EASY BEEF STROGANOFF
I wanted to lighten up my mother-in-law's wonderful stroganoff recipe and came up with this tasty spin. In our home, we call my easy beef stroganoff "special noodles." -Jennifer Riordan, St. Louis, Missouri
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook the beef, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Remove and keep warm., In the same pan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add broth and tomato paste. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. , Carefully return beef mixture to the pan. Add the sour cream, salt and pepper; cook and stir until heated through (do not boil). Drain noodles; serve with beef mixture. If desired, top with chopped parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 333 calories, Fat 11g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 58mg cholesterol, Sodium 329mg sodium, Carbohydrate 33g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
Make a classic beef stroganoff with steak and mushrooms for a tasty midweek meal. Garnish with parsley and serve with pappardelle pasta or rice.
Provided by Elena Silcock
Categories Dinner, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a non-stick frying pan then add 1 sliced onion and cook on a medium heat until completely softened, around 15 mins, adding a little splash of water if it starts to stick.
- Crush in 1 garlic clove and cook for 2-3 mins more, then add 1 tbsp butter.
- Once the butter is foaming a little, add 250g sliced mushrooms and cook for around 5 mins until completely softened.
- Season everything well, then tip onto a plate.
- Tip 1 tbsp plain flour into a bowl with a big pinch of salt and pepper, then toss 500g sliced fillet steak in the seasoned flour.
- Add the steak pieces to the pan, splashing in a little oil if the pan looks dry, and fry for 3-4 mins, until well coloured.
- Tip the onions and mushrooms back into the pan. Whisk 150g crème fraîche, 1 tsp English mustard and 100ml beef stock together, then stir into the pan.
- Cook over a medium heat for around 5 mins.
- Scatter with some chopped parsley, and serve with pappardelle or rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 438 calories, Fat 31 grams fat, SaturatedFat 17 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 8 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 3 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 30 grams protein, Sodium 0.5 milligram of sodium
CLASSIC BEEF STROGANOFF
Prep these beef stroganoff ingredients, cover the pot, and go! Simmering and braising beef stroganoff for a long time at a low temperature yields extra-intense flavor with little effort. The method is super convenient; whether you use a slow cooker or the oven for your beef stroganoff, you won't have to tend to the pot.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, toss beef, onion, and mushrooms with 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt and teaspoon pepper. Cover, and cook on low until meat is tender, about 8 hours (or on high for 6 hours).
- In a 2-cup glass measuring cup, whisk cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water. Ladle 1 cup cooking liquid into measuring cup; whisk to combine. Pour into a small saucepan, and bring to a boil; cook until thickened, about 1 minute. With slow cooker turned off, stir in cornstarch mixture, then sour cream and mustard. Serve beef over noodles; sprinkle with dill, if desired.
BEST BEEF STROGANOFF
My mom made this beef stroganoff weekly when I was younger. I don't have the same metabolism I did then, but it's still the best $%#&* beef stroganoff I have ever had. I just want to thank everyone for all the wonderful reviews and ideas, I too now add a splash of Worcestershire sauce! Thanks again!
Provided by Bri22
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Sauté onion and garlic in butter over medium heat.
- Stir in ground beef and brown stir in flour, salt, mushrooms, and pepper cook 5 minutes, then stir in soup. Simmer uncovered 10 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream until heated. Serve over noodles.
BEEF STROGANOFF III
- Remove any fat and gristle from the roast and cut into strips 1/2 inch thick by 2 inches long. Season with 1/2 teaspoon of both salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and brown the beef strips quickly, then push the beef strips off to one side. Add the onions and cook slowly for 3 to 5 minutes, then push to the side with the beef strips.
- Stir the flour into the juices on the empty side of the pan. Pour in beef broth and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Lower the heat and stir in mustard. Cover and simmer for 1 hour or until the meat is tender.
