CREAMY CHEDDAR CHEESE SOUP
- In a 3 quart saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter or margarine. Add onion and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in flour and cook until flour has blended with onion mixture.
- Add chicken broth and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is slightly thickened. Add milk and heat just to boiling, stirring constantly.
- In covered blender at medium speed, blend about 1/4 of soup mixture at a time until smooth. Return to saucepan and, over medium heat, heat just to boiling. Remove from heat.
- With wire whisk or slotted spoon, stir in cheese until melted. If cheese does not melt completely, cook over very low heat about 1 minute, stirring constantly.
EXCELLENT BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP
This is by far the best broccoli cheese soup I have been able to come up with. It's made with a roux, chicken stock, milk, a mix of cheese, and fresh broccoli.
Provided by NATHAN TRUAX
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat, and mix in the flour. Reduce heat to low, and cook, stirring constantly, about 2 minutes. Mix in the chicken stock and milk, and season with salt and white pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer about 10 minutes.
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place the broccoli in the boiling water, and cook 2 minutes, or until just tender. Remove from heat, drain, and set aside.
- Gradually mix the processed cheese and Cheddar cheese into the large pot until melted. Mix in the broccoli. Continue cooking about 5 minutes.
BEST-EVER BEER CHEESE SOUP
Provided by Amy Thielen
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In a large stockpot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the carrots, peppers and 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring, until the vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes. Add the flour and cook, stirring, until well incorporated, about 5 minutes more.
- Add the chicken stock, beer and half-and-half and cook, whisking often, at a very slow simmer over medium-low heat for 15 minutes.
- Add the cheddar to the soup by the handful, whisking each batch until smooth. Add the Worcestershire, hot sauce, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, the nutmeg, mustard and lemon juice, and stir to combine.
- Puree the soup in batches in a blender (holding a thick towel over the lid to prevent overflow) until very smooth.
- Just before serving, reheat the soup until steaming and taste for seasoning, adding salt as necessary. Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish each bowl with a swirl of mustard oil, a dollop of goat cheese and a sprinkle of thyme.
Provided by Alton Brown
Yield about 1 1/2 quarts (about 4 servings)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Melt butter in large heavy-bottomed soup pot over medium heat. Add onion, carrot, celery, and salt. Sweat for 5 to 10 minutes or until the vegetables begin to soften, stirring occasionally. Sift the flour over the vegetables and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Gradually add the chicken stock and bring to boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low and add the garlic and bay leaf. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Remove bay leaf. Turn off the heat, add the heavy cream, and then puree with an immersion blender or in a conventional blender*. Gradually add the cheese, 1 small handful at a time, and stir until melted before adding next handful. Stir in the Marsala, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and white pepper. Taste and add additional salt if desired. If soup is not hot enough, return to a low heat until warmed through.
- *When blending hot liquids: Remove liquid from the heat and allow to cool for at least 5 minutes. Transfer liquid to a blender or food processor and fill it no more than halfway. If using a blender, release one corner of the lid. This prevents the vacuum effect that creates heat explosions. Place a towel over the top of the machine, pulse a few times then process on high speed until smooth.
People also searched
More about "best cheese soup recipes"
WHAT ARE THE BEST CHEESES FOR EASY CHEESE SOUP RECIPES ...
Add the remaining cheddar cheese and stir until melted. Add the mustard, Worcestershire sauce and beer and stir until blended. If soup is too thick at this point, add a little additional …
- Add unsalted butter to a Dutch oven (or a deep pan with a lid) over medium heat. Once melted, add carrot, celery, onion and garlic and sauté until soft, about 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in chicken stock and increase heat to medium-high. Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to medium-low.
- Simmer uncovered for approximately 30-35 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
BEST PHILLY CHEESESTEAK SOUP RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE PHILLY ...
2015-11-11 · In a large pot over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add half the onion and cook until soft, 6 minutes, then add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute.
