CANNELLINI BEAN SOUP
A dietary staple in Italian cuisine, cannellini beans bring tremendous flavor to this soup. Make it a day ahead of time -- it will taste even better when you're ready to eat it.From the book "Lucinda's Rustic Italian Kitchen," by Lucinda Scala Quinn (Wiley).
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Rinse the beans well and place in a large pot. Cover the beans with 4 quarts of water. Bring to a boil, cover, and turn off the heat. Allow to soak for 1 hour.
- Place the olive oil, onions, and garlic in a large heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat. When the garlic begins to sizzle, after about 30 seconds, add the carrots and celery and continue to cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, basil, and parsley and cook, stirring occasionally, for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add 6 cups of the soaked beans, cover with 10 cups of cold water, and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer, partially covered, until the beans are tender and creamy, at least 1 1/2 but up to 2 1/2 hours. Add water if necessary to achieve desired consistency; the soup should be thick. Add the salt halfway through the cooking. Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese, freshly black ground black pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil.
BASIC BEAN SOUP
- In a large bowl, combine the beans with the water, cover and let soak overnight.
- In a large pot over medium high heat, combine the soaked beans with water, carrots, onion and ham. Add more water to cover all, if necessary. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and let simmer for 4 to 6 hours. Add ketchup just to get desired color. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 180.5 calories, Carbohydrate 27 g, Cholesterol 13.4 mg, Fat 2.9 g, Fiber 7.9 g, Protein 12.8 g, SaturatedFat 0.9 g, Sodium 380.6 mg, Sugar 2.6 g
TEN BEAN SOUP I
- Soak beans in water overnight.
- Fry bacon slightly, then add onion, garlic, and celery. Cook until onion is tender.
- Place drained beans in large pot. Add water to cover beans. Add bacon, onions, garlic, and celery. Cook until beans are tender (this takes a while...at least 1 1/2 hours). Add salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 351.1 calories, Carbohydrate 44.8 g, Cholesterol 12.7 mg, Fat 9.5 g, Fiber 19.7 g, Protein 19.6 g, SaturatedFat 2.8 g, Sodium 322.1 mg, Sugar 2.9 g
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high. Add carrots, celery, and onion and cook until onion is translucent, about 6 minutes. Add garlic and thyme and season with salt and pepper; cook until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add beans, tomatoes, broth, and parsley and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender, 25 to 30 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide soup among four bowls and serve with Parmesan.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 312 g, Fat 8 g, Fiber 10 g, Protein 11 g, SaturatedFat 1 g
BEAN & BASIL SOUP
- In large saucepan, bring chicken stock to a boil over medium heat. Add tomatoes, onion and oregano and simmer about 10 minutes. Add beans and continue cooking until onion is tender, about another 10 minutes.
- In blender or food processor, finely chop the garlic and basil. Add olive oil and process until combined. Using a slotted spoon, transfer half the beans and veggies to the basil mixture. Process until smooth, then stir puree back into the soup.
- Cook pasta, reserving 1 cup of cooking water. Stir the pasta into the soup and season with salt and pepper. If the soup is too thick, thin out with the pasta cooking water.
- Garnish with basil and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 167.9, Fat 2.2, SaturatedFat 0.5, Cholesterol 2.4, Sodium 122.2, Carbohydrate 28.1, Fiber 5, Sugar 3.8, Protein 9.7
ONTARIO BEAN SOUP WITH BASIL
I really enjoy my soups and this is a favorite veg soup. Just serve with a nice french stick of bread. Delicious. I got the recipe from "The flavours of Canada by Anita Stewart
Provided by Marlitt
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Saute onion in butter for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, potatoes, carrots, and celery.
- Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add stock, tomatoes, salt, pepper, and basil.
- Boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add green beans, peas, both beans and pasta.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add parsley and serve sprinkled with cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 534.8, Fat 12.4, SaturatedFat 6, Cholesterol 27.5, Sodium 1645.2, Carbohydrate 86.3, Fiber 18.2, Sugar 16.4, Protein 22.8
CREAM OF BASIL SOUP
I really enjoy creating my own recipes. This one evolved one afternoon when I had an abundance of basil in my garden. I serve it to the ladies' reading club, and everyone wanted the recipe!-Aida Von Babbel, Coquitlam, British Columbia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a saucepan, simmer broth and basil, uncovered, for 15 minutes. In another saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour and pepper until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; gradually stir in broth and sour cream (do not boil).
Nutrition Facts :
TOMATO AND CANNELLINI BEAN SOUP WITH GARLIC AND BASIL
With a chock-full of bright vegetables, bacon, fish and beans, this homemade soup has all the right stuff.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 21
- In 8-inch skillet, heat unpeeled garlic over low heat (you are dry-roasting the garlic, so there is no need for oil) 25 to 30 minutes, turning occasionally, until peel is light brown and clove feels soft inside when you touch it. (Don't rush the process by turning up the heat; garlic may burn and become bitter.) Remove garlic from skillet; set garlic aside.
