BEEF AND VEGETABLES IN RED WINE SAUCE
This classic can be cooked in a crock pot or a conventional oven. Either way you get a great tasting meal with minimal effort.
Provided by Noo8820
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 18
- In a large non stick pan, brown the steak in batches and place in crock pot or casserole dish. Then add the carrots, celery, mushrooms and onion.
- Combine the tomatoes, water, stock cubes, wine, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Pour into the crock pot and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 5 hours approximately If you are not using a crock pot, cover the casserole and place in a moderate oven for 1 1/2-2 hours or until beef is tender.
- Sieve the flour into a bowl; add suet, parsley, salt and pepper. Add about 3 tbsp water to make a soft but not sticky dough. With floured hands roll dough into 8 balls.
- Add the dumplings 30-40 minutes before the end of cooking time and cook on a high setting.
- On completion of cooking, thicken the sauce with gravy granules if desired (or needed) for a rich beefy flavour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 708.6, Fat 46.2, SaturatedFat 20.1, Cholesterol 111.7, Sodium 617.6, Carbohydrate 31.8, Fiber 2.9, Sugar 4.6, Protein 32.8
FILLET OF BEEF IN RED WINE SAUCE
Provided by Bryan Miller And Pierre Franey
Categories dinner, easy, quick, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Season fillets with salt and pepper to taste. Place one tablespoon of butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. When butter melts, add fillets and cook for 3 to 4 minutes a side, depending on desired doneness. Remove and keep warm.
- Remove half of fat from pan and add shallots. Cook over low heat for about 2 minutes. Add wine, bay leaf, thyme and tomato paste. Increase heat to medium high, and stir. Reduce liquid to about 1/3 cup. Strain sauce through a fine sieve into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, remove from heat and stir in remaining butter.
- Place fillets on warm serving plates. Divide sauce over four portions. Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper.
BEEF FILLET WITH RED WINE SAUCE
Luxuriously tender meat, soaked in a herby, garlicky marinade makes for a mouthwatering main course, fit for a feast
Provided by Marcus Wareing
Categories Dinner, Lunch, Main course, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Put the beef in a container just big enough to fit snugly. Mix the marinade ingredients in a bowl and tip over the beef. Cover and chill, turning and basting as often as possible. Leave for 24-72 hrs.
- Pour the Port and wine into a large pan and simmer until reduced to a glaze. - this will take about 20 mins. Heat the oil in a separate large pan and, when almost smoking, add the beef scraps and cook until dark golden. Add the shallots, garlic, peppercorns and herbs. Fry for a few mins until starting to brown, then add the reduced alcohol and stock. Bring to a simmer and cook for 25 mins. Strain into a clean pan, then simmer for 8-10 mins until thickened. Season to taste and chill until needed.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Remove the fillet from the marinade and brush off the herbs, reserving them and the garlic for later. Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan. When almost smoking, add the fillet, season with 2 tsp salt and fry for 5-7 mins, turning every so often.
- Add the butter, cube by cube, and - when foaming - baste the fillet, turning regularly. When the fillet is caramelised, put in a roasting tin with the reserved herbs and garlic, and cook in the oven for 8-12 mins, turning every 4 mins and basting. To check that the beef is done, insert a probe thermometer into the centre - it should read 55-60C for medium rare. Transfer to a board, wrap loosely in foil and rest for 20 mins.
- Return the tin to the oven until the butter is hot. Before serving, roll the fillet in it. Serve with the sauce, croquettes, carrots and garlic.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 636 calories, Fat 42 grams fat, SaturatedFat 14 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 5 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 4 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 39 grams protein, Sodium 1.8 milligram of sodium
BEEF STEW WITH RED WINE & VEGETABLES
This recipe hails from Oz (via about.com)- it certainly caught my eye as being the comfort food I want with our cold weather; using primarily items from our freezer/pantry. Will use dried marjoram if ours has died back to ground. Will opt for crimini or standard white 'shrooms & augment with my dried shitakes (they are chewy after reconstituting). After deglazing the pan I plan to put it all in my Dutch oven & bake until just right (more efficiently uses the heat from our propane than on the stovetop). Will serve with fresh ciabatta bread (Recipe#29100 - How embarrassing, this is my "go-to" ciabatta recipe & I have never reviewed it! It's awesome!) & braised kale.
Provided by Busters friend
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Place flour in mixing bowl. Season with 1/2 tsp of salt and pepper.
- Melt butter and 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large, heavy-based sauce pan over a medium-high heat.
- Working in batches, coat beef with flour, then add it to the saucepan and brown it on all sides. Use a slotted spoon to transfer browned beef to a plate. Set aside.
- Add a another 2 tablespoons of oil to the saucepan and add the onions; sauté until tender and translucent for about 5 minutes.
- Mix in the tomato paste, then wine. Bring to the boil, scraping up any browned bits. Add the beef stock, sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, then beef and any juices that may have collected.
- Bring to boil then reduce heat to very low. Cover saucepan with a lid but leave the lid open just a sliver. Simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- After this time, turn up the heat to medium and add the potatoes. Simmer for 25 minutes.
- Add carrots; turn heat down to low, cover pot and simmer until for 15 minutes. Add mushrooms and marjoram; simmer for another 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 586, Fat 22.7, SaturatedFat 7.9, Cholesterol 110, Sodium 691.3, Carbohydrate 46, Fiber 6.8, Sugar 9.6, Protein 37.6
BEEF IN RED WINE WITH MELTING ONIONS
Beef skirt and shin are great value cuts, and become particularly delicious when slow-cooked in this one-pot dish - ideal for no-fuss family dinners
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Dinner, Lunch, Main course, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat oven to 150C/130C fan/gas 2. In a large, heavy-based flameproof casserole dish with a lid, melt the butter over a medium heat. Add the onions and garlic, cook for 10 mins until starting to brown, then transfer to a small plate.