- Five minutes before serving, stir in the mushrooms, sour cream, and white wine. Heat briefly then salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 303.5 calories, Carbohydrate 5.7 g, Cholesterol 82.8 mg, Fat 23 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 16.6 g, SaturatedFat 12.2 g, Sodium 619.5 mg, Sugar 0.7 g
CLASSIC BEEF STROGANOFF
With its tender chunks of beef coated in a luscious creamy sauce and served over a bed of buttery noodles, it's no wonder Beef Stroganoff is such a hit. With all that flavor, you might assume it's a complicated dish, but it's actually quite the opposite. This from-scratch recipe can be made in well under an hour and with only 20 minutes of hands-on time, since it's really all about the simmer. (The key to transforming the beef into succulent morsels of mouthwatering meat.) So when you want to impress the family but don't have all day to do it-this one's a guaranteed hit!
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Cut beef across grain into about 1 1/2x1/2-inch strips.
- Cook mushrooms, onions and garlic in butter in 10-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until onions are tender; remove from skillet.
- Cook beef in same skillet until brown. Stir in 1 cup of the broth, the salt and Worcestershire sauce. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir remaining 1/2 cup broth into flour; stir into beef mixture. Add onion mixture; heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in sour cream; heat until hot (do not boil). Serve over noodles.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 435, Carbohydrate 31 g, Cholesterol 115 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 2 g, Protein 28 g, SaturatedFat 10 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 620 mg
This Russian dish has been around for several centuries, but it wasn't until the fifties that it became all the rage in the United States (despite our fear of Communism). Here is a delicious rendition that pays tribute to the "gourmet" chafing-dish dinner party. Now, as then, beef stroganoff is a good thing to cook in front of a small crowd.
Yield Makes 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Pat meat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat oil in heavy large skillet over high heat until very hot. Working in batches, add meat in single layer and cook just until brown on outside, about 1 minute per side. Transfer to rimmed baking sheet.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped shallots and sauté until tender, scraping up browned bits, about 2 minutes. Add button mushrooms. Sprinkle with pepper and sauté until liquid evaporates, about 12 minutes. Add beef broth, then Cognac. Simmer until liquid thickens and just coats mushrooms, about 14 minutes. Stir in crème fraîche and Dijon mustard. Add meat and any accumulated juices from baking sheet. Simmer over medium-low heat until meat is heated through but still medium-rare, about 2 minutes. Stir in chopped dill. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles in large pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain. Transfer to bowl. Add remaining 4 tablespoons butter and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Divide noodles among plates. Top with beef and sauce. Sprinkle generously with paprika.
You'd never guess this creamy, full-flavored Stroganoff is actually light! It's very meaty and features a thick tomato sauce that makes it look so impressive.-Rebecca Baird, Salt Lake City, Utah
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In a large nonstick skillet or Dutch oven, brown beef in batches in 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and garlic in remaining oil until tender., Return meat to the pan. Sprinkle with flour, basil, salt and pepper; stir until blended. Add the broth, apple juice, tomato paste and Worcestershire sauce. Cook and stir over medium-low heat for 8-10 minutes or until meat is tender. Stir in sour cream and nutmeg until blended (do not boil). Serve over noodles. Garnish with basil if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 343 calories, Fat 14g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 73mg cholesterol, Sodium 583mg sodium, Carbohydrate 22g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
THE BEST BEEF STROGANOFF
We used a marbled, tender piece of ribeye as the star of this comfort food classic. Two kinds of mushrooms are cooked until crispy to add an extra element of flavor. The whole dish is brought together with a rich, tangy sauce made with sour cream and Dijon and served over egg noodles.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Season the beef with 1 teaspoon salt and a generous amount of freshly ground black pepper. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook, untouched, until starting to turn brown in some spots, about 1 minute. Use tongs to flip the pieces and continue cooking until deep golden brown but still undercooked in the center, about 1 minute (the beef will finish cooking in the sauce). Transfer the beef to a bowl and return the skillet to the stovetop on medium-high.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter to the skillet. Add the onion and 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring occasionally to scrape up the browned bits in the pan, until the onions are softened, 4 to 5 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons butter, the button mushrooms, shiitakes and thyme and cook, stirring occasionally scraping up any browned bits, until the mushrooms have released some liquid and are starting to crisp up, 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Pour in the wine and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer until evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables and stir until incorporated. Fold in the sour cream, Dijon, Worcestershire sauce and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Pour in the beef broth and stir until smooth. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, while the sauce reduces, cook the egg noodles according to the package directions for al dente. Drain and toss with the remaining 2 tablespoons butter, the chopped parsley and chives.
