Essentially oats soaked in fruit juice, or milk, with nuts and fruit, Bircher muesli has a long history, and enough versions floating around to prove it. The original was created in the early 1900s by Maximilian Bircher-Benner, a Swiss doctor. It consisted of oats, grated apple, nuts, lemon and condensed milk and honey, but over time, people have gotten creative with the formula. This version is a choose-your-own-adventure recipe that is great to make ahead in large or small batches. Some recipes call for apple juice or applesauce for moisture, but this version uses creamy Greek yogurt instead. Tahini adds richness, but substitute another nut butter or skip it all together if you'd rather. Swap out the nuts and dried fruit to suit your tastes and what you have. (Dates are especially nice.) Thin individual servings with more milk, if needed, then top with additional fresh fruit, nuts and a drizzle of maple syrup. It's cool, creamy, chewy and crunchy all at once.
Provided by Yossy Arefi
Categories breakfast, brunch, snack
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a container with a lid, stir together the oats, yogurt, milk, apples, pecans, tahini (if using), raisins and cherries. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 4 days.
- Stir before serving, and add a bit of milk if it has gotten too thick. Top individual servings with additional fresh or dried fruit, nuts and maple syrup.
ORIGINAL SWISS BIRCHER MUESLI
Homemade traditional Swiss Bircher muesli is a delicious, healthy breakfast option. This European recipe contains a mix of oats, fruits, and nuts.
Provided by Jennifer McGavin
Number Of Ingredients 6
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1953 kcal, Carbohydrate 100 g, Cholesterol 6 mg, Fiber 29 g, Protein 54 g, SaturatedFat 21 g, Sodium 495 mg, Sugar 46 g, Fat 164 g, ServingSize 1 serving, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
BIRCHER MUESLI (SWISS OATMEAL)
This is a great breakfast that you can grab fast in the morning. It goes great with a hot cup of coffee. It also keeps very well so you can make some on Sunday night and enjoy it all week!
Provided by Palpatine66
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Mix oats, apple, milk, yogurt, banana, raisins, walnuts, almonds, brown sugar, honey, and orange juice together in a bowl. Chill in refrigerator for at least 1 hour to set.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 343.5 calories, Carbohydrate 62.8 g, Cholesterol 6.1 mg, Fat 6.2 g, Fiber 6.2 g, Protein 12.3 g, SaturatedFat 1.5 g, Sodium 77.8 mg, Sugar 29.3 g
The recipe for this delicious muesli was published in the Australian Gourmet Traveller, in 1994, at the request of a reader who had enjoyed it at one of the Holiday Inn hotels. This is our adaptation, which we love to have as a treat on Sunday mornings. Preparation time does not include leaving the mixture overnight.
Provided by Daydream
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large bowl, combine the rolled oats, orange juice, milk, sugar, honey, yoghurt, vanilla essence and sultanas.
- Mix well, cover, and either refrigerate or leave in a cool place overnight.
- The next morning, whip the cream, and fold it through the muesli with the slivered almonds (and grated apple if desired).
- If the consistency is firmer than you prefer, add more milk or cream to taste.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon or nutmeg (optional).
- Serve with fresh fruit.
Bircher Muesli was introduced around 1900 by the Swiss physician Maximilian Bircher-Benner for patients in his hospital, where a diet rich in fresh fruit and vegetables was an essential part of therapy. The original Bircher-Benner recipe is proportionately the opposite of most muesli available in today's supermarket varieties, calling for far more fruit than grains.
