir until cocoa and espresso are dissolved and mixture is smooth, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Let cool, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat egg whites in a glass, metal, or ceramic bowl until peaks start to form. Add sugar gradually, continuing to beat until a thick and glossy meringue is formed.
- Place almonds in a food processor; grind in short bursts until a fine meal forms.
- Stir almond meal, coconut, matzo cake meal, and vanilla bean paste into the cooled espresso mixture. Fold in 1/3 of the egg whites at a time until well mixed.
- Spoon out about 1 tablespoon of the dough and roll into a ball. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough, placing macaroon balls about 1 inch apart. Press an espresso bean onto each macaroon.
- Bake in the preheated oven until firm, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove macaroons using a spatula; transfer to a rack to cool for 20 to 30 minutes. Place macaroons in an airtight container; let rest until set, 4 to 6 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 186.9 calories, Carbohydrate 25.1 g, Cholesterol 0.2 mg, Fat 9.6 g, Fiber 3.1 g, Protein 3.7 g, SaturatedFat 4.4 g, Sodium 41.1 mg, Sugar 17.6 g
More about "mocha matzoh napoleon recipes"
MOCHA NAPOLEONS | MIDWEST LIVING
Servings 8-10Calories 400 per serving
MATZO MAGIC: MATZO RECIPES FOR PASSOVER | FN DISH
MATZO RECIPES FOR PASSOVER: 12 WAYS TO USE UP A BOX OF …
MATZOHPALOOZAH | LEITE'S CULINARIA
20+ EASY PASSOVER RECIPES WITH MATZAH - BEST WAYS TO …
MATZO RECIPES - PASSOVER RECIPES WITH MATZO AT …
PASSOVER SEDER 1 2011 - RECIPEMOMDOTCOM PRINTABLE RECIPES
MOCHA CUPCAKES RECIPE ONLINE | NAPOLEON
MOCHA NAPOLEONS — SANDRA LEE SEMI-HOMEMADE
RECIPES — THE MATZO PROJECT
PASSOVER MATZO ICEBOX CAKE + VIDEO - THIS OLD GAL
27 BETTER WAYS TO EAT MATZO THIS PASSOVER | HUFFPOST LIFE
NAPOLEONS | KING ARTHUR BAKING
CREATIVE KOSHER BAKING – SO WHERE’S THE MILK?
ASTRAY RECIPES: QUICK MOCHA NAPOLEONS
LIZZY BEE'S BAKERY: MATZOH MANIA!
SHAVUOT RECIPES & MENU IDEAS 2022 | EPICURIOUS.COM
WHITE CHOCOLATE RECIPES: MATZOH MANIA!
MATZO RECIPES THAT WILL MAKE YOU WANT TO EAT MORE MATZO
WHITE CHOC MOCHA NAPOLEONS - COMPLETERECIPES.COM
8 MATZO BREAKFAST RECIPES FOR PASSOVER | ALLRECIPES
PASSOVER - THE KOSHER BAKER
10 MATZO DESSERT RECIPES TO MAKE THIS PASSOVER - ROMPER
BEST MASCARPONE NAPOLEON WITH FRESH BERRIES RECIPES - FOOD …
MOCHA NAPOLEONS | FAVORITE RECIPES, RECIPES, FOOD
MOCHA MATZOH NAPOLEON RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
RECIPE: WHITE CHOCOLATE MOCHA NAPOLEONS WITH MASCARPONE …
18 OUT-OF-THE-BOX MATZO RECIPES AND IDEAS – REBEKAH LOWIN
BEST CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT NAPOLEON RECIPES | BAKE WITH ANNA …
NANA'S MATZOH NAPOLEON ON BAKESPACE.COM
RECIPE: WHITE CHOC MOCHA NAPOLEONS
INFUSED MATZO TIRAMISU NAPOLEONS - KITCHEN TOKE
MOCHA PASTRY CREAM FOR ECLAIRS AND NAPOLEONS - AMERICA'S TEST …
MOCHA CUPCAKES RECIPE - NAPOLEON.COM
3-INGREDIENT MATZO SANDWICHES FOR PASSOVER - SERIOUS EATS
MOCHA NAPOLEON RECIPE BY DIABETIC.FOODIE | IFOOD.TV
You'll also love