CLASSIC BEEF STROGANOFF
With its tender chunks of beef coated in a luscious creamy sauce and served over a bed of buttery noodles, it's no wonder Beef Stroganoff is such a hit. With all that flavor, you might assume it's a complicated dish, but it's actually quite the opposite. This from-scratch recipe can be made in well under an hour and with only 20 minutes of hands-on time, since it's really all about the simmer. (The key to transforming the beef into succulent morsels of mouthwatering meat.) So when you want to impress the family but don't have all day to do it-this one's a guaranteed hit!
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Cut beef across grain into about 1 1/2x1/2-inch strips.
- Cook mushrooms, onions and garlic in butter in 10-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until onions are tender; remove from skillet.
- Cook beef in same skillet until brown. Stir in 1 cup of the broth, the salt and Worcestershire sauce. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir remaining 1/2 cup broth into flour; stir into beef mixture. Add onion mixture; heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in sour cream; heat until hot (do not boil). Serve over noodles.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 435, Carbohydrate 31 g, Cholesterol 115 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 2 g, Protein 28 g, SaturatedFat 10 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 620 mg
THE BEST BEEF STROGANOFF
We used a marbled, tender piece of ribeye as the star of this comfort food classic. Two kinds of mushrooms are cooked until crispy to add an extra element of flavor. The whole dish is brought together with a rich, tangy sauce made with sour cream and Dijon and served over egg noodles.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Season the beef with 1 teaspoon salt and a generous amount of freshly ground black pepper. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook, untouched, until starting to turn brown in some spots, about 1 minute. Use tongs to flip the pieces and continue cooking until deep golden brown but still undercooked in the center, about 1 minute (the beef will finish cooking in the sauce). Transfer the beef to a bowl and return the skillet to the stovetop on medium-high.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter to the skillet. Add the onion and 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring occasionally to scrape up the browned bits in the pan, until the onions are softened, 4 to 5 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons butter, the button mushrooms, shiitakes and thyme and cook, stirring occasionally scraping up any browned bits, until the mushrooms have released some liquid and are starting to crisp up, 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Pour in the wine and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer until evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables and stir until incorporated. Fold in the sour cream, Dijon, Worcestershire sauce and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Pour in the beef broth and stir until smooth. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, while the sauce reduces, cook the egg noodles according to the package directions for al dente. Drain and toss with the remaining 2 tablespoons butter, the chopped parsley and chives.
- Fold the beef and any accumulated juices from the bowl into the sauce and cook, stirring occasionally, until the beef is cooked through but still slightly pink on the inside, about 1 minute.
- Divide the noodles between 4 bowls and top with the sauce and beef. Sprinkle with more chives, if desired.
CLASSIC BEEF STROGANOFF
Prep these beef stroganoff ingredients, cover the pot, and go! Simmering and braising beef stroganoff for a long time at a low temperature yields extra-intense flavor with little effort. The method is super convenient; whether you use a slow cooker or the oven for your beef stroganoff, you won't have to tend to the pot.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, toss beef, onion, and mushrooms with 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt and teaspoon pepper. Cover, and cook on low until meat is tender, about 8 hours (or on high for 6 hours).
- In a 2-cup glass measuring cup, whisk cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water. Ladle 1 cup cooking liquid into measuring cup; whisk to combine. Pour into a small saucepan, and bring to a boil; cook until thickened, about 1 minute. With slow cooker turned off, stir in cornstarch mixture, then sour cream and mustard. Serve beef over noodles; sprinkle with dill, if desired.
BEEF STROGANOFF III
- Remove any fat and gristle from the roast and cut into strips 1/2 inch thick by 2 inches long. Season with 1/2 teaspoon of both salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and brown the beef strips quickly, then push the beef strips off to one side. Add the onions and cook slowly for 3 to 5 minutes, then push to the side with the beef strips.
- Stir the flour into the juices on the empty side of the pan. Pour in beef broth and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Lower the heat and stir in mustard. Cover and simmer for 1 hour or until the meat is tender.
- Five minutes before serving, stir in the mushrooms, sour cream, and white wine. Heat briefly then salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 303.5 calories, Carbohydrate 5.7 g, Cholesterol 82.8 mg, Fat 23 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 16.6 g, SaturatedFat 12.2 g, Sodium 619.5 mg, Sugar 0.7 g
THICK & CREAMY BEEF STROGANOFF
This is wonderful when you have family that is always late. You can put almost anything you have in your kitchen in it and it will still come out okay. Can also be made by putting all ingredients in crock pot on low for at least 8 hrs.
Provided by Sara C
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat butter in large skillet.
- Add stew meat, cook on med heat until browned stirring often.
