QUICK AND EASY CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Cook onion and celery in butter until just tender, 5 minutes. Pour in chicken and vegetable broths and stir in chicken, noodles, carrots, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 161.5 calories, Carbohydrate 12.1 g, Cholesterol 46.4 mg, Fat 6.1 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 13.4 g, SaturatedFat 2.1 g, Sodium 1356.8 mg, Sugar 3.7 g
THE ULTIMATE CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
My first Wisconsin winter was so cold, all I wanted to eat was homemade chicken noodle soup. Of all the chicken noodle soup recipes out there, this type of soup is my favorite and is in heavy rotation from November to April. It has many incredibly devoted fans.-Gina Nistico, Denver, Colorado
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings (about 3-1/2 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels; sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a 6-qt. stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken in batches, skin side down; cook until dark golden brown, 3-4 minutes. Remove chicken from pan; remove and discard skin. Discard drippings, reserving 2 tablespoons., Add onion to drippings; cook and stir over medium-high heat until tender, 4-5 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add broth, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil. Return chicken to pan. Add celery, carrots, bay leaves and thyme. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until chicken is tender, 25-30 minutes., Transfer chicken to a plate. Remove soup from heat. Add noodles; let stand, covered, until noodles are tender, 20-22 minutes., Meanwhile, when chicken is cool enough to handle, remove meat from bones; discard bones. Shred meat into bite-sized pieces. Return meat to stockpot. Stir in parsley and lemon juice. If desired, adjust seasoning with additional salt and pepper. Discard bay leaves.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 239 calories, Fat 12g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 68mg cholesterol, Sodium 1176mg sodium, Carbohydrate 14g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 18g protein.
BIG-BATCH CHICKEN SOUP
Use a whole chicken to make a big batch of family-friendly chicken soup. Treat the recipe as a base and add your choice of veg, or bulk it up with grains
Provided by Lulu Grimes
Categories Dinner, Lunch, Main course, Soup
Yield Serves 4 with leftovers
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Fry the sofrito mix in the rapeseed oil for about 10 mins until it is really soft and the onion is translucent. Do this over a low heat and don't let it brown. Tip into a casserole.
- Sit the chicken on top of the sofrito, add the bay leaf and stock melts and enough cold water to come most of the way up the chicken. Bring slowly to a simmer and then put a lid on the casserole. Cook for 1 hr then check whether the chicken is cooked through - the meat should have started to pull away from the ends of the legs if it is. Carefully lift the chicken out of the pan and let it cool a little then ease the breast meat from the carcass. (Cool and chill the breasts if you want to keep them for another day, or chop them if you want to make a generous batch of this soup.) Strip the remaining meat off the bones and chop it into cubes small enough to sit on a soup spoon.
- Taste the broth the chicken was cooked in and if it tastes weak, then boil it for 15-20 mins to reduce it then taste again. Don't season it until you are happy with the flavour. If you want to chill or freeze some of the soup base do it now and add the rest of the ingredients later when you reheat it. Stir in the peas and sweetcorn (if using) along with the soup pasta and bring back to a simmer. Add back the chicken meat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 424 calories, Fat 20 grams fat, SaturatedFat 5 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 29 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 5 grams sugar, Fiber 5 grams fiber, Protein 30 grams protein, Sodium 1.6 milligram of sodium
CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE NOODLE SOUP
Our Deaconess Group uses this recipe when cooking for members of our congregation. It makes a huge batch, so it's ideal to freeze portions in microwave-safe containers. Then just thaw and reheat in the microwave for a filling meal. People who try this soup say it's the best they have ever tasted. -Stacey Christensen, West Valley City, Utah
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 64 servings (1 cup each).
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Divide chickens and water between two stockpots. Slowly bring to a boil over low heat. Cover and simmer for 2 hours or until meat is tender, skimming the surface as foam rises. Remove chickens from broth; set aside until cool enough to handle., Add the celery, carrots, onions, chicken base and parsley to the pots; season with salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender., Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Stir into soup. Remove chicken meat from bones; cut into bite-size pieces. Add to soup; heat through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 190 calories, Fat 7g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 48mg cholesterol, Sodium 837mg sodium, Carbohydrate 18g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 14g protein.
BIG-BATCH CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
- Chop fresh parsley, for garnish Heat the oil in a large stockpot over medium heat. Add the onions, carrots, and celery and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 10 minutes. Cut the chicken into 8 pieces. If there are any pads of yellow fat in the tail area, do not remove them. Add the chicken to the pot and pour in the broth. Add enough cold water to cover the ingredients by 2 inches. Bring to a boil over high heat, skimming off the foam that rises to the surface. Add the parsley, thyme, and bay leaf. Reduce the heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, until the chicken is very tender, about 2 hours. Remove the chicken from the pot and set aside until cool enough to handle. Remove and discard the parsley and thyme sprigs and bay leaf. Let stand 5 minutes and degrease the soup, reserving the fat if you are making matzo balls. Discard the chicken skin and bones and cut the meat into bite-size pieces. Add the noodles and cook until done, about 10 minutes. Stir the meat back into the soup and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve hot. The soup can be prepared up to 3 days ahead, cooled, covered, and refrigerated, or frozen for up to 3 months.
