- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Pound steak to tenderize.
- Dredge both sides in flour, salt and pepper.
- In heavy oven proof skillet heat oil, add steak and brown on both sides, remove add stock, bring to boil, scraping bits off pan.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, more salt and pepper to taste; remove from heat.
- Layer half the onions in pan, add steak, layer rest of onions, broth, spoon some broth on top.
- Bake for 2 hours, covered, basting steak after 1 hour.
- Remove to cutting board and slice.
- Serve with the gravy.
BAKED SWISS STEAK
This dish is one of my husband's favorites, so I make it often. Baking steak might seem strange at first, but the meat becomes very tender, and the vegetables add delicious flavor. -Dolores Wynne, Clearwater, Florida
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Cut meat into two portions; pound to 1/4-in. thickness. Combine 1 tablespoon flour and salt; coat meat on both sides. In a skillet, brown meat in oil. Transfer meat to a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish; set aside. , To pan drippings, add tomatoes, carrot, celery, onion, Worcestershire sauce and remaining flour. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Pour over meat. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until the meat is tender. Sprinkle with cheese; return to the oven until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 392 calories, Fat 19g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 71mg cholesterol, Sodium 1066mg sodium, Carbohydrate 26g carbohydrate (13g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 30g protein.
- Preheat oven to 400. Heat oil in a large cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet (not a nonstick) over medium-high until it begins to smoke. Pat steak dry with paper towels. Season each side with 1 teaspoon coarse salt and 1 teaspoon cracked pepper.
- Cook steak in skillet over medium-high heat until a dark crust has formed, 5 to 7 minutes per side (reduce heat if meat is browning too quickly). Holding steak with tongs, quickly brown all edges, turning as necessary; lay steak flat in skillet.
- Transfer skillet to oven. Roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of steak registers desired doneness, 5 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a plate; spread with 1 tablespoon Steak Butter. Cover loosely with aluminum foil, and let rest 5 to 10 minutes (temperature will then rise another 5 to 10 degrees). Slice across the grain; serve with remaining Steak Butter. Cover and refrigerate any leftovers, up to 2 days.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 599 g, Fat 50 g, Protein 35 g
Mmmm...mmm... This is the recipe that my momma passed down to me. Born and raised in the South, and my momma was raised on a farm, so my family knows a lot about southern cookin'. With this recipe, don't be shy to add other spices to it. This goes great with mashed potatoes, green beans and sweet tea. You can use the gravy from the steak for the mashed potatoes.
Provided by hmclaurin
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix the flour, black pepper, seasoned salt, and garlic powder together in a shallow bowl, and coat the cube steaks thoroughly with the flour mixture, patting the flour onto the steaks to get a good coating. Retain 3 tablespoons of seasoned flour.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, and pan-fry the cube steaks until golden brown on both sides, about 5 minutes per side. Place the steaks into a 9x12-inch baking dish. Whisk the retained seasoned flour into the beef broth until smooth, and pour the broth over the steaks. Cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the meat is tender and the gravy has thickened, about 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 355 calories, Carbohydrate 24.6 g, Cholesterol 27.2 mg, Fat 19.9 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 18.3 g, SaturatedFat 4.1 g, Sodium 655.7 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
SOUTHERN-FRIED BAKED STEAK
When our family gets together, they often ask me to prepare this main course. They love its down-home flavor.-Howard Haug, Hewitt, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Pound steak to tenderize; cut into serving-size pieces. Season with salt and pepper. Dust with flour. Combine milk and egg; dip meat into egg mixture and back into flour. , In a large skillet, brown meat on both sides in oil. Place onion in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Place meat over onion. Pour broth over all. Cover tightly and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours. Uncover; bake 20 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 467 calories, Fat 21g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 117mg cholesterol, Sodium 606mg sodium, Carbohydrate 27g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 39g protein.
More about "baked steak recipes"
OVEN BAKED ROUND STEAK - WHEN IS DINNER
4.3/5 (83)Total Time 3 hrs 5 minsCategory 5 Ingredients or LessCalories 408 per serving See details »
HOW TO BAKE A STEAK (WITH PICTURES) - WIKIHOW
83% (7)Estimated Reading Time 7 minsCategory Steak Dishes
- Let the steak sit at room temperature for 30 to 60 minutes. This will help the steak cook more evenly and prevents the meat from seizing, which makes it tougher. Place the steak on the kitchen counter, for instance, to let it warm up before you bake it. This is especially important for thicker cuts of meat, so the center doesn’t end up undercooked while the edges are overcooked. Don’t let the steak sit out for more than 2 hours or it will go bad.How to Choose a SteakIf you're on a budget, pick a cheaper cut, like tri-tips, top blade, or bottom sirloin.If you're looking for the most flavor, opt for a steak that's on the bone. Bone-in meat tends to be more flavorful and juicy.For that perfect steakhouse taste, choose a strip, rib eye, porterhouse or T-bone steak. These are the most popular among chefs.For the best quality, buy your meat from a butcher or the butcher's section of the grocery store. Avoid pre-packaged or frozen steak.