THE BEST POTATO SOUP! | GIMME SOME OVEN
2018-10-15 · This easy Potato Soup recipe is truly the best! It’s quick and easy to make on the stovetop, it’s nice and creamy (without using heavy cream), and it’s always so cozy and comforting and delicious. Do you have a favorite potato soup recipe? If not — psst — bookmark this one! ♡ This easy potato soup recipe …
- Heat a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add diced bacon and cook until crispy, stirring occasionally. Transfer the bacon to a separate plate, using a slotted spoon, reserving about 3 tablespoons of bacon grease in the stockpot. (Discard any extra grease, or you can substitute butter in place of the 3 tablespoons of bacon grease. Also, if you are short on time, you can dice the potatoes and onion while the bacon cooks to save time.)
- Add onion and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft. Stir in the garlic and sauté for an extra 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until fragrant. Stir the flour into the mixture and sauté for an additional 1 minute to cook the flour, stirring occasionally. Then stir in the stock until combined, followed by the milk and potatoes.
- Continue cooking until the mixture just reaches a simmer, before it begins to boil. Then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for about 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes are soft, being sure to stir the soup every few minutes so that the bottom does not burn. (The smaller you dice your potatoes, the faster your soup will cook.)
- Once the potatoes are nice and soft, stir in the cheddar cheese and Greek yogurt (or sour cream), salt, pepper and cooked bacon bits. Taste and season with extra salt and pepper, if needed.
THE BEST BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
2019-10-27 · The Best Broccoli Cheese Soup is a thick, rich and creamy soup with chunks of tender broccoli pieces, shredded carrots and a hint of nutmeg all cooked together in melted sharp cheese!The perfect comfort soup for the colder months! Soup is the comfort of the soul! If you love soups try this Slow Cooker Pasta e Fagioli Soup, Creamy Zuppa Toscana or Creamy Chicken Broccoli Soup.
- Sauté the onion in 1 tablespoon melted butter and set aside. In a large pot whisk together the melted butter and flour over medium heat for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, carrots, and onions. Let them simmer on medium low for about 25 minutes until the broccoli and carrots are tender.
- Add nutmeg, salt and pepper and sharp cheddar cheese. Let the cheese melt and then serve. For a smoother soup puree it in a [url:2]blender[/url]... but I love the chunks!
EASY BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP RECIPE - 5 INGREDIENTS ...
2019-07-19 · This easy broccoli cheese soup recipe was originally published back in 2016 and updated in July 2019. But, I have since changed the post so much. I’ve added plenty of tips to help you make the best broccoli cheese soup ever, plus I’ve taken new pictures. Since it has also been possibly the most popular recipe …
- Add the chicken broth, heavy cream, and chopped broccoli. Increase heat to bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10-20 minutes, until broccoli is tender.
- Add the shredded cheddar cheese gradually, stirring constantly, and continue to stir until melted. (Add 1/2 cup (64 g), simmer and stir until it melts fully, then repeat 1/2 cup (64 g) at a time until all the cheese is used up.) Make sure to keep it at a very low simmer and avoid high heat, to prevent seizing. Remove from heat immediately once all the cheese melts.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove about 1/3 of the broccoli pieces and set aside. (This step is optional, if you want some pieces in your soup at the end. If you want all of the soup pureed, you can leave them in.)
THE BEST BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP (BETTER-THAN-PANERA COPYCAT ...
2015-01-10 · Related Recipes. Creamy Tomato Soup (vegan, GF) – Panera copycat that’s fast, easy, and healthy!. Roasted Carrot and Red Pepper Peanut Soup (vegan, GF) – Thick, rich, and loaded with smoky flavors!. Immune-Boosting Vegetable Soup and Broth (vegan, GF) – Easy soup that’s healthy, nourishing, and keeps you healthy! Bye-bye germs! Creamy Vegan Corn and Red Pepper Blender Soup …
41 BEST SOUP RECIPES TO KEEP YOU WARM UNTIL SPRING ...
2020-10-28 · 41 Of Our Coziest, Best Soup Recipes. Including a classic broccoli-cheddar soup. Broccoli cheddar soup. Photo, Roberto Caruso. Get your spoons ready, because this collection of our best soup ...