More about "big batch chicken noodle soup recipes"
BIG BATCH CHUNKY CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP - FREUTCAKE
4.6/5 (15)Category SoupCuisine AmericanTotal Time 50 mins
LARGE-BATCH CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP RECIPE - EASY BUDGET …
Ratings 10Category Main Course, SoupCuisine AmericanTotal Time 45 mins
- Add 9 cups of water and the bouillon water to the veggies. Increase the heat to medium-high and cook until the mixture comes to a low boil.
AIMéE'S BIG BATCH CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP RECIPE
4.8/5 (4)Total Time 4 hrsCategory Soups & StewsCalories 200 per serving
- Step 1: Place the raw chicken, breast side down, in a large stock pot. Add in the bay leaf, peppercorn and garlic. Roughly chop 3 of the carrots and 3 of the celery ribs and add them to the pot, along with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 2 stems of each thyme and parsley.
- Cover everything with cool water, partially cover and bring the pot to a simmer over high heat. Simmer the chicken, partially covered, for 45 minutes over med-low heat. Using a sturdy pair of tongs, flip the chicken to breast side up. Simmer for another 45 minutes.
- Turn off the pot and let the chicken cool in the broth. When lukewarm, scoop out the chicken and shred the meat of the bones. Strain the broth into jars and discard the carcass (or use for another boiling of stock - See Note.) You will have approximately 5 cups cooked chicken and 2.5 quarts chicken stock. Store the shredded chicken and the stock in airtight container in the refrigerator until you are ready to make your soup, up to three days.
- Step 2: Dice the remaining carrots and celery, along with the fennel. Heat the olive oil in a large pot and add the diced onion. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, then add the diced carrot, celery and fennel. Season with the remaining salt and cook for 5 minutes.
VIETNAMESE CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP…A BIG BOWL COPYKAT
32 BIG-BATCH CHICKEN DINNER RECIPES FOR A CROWD
EASY 30-MINUTE HOMEMADE CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
RECIPE: BIG-BATCH EGG NOODLE DOUGH - KITCHN
ULTRA-SATISFYING CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP - INSPIRED TASTE
THE VERY BEST CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP - THE SUBURBAN …
CHUNKY CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP - ZONA COOKS
HOMEMADE CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP (FROM SCRATCH!)
HOMEMADE CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP RECIPE : TASTE OF …
HOMESTYLE CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP - DAMN DELICIOUS
BIG-BATCH CHICKEN SOUP RECIPE | NEW IDEA FOOD
LITERALLY THE BEST CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP RECIPE
BIG BATCH CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP | HEALTHY SOUP RECIPES, FREEZER …
CHICKEN SOUP (BIG-BATCH!) - THE PROVIDENT COOK
Cuisine AmericanCategory SoupAuthor Evelyn MillerTotal Time 1 hr 35 mins
10 BEST BIG BATCH SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
20 NOURISHING SOUP RECIPES MADE FOR A CROWD | MARTHA …
CHICKEN PHO SOUP RECIPE - BIG BATCH MEALS
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP EGG NOODLES - VEHI
LARGE BATCH SOUP RECIPES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
SMALL BATCH CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP - ICOOK FOR TWO
28+ LARGE BATCH CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP RECIPE PNG
AIMéE'S BIG BATCH CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP RECIPE
LARGE BATCH SOUP - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
HOMEMADE CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP | FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
BIG BATCH CHUNKY CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP | HOMEMADE CHICKEN …
HOMEMADE CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP - JESSICA GAVIN
EASY CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP - READY IN 15 - COOKTHESTORY
30 MINUTE PANTRY CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP - BIG BEAR'S WIFE
HOMEMADE CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP [VIDEO] - THE RECIPE REBEL
THE BEST HOMEMADE CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP - BUDGET BYTES
AIMéE'S BIG BATCH CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP RECIPE - SIMPLE BITES
BIG BATCH CHICKEN TINGA FILLING - CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
BIG BATCH CHICKEN, LENTIL, BEAN & RICE SOUP | CHICKEN.CA
ULTIMATE CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP - THE DARING GOURMET
CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP LARGE RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
BIG BATCH CREAMY GARLIC PARMESAN CHICKEN - CAMPBELL SOUP …
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make chicken noodle soup taste better?We love to add poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper to our chicken noodle soup recipe. If you want a little sweeter taste you can add a little parsley and basil. First, sweat the veggies in butter on low heat then add the flour, milk, and seasonings. Next, dissolve bouillon cubes in 1 cup of water.
How to cook chicken noodles with vegetables?First, sweat the veggies in butter on low heat then add the flour, milk, and seasonings. Next, dissolve bouillon cubes in 1 cup of water. Then, add 9 cups of water and the bouillon water to the veggies. Next, add in the cooked chicken and noodles and let everything simmer together for 20 minutes or until the noodles are tender.
How much does it cost to make chicken noodle soup?This homemade Chicken Noodle Soup is slightly creamy and seriously crave-worthy! It’s easy to make and will feed 8-10 people! It costs just $6.73 to make and 85¢ per serving. A few years ago when I was home sick with little ones, my sister-in-law, Katie, brought over the best homemade chicken noodle soup.
How to cook chicken noodles in a crock pot?Add 9 cups of water and the bouillon water to the veggies. Increase the heat to medium-high and cook until the mixture comes to a low boil. Reduce the heat to low, and stir in the noodles and shredded chicken and let everything simmer together for 20 minutes, or until the noodles are tender.