- Take meat out of skillet and set aside.
- Add onion and saute in the butter until almost clear.
- Add mushrooms, and cook until onion is clear.
- Put meat back into pan, add cream of mushroom soup, wine, worstichire sauce, garlic and pepper.
- Stir constantly until soup turns to liquid.
- Decrease heat to Low, cover and simmer.
- This can simmer for 10 min to 4 hrs depending on taste.
- You can add flour to thicken it or milk to thin it out as needed.
- When almost finished at half of the tub of sour cream.
- Serve over cooked egg noodles with the remainder of the sour cream as a topping.
EASY BEEF STROGANOFF
I wanted to lighten up my mother-in-law's wonderful stroganoff recipe and came up with this tasty spin. In our home, we call my easy beef stroganoff "special noodles." -Jennifer Riordan, St. Louis, Missouri
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook the beef, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Remove and keep warm., In the same pan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add broth and tomato paste. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. , Carefully return beef mixture to the pan. Add the sour cream, salt and pepper; cook and stir until heated through (do not boil). Drain noodles; serve with beef mixture. If desired, top with chopped parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 333 calories, Fat 11g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 58mg cholesterol, Sodium 329mg sodium, Carbohydrate 33g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
GROUND BEEF STROGANOFF
This Ground Beef Stroganoff brings fall comfort food to your table in just 30 minutes. Start with your favorite ground beef and bring the flavor with mushrooms, onions, garlic and spices. Stir broth with Gold Medal™ Flour to create a sauce and then blend into your beef mixture for that creamy stroganoff texture everyone will love. Pour onto your cooked egg noodles and serve to what will soon be a very full and happy family.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Cook mushrooms, onions and garlic in butter 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Remove from skillet to small bowl; set aside.
- Increase heat to medium-high. In same skillet, cook beef 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until no longer pink; drain. Stir in 1 cup of the beef broth, the Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; heat to boiling. Beat flour and remaining 1/2 cup beef broth with whisk until incorporated; stir into beef mixture. Add mushroom mixture; return to boiling, and stir constantly about 1 minute or until mixture thickens. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream.
- Serve with cooked egg noodles. Garnish with parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 380, Carbohydrate 38 g, Cholesterol 90 mg, Fat 2 1/2, Fiber 2 g, Protein 17 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 670 mg, Sugar 3 g, TransFat 1/2 g
You'd never guess this creamy, full-flavored Stroganoff is actually light! It's very meaty and features a thick tomato sauce that makes it look so impressive.-Rebecca Baird, Salt Lake City, Utah
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In a large nonstick skillet or Dutch oven, brown beef in batches in 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and garlic in remaining oil until tender., Return meat to the pan. Sprinkle with flour, basil, salt and pepper; stir until blended. Add the broth, apple juice, tomato paste and Worcestershire sauce. Cook and stir over medium-low heat for 8-10 minutes or until meat is tender. Stir in sour cream and nutmeg until blended (do not boil). Serve over noodles. Garnish with basil if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 343 calories, Fat 14g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 73mg cholesterol, Sodium 583mg sodium, Carbohydrate 22g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
AWARD WINNING BEEF STROGANOFF
Beef Stroganoff is a recipe that has been around for a long time. I have seen several recipes for stroganoff that are similar and are equally delicious. However, I have come up with a modified version of the original Beef Stroganoff recipe.
Provided by pjr6519
Yield 3-5 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In large skillet add butter, diced onion until butter begins to sizzle, turn temperature down to simmer and allow onion to sauté. After 3 minutes add sliced mushrooms and allow to simmer an additional 8 minutes.
- In large mixing bowl add bullion, sour cream, flour, garlic, parsley, salt, and pepper, mix all ingredients together well. Add sautéed onion and butter from skillet.
- Place diced beef cubes in skillet, add an additional 2 tablespoons butter, 1 cup red wine and allow to simmer for approximately 20 minutes or until browned and tender.
- Add beef cubes and wine mixture to other ingredients and mix well. Add all beef and sauce that you prepared into a large pot and heat for 10 minutes.
- Cook noodles according to directions. Place noodles on large serving dish put beef and sauce on top of noodles, garnish with additional parsley and serve.
- Slice beef into 2-inch-long strips, each about 1 inch wide and 1/4 inch thick. Season generously with salt and pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over high heat. Brown meat in two batches, about 1 minute per side; remove from skillet, and set aside.
- In same skillet, heat remaining tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Add mushrooms; cover. Cook until just tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Add broth; simmer, uncovered, until liquid has thickened, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Stir mustard into mushroom mixture in skillet. Return beef to skillet; cook over medium-low heat until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in sour cream. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Serve immediately, garnished with chopped dill.
