BEEF AND CHEDDAR HAND PIES
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over high. Add beef, garlic, and onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to brown, about 7 minutes. Stir in Worcestershire and Dijon; season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and let cool completely. Stir in cheese.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Roll out pastry on a lightly floured surface to a 14-inch square. Cut into four 7-inch squares; place a quarter of beef mixture on each. Brush edges with egg, then fold one corner of each pie over, forming a triangle. Press edges to seal.
- Place pies on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush tops with more egg. Cut 2 vents in each top; freeze 10 minutes. Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Serve with broccoli rabe.
TRADITIONAL ENGLISH BEEF & POTATO PICNIC PIES - PASTIES
Delicious little "hand pies" which are ideal for picnics as well as for brunch, lunch & light snacks. These are very easy to make & can be made ahead & frozen for up to 3 months. I made these using individual 5" disposable aluminium pie tins; however, the ingredients listed would also make a large double-crusted plate pie. Serve them warm or cold with pickles, relishes, chutneys & assorted salads. Also wonderful with hot gravy! The individual 5" pies that have been made here are quite generous, so if you wish, make them smaller than that - maybe in a muffin tin!
Provided by French Tart
Categories Savory Pies
Yield 6 individual pies, 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 19
- First peel and cut your potatoes into even size chunks & then boil for about 15-20 minutes or until very tender, but not too mushy.
- Drain the potatoes and add the milk, butter, salt & pepper to taste.
- Mash very well with a potato masher or using a hand-held mixer.
- Mash/mix until there are no lumps left.
- The mashed potato should be smooth but fairly firm and not too soft.
- Heat up the oil in a large roomy pan and add the diced onions. Add the garlic if using with the onions.
- Cook the onions for about 15-20 minutes, until soft and golden.
- Remove the onions and set to one side in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the minced beef, adding a bit more oil if necessary. Stir the minced beef all the time to break down any lumps. Cook for about 15 - 20 minutes until cooked & brown all the way through.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, soy sauce, herbs, tomato puree if using and a good twist of freshly ground black pepper. Mix together thoroughly.
- Continue to simmer and add the beef stock - stirring all the time for a further 5 minutes.
- Take off the heat and add the beef mixture to the onions.
- Mix them together thoroughly & then add the mashed potatoes - mix again well.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Pre-heat the oven to 220C, 425F or gas mark 7.
- Grease 6 x 5" pie tins OR 1 x 9" ovenproof pie plate.
- Sprinkle some flour onto a board and roll out the ready-made puff pastry.
- Taking a saucer or a large cookie cutter, cut out six x bottoms for the pie tins, just slightly larger than the tins. (Invert the pie plate & cut around it for a plate pie.).
- Put the pastry bottoms into the buttered tins (or on to the buttered plate) and fill generously with the beef and potato pie filling.
- Cut out the lid/s and moisten the edges of the bottom pastry case with water; then place the lid/s on top - making sure they reach right up to the edge.
- Crimp the edges of the pastry with a fork or your fingers to make a seal.
- Cut two slits on top of the pies with a knife or scissors.
- Glaze with the beaten egg (or milk) and sprinkle some sea salt.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 25- 30 minutes until puffed up and golden brown.
- Serve warm or cold with pickles, chutneys and assorted salads.
- Ideal for picnics, snacks, light lunches & brunch.
- To freeze them, pack them with greaseproof paper between each pie in a freezer container. Defrost for at least 6 hours. Can be frozen before the final baking or after being baked. To cook when unbaked, defrost them & then follow the directions above.
BEEF AND POTATO PIE
Beef and vegetables baked in a delicious pie. Great for dinner and excellent warmed-up the next day as well. Other vegetables can be interchanged like celery, peas, etc. Two pounds ground beef can be substituted for sirloin.
Provided by Spongy
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Place a baking sheet on rack in the lower third of the oven. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Heat oil and butter together in a large saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir onion until softened, about 10 minutes. Add beef; cook and stir until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir flour, pepper, and salt into beef mixture; cook and stir until beef is coated, 2 to 3 minutes. Add wine; bring to boil, reduce heat, and simmer, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Mix beef stock, potatoes, carrots, tomato paste, and Worcestershire sauce into beef mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender, 30 minutes to 1 hour. Remove from heat and cool.
