GRILLED LOBSTER TAILS
I had never tried grilling lobster tails at home until I tried this convenient and deliciously different recipe. It turned out amazing, and has left me with little reason to ever order grilled lobster tail at a restaurant again. Here's how to cook lobster tails on the grill. -Katie Rush, Kansas City, Missouri
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Using scissors, cut 3 to 4 lengthwise slits in underside of tail to loosen shell slightly. Cut top of lobster shell lengthwise down the center with scissors, leaving tail fin intact. Cut shell at an angle away from the center of the tail at base of tail fin. Loosen meat from shell, keeping the fin end attached; lift meat and lay over shell. , In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; spoon over lobster meat. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes., Place lobster tails, meat side up, on grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until meat is opaque.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 446 calories, Fat 29g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 215mg cholesterol, Sodium 869mg sodium, Carbohydrate 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 43g protein.
BARBECUED LOBSTER TAILS
- Split the tails lengthwise with a large knife.
- Thoroughly mix all the other ingredients.
- Brush meat side of tail with marinade.
- Place the tails meat side down over medium coals and grill for 5-6 minutes.
- Turn over lobster and cook for another 5-6 minutes, brushing often with the remaining marinade.
- Do not overcook- lobster is done when it is opaque and firm to the touch.
- Serve with drawn butter and hunks of fresh lemon.
BARBECUE RECIPES GRILLED LOBSTER TAILS
- Remove membrane from under side of tails.
- Insert skewer lengthwise to prevent curling.
- Start with shell side down on grill. Brush meat with melted butter.
- Turn and grill other side.
- Cooking time will vary from 5-10 minutes per side, depending on size of tails.
- Serve with melted butter laced with lemon juice.
PERFECT LOBSTER TAILS
We tried lobster tails every which way -- steamed, baked, grilled, broiled -- and this is our favorite. Fast and foolproof, this recipe is your ticket to an impressive main course in minutes.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat the broiler. Place a wire cooling rack inside a rimmed baking sheet. Cut the top shell of the lobster tails lengthwise down the middle with kitchen shears. Then, using a knife, cut all the way through the tails to split into 2 pieces. Place them flesh-side up on the prepared baking sheet.
- Mix together the butter, parsley, shallot, lemon zest, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper in a small bowl until well combined.
- Spread 2 teaspoons of the compound butter on the flesh of each lobster tail half. Broil until the shells turn a bright orange, the flesh is opaque and cooked through and the tails begin to curl, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer the tails to a serving platter and top each half with another teaspoon of the compound butter (save the remainder for another use).
GRILLED LOBSTER TAILS WITH HERB BUTTER
Slather the Neelys' recipe for Grilled Lobster Tails with Herb Butter, a homemade blend of chopped chives, tarragon and garlic from Food Network.
Provided by Patrick and Gina Neely : Food Network
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat your grill to direct medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl blend butter, chives, tarragon, minced garlic, hot sauce, and black pepper with a rubber spatula. Blend thoroughly. Cover with plastic wrap and reserve.
- Using kitchen shears, butterfly the lobster tails straight down the middle of the softer underside of the shell. Cut the meat down the center without cutting all the way through. Insert a metal skewer down the lobster tail so the tail stands straight. Brush the tails with olive oil and season with salt, to taste.
- Grill lobsters cut side down over medium high heat about 5 minutes, until the shells are bright in color. Turn the tails over and spoon a generous tablespoon of herbed butter onto the butterflied meat. Grill for another 4 minutes, or until the lobster meat is an opaque white color.
- Remove lobster tails from the grill and serve with more herb butter and lemon wedges. Garnish with chive sprigs.
GRILLED LOBSTER TAILS
Quick and easy meal. Serve with your favorite grilled veggies, like asparagus.
Provided by STEPHW
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Cut down the tops of each lobster tail to prevent them from curling up as they cook.
- Mix butter, seafood seasoning, lemon juice, garlic, and pepper together in a bowl.
