This is a recipe for basic muffins. You can make them as is or add any combination of fruit or even cocoa to make chocolate muffins. You could also just try grating in some orange or lemon zest. The possibilities are endless.
Provided by Sackville
Categories Quick Breads
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan or in the microwave on low heat.
- Sift, measure and then place the flour in a large bowl.
- Add the baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Beat the egg well in a small bowl.
- Add the milk, vanilla and melted butter and mix thoroughly.
- Put the above wet ingredients into the large bowl of dry ingredients.
- Stir just until the flour mixture is moistened.
- Fill greased muffin tins 1/2 to 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400 F or 200 C for 20-25 minutes.
- The muffins should be golden brown in colour and spring back when touched.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 138.5, Fat 5.2, SaturatedFat 3.1, Cholesterol 28.5, Sodium 237.8, Carbohydrate 19.3, Fiber 0.6, Sugar 2.2, Protein 3.4
What could be nicer than warm classic but basic muffins in a napkin on the morning breakfast table? And they are so quick and easy to make, particularly since the ingredients are only lightly mixed, not beaten smooth.
Provided by Marion Cunningham
Yield Makes 12 muffins
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Butter muffin pans. Mix the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a large bowl. Add the egg, milk, and butter, stirring only enough to dampen the flour; the batter should not be smooth. Spoon into the muffin pans, filling each cup about two-thirds full. Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes each.
- Blueberry Muffins.
- Use 1/2 cup sugar. Reserve 1/4 cup of the flour, sprinkle it over 1 cup blueberries, and stir them into the batter last.
- Pecan Muffins.
- Use 1/4 cup sugar. Add 1/2 cup chopped pecans to the batter. After filling the cups, sprinkle with sugar, cinnamon, and more chopped nuts.
- Whole-Wheat Muffins.
- Use 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour and 1 cup white flour.
- Date or Raisin Muffins.
- Add 1/2 cup chopped pitted dates or 1/3 cup raisins to the batter.
- Bacon Muffins.
- Add 3 strips bacon, fried crisp and crumbled, to the batter.
BASIC MUFFINS: SIMPLE AND EASY
- Thoroughly grease and flour a 12-cup muffin pan (or use paper muffin liners).
- Ensure that the melted butter is warm, but not hot. Pour a tiny bit of the butter into the egg-vanilla-milk mixture and stir it in. Repeat a few more times, adding a slightly larger amount of the liquid butter each time until it's all incorporated.
- Let the batter rest for 10 to 15 minutes, to allow the glutens in the flour to relax, and some of those pockets of dry flour to dissolve.
- Serve and enjoy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 162 kcal, Carbohydrate 26 g, Cholesterol 28 mg, Fiber 1 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, Sodium 256 mg, Sugar 9 g, Fat 5 g, ServingSize 1 dozen, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
BASIC MUFFIN RECIPE
Good Food reader Charlotte Hilsdon shares her simple, chocolate chip muffin recipe, to which you can add fruit, chocolate or nuts
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Afternoon tea, Dessert, Snack, Treat
Yield Makes 20
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Line 2 muffin trays with paper muffin cases. In a large bowl beat 2 medium eggs lightly with a handheld electric mixer for 1 min.
- Add 125ml vegetable oil and 250ml semi-skimmed milk and beat until just combined then add 250g golden caster sugar and whisk until you have a smooth batter.
- Sift in 400g self-raising flour and 1 tsp salt (or 400g plain flour and 3 tsp baking powder if using) then mix until just smooth. Be careful not to over-mix the batter as this will make the muffins tough.
- Stir in 100g chocolate chips or dried fruit if using.
- Fill muffin cases two-thirds full and bake for 20-25 mins, until risen, firm to the touch and a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. If the trays will not fit on 1 shelf, swap the shelves around after 15 mins of cooking.
- Leave the muffins in the tin to cool for a few mins and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 205 calories, Fat 9 grams fat, SaturatedFat 2 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 28 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 13 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 3 grams protein, Sodium 0.5 milligram of sodium
Begin with our basic batter and add your choice of mix-ins from our list of variations below to make blueberry, chocolate chip, bran-raisin, cherry-pecan, or corn muffins.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 12
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, with rack in lower third. Butter and flour a standard 12-cup muffin pan, tapping out excess. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together butter, eggs, milk, and vanilla; set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients; make a well in the center. Add egg mixture to well. With a rubber spatula, gently stir ingredients just until batter is moistened (do not overmix; a few lumps are fine). Add mix-ins, if desired.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each about two-thirds full; sprinkle with sanding sugar, if desired. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean, 15 to 20 minutes. Loosen muffins, and tip them on their sides to cool in pan. Serve warm or at room temperature (muffins are best the day they are made).