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST FRENCH ONION SOUP EVER | EPICURIOUS
2015-02-19 · The beef broth (obviously home-made is best, but store-bought works too) adds an underlying richness to the soup, and we favored the lightness and acidity that white wine …
15+ CHEESE SOUP RECIPES – BEST CHEESY SOUPS
2019-07-22 · 2 of 15. Meatball Sub Soup. The meatball sub is arguably one of the best sandwiches of all time. This gloriously cheesy tomato-based soup perfectly mimics the …
10 BEST WISCONSIN CHEESE SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
2021-09-02 · Pumpkin Soup with Comte Cheese and Thyme Scones On dine chez Nanou fresh thyme, baking powder, olive oil, salt, onion, carrots, salt and 12 more Vegetable and Garbanzo Bean Soup Madeleine Cocina
See details »
63 BEST HOMEMADE SOUP RECIPES AND IDEAS FOR COLD WEATHER ...
recipe Cream Cheese Potato Soup "This is awesomeness in a bowl. It's pretty easy to make and inexpensive, too. I left the skin on, which gave it more of a distinct potato flavor." -ChubbyJedi. recipe Chicken & Noodle Miso Soup "I love miso, and this soup is wonderful and so easy to make. I was delighted with the results. The heat was perfect."-Leggy Peggy. Advertisement. recipe …
See details »
10 BEST CONDENSED CHEDDAR CHEESE SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
2021-08-31 · White Cheddar Cheese Soup Noble Pig. chicken broth, whole milk, garlic, dry mustard, dry white wine and 10 more. Vermont Cheddar Cheese Soup Alexandra's Kitchen. cracked pepper, carrots, red potato, Dijon mustard, water, red bell pepper and 12 more. Gallagher’s Cheddar Cheese Soup Copykat Recipes.
See details »
BEST CHEDDAR CHEESE SOUP RECIPES - FOOD.COM
10 Best Cheddar Cheese Soup Recipes. For that delicious, creamy, and oh-so-cheesy flavor, check out some of our best cheddar cheese soup recipes! recipe Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup "Wonderfully cheesy soup! The carrots and onions added a little sweetness and texture."-Parsley. recipe Spicy Cheddar Cheese Soup "Awesome cheese soup…
See details »
THE BEST CHEESE SOUP - THE ULTIMATE COMFORT FOOD
2020-01-08 · Warm, cheesy, creamy, and full of minced vegetables, this recipe deserves the title Best Cheese Soup. Plus, its ready in a little over 30 minutes so its a great weekday meal. Ingredients. Scale 1x 2x 3x. 1 …
- In a heavy bottom Dutch oven, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Add the vegetables and saute, stirring often for 15 minutes until the vegetables begin to carmelize.
- Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables. Mix completely and cook, stirring constantly, for another 5 minutes. Deglaze the pot with the wine. Whisk into the flour mixture vigorously and allow to cook for a minute.
- Pour in the chicken broth. Whisk vigorously to incorporate all of the flour into the broth. Allow the soup to simmer for 10 minutes.
30 BEST COMFORTING SOUP RECIPES - FOODIECRUSH.COM
- Broccoli Cheese And Potato Soup. FoodieCrush. Kayel said: “5 STARS! I added a tad bit of bacon grease and some bacon to this recipe and it was hands down the best soup I’ve ever had.
- Tomato Basil Soup. FoodieCrush. Laura says: “I make this soup at least twice a month. The whole family loves it – it is a cherished family recipe. Thank you!!”
- Macaroni and Cheese Soup with Broccoli. Skinnytaste. Cindy said: “This was surprisingly filling and so full of taste. I served it for supper tonight with company over and all said they would eat it again.
- How To Make The Best Minestrone Soup. FoodieCrush. Pam said: “I wanted a really good minestrone soup. Did as you suggested with the homemade beef stock. Was wonderful .
- Easy Hamburger Vegetable Soup. FoodieCrush. Kathy said: “ Even though I am a small household, cooking a large pot of soup works really well because my 23-year-old son lives with me, and we benefit from having leftovers available.
- Creamy Buffalo Cauliflower Soup. How Sweet Eats. Leslea said: “So delicious! Made it tonight and even my picky 3 year old had a bowl! Will definitely be making this again.”
- Slow Cooker Beef and Barley Soup. Inquiring Chef. David said: “Photos 5 stars, few ingredients always makes me happy, ten minutes prep ! Wow. Your posts are so organized!
- The Best Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup. FoodieCrush. Georgia said: “ This was my first time making soup. This recipe is delicious and easy to follow. My family loved it!
