This is for all of you "eggplant parmesan" people! And especially for those of you with an abundance of garden fresh zucchini to use up, like myself! This is delicious! I like it even better than eggplant parm now and I didn't think that were possible! And even my husband who does not like eggplant loved this!
Provided by Smabbey
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Dip zucchini slices in egg and then coat with breadcrumb mixture and bake on cookie sheets drizzled with olive oil until golden brown, approximately 10 minutes on each side.
- Spread a thin layer of marinara sauce on the bottom of a 9x9 inch baking dish.
- Put one layer of"breaded" zucchini slices on top and coat with more sauce and a generous sprinkling of both cheeses.
- Repeat this procedure to use up all the zucchini.
- Cover with tin foil and bake approximately 30 minutes or until top layer of cheese is melted at 375 degrees.
PARMESAN BAKED ZUCCHINI
Two of the staples of Italian cuisine, zucchini and Parmesan cheese, team up for a recipe that's easy to make and impressive to serve. These baked "boats" are a fresh new way to serve a distinctive side dish.
Provided by By Brooke Lark
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper.
- Place zucchini halves, skin side down, on cookie sheet. Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon cheese. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with pepper.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until zucchini is tender and cheese is light golden brown. Cool slightly. Garnish with basil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 80, Carbohydrate 3 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 1 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 1 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 120 mg, Sugar 3 g, TransFat 0 g
NO-FRY EASY ZUCCHINI PARMESAN
I have always loved the zucchini Parm that I grew up with, but now that I am a parent I wanted something quicker, easier, and healthier. This is what I came up with. Enjoy! Serve as a side dish with your favorite tomato sauce and pasta.
Provided by sixofus
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler. Grease an 8-inch baking pan.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add garlic; cook and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add zucchini, oregano, salt, and black pepper. Increase heat; cook and stir until zucchini is almost soft, about 7 minutes. Drain excess liquid and transfer to the prepared baking pan.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese and Mexican cheese blend over zucchini.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese has melted and starts to turn brown, about 7 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 117 calories, Carbohydrate 3.1 g, Cholesterol 18.4 mg, Fat 9.6 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 5.5 g, SaturatedFat 4.7 g, Sodium 212.4 mg, Sugar 1.1 g
You'll knock their socks off with this easy-to-prep side dish that's absolutely delicious. My favorite time to make it is when the zucchini is fresh out of the garden. -Sandi Guettler, Bay City, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a large skillet, saute zucchini in oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer., Stir in the tomatoes, seasoned salt and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, until liquid is evaporated, 9-10 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 81 calories, Fat 3g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 3mg cholesterol, Sodium 581mg sodium, Carbohydrate 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
This is a simple layered casserole with three elements: roasted zucchini, a really good homemade tomato sauce and Parmesan. Roasting, rather than frying the zucchini, allows you to cut down on olive oil and time.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Categories dinner, lunch, casseroles, main course
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- If you have a food mill, quarter tomatoes. If not, peel, seed and chop them. (See step 5.)
- To make tomato sauce, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat and add onion. Cook, stirring often, until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds to a minute, and add tomatoes, salt, pepper, sugar and basil sprigs. Increase heat to medium-high. When tomatoes are bubbling briskly, stir and reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring often, until tomatoes have cooked down and are beginning to stick to pan, 15 to 25 minutes, depending on consistency. Remove basil sprigs; taste and adjust seasoning.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees. Line 2 sheet pans with parchment. Trim ends off zucchini and cut in half crosswise, then into lengthwise slices, about 1/4 to 1/3 inch thick. Season on both sides with salt and pepper and toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Arrange zucchini slices on baking sheets in one layer and sprinkle with red pepper flakes. Roast for 12 minutes, until lightly browned and easily pierced with a knife. Remove from oven and reduce heat to 375 degrees.
- If using a food mill, put sauce through medium blade. If not, pulse sauce in a food processor fitted with steel blade until just coarsely puréed. Stir in chopped basil.
- To assemble the dish, oil a 2-quart gratin with olive oil. Spread 1/4 cup tomato sauce over bottom of dish. Arrange a third of the zucchini in an even layer over tomato sauce. Spoon a third of remaining sauce over zucchini and sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan. Repeat with 2 more layers, ending with 1/4 cup Parmesan. Drizzle on remaining tablespoon olive oil. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, until bubbling and browned on the top and edges. Remove from heat and allow to sit for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 206, UnsaturatedFat 9 grams, Carbohydrate 15 grams, Fat 14 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 9 grams, SaturatedFat 4 grams, Sodium 862 milligrams, Sugar 9 grams
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a large pot boil the zucchini until tender; drain. Meanwhile, in a medium frying pan heat the olive oil over medium heat and saute the onion and garlic until the onion is tender.
- Combine the zucchini, onion and garlic in a 9x12 inch casserole dish, and mix well. Pour the spaghetti sauce over the mixture and stir well. Top with mozzarella cheese (use more or less depending on your preference).
- Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes, or until heated through and cheese is bubbly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 217 calories, Carbohydrate 21 g, Cholesterol 16.3 mg, Fat 11.5 g, Fiber 4.7 g, Protein 8.3 g, SaturatedFat 3.7 g, Sodium 512.3 mg, Sugar 12.2 g
- Make the sauce: Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, fennel seeds and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring, until the garlic is lightly golden, about 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and 1 teaspoon salt; cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes begin to sizzle, about 5 minutes. Add half of the basil and 1/2 cup water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer, stirring occasionally and smashing the tomatoes with the back of a spoon, 25 minutes. Stir in the remaining basil and season with salt.
- Prepare the zucchini: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Trim the zucchini and halve crosswise, then slice lengthwise into 18 strips, about 1/4 inch thick. Put the flour in a shallow dish. Whisk the eggs and milk in another dish. In a third dish, combine the panko, parmesan, parsley, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste. Working in batches, dredge the zucchini in the flour and shake off the excess. Dip in the egg mixture, turning to coat; let the excess drip off, then dredge in the panko mixture, pressing to help it stick. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, add the zucchini in a single layer and fry until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels; season with salt.
- Lay 6 pieces fried zucchini a few inches apart in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Top each with a few tablespoons of the tomato sauce, a slice of mozzarella and a piece of prosciutto. Repeat the layering (zucchini, sauce, mozzarella, prosciutto), then top with the remaining zucchini. Top with a little more sauce, sprinkle with parmesan and dollop with the ricotta. Bake until heated through, about 15 minutes. Top the stacks with more prosciutto. Serve with the remaining sauce.
ZUCCHINI PARMESAN CRISPS
Try Ellie Krieger's Zucchini Parmesan Crisps from Healthy Appetite with Ellie Krieger on Food Network ï¿½ they're crispy like potato chips, but much healthier.
Provided by Ellie Krieger
Yield 4 servings, serving size 1/2 cup
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Slice the zucchini into 1/4-inch thick rounds. In a medium bowl, toss the zucchini with the oil. In a small bowl, combine the Parmesan, bread crumbs, salt, and a few turns of pepper. Dip each round into the Parmesan mixture, coating it evenly on both sides, pressing the coating on to stick, and place in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the zucchini rounds until browned and crisp, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove with spatula. Serve immediately.
More about "zucchini parmesan recipes"
EASY ZUCCHINI PARMESAN - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
4.4/5 (10)Total Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory Side Dish, VegetarianCalories 179 per serving
- Slice the zucchini into long slices then fry in a hot pan until golden brown on both sides. Remove from the pan and season with salt.
- To make the tomato sauce, combine all the ingredients and mix well. Test for seasoning and adjust as necessary.
- To assemble, layer the cooked zucchini with the tomato sauce and cheese. Top with mozzarella cheese then cover with foil and place in the oven.
BAKED PARMESAN ZUCCHINI DONE IN ONLY 13 MINUTES!
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins See details »
BAKED PARMESAN ZUCCHINI RECIPE - DAMN DELICIOUS
4.9/5 (115)Servings 4 See details »
EASY ZUCCHINI PARMESAN RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
4.4/5 (1.1K)Calories 52 per servingServings 1 See details »
OVEN ROASTED PARMESAN ZUCCHINI | 12 TOMATOES
4.7/5 (319)Category SideServings 4Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
- Slice squash into 1/4 inch rounds and add to a large bowl. Add olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper, and toss to coat.
ZUCCHINI PARMESAN - EASY ZUCCHINI RECIPE FROM PLATTER TALK
4.3/5 (14)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory EntreeCalories 144 per serving
- Slice Zucchini into 1/4 inch strips and then place in a colander or in a clean sink and sprinkle generously with kosher salt. Allow the zucchini to drain for at least 30 minutes. Next, rinse off zucchini briefly then pat dry with paper towels.
- Place zucchini on a baking sheet that has been lined parchment paper and then brush each strip with olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes over each strip. Place in hot oven and then roast until fork tender and lightly browned, abut 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven and reduce heat to 400℉
- Using a rectangular lasagna-style pan or deep casserole baking dish, evenly distribute about 1 cup of tomato sauce in bottom of pan.
LAYERED ZUCCHINI PARMESAN - HANDLE THE HEAT
5/5 (9)Category Main CourseCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr
- 2. Blot zucchini coins with paper towels to remove excess moisture. Place zucchini in a medium bowl and drizzle with olive oil, turning to coat each piece. In a separate bowl, combine half the parmesan, bread crumbs, salt, and pepper.
- 2. Dip each zucchini coin into the parmesan mixture, turning to coat and pressing the breading slightly to ensure it sticks. Place breaded zucchini coins in one even layer on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes or until browned and crisp.
- 3. Reduce the oven temperature to 400 degrees F. Coat the bottom of a small baking dish with marinara sauce. Layer one third of the crisp zucchini coins over marinara, overlapping if necessary. Sprinkle zucchini layer with mozzarella and the remaining parmesan. Repeat the layers 3 times (or until the zucchini is gone, depending on the size of your baking dish) ending with a sprinkling of cheese.
