BEEF FONDUE WITH SAUCES
When my husband was stationed in England in the mid-1960s, I traveled to Switzerland and purchased two copper fondue pots. I've used them countless times to make this meat fondue since then. -Margaret Inman, Fort Pierce, Florida
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings (1/2 cup of each sauce).
Number Of Ingredients 19
- In three separate bowls, combine the curry sauce, mustard sauce and onion-horseradish sauce ingredients. Pat meat dry with paper towels. , Heat oil in a fondue pot to 375°. Use fondue forks to cook meat in oil until it reaches desired doneness. Serve with sauces.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 748 calories, Fat 68g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 70mg cholesterol, Sodium 691mg sodium, Carbohydrate 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 25g protein.
BEEF BOURGUIGNONNE FONDUE WITH HORSERADISH SAUCE
Another Classic Fondue Dish that our 1970's fondue parties weren't complete without. We would add shrimp, whole mushrooms and other vegetables to this fondue and add additional sauces that our classic fondue plates had little wells for.
Provided by Marsha Gardner
Number Of Ingredients 10
- 1. SAUCE: Mix together sour cream, horseradish and lemon juice. Chill until serving time.
- 2. Heat oil and butter together in a fondue pot and allow guest to cook meat to their own preference: 20 seconds for rare and about 1 minute for well done.
- 3. Serve with sauce for dipping.
This lighter version of fondue Bourguignonne pan-sears the meat as opposed to the traditional method of frying beef cubes in oil. You can substitute chicken or peeled shrimp for the beef and cook it in the same way until cooked through. Serve with a red wine, such as Burgundy.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Toss beef with oil to coat. Heat a 12-inch skillet over high heat. Season half the beef with half the salt and pepper; transfer to skillet (don't crowd the pan). Sear beef, without turning, 2 minutes. Flip and cook until medium-rare, about 2 minutes more. Transfer to a bowl. Repeat with remaining beef, salt, and pepper. Serve with roasted vegetables and sauces.
- Prepare the meat; trim away any fat and cut into 2 5 cm (1-inch) cubes.
- Dry the meat on kitchen paper and divide between four or five small dishes.
- Heat the oil in the fondue pot to the correct temperature of 190°C/375°F.
- Test by dropping a small cube of bread into the oil-it should turn brown in less than a minute.
- If the oil is too hot and smoking, allow it to cool slightly.
- Carefully transfer the fondue pan to its lighted spirit stove to keep hot.
- Drop in the bay leaf and garlic, for extra flavouring.
- Each person cooks the cubes of meat, in the oil until done to the individual's taste.
- Transfer the meat from the fondue fork onto an eating fork and dip into a sauce.
- Offer a selection of sauces to dip the meat, curry sauce, garlic mayonnaise, pepper sauce, mustard sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1624.5, Fat 162.9, SaturatedFat 37.6, Cholesterol 159.3, Sodium 141.2, Carbohydrate 0.3, Protein 40.7
FONDUE BOURGUIGNONNE - BEEF FONDUE
This is an easy and fun meal to serve! The sauces don't take much time to make nor the beef bouillon which can also be used for game meats.
Provided by Francine Lizotte
Number Of Ingredients 16
- 1. To make the beef bouillon... In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add oil and when hot, add onions; sauté for 1 minute. Add garlic and cook for 1 ½ minutes. Pour in beef broth and red wine; stir well. Add Worcestershire sauce, onion soup mix, soy sauce, rosemary and black pepper. Bring mixture to a gentle simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Before transferring the bouillon in the fondue pot, taste and adjust if necessary.
