BAKED SWEET POTATO
Try this if your family is tired of traditional, regular baked potatoes. Our family likes these baked sweet potatoes with any kind of steak or chicken. Eat skin and all with fork and knife!
Provided by Henry Gobel
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a glass baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Pierce sweet potatoes multiple times on each side with a fork. Rub with oil and place in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour, turning once after 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice sweet potatoes in half. Make small slits in the flesh for brown sugar and butter to sink into. Place 1 tablespoon brown sugar on each half. Place 1 teaspoon butter on each half.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 156.7 calories, Carbohydrate 26.4 g, Cholesterol 10.8 mg, Fat 5.6 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 1.1 g, SaturatedFat 2.8 g, Sodium 68.3 mg, Sugar 15.9 g
BAKED SWEET POTATOES
Sweet potatoes are in the same family as other potatoes but cooking them requires a different approach to get the fluffy interior and sweet caramelized flavor we all love. After testing several techniques-wrapping in foil, pricking and not pricking, using a roasting pan-we found the following method delivered on all fronts, with minimal effort. Pricking with a fork allows steam to release and the potato flesh to separate from the skin, something that didn't always happen otherwise. Baking the potatoes on a wire rack nested in a baking sheet also helped the potatoes cook more evenly (and made cleaning up much easier). Lastly, allowing the potatoes to rest in the turned-off oven for 30 minutes after baking allowed the flavors to develop even further, though you can skip this step if you are short on time.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Position an oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 400 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil, then set a wire rack inside the baking sheet.
- Prick each of the sweet potatoes 5 times with a fork and place on top of the prepared rack, keeping space between potatoes to allow heat to circulate. Bake the sweet potatoes until a paring knife can easily go through without resistance, about 1 hour. Turn the oven off and let the potatoes rest inside for 30 minutes more. Remove from the oven and cut each potato in half lengthwise. Season with salt and pepper and top with butter if using.
BAKED SWEET POTATOES
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat the bottom of a glass or non-stick baking dish with olive oil, just enough to coat.
- Wash and peel the sweet potatoes. Cut them into medium size pieces. Place the cut sweet potatoes in the baking dish and turn them so that they are coated with the olive oil. Sprinkle moderately with oregano, and salt and pepper (to taste).
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for 60 minutes or until soft.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 321.3 calories, Carbohydrate 61 g, Fat 7.3 g, Fiber 8.9 g, Protein 4.8 g, SaturatedFat 1.1 g, Sodium 92.4 mg, Sugar 19.6 g
BAKED SWEET POTATOES
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees with rack in center position.
- Scrub and pat potatoes dry. Pierce potatoes all over with the tines of a fork and bake in oven, directly on rack, until soft and caramelizing, 1 1/2 hours.
- Slash the tops of potatoes open with the tip of a sharp knife and push ends of each potato toward each other to open. Divide butter, salt, and pepper among potatoes and serve.
LOADED BAKED SWEET POTATOES
Roasting sweet potatoes directly on the oven rack allows their skins to become extra-crisp. For a variation, try pale-fleshed Japanese sweet potatoes, which have a richer flavor and are in season in November.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees with racks in upper and lower thirds. Prick potatoes all over with a fork. Rub with 2 tablespoons oil; season with kosher salt. Place directly on top rack, with a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet on rack below. Roast 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss broccoli rabe with remaining 1 tablespoon oil; season with kosher salt and pepper. Carefully remove parchment from lower baking sheet; add broccoli rabe in a single layer. Roast, tossing once, until tender and bright green and potatoes are soft and oozing, 15 minutes. Transfer vegetables to a cutting board; let cool slightly, then chop broccoli rabe into bite-size pieces. Split sweet potatoes open; mash lightly with a fork. Top with broccoli rabe, beans, and pepperoncini. Serve, drizzled with oil and brine and sprinkled with flaky salt.
TWICE-BAKED SWEET POTATOES
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bake sweet potatoes in the preheated oven until tender, about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Cut a thin lengthwise slice from the top of each sweet potato and discard slice. Scoop pulp from sweet potatoes, leaving thin shells. Place pulp into a bowl and mash with cream cheese. Stir brown sugar, pecans, and cinnamon into mixture and fill sweet potato shells with pulp. Place filled sweet potatoes onto a baking sheet.
- Bake until sweet potatoes are heated through, 15 to 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 422.7 calories, Carbohydrate 65.8 g, Cholesterol 31.9 mg, Fat 15.5 g, Fiber 9.4 g, Protein 7.3 g, SaturatedFat 6.9 g, Sodium 244 mg, Sugar 18.8 g
AIR FRYER BAKED SWEET POTATO
Sometimes I get cravings for baked sweet potatoes with all the fixings, making this recipe ideal for 1 serving. Quick and easy and you don't have to turn on the oven.
Provided by Yoly
Categories Sweet Potato Side Dishes
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat an air fryer to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Wash sweet potato and pierce holes throughout. Rub olive oil all over sweet potato using your hands and place in the air fryer basket.