BEST EVER MUFFINS
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a large bowl. Make a well in the center. In a small bowl or 2 cup measuring cup, beat egg with a fork. Stir in milk and oil. Pour all at once into the well in the flour mixture. Mix quickly and lightly with a fork until moistened, but do not beat. The batter will be lumpy. Pour the batter into paper lined muffin pan cups.
- Variations: Blueberry Muffins: Add 1 cup fresh blueberries. Raisin Muffins: Add 1 cup finely chopped raisins. Date Muffins: Add 1 cup finely chopped dates. Cheese Muffins: Fold in 1 cup grated sharp yellow cheese. Bacon Muffins: Fold 1/4 cup crisp cooked bacon, broken into bits.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 181.5 calories, Carbohydrate 29.7 g, Cholesterol 17.1 mg, Fat 5.6 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 3.3 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 233.4 mg, Sugar 13.5 g
BASIC MUFFINS WITH VARIATIONS
- Beat egg; add milk, oil and vanilla.
- Stir in dry ingredients.
- Spoon into muffin pan.
- Bake at 375* for 25 minutes.
- Variations: After mixing add the Variation ingredients.
- Mix and match to get your favorite!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1717.7, Fat 65.6, SaturatedFat 11.7, Cholesterol 203.1, Sodium 2024.8, Carbohydrate 251.8, Fiber 5.1, Sugar 101, Protein 29.7
More about "basic muffins recipes"
HOMEMADE BASIC MUFFIN RECIPE - A FAMILY FAVORITE
EASY MUFFIN RECIPE, BASIC MUFFIN RECIPE | BAKER BETTIE
1 BATTER FOR INFINITE MUFFIN RECIPES - SALLY'S BAKING …
BASIC MUFFIN RECIPE | AUSTRALIAN WOMEN'S WEEKLY FOOD
THE ULTIMATE BASIC MUFFIN RECIPE - SUGAR SPUN RUN
BASIC MUFFINS RECIPE | GOOD FOOD
TOP 17 BEST MUFFIN RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
ANYTHING BUT BASIC MUFFIN RECIPE (9 WAYS!) - BROMA …
MUFFIN RECIPE IDEAS: 70 MUFFINS WORTH WAKING UP FOR
MUFFIN RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
HOW TO MAKE MUFFINS: THE SIMPLEST, EASIEST METHOD
BASIC MUFFIN RECIPE – IF YOU GIVE A BLONDE A KITCHEN
17 EASY MUFFIN RECIPES TO BAKE THIS WEEKEND | CHATELAINE
BASIC MUFFIN RECIPE + FLAVOR VARIATIONS | SUGAR GEEK …
THE BEST BASIC MUFFIN RECIPE | KING ARTHUR BAKING
THE FLAVOR BENDER - BREAKFAST, BRUNCH, & DESSERT …
25 QUICK AND EASY MUFFIN RECIPES - MIDWEST LIVING
BASIC MUFFIN RECIPE - EASY RECIPE AS A BASE FOR ANY FLAVOR …
6 HEALTHY MUFFIN RECIPES (1 BASE MUFFIN RECIPE) - FIT FOODIE FINDS
BASIC MUFFINS (WITH BERRY AND OATMEAL VERSIONS) | KING ARTHUR BAKING
OUR BEST MUFFIN RECIPES | CANADIAN LIVING
BASIC YOGURT MUFFINS | FOOD | CBC PARENTS
EGG MUFFINS - BREAKFAST AND BRUNCH - MANY SIMPLE RECIPES
BASIC MUFFIN RECIPE - FOOD STORAGE MOMS
BASIC MUFFINS | EDMONDS
10 HEALTHY MUFFIN RECIPES FOR BEGINNERS - FEELGOODFOODIE
36 BEST MUFFIN RECIPES | RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS
BEST BASIC MUFFIN RECIPE ~ CUSTOMIZE W/ YOUR FAVES! • …
THE BEST BASIC MUFFIN RECIPE | PLUS TIPS & VARIATIONS
1 BASIC MUFFIN RECIPE + 52 VARIATIONS FOR EACH WEEK OF THE YEAR
19 BEST MUFFIN RECIPES - IZZYCOOKING
10 EASY MUFFIN RECIPES WITH FEW INGREDIENTS - RACHELS BAKING …
MUFFIN RECIPES - BETTYCROCKER.COM
HOW TO BAKE THIS BASIC MUFFIN RECIPE WITH VARIATIONS.
BEST EVER BASIC MUFFIN RECIPE | BAKING FOR HAPPINESS
BASIC MUFFIN RECIPE - BAKED BY AN INTROVERT
EASY MUFFIN RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
BASIC BRAN MUFFINS | BLUE FLAME KITCHEN
THIS MONTH'S RECIPES | ANNA OLSON
ONE-BOWL MUFFINS (MANY WAYS!) - THE BAKERMAMA
BASIC MUFFINS RECIPE | HAMILTONBEACH.COM
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #breads #muffins #dietary #high-calcium #quick-breads #high-in-something
You'll also love