- 2. To view this recipe on YouTube, click on this link >>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6ktHRE7yUc
- 3. Here are a dozen of sauces to chose from... CHILI ½ cup chili sauce ¼ cup mayonnaise ¼ cup sour cream ½ tsp. fresh ginger, minced HORSERADISH ¼ cup sour cream ¼ cup Miracle Whip 1 tbsp. horseradish 1 tbsp. Dijon DIJONNAISE SAUCE ¼ cup Dijonnaise ¼ cup sour cream 1 tbsp. prepared yellow mustard JAPANESE SAUCE 3 tbsp. kewpi mayonnaise 3 tbsp. sour cream ½ tsp. wasabi paste, or to taste ¼ tsp. ponzu 1 tsp. chives ROSE SAUCE ¼ cup mayonnaise 2 tbsp. ketchup ¼ tsp. dry mustard or garlic salt ONION 1 envelope onion soup mix 12 ounces sour cream DIABLO 1 tbsp. oil ½ cup white onions, finely chopped 2 large cloves garlic, pressed 1 cup ketchup 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce 1 tsp. white vinegar In a saucepan over medium heat, add oil and when hot, add onions and garlic; sauté for 5 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients, stir well and simmer for 2-3 minutes. CHEESE SAUCE ¼ cup mayo 3 tbsp. milk ½ cup Cheddar cheese, grated ½ tsp. Cholula In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, combine all the ingredients. Stir until the cheese is all melted. CURRY SAUCE ¼ cup mayonnaise ¼ cup sour cream 1 ½ tbsp. curry powder ¼ tsp. garlic powder CHUTNEY SAUCE ½ cup mayo ¼ cup chutney 2 tsp. prepared yellow mustard SIMPLE CHILI ½ cup chili sauce ½ cup mayonnaise BBQ SAUCE ¼ cup mayonnaise ¼ cup sour cream 3 tbsp. BBQ sauce of your choice
- Heat oil in a fondue pot or 2-quart saucepan until very hot (375 degrees). While oil is heating, cut beef and chicken, toss with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Combine pork with garlic, shallots, egg yolk and mustard and form into tiny meat balls. Decoratively arrange meats, meatballs and potatoes on a large platter, or on 4 individual plates. Arrange sauces in individual dipping bowls or plates. Place fondue pot of oil in center of table over a small candle or sterno, and adjust flame so that it bubbles but does not sputter when meat is added. Spear meat, meatball or potato on long forks, place in pot and cook 20 to 30 seconds until crispy. Remove meat from fork before eating -- fork will be burning hot. You can use wooden skewers instead of long forks for cooking, if you wish.
More about "beef bourguignonne fondue with horseradish sauce recipes"
CLASSIC BEEF FONDUE WITH SOUR CREAM AND HORSERADISH …
Category Cookstr RecipesEstimated Reading Time 1 min
- To make the horseradish sauce, combine the sour cream, horseradish, scallion, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Cover and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour for the flavors to blend. (The sauce can be prepared up to 1 day ahead, covered and refrigerated. Serve at room temperature.) Makes about 1 cup.
- Melt enough vegetable shortening in a metal fondue pot to come halfway up the sides. Heat on the kitchen stove over high heat until a deep-frying thermometer reads 375°F. Transfer the pot to a fondue burner with a high flame.
- Allow guests to cook their meat to their own taste. Serve with the horseradish sauce, along with any additional sauces.
BEEF FONDUE AND DIPPING SAUCES RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
4/5 (5)Category CondimentServings 8Total Time 20 mins
STEAK WITH BEEF BOURGUIGNON SAUCE RECIPE | …
5/5 (1)Total Time 29 minsServings 4Calories 241 per serving
10 BEST BEEF FONDUE DIPPING SAUCES RECIPES | YUMMLY
BROTH FONDUE - OH SO DELICIOSO
4.4/5 (5)Total Time 20 minsCategory AppetizerCalories 198 per serving
- In a fondue pot, combine all broth, garlic, water, soy sauce, bay leaf, and black pepper. Bring to a simmer.