ZUCCHINI PARMESAN [VEGAN] - CONTENTEDNESS COOKING
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 40 minsCategory Mediterranean RecipesCalories 460 per serving
- Set a 8x11 inch casserole dish and a lined a baking sheet with paper towels (reserve more paper towels).Preheat oven to 410°F and you will need a food processor or blender.
- Spread the zucchini slices on the baking sheet and season generously with salt. Cover with another layer of paper towels (this will help to remove liquid from zucchinis so you don't have a watery texture). Repeat this until all zucchini slices are used, then add a weight on top to make it easier to get the liquid out of them. Let them rest for around 30 minutes.
- Next add cashews and plant milk to the bowl of a blender or food processor, season with a pinch with salt and pepper. Process until entirely smooth and transfer mixture to a bowl. Set breadcrumbs into another bowl.
- In a pan heat oil for frying. Dip the zucchini slices first in the "eggy" cashew mixture from both sides, then into the breadcrumbs. Fry for 2 minutes from each side until golden brown.
ZUCCHINI PARMESAN - A FAMILY FEAST®
Reviews 14Estimated Reading Time 3 minsServings 4-6Total Time 45 mins See details »
ZUCCHINI PARMESAN RECIPE | COOKING LIGHT
Servings 6Calories 352 per servingTotal Time 1 hr 25 mins See details »
ZUCCHINI PARMESAN - THE COZY COOK
5/5 (9)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 466 per serving
- Note 1: There is no need to peel the zucchini unless they are jumbo sized, in which case the skins could be tough/bitter.Note 2: See notes section on instructions for baking or air frying the zucchini instead of frying. This is done before the casserole is assembled with marinara sauce and cheese.
ROASTED ZUCCHINI WITH PARMESAN | THE MODERN PROPER
Ratings 2Total Time 15 minsCuisine ItalianCalories 222 per serving
- Arrange on a baking sheet, top with grated parmesan cheese and bake on center rack for 5 minutes, next broil the zucchini for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is golden brown
ZUCCHINI PARMESAN CROQUETTES RECIPE - CASSIA'S CUISINE
Cuisine BrazilianEstimated Reading Time 3 minsCategory Appetizer, Side Dish, SnackTotal Time 20 mins
- Wash, dry and shred the fresh zucchini. You can use a food processor. I used handheld cheese grater.
- Place the shredded zucchini into a large bowl and with a paper towel or a thin kitchen towel and squeeze as much water out as you can.
- In a large bowl combine the zucchini, the spices, flour, minced garlic, salt, onions, baking powder, parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, parsley and the egg and milk beaten together.
ZUCCHINI PARMESAN RECIPE | EATINGWELL
Total Time 1 hrCalories 318 per serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper and coat with cooking spray.
- Heat 2 tsp. oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook, stirring often, until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook, stirring, for 30 seconds more. Add tomatoes, honey, salt, and pepper. If using dried basil, add it now. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes. If using fresh basil, add it now.
- Meanwhile, score the cut sides of each zucchini half in a crisscross pattern, taking care not to cut through the skin. Place the halves, cut-side down, on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Heat the remaining 1 tsp. oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add ground beef and Italian seasoning. Cook, breaking up the beef, until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Add the beef to the sauce mixture.
EASY BAKED ZUCCHINI SQUASH RECIPE WITH PARMESAN
Reviews 2Category VegetablesServings 2Total Time 25 mins See details »
BAKED ZUCCHINI PARMESAN RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
Calories 284Saturated Fat 7g 35%Cholesterol 29mg 10%Total Fat 21g 27% See details »
THE BEST ZUCCHINI PARMESAN | KITCHN
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins See details »
ZUCCHINI PARMIGIANA: RECIPE AND TRICKS - LA CUCINA ITALIANA
Author Giorgia Di SabatinoEstimated Reading Time 2 mins See details »
CREAMY PARMESAN ZUCCHINI RICE - IOWA GIRL EATS
4.5/5 (3)User Interaction Count 37Servings 4-6Estimated Reading Time 5 mins See details »
ZUCCHINI, PARMESAN AND PISTACHIO SOUP | RICARDO
See details »
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #casseroles #main-dish #vegetables #oven #european #vegetarian #italian #dietary #squash #equipment #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What's the best way to cook zucchini Parmesan?Heat the olive oil in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, add the zucchini in a single layer and fry until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels; season with salt. Lay 6 pieces fried zucchini a few inches apart in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
How do you make zucchini for a party?In a medium bowl, toss the zucchini with the oil. In a small bowl, combine the Parmesan, bread crumbs, salt, and a few turns of pepper. Dip each round into the Parmesan mixture, coating it evenly on both sides, pressing the coating on to stick, and place in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
How to cook zucchini in the oven with bread crumbs?Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Slice the zucchini into 1/4-inch thick rounds. In a medium bowl, toss the zucchini with the oil. In a small bowl, combine the Parmesan, bread crumbs, salt, and a few turns of pepper.
What kind of cheese to use for baked zucchini?There are many different ways to make baked zucchini, but this version with parmesan is the simplest (and best). It’s made by coating fresh zucchini with olive oil, Parmesan cheese and spices, then baking until crisp. The zucchini absorbs the flavors of the seasonings as it bakes making it appetizing and flavorful.