BAKED GREEK SHRIMP WITH TOMATOES AND FETA
This traditional Greek recipe disregards the notion that seafood and cheese don't mix, and it works beautifully, resulting in a harmonious balance of flavors. Though it can be made year round with canned tomatoes, it is sensational with fresh sweet ripe ones, so best prepared in summer. Serve it as a main course with rice or potatoes, or in small portions as an appetizer, taverna-style.
Provided by David Tanis
Categories lunch, salads and dressings, appetizer
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Put 4 tablespoons olive oil in a wide skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic, season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 to 8 minutes. Lower heat as necessary to keep mixture from browning. Remove from heat while preparing tomatoes.
- Fill a saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Add whole tomatoes and cook for about 2 minutes, until skins loosen. Immediately plunge tomatoes in a bowl of cold water to cool, then drain. With a paring knife, core tomatoes and slip off skins. Cut tomatoes into thick wedges.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Return skillet to stove over medium-high heat. Add tomato wedges and season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring, until mixture is juicy and tomatoes have softened, about 10 minutes. Transfer mixture to a shallow earthenware baking dish.
- Put shrimp in a mixing bowl. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, season shrimp with salt and pepper and stir to coat. Arrange shrimp over tomato mixture in one layer. Crumble cheese over surface and sprinkle with oregano.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until tomatoes are bubbling and cheese has browned slightly. Remove from oven and let dish rest for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with mint and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 233, UnsaturatedFat 5 grams, Carbohydrate 16 grams, Fat 10 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 21 grams, SaturatedFat 4 grams, Sodium 829 milligrams, Sugar 8 grams, TransFat 0 grams
BAKED SHRIMP WITH TOMATOES AND FETA
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees with rack set in upper third. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium. Add scallions, garlic, and oregano; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes. Cook over medium, stirring occasionally, until no liquid remains in skillet, 10 to 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add shrimp and mint to skillet. Stir to combine; transfer to an 8-inch square (or other shallow 2-quart) baking dish. Crumble feta over top.
- Bake until liquid is bubbling, cheese is beginning to brown, and shrimp in center of dish are opaque, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve with Orzo and Green Beans, sprinkled with additional chopped mint.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 563 g, Fat 20 g, Protein 46 g
ROASTED SHRIMP WITH FETA
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a 10-or 12-inch heavy ovenproof skillet over medium-low heat. Add the fennel and saute for 8 to 10 minutes, until the fennel is tender. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the wine and bring to a boil, scraping up any browned bits. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until the liquid is reduced by half. Add the tomatoes with the liquid, tomato paste, oregano, Pernod, salt, and pepper to the skillet. Simmer over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Arrange the shrimp, tails up, in one layer over the tomato-mixture in the skillet. Scatter the feta evenly over the shrimp. In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, parsley, and lemon zest with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and sprinkle over the shrimp.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until the shrimp are cooked and the bread crumbs are golden brown. Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon over the shrimp. Serve hot with the remaining lemon cut into wedges.
FIRE ROASTED TOMATO AND FETA PASTA WITH SHRIMP
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic; cook and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the shrimp, and cook until opaque, about 3 to 5 minutes. Pour in the tomatoes and heat through. Season with basil, salt and pepper.
- Toss the cooked pasta in the sauce, and sprinkle with crumbled feta to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 702.1 calories, Carbohydrate 94.8 g, Cholesterol 110.9 mg, Fat 23.4 g, Fiber 6 g, Protein 31.8 g, SaturatedFat 11 g, Sodium 1353.9 mg, Sugar 11.2 g
BAKED SHRIMP IN TOMATO FETA SAUCE
This is a fantastic recipe! I love this, and it's a wonderful mixture of fresh herbs and succulent shrimp. Each ingredient has it's own flavor, but when all put together makes for a wonderful mixture of infused flavors.I know you will love this! *Note that there are cooking and baking times, the baking times are 10-12 min. and the cooking times are approx. 10 to 20 min. ** I use my hands to break up the whole tomatoes, and I just pinch off the little, tough stem ends and toss them. You could use the same ammount o diced tomatoes, but I don't recommend them. If you open a can of whole tomatoes and pour them in bowl, side-by-side with the diced tomatoes, you would see a big difference. The whole ones will look bright red, while the diced ones appear pale. I always use the whole tomatoes whenever I can.