This Russian dish has been around for several centuries, but it wasn't until the fifties that it became all the rage in the United States (despite our fear of Communism). Here is a delicious rendition that pays tribute to the "gourmet" chafing-dish dinner party. Now, as then, beef stroganoff is a good thing to cook in front of a small crowd.
Yield Makes 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Pat meat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat oil in heavy large skillet over high heat until very hot. Working in batches, add meat in single layer and cook just until brown on outside, about 1 minute per side. Transfer to rimmed baking sheet.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped shallots and sauté until tender, scraping up browned bits, about 2 minutes. Add button mushrooms. Sprinkle with pepper and sauté until liquid evaporates, about 12 minutes. Add beef broth, then Cognac. Simmer until liquid thickens and just coats mushrooms, about 14 minutes. Stir in crème fraîche and Dijon mustard. Add meat and any accumulated juices from baking sheet. Simmer over medium-low heat until meat is heated through but still medium-rare, about 2 minutes. Stir in chopped dill. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles in large pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain. Transfer to bowl. Add remaining 4 tablespoons butter and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Divide noodles among plates. Top with beef and sauce. Sprinkle generously with paprika.
Make a classic beef stroganoff with steak and mushrooms for a tasty midweek meal. Garnish with parsley and serve with pappardelle pasta or rice.
Provided by Elena Silcock
Categories Dinner, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a non-stick frying pan then add 1 sliced onion and cook on a medium heat until completely softened, around 15 mins, adding a little splash of water if it starts to stick.
- Crush in 1 garlic clove and cook for 2-3 mins more, then add 1 tbsp butter.
- Once the butter is foaming a little, add 250g sliced mushrooms and cook for around 5 mins until completely softened.
- Season everything well, then tip onto a plate.
- Tip 1 tbsp plain flour into a bowl with a big pinch of salt and pepper, then toss 500g sliced fillet steak in the seasoned flour.
- Add the steak pieces to the pan, splashing in a little oil if the pan looks dry, and fry for 3-4 mins, until well coloured.
- Tip the onions and mushrooms back into the pan. Whisk 150g crème fraîche, 1 tsp English mustard and 100ml beef stock together, then stir into the pan.
- Cook over a medium heat for around 5 mins.
- Scatter with some chopped parsley, and serve with pappardelle or rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 438 calories, Fat 31 grams fat, SaturatedFat 17 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 8 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 3 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 30 grams protein, Sodium 0.5 milligram of sodium
More about "beef stroganoff recipes"
BEEF STROGANOFF - RICH, CREAMY, DELICIOUS! | VALERIE'S KITCHEN
HOMEMADE BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
GROUND BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPE - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
HOW TO MAKE BEEF STROGANOFF - SOUTHERN LIVING
BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPES TO MAKE AT HOME | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
THE BEST BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPE! | GIMME SOME OVEN
CLASSIC BEEF STROGANOFF WITH SOUR CREAM RECIPE
10 BEST BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPES | YUMMLY
BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK
BEST BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPE 2022 ️ - JOJO RECIPES
OLD FASHIONED BEEF STROGANOFF - THE STAY AT HOME CHEF
THE ULTIMATE BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPES | MYRECIPES
BEEF STROGANOFF | A JULIE GOODWIN BEEF RECIPE - FAVOURITES
BEEF STROGANOFF | RECIPETIN EATS
CRAZY TENDER BEEF STROGANOFF - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
EASY BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER BEEF RECIPES
BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPE (VIDEO) - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
WORLD'S BEST BEEF STROGANOFF WITH SOUR CREAM - MODERN CRUMB
BEEF STROGANOFF - CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
ONE POT BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPE | DAMN DELICIOUS
BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPE | RACHAEL RAY
BEEF STROGANOFF - RECIPES - HAIRY BIKERS
BEST BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPE (HOMEMADE) – A GREAT SECRET
BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPE | AUSTRALIAN WOMEN'S WEEKLY FOOD
SPEEDY BEEF STROGANOFF | CANADIAN LIVING
QUICK & EASY BEEF STROGANOFF - SPEND WITH PENNIES
BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
SLOW COOKER BEEF STROGANOFF | RICARDO
EASY KETO BEEF STROGANOFF - DINNER RECIPE
EASY HOMEMADE BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPE - PAULA DEEN
BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPE - BBC FOOD
BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPE RECIPE - THEDAILYBEEFRECIPES.COM
EASY BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE BEEF STROGANOFF FROM …
BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
#course #main-ingredient #preparation #main-dish #beef #crock-pot-slow-cooker #dietary #high-protein #low-carb #high-in-something #low-in-something #meat #equipment
You'll also love