- Preheat the oven broiler. The broiler in your oven is a way of cooking food by exposing it to very high heat. Unlike the traditional bake setting, which requires a specific temperature, broilers only have 2 options: on or off. Turn yours on and let it preheat while you prepare the steak. An oven will heat much faster on the broil setting. It typically only takes about 5 to 10 minutes. In most ovens, the broiler is in the main compartment. However, in older gas ovens, there may be a separate broiler drawer. Check the oven manual if you aren’t sure where yours is or how to use it.
- Place your empty skillet inside the oven while it preheats. Warming up your pan ahead of time ensures a better sear on your steak. Make sure you choose an oven-safe skillet, like a cast iron, aluminum, or stainless steel one. If you aren’t sure if your pan can go in the oven, check the bottom to see if it says “oven-safe” or “safe for oven use.” You can also preheat your pan on the stove. Set the skillet on a burner and turn it to high heat for 5 minutes.
- Blot the steak with paper towels to remove excess moisture. Lightly dab the meat to dry it and soak up any water. Be careful not to press too hard, or you’ll absorb some of the steak juices, too. You can use a cloth towel instead of paper towels if you’d like. Wash it immediately after using it on the meat to kill any bacteria.
HOW TO COOK STEAK IN THE OVEN (JUST 20 MINS!) - I HEART ...
5/5 (24)Total Time 20 minsCategory Main DishCalories 291 per serving
- Remove the steaks from the fridge and bring to room temperature, about 15-30 minutes. Trim any excess fat.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Place a large skillet in the oven while it is heating. Remove pan from oven and place on the stove over high heat.
- Dry steaks with a paper towel. Then rub the oil over the steaks and generously season with salt and pepper. Once the pan is very hot place the steaks into the pan. Let each side cook for 1 minute, or until seared. Use tongs to flip.
- Then place the pan in the oven for 4-6 minutes. Flip and cook the other side an additional 4-6 minutes. Check the center with a meat themometor or slice with a knife to check for doneness. You want to remove the meat 5° before it reaches the desired temp. Temperature will continue to rise while resting.
HOW TO COOK STEAK IN THE OVEN - LEARN TO COOK YOUR ...
Ratings 34Calories 621 per servingCategory Main Course
- Take the steaks out of the refrigerator about 30 minutes before cooking. Cold meat will seize in it hits high heat suddenly so for the best results, remember to let it warm up.
- Make sure that your cast iron skillet is seasoned well before every use. Preheat skillet on stove-top, over medium-high heat and add a little bit of oil to the bottom.
- Once both sides have been seared, insert the leave-in thermometer through the side of the steak, towards the middle. Move the skillet into the pre-heated oven.
BAKED STEAK RECIPE - ANNA PAINTER | FOOD & WINE
Servings 4Total Time 1 hr 30 mins
- Preheat the oven to 400°. In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in 1 tablespoon of the oil. Add the onion and garlic and season with generous pinches of salt and pepper. Cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and thyme and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are browned and softened, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Wipe out the skillet.
- Place the flour in a shallow bowl. Season the steaks generously with salt and pepper. Dredge the steaks in the flour and shake off the excess. Transfer the steaks to a plate.
- In the same skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in 1 tablespoon of the oil. Add 2 of the steaks and cook over moderate heat, turning once, until browned, about 2 minutes. Transfer the steaks to a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Wipe out the skillet. Repeat with the remaining steaks, oil and butter.
- Add the broth to the same skillet and bring to a simmer, scraping up the browned bits on the bottom. Cook until the broth reduces by half, about 10 minutes. Whisk in the sour cream and dry mustard. Return the mushrooms to the skillet and cook, stirring, until the mushrooms are coated in the sauce, about 1 minute. Remove the skillet from the heat and season the sauce with salt and pepper. Scrape the mushroom sauce over the steaks.
HOW TO COOK STEAK IN THE OVEN - BEST PERFECT OVEN …
4.6/5 (27)Total Time 50 mins See details »
HOW TO COOK STEAK IN THE OVEN - GIMME SOME OVEN
4.8/5 (41)Total Time 10 minsServings 2-4
- Preheat broiler on your oven. Let the steaks rest on a plate until they have fully reached room temperature.
- Blot the steaks dry with paper towels. Then brush evenly on both sides with oil, and sprinkle the seasoning mixture evenly on both sides of the steaks.