Provided by FLUFFSTER
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 425°F Heat oil in a large, oven-proof skillet on medium high heat. Add the onions and cook until softened, 3-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds more.
- Add the tomatoes and bring to a simmer, reduce heat and let simmer for 5-10 minutes, until the juices thicken a bit.
- Remove from heat. Stir in the herbs, shrimp, feta cheese, and salt and pepper to taste. Place pan in oven and bake, uncovered, until shrimp are cooked through, about 10-12 minutes.
- Serve immediately. Serve with crusty French or Italian loaf bread, pasta, a simple salad, or you may use rice.
BAKED SHRIMP WITH SCALLIONS, TOMATOES, AND FETA
- Chop white and green parts of scallions. Finely chop garlic. Peel and devein shrimp.
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Heat olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add scallions and garlic and cook, stirring often, until scallions wilt, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and their juice and bring to a boil. Cook until tomato juices thicken, about 5 minutes. Season with freshly ground pepper to taste.
- 2. Remove from heat and stir in shrimp. Sprinkle with feta cheese.
- 3. Bake until cheese melts and shrimp are firm and opaque, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with dill and serve hot.
More about "baked shrimp with tomatoes and feta recipes"
BAKED FETA SHRIMP AND TOMATOES - FAMILYSTYLE FOOD
5/5 (45)Calories 405 per servingCategory Appetizer, Dinner, Seafood
- Toss the shrimp in a bowl with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, 1 of the garlic cloves, the oregano, chili and salt.
- Arrange the tomatoes in a large baking dish. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and remaining garlic clove and toss it all around until the tomatoes are coated. Tuck the feta cubes here and there in between the tomatoes.
- Bake 15 minutes. The tomatoes should be bubbling with juice and the cheese softened. Distribute the shrimp evenly over the tomatoes. Return to the oven and bake an additional 5-7 minutes, just until the shrimp are opaque and cooked through.
BAKED SHRIMP WITH TOMATOES AND FETA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Mash tomatoes until chunky. Warm oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Sauté onion for 7 minutes until tender. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add tomatoes; simmer, stirring, until most of liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes. Stir in shrimp and oregano, then sprinkle feta on top.
QUICK BROILED SHRIMP WITH TOMATO AND FETA | MARTHA STEWART
BAKED SHRIMP WITH TOMATOES AND FETA - THE MIDWEST MEDITERRANEAN
BAKED SHRIMP WITH TOMATOES AND FETA - THE CAKE CHICA
BAKED SHRIMP WITH TOMATOES AND FETA RECIPE | PBS FOOD
SHRIMP SANTORINI RECIPE - SOLAR-HEART.COM
BAKED SHRIMP AND FETA RECIPE | RACHAEL RAY IN SEASON
BAKED SHRIMP WITH FETA AND TOMATOES – A COUPLE COOKS
BAKED TOMATOES, SHRIMP AND FETA RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
GREEK BAKED SHRIMP WITH TOMATOES AND FETA CHEESE - READY SET EAT
BAKED SHRIMP WITH TOMATOES AND FETA RECIPE
BAKED SHRIMP WITH TOMATOES AND FETA - LAUGHING SPATULA
BAKED SHRIMP WITH TOMATOES AND FETA - THE SEASONED …
REC: GREEK SHRIMP WITH TOMATOES AND FETA | THE SWAP
BAKED SHRIMP WITH TOMATO AND FETA » A HEALTHY LIFE FOR ME
BAKED SHRIMP WITH TOMATOES AND FETA RECIPE | MUTTI
BAKED SHRIMP WITH TOMATOES AND FETA - ELLIE KRIEGER