- The Best French Onion Soup. FoodieCrush. MaryAnn said: “ Onion soup is one of my favorites Heidi! My mother always made it when I was growing up. It was such a special treat!
- Pasta Soup. Chelsea’s Messy Apron. Whit S said: “This vegetable soup looks amazing. The ingredients are simple and great. I think I have everything in my fridge so I am heading to make it for tomorrow.”
BEST EVER BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP | CREME DE LA CRUMB
2018-11-27 · Add about half a cup of water to the bottom of a large sauce pot. Put the chopped broccoli into a steamer basket and put the basket into the pot. Cover and steam for 5-7 minutes, or until desired doneness is achieved. Sautee. Add cooking oil to a stainless steel or cast-iron skillet or wok and turn the burner on high.
- In a large stock pot, melt butter then add garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes until browned. Add onion powder and flour and stir until mixture clumps together and there are no more streaks of flour.
- Gradually whisk in chicken broth, followed by half and half. Bring to a boil, add broccoli and boil until broccoli is tender.
- Stir in salt, pepper, cheddar cheese, and parmesan cheese. Once cheeses are completely melted, taste and add salt and pepper if needed, then serve.
THE BEST BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP RECIPE - COOKING CLASSY
2020-09-14 · Saute onion: Melt butter in pot over medium-high heat. Add in onions and cook, stirring frequently until nearly soft, about 4 – 5 minutes. Make roux: Add in garlic and flour, and cook for about 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add liquids: While whisking, slowly pour in milk then chicken broth. Stir in broccoli.
- Melt butter in pot over medium-high heat. Add in onions and cook, stirring frequently until nearly soft, about 4 - 5 minutes.
- Cook stirring constantly until mixture begins to thicken. Then reduce heat to low and allow to cook, stirring very frequently, until broccoli is tender, about 6 - 8 minutes.
BEER-AND-CHEDDAR SOUP RECIPE - JONATHON ERDELJAC | FOOD & WINE
Step 1. In a large saucepan, cook the bacon over moderate heat until the fat is rendered and the bacon is crisp, 7 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to a bowl. Add the celery ...
- In a large saucepan, cook the bacon over moderate heat until the fat is rendered and the bacon is crisp, 7 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to a bowl. Add the celery, onion, jalapeño, garlic and thyme to the saucepan and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until softened, 8 minutes. Add half of the beer and cook until reduced by half, 5 minutes. Add 2 1/4 cups of chicken broth and bring to a simmer.
- In a small skillet, melt the butter. Add the flour and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Whisk this roux into the soup until incorporated and bring to a simmer. Cook until thickened, about 8 minutes. Add the heavy cream, cheddar cheeses and the remaining beer and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thick and creamy, about 5 minutes. Stir in the bacon and season with salt and pepper. Add a few tablespoons of broth if the soup is too thick. Serve the soup with garlic toasts.
CHEESE SOUP RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
RECIPE IN MICROWAVE CREAM OF BROCCOLI SOUP DIFFERENCE CHEESE
2021-06-26 · The BEST recipe for homemade broccoli cheese soup, this version is easy and has tons of cheddar cheese flavor (no processed cheese in sight!). Broccoli Cheese Soup | Canadian Goodness – Dairy Farmers of. Source: Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe – Cookie and Kate. This is the Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe. … This recipe is taken from the 1987 Milk Calendar. … 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded ...
See details »
35 COMFORTING CHEESE SOUPS | TASTE OF HOME
10 COZY SOUP AND GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH COMBOS
2017-11-03 · Tomato soup with grilled cheese croutons. A match made in heaven, perfect for the slushy, rainy, chilly days of early spring. Get the recipe.
See details »
PRESSURE LUCK BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP RECIPES
Select Sauté to preheat the pressure cooking pot. When hot, add the butter and onion. Sauté for about 3 minutes until tender. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute more. Stir in the chicken broth, broccoli, carrots, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. When the cook time ends, turn off the pressure cooker.
See details »
10 BEST VELVEETA CHEESE SOUP RECIPES - EASY RECIPES
10 Best Velveeta Soup Recipes. Step 1 Combine the water, potatoes, processed cheese, onion, bouillon, parsley, salt, pepper, and Cajun seasoning in a large pot. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes.
See details »