BIG BROTHER TED'S VEGGIE BEEF "STOUP"!
An extremely hearty, aromatic and very flavorful rustic type soup/stew. My dear big brother has developed this recipe over the years by adding & subtracting ingredients and perfecting his version! I'm honored that I was able to persuade him to write out and share the recipe! It's a stick-to-your-ribs meal in itself but be sure to serve with crusty peasant bread and a big salad! Nothing subtle about THIS "stoup"! I do believe he adapted this recipe from some of the soups and stews our mother and grandmother made (both restaurateurs)-and that may account for the quantity!!!
Provided by bestbema
Categories Roast Beef
Yield 3 1/2 gallons, 10-12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Large stock Pot (4 gal or more).
- Brown beef, put in stock pot, add frozen veggies, garlic and potatoes, stirring to mix, then add onions, cabbage and stir in seasonings. Add broth to cover. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 2 hours until potatoes and meat are tender.
- Makes approximately 3-31/2 gal. Feeds 10-12 "stoup" lovers. Serve with fresh baked bread or crackers with REAL butter -- to heck with cholesterol (his words!). Even better the next day!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 846.1, Fat 17.3, SaturatedFat 6.9, Cholesterol 149.7, Sodium 1387.2, Carbohydrate 116.2, Fiber 21.2, Sugar 15.9, Protein 68.2
This is like a soup because it is not thick, and like a stew because it is full of chunky veggies. I am not a big stew (thick broth) fan, so every time a recipe calls to thicken the broth, I just omit it. I made this one time at the restaurant when I had to make family meal (I made on a much larger scale) and brought some home because there was a lot left over. My parents and sister raved about it, so I had to make at home again. I don't really measure when I cook, so everything is a guesstimate. Please add or subtract to your own tastes. (also, I use sirloin tips because my family is very impatient and did not want to wait for meat to tenderize).
Provided by Brisket in Roses
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In a stockpot, heat olive oil and brown beef. Cover with water and add the 2 cups of red wine. in a cheesecloth, wrap the fresh thyme, bay leaves, garlic cloves, and black peppercorns and add to simmering beef (I actually use tea diffusers instead of cheesecloth, just pop everything in the diffuser and hang into the pot).
- Once it starts to simmer, add the carrots, onions, and celery.
- Let cook on medium heat. once meat is almost ready, about 20-25 minutes, add the rest of the veggies and the remaining red wine. Cook until potatoes are tender, but not mushy.
- Adjust to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
HOMEMADE VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP
My mom made this soup when I was young. I have always loved her soups. When I was able to start cooking by myself I fell in love and have added and taken items away, but my fiance love my soups. And he isn't even big on soups. I hope your family enjoys the soup as much as mine does.
Provided by renee
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Mix beef broth and beef stew meat in a large pot over medium heat. Bring broth to a simmer, reduce heat to low, and cook beef at a simmer until tender, about 45 minutes.
- Stir corn, green beans, tomato sauce, and tomato paste with the beef. Pour tomato-vegetable juice cocktail into the pot; season with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cook for 5 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 177.5 calories, Carbohydrate 18.3 g, Cholesterol 35.9 mg, Fat 4.6 g, Fiber 3.3 g, Protein 16.7 g, SaturatedFat 1.7 g, Sodium 987.9 mg, Sugar 7.6 g
SLOW COOKER GROUND BEEF AND VEGETABLE SOUP
Here's an old-time hamburger and mixed vegetable soup, made the way Grandma made it...if Grandma had a slow cooker. If you can't go home and check on it on a week day be sure to added extra broth at the beginning. A large bag of frozen mixed vegetables can be used in place of the canned vegetables.
Provided by Cindy
Categories Beef Soup
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Stir beef broth, ground sirloin, corn, green beans, peas, tomato sauce, carrots, potatoes, onion, celery, garlic, parsley, celery seed, and bay leaves together in a slow cooker.