- Cook in the preheated air fryer for 15 minutes. Turn sweet potato and continue to cook until potato is soft and tender, 15 to 20 minutes more.
- Cut a slit on top of the sweet potato and top with butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 371 calories, Carbohydrate 59.5 g, Cholesterol 30.5 mg, Fat 14 g, Fiber 7.1 g, Protein 3.7 g, SaturatedFat 7.7 g, Sodium 210.5 mg, Sugar 22.7 g
BAKED SWEET POTATOES WITH BROWN SUGAR
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. With a fork, poke potatoes in several places. Arrange on a foil-lined baking sheet; bake until tender, about 40 minutes.
- Cut a deep cross in the top of each potato, and push the ends together to make an opening. Sprinkle inside with salt and pepper; dot each potato with 1 tablespoon butter and 2 teaspoons sugar. Serve.
TWICE BAKED SWEET POTATOES
This creamy sweet potato recipe is a huge hit with everyone. A friend served a version of these at a luncheon, and I absolutely loved it. I found some sweet potatoes in my fridge that I hadn't used and decided to try it. Everyone at work flipped over them! They're great with pork chops or steak, too!
Provided by SDELATORE
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Rub sweet potato skins with salad oil. Wrap potatoes in aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, or until soft.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine cream cheese, brown sugar, margarine, vanilla, salt and pepper.
- Cut potatoes in half and scoop flesh into the bowl with the other ingredients. Mix well and fold in walnuts. Spoon mixture into potato skins.
- Bake for 5 minutes, or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 199.9 calories, Carbohydrate 18.6 g, Cholesterol 20.5 mg, Fat 12.8 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 3.3 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, Sodium 246 mg, Sugar 8.4 g
More about "baked sweet potatoes recipes"
21 BAKED SWEET POTATO RECIPES | MYRECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
HOW TO BAKE SWEET POTATOES TO PERFECTION | ALLRECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
10 BEST BAKED SWEET POTATOES RECIPES | YUMMLY
BAKED WHOLE SWEET POTATOES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BAKED SWEET POTATOES RECIPE - ADD A PINCH
THE BEST BAKED SWEET POTATOES! - GIMME SOME OVEN
EASY BAKED SWEET POTATOES - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
BAKED SWEET POTATOES RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
18 BAKED SWEET POTATO RECIPES | PROPER LUSH! - HURRY THE FOOD …
BEST BAKED SWEET POTATO RECIPE - DELISH
OVEN-BAKED SWEET POTATOES RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
BAKED SWEET POTATOES - CHELSEA'S MESSY APRON
30 WAYS TO BAKE WITH SWEET POTATOES - TASTE OF HOME
SWEET POTATO RECIPES - BAKED, ROAST, MASHED & MORE | TASTE OF …
MEDITERRANEAN BAKED SWEET POTATOES | MINIMALIST BAKER …
BAKED SWEET POTATOES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
THE SECRET TO BAKED SWEET POTATOES • RECIPE FOR PERFECTION
EASY BAKED SWEET POTATO (HOW TO BAKE SWEET POTATOES)
10 BEST BAKED SWEET POTATO CHUNKS RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST STUFFED BAKED SWEET POTATOES RECIPES | YUMMLY
HOW TO BAKE SWEET POTATOES - FOOD NETWORK
PERFECT BAKED SWEET POTATOES - THE STAY AT HOME CHEF
BAKED SWEET POTATO RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
41 SWEET POTATO RECIPES TO MAKE ANY TIME OF DAY
HEALTHY BAKED & ROASTED SWEET POTATO RECIPES - EATINGWELL
BAKED SWEET POTATOES RECIPE - TASTE OF SOUTHERN
BAKED SWEET POTATO (HOW TO BAKE SWEET POTATOES) - SKINNYTASTE
THE BEST AND QUICKEST BAKED SWEET POTATOES - LIVE SIMPLY
BEST BAKED SWEET POTATO RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE BAKED SWEET …
TWICE-BAKED SWEET POTATOES (SAVORY, WITH BACON) | KITCHN
SAVORY BAKED SWEET POTATO RECIPES – 8 DELICIOUS IDEAS!
BAKED SWEET POTATOES | VEGETABLE RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
10 BEST QUICK BAKED SWEET POTATO RECIPES | YUMMLY
SPIRAL SWEET POTATO BAKE | RECIPETIN EATS
BAKED SWEET POTATOES RECIPES - OLIVEMAGAZINE
BAKED SWEET POTATOES IN FOIL - THERESCIPES.INFO
PERFECT ROASTED SWEET POTATOES RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
BAKED SWEET POTATOES | RICARDO
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #yams-sweet-potatoes #north-american #low-protein #healthy #side-dishes #potatoes #vegetables #american #southern-united-states #oven #kid-friendly #dietary #low-sodium #comfort-food #low-in-something #taste-mood #equipment #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love