- Meanwhile, heat a cast iron skillet (or oven-safe sauté pan) on the stove over high heat for 6-8 minutes. Once the pan is super-hot, add the steaks and use a spatula to press them evenly into the pan, so that the entire bottom surface of the steaks makes contact with the pan. Cook for 30 seconds.
BUDGET BAKED CHUCK STEAK DINNER IN FOIL RECIPE
Ratings 292Calories 749 per servingCategory Entree, Dinner See details »
OVEN BAKED STEAK WITH BROWN GRAVY - GB'S KITCHEN
5/5 (1)Category Main DishCuisine AmericanTotal Time 5 hrs 20 mins See details »
BAKED STEAK WITH GRAVY RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (4)Servings 6-8 See details »
PERFECT OVEN-ROASTED STEAK RECIPE | YUMMLY
4.9/5 (29)Total Time 21 minsCategory Main DishesCalories 90 per serving See details »
HOW TO COOK STEAK IN THE OVEN | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins See details »
HOW TO COOK STEAK IN THE OVEN - MY FOOD AND FAMILY RECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins See details »
10 BEST OVEN BAKED BEEF STEAKS RECIPES | YUMMLY
See details »
AMISH BAKED ROUND STEAK - DELICIOUS AND EASY - AMISH365.COM
5/5 (2)Category Main CourseCuisine American, AmishEstimated Reading Time 2 mins See details »
OVEN BAKED STEAK RECIPE - MAGIC SKILLET
Cuisine AmericanCategory BeefServings 1Total Time 35 mins
- Spray onion slices with nonstick cooking spray and arrange on rack in broiling pan. Broil, turning frequently until onion slices are lightly browned. Transfer to a plate. Set aside and keep warm.
- Set steak on rack in broiling pan and broil until done to taste, about 3 to 4 minutes on each side. While steak is broiling prepare mushroom sauce: In 9-inch nonstick skillet heat oil. Add mushrooms and garlic and cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently until mushrooms are browned about 2 min. In 1-cup liquid measure combine remaining ingredients, stirring to dissolve cornstarch. Stir broth mixture into mushroom mixture; continuing to stir, cook until mixture comes to boil. Reduce heat to low and let simmer until mixture thickens about 1 min.
OVEN BAKED TUNA STEAK - KETO - MEDITERAINIAN DIET - TWENTY ...
3.8/5 (167)Category Seafood Main CourseCuisine AmericanTotal Time 25 mins
- Set the oven at 400°F. Put the steaks in a bowl that is big enough to handle a little tossing and turning. Now zest and squeeze a lemon into the bowl. Then add the salt, pepper, dill weed and olive oil.
- Gently turn the steaks over a few times to mix up all the ingredients and evenly coat the steaks. When that's done to your satisfaction line a baking pan, that is just big enough to handle your steaks, with aluminum foil. Use enough foil to stick up higher than the sides of the pan to save yourself some cleanup. Put the steaks and all of the other ingredients in the pan. Use a tablespoon to get the top of the steaks covered with all that good stuff.
- Put that pan aside while you get the asparagus ready. Line a pan, that is just big enough to let all the of the stalks lay on the bottom, with aluminum foil. Again, use enough foil so that it sticks up past the sides of the pan. Cut the ugly end of the stalks off and lay them out in the pan. Cut the onion into strips and add it to the asparagus. Add the olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and the grated parmesan and roll the stalks around getting them covered with all that good stuff.
- Put the pans in the oven and after ten minutes check 'em. The narrower the asparagus stalks are the quicker they will cook. The steaks will get cooked medium well in 10-12 minutes. Poke the asparagus with a fork and the steaks with your finger. The softer the asparagus the more done it is. The firmer the tuna the more done it is. If you are unsure about the tuna just split a steak with the fork to see if it is how YOU like it. Some folks like it raw in the middle and some like it with no pink whatsoever.
BAKED SIRLOIN STEAK - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
3/5 (2) See details »
HOW TO BAKE A PERFECT STEAK IN 15 MINUTES : STEAK UNIVERSITY
Servings 4Estimated Reading Time 5 minsCategory Main Course See details »
HAM STEAK DINNER IDEAS / BAKED HAM STEAK WITH PINEAPPLE ...
See details »
10 BEST BAKED STEAK RECIPES IDEAS | RECIPES, CUBE STEAK ...
See details »
OVEN BAKED STEAK - OLD FASHIONED RECIPES
See details »
STEAK RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
See details »
21 BAKED STEAK RECIPES IDEAS IN 2021 | RECIPES, COOKING ...
See details »
#lactose #weeknight #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #main-dish #beef #oven #dietary #low-sodium #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #low-carb #free-of-something #low-in-something #meat #steak #equipment #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love