CHILI DOG CHILI
The method for making this chili is to boil the beef. Boiling the ground beef yields a smooth texture, perfect for chili dogs.
Provided by KelBel
Yield 5 cups
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot. Add beef and boil for 30 minutes stirring occasionally. Drain beef.
- Add remaining ingredients to beef and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve over hot dogs with yellow mustard and onions.
BEEFY BEEF CHILI
- In a 6 quart stock pot over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef with the onion until no longer pink. Drain grease from the pan, and stir in the chili beans, tomato juice, and beef stew. Season with chili powder, salt, and pepper to taste. Cook over medium heat until simmering. Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 273.5 calories, Carbohydrate 23.6 g, Cholesterol 52.6 mg, Fat 12.8 g, Fiber 4.8 g, Protein 19.4 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, Sodium 1013.9 mg, Sugar 8 g
BEEFY CHILI DOGS
For years, people have told me I make the best hot dog chili out there. It's timeless, it's family-friendly, and I carry the recipe with me because people ask for it. -Vicki Boyd, Mechanicsville, Virginia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings (2 cups chili).
Number Of Ingredients 9
- For chili, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 5-7 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Transfer beef to a food processor; pulse until finely chopped., Return beef to skillet; stir in seasonings and ketchup. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 15-20 minutes to allow flavors to blend, stirring occasionally. , Meanwhile, cook hot dogs according to package directions. Serve in buns with chili. If desired, top with cheese and onion. Freeze option: Freeze cooled chili in a freezer container. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally; add water if necessary.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 400 calories, Fat 22g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 60mg cholesterol, Sodium 1092mg sodium, Carbohydrate 31g carbohydrate (11g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 19g protein.
More about "beefy chili dogs recipes"
BEEF CHILI RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
4.9/5 (25)Estimated Reading Time 6 minsServings 12
- Remove seeds from ancho, guajillo, and pasilla chiles and place in a medium bowl. Pour in 3 cups boiling water and cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap; let sit until chiles are softened, 20–25 minutes. Transfer chiles and soaking liquid to a blender and blend on high until smooth, about 1 minute; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven or other heavy pot over medium-high. Season beef all over with salt and pepper. Working in 2–3 batches, cook, turning pieces once, until browned, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium; add onions and garlic to pot. Cook, stirring often to loosen browned bits from bottom of pot, until onions are translucent and very soft, 6–8 minutes. Add cumin and oregano and cook, stirring, until spices start to stick to pot, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes and brown sugar and scrape bottom of pot to loosen spices, then add lager. Bring to a lively simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until beer is almost completely evaporated, 10–15 minutes.
BEEF CHILI RECIPE - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
4.9/5 (107)Total Time 30 minsCategory EasyCalories 366 per serving
- Add diced carrot, bell pepper and minced garlic. Cook until vegetables are tender, stirring as needed. Drain excess fat.
HOT DOG CHILI RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE HOT DOG CHILI
5/5 (1)Total Time 30 mins
- Add ground beef and cook, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, 6 minutes.
- Drain fat and return to heat. Add tomato paste and cook until slightly darkened in color, 2 minutes.
- Add mustard, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, garlic powder, and onion powder and season with salt and pepper.
BEEF CHILI RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
CAROLINA STYLE HOT DOGS - SUGAR DISH ME
4.6/5 (31)Category GrilledServings 8Total Time 30 mins
- While the grill is heating, brown the ground beef in a large pan. Add all the seasonings to the ground beef and pour in the broth. Turn it over in the skillet a few times to coat the meat. You also want to break the beef up as much as possible. Add the tomatoes, reduce the heat to medium, and let is simmer while you make everything else, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl toss together the cabbage, red cabbage, carrots, and 1 tablespoon of finely chopped onion.
- In a smaller bowl whisk together the mayo, cider vinegar, canola oil, and sugar until smooth. Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and toss to combine.
CLASSIC GROUND BEEF CHILI RECIPE | GOOD LIFE EATS
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 20 minsCategory Soup And StewCalories 373 per serving
- Add the oil to a large cast iron pot, such as a Le Creuset Round French Oven, and heat over medium heat.
- Add the onions and sauté for approximately 5-7 minutes, until they are translucent. Add the garlic and sauté an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add all of the seasonings (chili powder, cumin, basil, oregano, and thyme) to the onion mixture. Cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Next, add the ground beef and cook, breaking the meat using a spoon or spatula into small pieces.
BEEFY CHILI DOGS | MIDWEST LIVING
4/5 (1)Calories 338 per servingTotal Time 55 mins
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef, 1 cup chopped onion and the garlic until meat is brown and onion is tender; drain off fat. Stir in undrained tomatoes, undrained chili peppers, chili powder, 1 tablespoon mustard, the sugar, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, cumin, celery seeds, salt and black pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Add frankfurters to beef mixture in skillet. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes more or until frankfurters are heated through. Remove frankfurters from meat sauce.
- To serve, place frankfurters in split buns. Top each with about 1/4 cup of the meat sauce. Serve with cheddar cheese and additional onion and mustard.
SUMMER SLOW-COOKER RECIPES | MIDWEST LIVING
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
STUFFED VEGAN CHILI CHEESE DOG BITES | VEGNEWS
BEEFY CHILI DOGS | RECIPE | RECIPES, CHILI DOGS, HOT DOG ...
BEEFY CHILI DOGS RECIPES
10+ WAYS TO TAKE YOUR HOT DOG TO THE NEXT LEVEL
BEEFY CHILI DOGS RECIPE
BEEFY CHILI DOGS | RECIPE | RECIPES, CHILI DOGS, DOG RECIPES
BEEFY CHILI DOGS | EASY POTLUCK RECIPES, CHILI DOGS, RECIPES
BEEFY CHILI DOGS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
BEEF CHILI DOGS RECIPES
BEEFY CHILI DOGS | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR UNIVERSAL RECIPE BOX
BEEFY CHILI DOG RECIPE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
Do you have to boil ground beef for chili dogs?Chili Dog Chili. The method for making this chili is to boil the beef. Boiling the ground beef yields a smooth texture, perfect for chili dogs.
How to make the best beef chili?These can include celery, mushrooms, zucchini or red peppers and can be added with the carrots and peppers. How to Make the Best Beef Chili? Brown ground meat, add diced onion and cook until onion is softened.
Can you put chili on a hot dog?Also … chili doesn’t have to cook all day to be good chili, especially if you are putting it on hot dogs. In this case it’s a condiment, not the main staple of the meal. Yummy Carolina Style Hot Dogs are grilled and covered in beefy homemade chili and creamy cole slaw, and then sprinkles with finely diced onions.
What are the ingredients in beef chili?Beef Chili Ingredients: 2 lbs ground beef 1 medium onion finely cubed 1 large carrot cubed ½ medium green bell pepper cubed 3 garlic cloves minced 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes 15.5 oz can kidney beans , drained and rinsed 3 cups beef broth