- Line a 9x13-inch baking dish with 1 pie crust. Spoon beef and potato filling into crust; top with remaining pie crust, crimping the 2 crusts together around the edges using a fork or your fingers. Brush top crust with milk.
- Place baking dish on the baking sheet in the oven and cook until crust is golden brown, 40 to 45 minutes.
BEEF AND POTATO HAND PIES
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook until translucent, 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds.
- Add beef and cook, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, until browned, 5 minutes. Stir in paprika, potato, and raisins; season to taste with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- On a lightly floured work surface, gently roll out puff pastry sheets to smooth creases. Cut each sheet into 4 squares. Place 1/3 cup beef mixture in center of each pastry square. Brush edges lightly with water, fold over filling to form triangles, press to seal, and sprinkle with paprika.
- Transfer to two parchment-lined rimmed baking sheets and bake until pastry is golden and puffed, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
LOADED POTATO MINI HAND PIES
These mini hand pies are like a loaded baked potato encased in a buttery flaky crust! Great for snack time or a light lunch. Serve with additional sour cream for dipping, if desired.
Provided by Kim's Cooking Now
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place bacon in a nonstick pan and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until fat begins to render, about 3 minutes. Add green onions and cook until bacon is crisp, about 1 minute more. Transfer to a plate using a slotted spoon.
- Add potatoes to the same pan and stir to coat with bacon grease. Cook over medium-high heat for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally to keep them from sticking. Remove from heat and cover with a lid. Let cool.
- Stir bacon and green onions into the cooled potatoes; add Cheddar cheese and sour cream. Season with pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll pie crusts on a flat work surface. Cut out 24 circles using a 3-inch biscuit cutter or glass. Place a spoonful of the potato filling in the center of 12 of the circles, keeping the filling away from the edge of the dough. Cover with remaining circles, pressing tops down lightly.
- Pick up a hand pie and pinch the edges together to seal. Return to the work surface and use a fork to crimp the edges together. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining pies.
- Brush beaten egg over the pies using a pastry brush.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes.
IRISH BEEF HAND PIES
On St Patrick's Day or on any other day, tuck the makings of traditional beef-and-potato stew into flaky pastries you can bake straight from the freezer. These are like empanadas and can be stuffed with all vegetables, or maybe berries of some kind, or sausages and/or other meats. Everyday Food or Martha Stewart web site.;)
Provided by Manami
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium; add cabbage and potatoes.
- Cook until beginning to brown, 7 to 9 minutes.
- Add beef; cook, breaking up meat with a spoon, until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste, crushed red pepper flakes (if using), Worcestershire, thyme, and 1 cup water.
- Cover, and cook until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Lightly mash mixture with a fork.
- Season; salt, & pepper, to taste.
- Crushed red pepper flakes, if using (optional)
- Let cool completely.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll each crust into a 14-inch square; cut each into 4 equal squares.
- Place 1/2 cup filling on one half of each square, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the filling; brush borders with water; fold dough over filling to enclose.
- Crimp edges with a fork to seal.
- With a paring knife or scissors, cut 3 small vents in each.
- Transfer pies to 2 foil-lined rimmed baking sheets; bake until golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through.
- *Arrange unbaked pies on a baking sheet (they should not touch); freeze until firm, about 1 hour.
- Wrap each pie in foil & place in a resealable plastic bag; freeze up to 2 months.
- To Bake from Frozen: Proceed increasing baking time to 28 to 30 minutes.
People also searched
More about "beef and potato hand pies recipes"
EASY BEEF AND POTATO HAND PIES - THE COUNTRY COOK
2020-09-19 · Preheat oven to 400°F. In a large skillet, add beef and onions. Begin, cooking and crumbling ground beef over medium high for about 2-3 minutes. Stir in the garlic, cumin, seasoning salt, smoked paprika and diced potatoes and cook another 8-10 minutes or until beef is no longer pink and potatoes …
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a large skillet, add beef and onions. Begin, cooking and crumbling ground beef over medium high for about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, cumin, seasoning salt, smoked paprika and diced potatoes and cook another 8-10 minutes or until beef is no longer pink and potatoes are cooked through.
SAVORY BEEF HAND PIES • LONGBOURN FARM
2020-05-29 · In a medium frying pan on medium heat, add the Ground Beef and spices. When the Ground Beef is almost browned, about 8 minutes, add the onion. Cook until the Ground Beef …
SAVORY MEAT HAND PIE RECIPE (WITH BEEF SIRLOIN) | THE ...