- In 3-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add pancetta and cook about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until slightly crisp around edges. Add onion, carrot and celery. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables soften but do not brown. Add finely chopped garlic and cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add broth, water, beans, tomatoes, tomato paste, anchovies, the cheese rind, bay leaves and rosemary; heat to boiling. (When you've used a piece of Parmesan cheese, save the rind in the freezer. If you don't have a rind, you may want to sprinkle each serving with grated Parmesan cheese.) Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Peel cooled, roasted garlic cloves and place in small bowl. Add butter, salt, red pepper and pepper. Use a fork to mash garlic to a smooth paste. Spoon garlic paste into hot soup and stir well to incorporate. Sprinkle with basil and stir well. Remove bay leaves and rosemary sprig.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 230, Carbohydrate 26 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Fiber 6 g, Protein 14 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 1310 mg, Sugar 3 g, TransFat 0 g
More about "bean basil soup recipes"
15 BEAN SOUP WITH PANCETTA AND BASIL - 2 SISTERS …
4.8/5 (4)Estimated Reading Time 6 minsServings 12Total Time 1 hr 30 mins
- Place beans into a large bowl or pot and add 8 cups of water. Allow beans to soak for 6 to 8 hours. After soaking, drain and give the beans a quick rinse under cold water. Set aside.
- In a large soup pot, heat olive oil over medium heat and add pancetta, onions and garlic. Cook until the pancetta is fully cooked, occasionally stirring, about 5 minutes.
- Add the rinsed beans, water and vegetable broth. Cover and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer (with a low boil) covered for 1 hour. Stir occasionally.
- After 1 hour, add the tomatoes, chili powder, salt and fresh basil and stir to blend into the soup. Toss in one Parmesan rind. Cover and continue to simmer for additional 15 to 20 minutes. The soup should be thick and creamy. Turn off heat. Season with fresh cracked pepper to taste.
BEAN & BASIL SOUP | TUPPERWARE BLOG: DISCOVER RECIPES
Author Tupperware US & CanadaEstimated Reading Time 1 min
10 BEST BEAN SPROUT SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
RECIPE FOR GREEN BEAN AND BASIL SOUP | ALMANAC.COM
CREAMY TOMATO BEAN SOUP | RECIPETIN EATS
SUMMER BEAN AND BASIL SOUP RECIPE
Servings 8Calories 212 per servingTotal Time 2 hrs
SLOW COOKER WHITE BEAN BASIL CHICKEN SOUP - RELUCTANT ENTERTAINER
HEALTHY BEAN SOUP RECIPES | EATINGWELL
COLORFUL GREEN BEAN SOUP RECIPE - COOKING LSL
CHILLED BUTTER BEAN SOUP WITH BASIL-CORN RELISH RECIPE
TOMATO BASIL SOUP RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
BUTTER BEAN SOUP - BUSH'S® BUTTER BEANS RECIPES
HEALTHY VEGETARIAN BEAN RECIPES | EATINGWELL
SUMMER BEAN AND BASIL SOUP - BIGOVEN.COM
HEARTY ITALIAN WHITE BEAN BASIL SOUP - THE VEGAN 8
BEAN AND BASIL SOUP RECIPE | COOKBOOK CREATE
TOMATO BASIL WHITE BEAN SOUP - COOKINGHEARTSMART
BUTTER-BEAN MINESTRONE WITH BASIL PISTOU - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
BEAN SOUP RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK
RECIPES > BEANS AND GRAINS > HOW TO MAKE SUMMER BEAN& BASIL …
NAVY BEAN SOUP RECIPE (HEARTY HAM VERSION) | KITCHN
BORLOTTI BEAN AND BACON SOUP WITH BASIL OIL | SOUP RECIPES | SBS FOOD
ROASTED TOMATO, WHITE BEAN & BASIL SOUP - SARA SULLIVAN
WHITE BEAN BASIL SOUP [VEGAN] - ONE GREEN PLANET
CREAMY GREEN BEAN, LEEK & FRESH BASIL SOUP RECIPE
BEAN SOUP RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
BROTHY TORTELLINI SOUP W/ SPINACH, WHITE BEANS & BASIL
TOMATO BASIL & WHITE BEAN SOUP - STIRLIST
BEAN SOUP RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
WHITE BEAN BASIL SOUP - VEGGIE KIDS
THAI BASIL NOODLE SOUP | BEETS & BONES
WHITE BEAN SOUP WITH BASIL AND TOMATOES - PREVENTION
BEAN AND BARLEY SOUP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CREAMY WHITE BEAN SOUP WITH BASIL AND OLIVE OIL
HEARTY ITALIAN WHITE BEAN BASIL SOUP | RECIPE | RECIPES, FOOD ...
WHITE BEAN SOUP W/ GARLIC & BASIL: HIGH FIBER AND PROTEIN
RECIPES > BEANS AND GRAINS > HOW TO MAKE SUMMER BEAN & BASIL …
BEAN & BARLEY SOUP RECIPE | EATINGWELL
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to make bean soup?A hearty bean soup. Soak beans in water overnight. Fry bacon slightly, then add onion, garlic, and celery. Cook until onion is tender. Place drained beans in large pot. Add water to cover beans. Add bacon, onions, garlic, and celery.
How to make tortellini soup with spinach Basil&white beans?Brothy Tortellini soup with Spinach, Basil & White beans – a mouthwatering vegetarian soup that can be made in 25 minutes! Heat oil in a large heavy bottom pot or dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the onion and saute 3-4 minutes stirring. Add the celery and garlic, lower heat to medium, and saute 5-6 minutes until celery is tender.
How do you make tomato soup with Basil?Stir in basil and cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Pour contents of pan into a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Return to pan and stir. Add cream, savory, lemon juice, salt, and cayenne. Warm gently, but do not allow soup to boil.
How to cook potatoes and green beans for Soup?Cover pan and cook for 20 minutes, or until potatoes and green beans are tender. Stir in basil and cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Pour contents of pan into a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Return to pan and stir. Add cream, savory, lemon juice, salt, and cayenne. Warm gently, but do not allow soup to boil.