- Put the flour in a large plastic food bag with plenty of black pepper. Add half the beef, shake to coat, then remove, leaving some flour in the bag. Add the rest of the beef and shake to coat in the remaining flour.
- Heat the oil in the same casserole dish you cooked the onions in (there's no need to clean it first). Add the beef and bay leaves, and fry until the meat is browned all over. Pour in the wine and return the onions to the dish. Add the tomato purée and stock, stir and return to a simmer. Cover with the lid and put in the oven to stew for 1 hr.
- After 1 hr, add the mushrooms and return to the oven for another hour. Taste the meat - if it's tender, remove from the oven. If it's still a little firm, cook for 30 mins more and test again. Serve scattered with parsley, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 360 calories, Fat 19 grams fat, SaturatedFat 7 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 15 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 5 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 20 grams protein, Sodium 0.4 milligram of sodium
RED WINE FLAVORED BEEF
Easy to do beef entree in a slow cooker.
Provided by THUNDERSTRUCK625
Categories Everyday Cooking
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Place the red wine, water, and beef roast in a slow cooker. Season with dry onion soup mix.
- Cover, and cook 5 hours on Low.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 759.8 calories, Carbohydrate 1.9 g, Cholesterol 158.8 mg, Fat 61.9 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 40.7 g, SaturatedFat 26.5 g, Sodium 272.3 mg, Sugar 0.3 g
RED WINE REDUCTION SAUCE
After going to one of my favorite steak houses and having a similar sauce, I needed to learn how to make it; it's delish! You gotta try it.
Provided by Desiree.Christian
Categories Side Dish Sauces and Condiments Recipes Sauce Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook shallot in hot oil until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Pour wine into saucepan; cook, stirring regularly, until reduced in volume by half, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir beef broth with the wine. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook at a simmer until slightly reduced, about 5 minutes. Stir butter and Italian seasoning into the sauce; cook until butter is completely melted, 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 151.5 calories, Carbohydrate 4.4 g, Cholesterol 7.6 mg, Fat 9.9 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 1.2 g, SaturatedFat 2.9 g, Sodium 221.8 mg, Sugar 0.8 g
More about "beef and vegetables in red wine sauce recipes"
BRAISED BEEF RECIPE WITH RED WINE & VEGETABLES - GREAT ...
Servings 6Estimated Reading Time 2 minsCategory Main
BEEF AND VEGETABLES IN RED WINE SAUCE RECIPE
Servings 4Calories 389 per servingTotal Time 40 mins
BEEF STEW WITH RED WINE - RECIPE GIRL
EASY BEEF STEW WITH RED WINE RECIPE - COOK WITH CAMPBELLS ...
BEEF AND WINE RECIPES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
BEEF AND VEGETABLES IN RED WINE SAUCE - BEYONDMEALS.COM
BEEF STEW IN RED WINE SAUCE RECIPE - JACQUES PéPIN | …
BEEF AND ROOT VEGETABLES BRAISED IN RED WINE - LIDIA
BEEF AND VEGETABLES IN RED WINE SAUCE - BIGOVEN.COM
BEEF AND VEGETABLES IN RED WINE SAUCE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
SLOW COOKER BEEF AND VEGETABLES IN RED WINE SAUCE
VIDEORECIPE HEALTHY SLOW COOKED BEEF CHEEKS IN RED WINE SAUCE
BRAISED BEEF SHORT RIBS IN RED WINE SAUCE | RECIPETIN EATS
BRAISED BEEF IN RED WINE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
SLOW COOKER BEEF AND VEGETABLES IN RED WINE SAUCE - THE ...
BEEF WITH RED WINE SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BEEF AND VEGETABLES IN RED WINE SAUCE RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
BEEF AND VEGETABLES IN RED WINE SAUCE RECIPE
SLOW COOKER ROAST BEEF WITH RED WINE RECIPES - YUMMLY
RECIPE: BEEF WITH VEGETABLES IN RED WINE STEP BY STEP WITH ...
BEEF STEW IN RED WINE - LEMON BLOSSOMS
ROAST BEEF TENDERLOIN WITH RED WINE SAUCE - ONCE UPON A CHEF
RED WINE BRAISED BEEF AND VEGETABLE STEW RECIPE ...
BASIC RED WINE SAUCE FOR BEEF OR LAMB RECIPE
RED WINE BRAISED BEEF - THE WINE LOVER'S KITCHEN
CURTIS STONE | BRAISED BEEF STEW WITH RED WINE AND VEGETABLES
RECIPETHING - BEEF AND VEGETABLES IN RED WINE SAUCE
ROASTED BEEF TENDERLOIN WITH ROOT VEGETABLES AND RED WINE ...
BEEF AND VEGETABLES IN RED WINE SAUCE - RECIPEJUNGLE
SLOW COOKED BEEF CHEEKS IN RED WINE SAUCE | RECIPETIN EATS
BEEF STEW W/ RED WINE | STOVE TOP & INSTANT POT ...
RECIPE: BEEF AND VEGETABLES IN RED WINE SAUCE
THE DUTCH OVEN BEEF STEW WITH RED WINE YOU'LL CRAVE ...
BEEF FILETS & RED WINE SAUCE & ROASTED VEGGIE FRIES RECIPE
SLOW-COOKER ROAST BEEF WITH RED WINE SAUCE + ALTERNATE ...
BEEF ROAST WITH ROOT VEGETABLES AND RED WINE SAUCE RECIPE ...
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #main-dish #beef #vegetables #french #easy #european #beginner-cook #one-dish-meal #comfort-food #inexpensive #meat #taste-mood #savory #presentation #served-hot #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love