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and diced potato. Cook for approximately 7 minutes. The potatoes should begin to soften.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cups, level with a knife. Combine flour together with the salt in a medium bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture forms into small course pebbles.
- Combine sour cream and juice in a small bowl, them add it to the flour mixture. Sprinkle surface with 1 tablespoon of ice water; toss with a fork until moist and crumbly. Repeat with remaining 2 tablespoons of ice water.
SPICY BEEF & POTATO HAND PIES | RACHAEL RAY SHOW
2019-02-22 · Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet over high heat. Once hot, add the beef and cook until brown. Once brown, add the onion and potatoes. Cook, stirring often, until onions …
BEEF AND POTATO HAND PIES (CORNISH PASTIES) | BACK TO THE ...
2017-01-31 · How To Make Beef And Potato Hand Pies/Cornish Pasties Mix together the leftover roast beef and potatoes then pour over some leftover beef cooking juices. Roll out pie …
- Roll out pie crusts and use a 8-9" tart pan or other pan, inverted, to cut the dough into 4 large circles. You may have to reform and roll the dough between cuttings to get all four circles. Lay 2 dough circles on each parchment lined baking sheet.
- Pile about 1 1/2 cups of the meat and potato mixture (with juices) onto one half of each dough circle. Spread evenly over that half of the dough circle, leaving about 1/2" rim around the edge for crimping. Sprinkle some sea salt and pepper over the meat and potato mixture.
- Use a pastry brush to brush the 1/2" rim of pastry with some of the beaten egg - this will serve as "glue" to seal the pastry edges.
BEEF AND POTATO HAND PIES | EASY RECIPE | KRAZY KITCHEN MOM
2021-02-22 · Let’s Make Beef and Potato Hand Pies Pour 1/2 bag of the frozen peas into a small bowl and set them aside. Add 2 tbsp of olive oil to a skillet on medium …
See details »
AUSTRALIAN INDIVIDUAL POTATO-MEAT PIES RECIPE
To make the beef filling, heat the oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until soft and translucent. Add ground beef and cook for 3 …
14 HAND PIES - EASY SAVORY HAND PIE RECIPES
2015-04-13 · 11 of 14. Fudgey Peanut Butter Hand Pies. Swirl together rich chocolate fudge frosting and creamy peanut butter, then seal inside a pie crust casing for a truly unforgettable dessert. Get the recipe at Wine and Glue. Courtesy of Stonegable. 12 of 14. Ham, Cheese and Broccoli Hand Pies.
IRISH PASTIES - BEEF AND VEGGIE HAND PIES RECIPE | PAMELA ...
½ cup chicken or beef stock ; ¾ cup red potatoes, parboiled, steamed or roasted (about 4 oz or 2 small potatoes), ¼-inch dice ; 1 cup frozen peas and carrots ; 1 TBSP fresh thyme ; ½ tsp dried thyme ; pinch cayenne (optional) PIE DOUGH - Option 1 (makes …
See details »
BEEF HAND PIES - BETTER THAN BOUILLON
Recipe tags: beef base, moderate difficulty, main, beef, skillet. Ingredients. 2 Tbsp: butter 1 lb: ground beef 1 : small onion, diced 1 : carrot, diced 1 : stalk celery, diced 1 cup: diced potatoes 2 : cloves garlic, minced 1 Tbsp: finely chopped fresh thyme 4 tsp: all-purpose flour 2 Tbsp: Better Than Bouillon ® Roasted Beef Base: 1 Tbsp: grainy mustard 2 pkg (14 oz each) prepared pie ...
- Melt butter in large skillet set over medium heat; cook beef for 5 to 8 minutes or until slightly browned. Stir in onion, carrot, celery, potatoes, garlic and thyme; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are slightly softened.
- Sprinkle flour over top; cook for 1 minute. Stir in 1 cup water, Roasted Beef Base and grainy mustard; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until mixture is thickened and most of the water has evaporated. Let cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. On lightly floured surface, roll out pastry; cut into 4- x 3-inch rectangles, rerolling scraps to make 16 rectangles.
- Whisk egg with 1 tsp water; brush over edges of 8 pastry rectangles. Top with beef mixture. Cap with remaining rectangles. Press edges firmly with fork to seal.