- Cook on Low for 4 hours. Check for moisture and add broth as needed. Continue cooking another 4 hours. Season with salt and black pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 353.9 calories, Carbohydrate 45.9 g, Cholesterol 45.9 mg, Fat 10.4 g, Fiber 9 g, Protein 22.4 g, SaturatedFat 3.9 g, Sodium 1465 mg, Sugar 12.2 g
More about "big brother teds veggie beef stoup recipes"
MELT-IN-YOUR-MOUTH BEEF AND VEGETABLE SOUP - YOUTUBE
Author RecipeTin EatsViews 122K
VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP - GIMME SOME OVEN
INSTANT POT VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP - BIG BEAR'S WIFE
VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP (FALL APART BEEF!) | RECIPETIN EATS
BEST BEEF BONE BROTH VEGETABLE SOUP | THE SECRET - BIG …
VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP - WHOLESOME FARMHOUSE RECIPES
INSTANT POT VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP - BIG BEAR'S WIFE
OLD-FASHIONED VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP (EASY RECIPE) - INSANELY GOOD
5/5 (5)Total Time 5 hrs 55 minsCategory Recipes, SoupCalories 178 per serving
HOMEMADE BEEF VEGETABLE SOUP - THE WOODEN SKILLET
VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP - THE FARMWIFE COOKS
TEDS BROTHER RECIPES | RECIPEBRIDGE RECIPE SEARCH
VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP ~ YOUR RECIPES - BLOGGER
FRISCH'S (BIG BOY) VEGETABLE SOUP RECIPE - PINTEREST
TOMATO VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP WITH LIMA BEANS RECIPE
BIG BROTHER TED'S VEGGIE BEEF "STOUP"! RECIPE
BEEF BONE BROTH-BASED VEGETABLE SOUP. - ISLAND SMILE
THE BEST GROUND BEEF VEGETABLE SOUP (INSTANT POT OR STOVETOP)
EASY VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP - BUDGET BYTES
VEGETABLE-BEEF SOUP RECIPE
BEEF VEGETABLE SOUP RECIPE - THE CLEAN EATING COUPLE
MY MOM'S OLD-FASHIONED VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP - SMILE SANDWICH
OLD-FASHIONED VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP - MY HOMEMADE ROOTS
BOB EVANS COPYCAT RECIPES: HEARTY BEEF VEGETABLE SOUP - PINTEREST
SLOW COOKER VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP - SPEND WITH PENNIES
VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP | THE SEASONED HOMEMAKER
HOME CANNED VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP -SIMPLE COMFORT IN A JAR
HOMEMADE VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP - GRANNY'S IN THE KITCHEN
BIG BROTHER TED'S VEGGIE BEEF "STOUP"! - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
BEEF VEGETABLE SOUP (BOB EVANS) | ROSE IMPERATO - COPY ME THAT
BEEF, BARLEY & VEGGIE STOUP RECIPE
VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP (PLUS VIDEO) - IMMACULATE BITES
BEEF AND VEGETABLE BONE BROTH SOUP - SIMPLY FINE GOURMET
VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP - A MIND "FULL" MOM
MOM'S HEARTY VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP - ALL THE HEALTHY THINGS
VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP (LOADED WITH FRESH VEGGIES
VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP (INSTANT POT + STOVE TOP) - BOULDER LOCAVORE®
PIONEER WOMAN'S VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP - HALF-SCRATCHED
CANNING VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP - PRESERVING THE GOOD LIFE
RECIPE HEARTY BEEF AND FREEZER VEGGIE SOUP - RECIPES.CAMP
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to make vegetable beef soup?This super easy vegetable beef soup is a filling and flavorful option for lunch, dinner, or your weekly meal prep! Dice the onion and mince the garlic. Add the onion and garlic to a soup pot along with the olive oil. Sauté over medium heat until the onions are soft and translucent.
Can you make vegetable beef soup in the Instant Pot?Vegetable Beef Soup is a hearty, soul-warming recipe full of chunky texture and wholesome ingredients. This recipe can be made in the Instant Pot or on the Stove Top! Instructions for both included. The only thing better than a hearty, chunky soup on a cold weather day is an EASY recipe to make it.
What are some good recipes to make with beef broth?If pot looks dry, add a touch more oil. Add garlic and onion, cook for 2 minutes. Add carrot and celery, cook for 2 minutes or until onion is translucent. Stir in flour, then slowly pour in beef broth while constantly stirring. Add beer, water, tomato paste, bay leaves and thyme, stir well.
How do you make the perfect beef stew?Remove browned beef into a bowl. If pot looks dry, add a touch more oil. Add garlic and onion, cook for 2 minutes. Add carrot and celery, cook for 2 minutes or until onion is translucent. Stir in flour, then slowly pour in beef broth while constantly stirring. Add beer, water, tomato paste, bay leaves and thyme, stir well.