- Place lobster tails, shell-sides down, on the preheated grill for 5 minutes. Turn over and brush with butter mixture. Continue to cook until shells are bright red and meat is opaque, 5 to 7 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 384.2 calories, Carbohydrate 3.5 g, Cholesterol 174.3 mg, Fat 27.6 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 30 g, SaturatedFat 17 g, Sodium 1155.9 mg, Sugar 0.2 g
GRILLED LOBSTER TAILS WITH LEMON & HERB BUTTER
Treat guests to grilled lobster tails served with a lemon, garlic and parsley butter. They take a little effort, but make an impressive dinner party dish
Provided by Barney Desmazery
Categories Dinner, Main course
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Make the butter by mixing together all the ingredients, then season and set aside. Can be made two days ahead. Remove from the fridge to soften before using.
- Use kitchen scissors to cut along the tops of the lobster shells, then flip the tails over and crack the ribs of the shell. Use your fingers to open the shell and loosen the meat keeping it attached at the base and pull it half out. Use a knife to cut along the top of the tail without cutting all the way through and remove the vein if you see one. Sit the tail in a shallow roasting tray and add some butter to each one. Tails can be prepared a few hours ahead and chilled.
- Heat the grill to high, then grill the lobster tails for 10 mins until cooked through. Put them on plates and drizzle with the butter from the pan, or pour the butter into a ramekin and put it in the middle of the table for dipping the lobster meat in. Serve with lemon wedges and scatter with extra parsley, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 325 calories, Fat 27 grams fat, SaturatedFat 17 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 1 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 1 grams sugar, Fiber 0.1 grams fiber, Protein 19 grams protein, Sodium 1.42 milligram of sodium
GRILLED ROCK LOBSTER TAILS
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- Squeeze lemon juice into a small bowl, and slowly whisk in olive oil. Whisk in salt, paprika, white pepper, and garlic powder. Split lobster tails lengthwise with a large knife, and brush flesh side of tail with marinade.
- Lightly oil grill grate. Place tails, flesh side down, on preheated grill. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes, turning once, and basting frequently with marinade. Discard any remaining marinade. Lobster is done when opaque and firm to the touch.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 742.2 calories, Carbohydrate 4.3 g, Cholesterol 169.3 mg, Fat 60.9 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 44.3 g, SaturatedFat 11.1 g, Sodium 2036 mg, Sugar 0.3 g
More about "barbecued lobster tails recipes"
BEST GRILLED LOBSTER TAIL RECIPE - DELISH
5/5 (8)Total Time 25 mins
- In a small bowl, whisk together melted butter, lemon juice, zest, chives, parsley, garlic, and salt.
GRILLED LOBSTER TAILS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
Ratings 89Calories 224 per servingCategory Entree, Dinner, Lunch
GRILLED LOBSTER TAILS WITH HERB GARLIC BUTTER - SKINNYTASTE
GRILLED LOBSTER TAILS WITH RED CHILI PEPPER HERB BUTTER
GRILLED LOBSTER TAILS | COOKING MAMAS
GRILLING FROZEN LOBSTER TAILS AT HOME - LOBSTERANYWHERE.COM
GRILLED LOBSTER TAILS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BARBECUE LOBSTER TAILS RECIPES
FAMILY-FRIENDLY RECIPES & TRAVEL DESTINATIONS - SPOONFUL OF FLAVOR
EASY GRILLED LOBSTER TAILS WITH GARLIC BUTTER - CAFE DELITES
GRILLED LOBSTER TAIL RECIPE (CRAZY EASY) - MOMSDISH
GRILLED LOBSTER TAILS - TRAEGER GRILLS
HOW TO GRILL LOBSTER TAILS | STEP-BY-STEP GRILLING INSTRUCTIONS
HOW TO GRILL LOBSTER TAILS ON THE BARBEQUE?: STEP BY STEP GRILLING ...