- Fold the beef and any accumulated juices from the bowl into the sauce and cook, stirring occasionally, until the beef is cooked through but still slightly pink on the inside, about 1 minute.
- Divide the noodles between 4 bowls and top with the sauce and beef. Sprinkle with more chives, if desired.
More about "beef stroganoff recipes"
THE BEST BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPE! | GIMME SOME OVEN
4.8/5 (144)Total Time 30 minsServings 4-6
- Cook egg noodles in a large stockpot of generously-salted water until they are al dente, according to package instructions, then drain. (For optimal timing, I recommend adding the egg noodles to the boiling water at the same time that you begin Step 4, listed below.)
- Meanwhile, as your pasta water is coming to a boil, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the steak in a single layer, seasoned with a few generous pinches of salt and pepper, and let it cook undisturbed for about 3 minutes to get a good sear. Flip the steak, and cook on the other side until browned, another 2-3 minutes. Then remove steak from pan with a slotted spoon, transfer to a clean plate, and set aside. (If your pan is not big enough to fit all of the steak in a single layer, cook half of the steak in 1 tablespoon of butter. Then repeat with a second batch.)
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons butter to the sauté pan. Once it has melted, add the onions and sauté for about 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and sauté for an additional 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the mushrooms are cooked and the onions are soft. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Then add the white wine and deglaze the pan by using your cooking spoon to scrape the brown bits off the bottom of the pan. Let the mixture cook down for an additional 3 minutes.
- While the wine cooks down, whisk together the beef stock, Worcestershire sauce and flour until smooth in a separate bowl. Pour the beef stock mixture into the sauté pan, stir to combine, then let the mixture simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the Greek yogurt (or sour cream) and cooked steak in until combined. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
BEEF STROGANOFF | RECIPETIN EATS
5/5 (265)Total Time 30 minsCategory MainCalories 586 per serving
- Use your fist (or rolling pin or mallet) to flatten the steaks to about 3/4cm / 1/3" thick. Slice into 5mm / 1/5" strips (cut long ones in half), discarding excess fat.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large skillet over high heat. Scatter half the beef in the skillet, QUICKLY spread it with tongs. Leave untouched for 30 seconds until browned. Turn beef quickly (as best you can!). Leave untouched for 30 seconds to brown. Immediately remove onto a plate. Don't worry about pink bits and that it will be raw inside.
BEEF STROGANOFF - RECIPES - HAIRY BIKERS
Servings 4Total Time 45 mins See details »
EASY BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER BEEF RECIPES
Servings 4Total Time 25 minsCategory MainsCalories 344 per serving See details »
BEEF STROGANOFF - CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
4.1/5 (52)Total Time 30 minsServings 4Calories 485 per serving See details »
SLOW COOKER BEEF STROGANOFF | RICARDO
5/5 (113)Category Main DishesServings 4Total Time 4 hrs 30 mins See details »
BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPE - RACHEL SOSZYNSKI | FOOD & WINE
5/5 Total Time 35 minsServings 4
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil until shimmering. Add the mushrooms and cook over moderately high heat until softened, about 3 minutes. Season the mushrooms with salt and pepper and cook for 1 minute longer. Transfer the mushrooms to a bowl.
- Generously season the steak with salt and pepper. Toss the steak with the flour until evenly coated; gently tap off the excess. Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil in the skillet. Add the steak slices, without touching, and cook until richly browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer the steak to the bowl with the mushrooms. Add the wine to the skillet and stir to scrape up the browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Add the wine to the mushrooms and steak.
- In the same skillet, melt the butter until bubbling. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Return the contents of the bowl to the skillet. Stir in the stock and Worcestershire sauce and simmer over moderate heat until the pan juices thicken slightly, about 7 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the sour cream, thyme and parsley. Season the stroganoff with salt and pepper and serve over fettuccine or egg noodles.
BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPE (VIDEO) - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
5/5 (175)Calories 689 per servingCategory Easy
- Place a large deep pan or dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add 2 Tbsp oil and once oil is very hot, add thinly sliced beef strips in a single layer, cooking 1 minute per side without stirring. Cook until just browned and no longer red. Sear beef in 2 batches so you don't overcrowd the pan. Remove beef to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add 2 Tbsp butter, chopped onion and sliced mushrooms. Sautee 6-8 minutes or until liquid has evaporated and onions and mushrooms are soft and lightly browned.
- Add 1 minced garlic clove and sautee 1 minute until fragrant. Add 1 Tbsp flour and sautee another minute stirring constantly.
- Pour in 1 cups beef broth, scraping any bits from the bottom of the pan then add 3/4 cup whipping cream and simmer another 1 to 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
OLD FASHIONED BEEF STROGANOFF - THESTAYATHOMECHEF.COM
4.9/5 (35)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main Course, Main DishCalories 694 per serving
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium high heat. Add in onions and mushrooms and saute until tender, about 7 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Without cleaning the skillet, add in butter and let melt over medium high heat. Add in steak slices and cook until browned, 4 to 5 minutes.
WORLD'S BEST BEEF STROGANOFF WITH SOUR CREAM - MODERN CRUMB
Reviews 86Calories 431 per servingCategory Dinner See details »
EASY BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE BEEF STROGANOFF ...
5/5 (5)Category Main DishServings 6Total Time 35 mins
- Season the steak with salt and pepper, then heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium high heat.
- Remove and set all the meat aside. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil to the pan and add the onion, carrots, and mushrooms.
BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPE - JESSICA GAVIN
Ratings 28Calories 356 per servingCategory Entree
- Once the oil is hot add the beef slices in a single layer, sear for 3 minutes to lightly brown the surface, stir and cook another 2 minutes.
QUICK & EASY BEEF STROGANOFF - SPEND WITH PENNIES
5/5 (153)Calories 453 per servingCategory Beef, Dinner, Main Course
- Heat olive oil over medium high heat in a saucepan. Brown beef in small batches until lightly browned, about 1 minute on each side. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add mushrooms & garlic and cook until softened, about 4 minutes more. Stir in 2 tablespoons of flour and cook 1 minute.
HOMEMADE BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
Ratings 89Calories 634 per servingCategory Dinner, Comfort Food, Beef, Stroganoff See details »
EASY HOMEMADE BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPE - PAULA DEEN
Servings 4Total Time 5 mins See details »
CLASSIC BEEF STROGANOFF WITH SOUR CREAM RECIPE
Ratings 259Calories 536 per servingCategory Entree, Dinner See details »
BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
See details »
STROGANOFF RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
See details »
BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
See details »
#course #main-ingredient #preparation #main-dish #beef #crock-pot-slow-cooker #dietary #high-protein #low-carb #high-in-something #low-in-something #meat #equipment
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What's the best way to make beef stroganoff?While the noodles are cooking, season the beef with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook until well browned, stirring often. Remove the beef from the skillet. Pour off any fat. Reduce the heat to medium. Add the onion to the skillet and cook until lightly browned.
Can you keep Stroganoff in a slow cooker?You can keep beef stroganoff waiting for a few hours thanks to the "warm" function on most slow cookers, without changing its taste, texture or appearance. If you plan to make lunch with leftover beef stroganoff, add yogurt only to the portion you will eat during the meal.
How do you cook Stroganoff in a frying pan?In a large frying pan over a medium-low heat, fry the onion and garlic in a little oil until softened. Turn up the heat and add the mushrooms and butter, sautéing until the mushrooms are golden brown, then tip onto a plate
How long do you cook beef stroganoff noodles?Layer the cooled noodles and beef mixture in a 13x9x2-inch baking pan, wrap tightly and freeze. From frozen, bake, covered, at 350°F for 50 minutes. Or, thaw in the refrigerator, bake, covered, for 35 minutes. Top with the optional parsley before serving, if desired. Cook and drain the noodles according to the package directions.