FONDUE PARTY | THE LEMON APRON
4.3/5 (3)Category Main CourseServings 6Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
- Take each cut of meat that you have decided on, equalling about 2-3 lbs in total, and pat dry. You want to ensure that there is no excess liquids surrounding the meat, as it can cause splattering when it hits the hot oil. Cube into bite sized pieces. Aim for 3/4 inch cubes- 1 inch cubes. You want them easy to handle and guide onto your fondue forks, and not so small that they will slip off into the oil, or overcook too quickly.Also, when cubing, cut off any excess fat, as this will cause burning in the oil.
THE VERY BEST CREAMY HORSERADISH SAUCE - THE SUBURBAN SOAPBOX
Ratings 6Calories 41 per servingCategory Condiment, Sauce
- Whisk together the sour cream, horseradish, dijon, vinegar, worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and chives.
RECIPES > BEEF > HOW TO MAKE FONDUE SAUCES FOR BEEF
- GARLIC SAUCE: 1 c Sour Cream 3 Clove garlic, crushed 1 tb Chopped chives -salt and Pepper to taste.
- MUSTARD MAYONNAISE: 1 c Sour cream or mayonnaise 1/2 ts Dry mustard (or to taste) -salt and pepper to taste.
- SOUR CREAM HORSERADISH: 1 c Sour cream 3 ts Horseradish -salt and pepper -paprika HOT SAUCE: 1 c Catsup 3 ts Worcestershire sauce 3 ts Prepared mustard 3 ts Prepared horseradish For the first three mixtures, combine all ingredients.
BEEF FONDUE (FONDUE BOURGUIGNONNE) : RECIPE - GOURMETSLEUTH
Servings 6-8Total Time 43 mins
BOURGUIGNONNE BEEF FONDUE | METRO
Servings 8Total Time 30 mins
FONDUE BOURGUIGNONNE | WILLIAMS SONOMA
3/5 (1)Total Time 26 minsServings 6
BEEF FONDUE RECIPE - HAVENHILL CUISINE
Servings 4Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
FONDUE DIPPING SAUCES - THE TABLETOP COOK
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
FONDUE BOURGUIGNONNE | THE STARVING CHEF
Total Time 1 hr
BURGUNDY FONDUE | SOSCUISINE
5/5 (2)Category Main Courses/EntréesCuisine SwissCalories 540 per serving
FONDUE BOURGUIGNONNE ~ SCENES FROM NEW YEAR'S EVE - CHINDEEP
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
SAUCES FOR MEAT, FONDUES AND GRILLING - THE SPRUCE EATS
15 BEST FONDUE BOURGUIGNONNE (OIL FONDUE) IDEAS | FONDUE ...
BEEF FONDUE RECIPES
WHAT ITEMS SHOULD BE USED WITH A BEEF FONDUE? | EHOW
FONDUE HORSERADISH SAUCE RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make fondue bourguignonne with beef?Toss beef with oil to coat. Heat a 12-inch skillet over high heat. Season half the beef with half the salt and pepper; transfer to skillet (don't crowd the pan). Sear beef, without turning, 2 minutes. Flip and cook until medium-rare, about 2 minutes more. Transfer to a bowl.
How do you make beef fondue with sauce?Directions. In three separate bowls, combine the curry sauce, mustard sauce and onion-horseradish sauce ingredients. Pat meat dry with paper towels. Heat oil in a fondue pot to 375°. Use fondue forks to cook meat in oil until it reaches desired doneness. Serve with sauces.
What kind of meat is used for fondue?Join now! Beef Fondue (Fondue Bourguignonne) Beef Fondue (Fondue Bourguignonne) is made using tender, cubed pieces of beef which are cooked in a combination of butter and cooking oil then dipped in flavorful sauces.
How to make beef bourguignon sauce for steaks?Preheat oven to 500 degrees F with a cast iron skillet in the oven. Set the steaks out so they can come to room temperature. Bring the wine to a boil and reduce by half. Add the stock and thyme, return to a boil, and reduce again by half. Remove thyme from the sauce. Make a paste out of the room temperature butter and the flour.