BAKED SHRIMP WITH TOMATOES, FETA AND CAPERS - A WELL SEASONED …
SHRIMP SANTORINI (GREEK BAKED SHRIMP WITH TOMATO AND FETA …
MEDITERRANEAN BAKED SHRIMP WITH FETA AND TOMATOES - LIVING …
BAKED SHRIMP WITH TOMATOES AND FETA - TASTE AND TELL
VIRAL BAKED FETA PASTA WITH SHRIMP | HEALTHY FITNESS MEALS
BAKED SHRIMP WITH FETA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BAKED SHRIMP WITH FETA AND TOMATOES + VIDEO - AMYCASEYCOOKS
SPICY BAKED SHRIMP WITH TOMATOES AND FETA CHEESE
BAKED SHRIMP WITH TOMATOES & FETA - THE ABSINTHE MINDED CHEF
BAKED GREEK SHRIMP WITH TOMATOES AND FETA - DADSTALKING.COM
BAKED SHRIMP WITH FETA CHEESE – HELLENIC AGRICULTURAL ENTERPRISES
SHRIMP SAGANAKI (GREEK SHRIMP WITH TOMATOES & FETA ... - ONCE …
GREEK SHRIMP RECIPE WITH TOMATO AND FETA (W/ VIDEO)
BAKED SHRIMP WITH TOMATOES AND FETA - BELLY FULL
OVEN BAKED SHRIMP WITH TOMATO AND FETA - MAGIC SKILLET
CHERRY TOMATO AND FETA BAKED SHRIMP - COOKING FOR KEEPS
BAKED SHRIMP WITH TOMATOES, FETA, AND MINT (RECIPE)
BEST BAKED SHRIMP, FETA AND TOMATO PASTA RECIPES | QUICK AND …
64 EASY AND TASTY BAKED SHRIMP RECIPES BY HOME COOKS
BAKED SHRIMP WITH TOMATOES AND FETA RECIPE | MUTTI US
TOMATO BAKED SHRIMP WITH FETA MEAL KIT DELIVERY | GOODFOOD
RECIPE: OVEN BAKED SHRIMP WITH TOMATOES AND FETA - POLLY CASTOR
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #main-dish #seafood #easy #beginner-cook #dinner-party #kid-friendly #romantic #shrimp #dietary #low-calorie #low-carb #toddler-friendly #low-in-something #shellfish #brunch #taste-mood
Shrimp Santorini — Greek Roasted Shrimp with Tomato and Feta Cheese2.5K views-03:16
Shrimp With Tomato, and Feta - Easy Recipe1.6K views-05:46
Baked Greek Shrimp with Feta | 20 Minute Meal | Easy Weeknight Dinner Recipe29K views-05:20
Shrimp, Feta and Tomato Bake Recipe Video1K views-02:20
How to Make Feta and Tomato Sheet Pan Bake with Shrimp or Chicken | Rachael Ray4.3K views-04:56
Recipe for Shrimp, Feta & Tomato Bake : You Say Tomato!593 views-03:19
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook shrimp with tomatoes and feta?Toss the shrimp in a bowl with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, 1 of the garlic cloves, the oregano, chili and salt. Arrange the tomatoes in a large baking dish. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and remaining garlic clove and toss it all around until the tomatoes are coated. Tuck the feta cubes here and there in between the tomatoes.
How do you cook shrimp in a tomato sauce?Add the tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and let simmer for about 5 minutes, until the tomato juices thicken. Remove from the heat. Stir in the parsley, dill, and shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the feta over the top. Bake until the shrimp are cooked through and cheese melts, about 12 minutes.
How do you cook shrimp and pasta in a skillet?Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic; cook and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the shrimp, and cook until opaque, about 3 to 5 minutes.
How to cook shrimp and tomatoes in a crock pot?Directions. Add the tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and let simmer for about 5 minutes, until the tomato juices thicken. Remove from the heat. Stir in the parsley, dill, and shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the feta over the top. Bake until the shrimp are cooked through and cheese melts, about 12 minutes.