THE BEST LOBSTER TAIL RECIPE EVER!
THE VERY BEST GRILLED LOBSTER TAIL RECIPE
GRILLED LOBSTER TAILS RECIPE | GREENPAN | © GREENPAN OFFICIAL STORE
BBQ LOBSTER TAILS WITH GRILLED LEMONS & GARLIC RECIPE
EASY GRILLED LOBSTER TAILS FOR TWO (20 MINUTES) - ZONA COOKS
GRILLED LOBSTER TAIL RECIPE (FAST & EASY!) | WHOLESOME YUM
GRILLED LOBSTER TAILS WITH SMOKED PAPRIKA BUTTER - FOODIECRUSH
HOW TO GRILL LOBSTER TAILS: 14 STEPS (WITH PICTURES) - WIKIHOW
RECIPES & MORE - MAINE LOBSTER
GRILLED LOBSTER TAILS RECIPE | SIDECHEF
QUICK AND EASY GRILLED LOBSTER TAILS RECIPE | DIETHOOD
GRILLED LOBSTER TAILS - THE COOKIN CHICKS
BBQ LOBSTER TAILS WITH GRILLED LEMONS & GARLIC RECIPE WITH BBQ …
GRILLED LOBSTER TAIL BOBBY FLAY - GRILLING EXPLAINED
RECIPES - THE LOBSTER MOBSTERS
GRILLED LOBSTER TAIL - DINNER AT THE ZOO
RECIPES | PIT BOSS® GRILLS
BARBECUE LOBSTER RECIPES – EASY!
HOW TO MAKE GRILLED LOBSTER TAIL - SAVING ROOM FOR DESSERT
GRILLED LOBSTER TAIL | I HEART RECIPES
BARBECUED ROCK LOBSTER TAILS RECIPE – THE BEST FREE COOKING …
BARBECUE LOBSTER TAIL RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
PARMESAN HERB LOBSTER TAILS #SHORTS #LOBSTER #RECIPE – BBQ …
GRILLED LOBSTER TAIL RECIPE WITH GARLIC BUTTER (2018) - YOUTUBE
GRILLED LOBSTER TAILS WITH SRIRACHA BUTTER - FIFTEEN SPATULAS
GRILLED LOBSTER TAILS | HOW TO GRILL LOBSTER TAILS LIKE A PRO
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #for-1-or-2 #very-low-carbs #lunch #main-dish #eggs-dairy #fruit #seafood #american #canadian #barbecue #easy #dinner-party #holiday-event #kid-friendly #grains #lobster #dietary #low-sodium #seasonal #pacific-northwest #low-carb #independence-day #northeastern-united-states #low-in-something #pasta-rice-and-grains #shellfish #equipment #grilling #number-of-servings
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook lobster tails on the grill?DIRECTIONS 1 Split the tails lengthwise with a large knife. 2 Thoroughly mix all the other ingredients. 3 Brush meat side of tail with marinade. 4 Place the tails meat side down over medium coals and grill for 5-6 minutes. 5 Turn over lobster and cook for another 5-6 minutes, brushing often with the remaining marinade. More items...
What is the best marinade to cook lobster tails in?Whisk in salt, paprika, white pepper, and garlic powder. Split lobster tails lengthwise with a large knife, and brush flesh side of tail with marinade.
What is in a butterflied lobster tail?Butterflied lobster tails are stuffed with an irresistibly creamy crab meat-bread crumb mixture that's been seasoned with mustard and cayenne pepper, then grilled to perfection. 4of 6 View All 5of 6 PinShare FacebookTweetEmailSend Text Message Grilled Lobster Tails with Garlic Butter Grilled Lobster Tails with Garlic Butter
Can you cook lobster tails from frozen?Easy and simple, Grilled Lobster Tails are something extra special during the summer months but can actually be made all year long thanks to frozen lobster tails! Ready in minutes and served with a savory Garlic Butter Sauce, you can turn any night of the week into a celebration.