MASHED POTATO BEEF HAND PIES (IRISH BEEF AND POTATO HAND PIES)
2021-02-28 · Dollop mashed potato onto half of the rounds, then the beef filling. If you’re making smaller hand pies, I suggest 1 tablespoon of potato to 2 tablespoons of filling. If you’re making bigger ones, 2 …
- With a cheese grater, grate the frozen butter. When the entire stick has been grated, transfer the butter back to the freezer to stay cool.
BEEF AND POTATO HAND PIES (CORNISH PASTIES) | RECIPE ...
Aug 11, 2018 - Easy beef and potato hand pies (Cornish Pasties) are a classic comfort food with a time saving twist. Made with leftover roast beef and store bought pie crust!
MEAT PIES MADE WITH HAMBURGER - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
Hamburger Pie Recipe | MyRecipes tip www.myrecipes.com. Cook beef, breaking up large pieces with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Remove to a bowl using a slotted spoon. Drain all but 1 Tbsp. fat from skillet. Add onion, carrots and celery; sauté until …
See details »
BEEF AND POTATO PIE RECIPE - SHARE-RECIPES.NET
2021-07-09 · Savory Meat Hand Pie Recipe (With Beef Sirloin) The . 2 hours ago Thefoodieaffair.com Get All . Step 2 – Prepare meat pie filling: In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat . Add onion and diced potato.Cook for approximately 7 minutes. The potatoes should begin to soften. Add beef, and cook for about 5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.Add tomato sauce, steak sauce, thyme, and ...
See details »
10 BEST MEAT HAND PIES RECIPES | YUMMLY
See details »
BEEF AND POTATO HAND PIES | RECIPE | BEEF AND POTATOES ...
Jan 3, 2018 - Store-bought puff pastry makes these pies extra easy. Serve them with a green salad. Jan 3, 2018 - Store-bought puff pastry makes these pies extra easy. Serve them with a green salad. Pinterest. Today. Explore. When autocomplete results are available use up and down arrows to review and enter to select. Touch device users, explore by touch or with swipe gestures. Log in. Sign up ...
See details »
BEEF PASTIES (HAND PIES) | FLUSTER BUSTER
2017-03-27 · Simple Beef Pasties (Hand Pies) Prepare pie dough as directed or remove pre-made crust from package and allow to come to room temperature. In a large skillet, brown the ground beef. Drain, add the diced onions, carrots, potatoes (or rutabaga) and beef stock. Cover and let cook, on low, until the vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally ...
See details »
BEEF AND POTATO HAND PIES | RECIPE | QUICK BEEF RECIPES ...
Jan 20, 2012 - Store-bought puff pastry makes these pies extra easy. Serve them with a green salad. Jan 20, 2012 - Store-bought puff pastry makes these pies extra easy. Serve them with a green salad. Pinterest. Today. Explore. When autocomplete results are available use up and down arrows to review and enter to select. Touch device users, explore by touch or with swipe gestures. Log in. Sign ...
See details »
BEST BEEF AND POTATO HAND PIES - FOOD RECIPES - 15 MIN PREP.
Cut the leaves into the four square and them fill is with ¼ cup of beef mixture and add the potato. Brush the edges with water lightly and fold the pastry to form the triangles. Press the pastry to make sure that it is seal and sprinkle the paprika. 3 Transfer the dish and place it into the baking pan.
See details »
SAUSAGE MEAT PIE RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
Beef Sausage Hand Pie Recipe. Delicious PORK PIE Recipe With SAUSAGE Meat| Simple,... Sausage meat pie recipe puff pastry - Best Cook Ideas trend bestcookideas.com. Nigerian meat pies that are much like Jamaican b eef patties are thought snacks in Nigeria. The pies are typically full of meat, carrots and taters b ut more vegeta b l'ensemble des can b e added. Here an easy recipe of meat pies ...
See details »
BEEF AND POTATO HAND PIES | DELICIOUS RECIPES
Well, if you love it, you should eat the beef and potato hand pies. It is very delicious, and you will have the most pleasant meal that suitable for your hand. All of the ingredients are simple and quick to find. You will see and pick it from your kitchen set cabinet. The puff of pastry makes this type of pies extra simple and tasty. You will be in love with this kind of food. Add the salad ...
See details »