Provided by JackieOhNo
Yield 1 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Mix all ingredients together directly before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 182.3, Fat 5.4, SaturatedFat 3, Cholesterol 16.6, Sodium 7.8, Carbohydrate 35.7, Fiber 5.9, Sugar 23.6, Protein 1.6
BIRCHER MUESLI WITH APPLE & BANANA
Soaking oats and seeds overnight makes them easier to digest, and the muesli will be extra creamy. Great for a quick breakfast straight from the fridge
Provided by Justine Pattison
Categories Breakfast, Brunch
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Put the grated apple in a bowl and add the oats, seeds, half the nuts and the cinnamon. Toss together well. Stir in the yogurt and 100ml cold water, cover and chill for several hours or overnight. Spoon the muesli into two bowls and top with the sliced banana, sultanas and remaining nuts.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 405 calories, Fat 18 grams fat, SaturatedFat 3 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 44 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 28 grams sugar, Fiber 7 grams fiber, Protein 13 grams protein, Sodium 0.1 milligram of sodium
More about "bircher muesli recipes"
HEALTHY BIRCHER MUESLI RECIPE | JAMIE MAGAZINE RECIPES
Servings 2Total Time 10 minsCategory BreakfastCalories 381 per serving
- The night before, put the oats, chia seeds and pumpkin seeds into a bowl or container, pour over the milk, and add the maple syrup, vanilla and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Mix well, then cover and pop into the fridge overnight.In the morning, chop the pears into little chunks, sprinkle over the cinnamon and add the sour cherries.
- Either layer them up with the oats and seeds in a glass or bowl, or just run out of the door with everything in a little container.
BIRCHER MUESLI : THE ORIGINAL OVERNIGHT OATS RECIPE - MY …
5/5 (24)Servings 4-6
BIRCHER MUESLI OVERNIGHT OATS - WHAT A GIRL EATS
SWISS BIRCHER MUESLI (THE ORIGINAL OVERNIGHT OATS)
HOMEMADE BIRCHER MUESLI - STEPHANIE KAY NUTRITION
BIRCHER MUESLI RECIPE - ALDI
COFFEE BIRCHER MUESLI | RICARDO
BIRCHER MUESLI – THE ORIGINAL OVERNIGHT OATS RECIPE
BIRCHER MüESLI RECIPE • 7 TIPS FOR MAKING THIS CLASSIC SWISS …
HOMEMADE BIRCHER MUESLI RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
BIRCHER MUESLI WITH SOUR CHERRIES RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
BIRCHER MUESLI RECIPE NZ. HEALTHY BREAKFAST IDEAS - HEART …
BEST BIRCHER MUESLI RECIPE [HOMEMADE RECIPE] - THE …
BIRCHER MUESLI - HEALTHY FOOD GUIDE
PRET A MANGER BIRCHER MUESLI BOWL RECIPE — PINCH OF MANIA
SWISS BIRCHER MUESLI - WHOLESOME OATS | HURRY THE FOOD UP
HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT BIRCHER MUESLI | BREAKFAST | THE GUARDIAN
VEGAN BIRCHER MUESLI RECIPE (DAIRY FREE, GLUTEN FREE)
EASY AND HEALTHY SWISS BIRCHER MUESLI RECIPE - MRS JONES'S KITCHEN
SIMPLE HEALTHY BIRCHER MUESLI - GARLIC & ZEST
BIRCHER MUESLI - BASIC RECIPE FOR SWISS OATMEAL | THE WORKTOP
BIRCHER MUESLI - ANNABEL LANGBEIN – RECIPES
SIMPLE BIRCHER MUESLI RECIPE - A TASTY KITCHEN
BIRCHER MUESLI - GORDON RAMSAY'S RECIPES
OVERNIGHT OATS (BIRCHER MUESLI) | RICARDO
HOMEMADE BIRCHER MUESLI RECIPE - DELISH
EASY BIRCHER MUESLI RECIPE: A QUICK AND HEALTHY, FUSS-FREE START TO …
BIRCHER MUESLI RECIPE - HEALTHIER. HAPPIER. QUEENSLAND.
BUSY MORNING BIRCHER MUESLI | ALEXANDRA'S KITCHEN
BIRCHER MUESLI (THE ORIGINAL OVERNIGHT OATS) - ALPHAFOODIE
BIRCHER MUESLI RECIPE - COOKIST
BIRCHER MUESLI RECIPE - BBC FOOD
VEGAN BIRCHER MUESLI - SIMPLE VEGAN BLOG
BIRCHER MUESLI RECIPE - BAKE PLAY SMILE
BIRCHER MUESLI RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE SWISS OATMEAL
BIRCHER MUESLI » THE CANDIDA DIET
GORDON RAMSAY'S BIRCHER MUESLI RECIPE - YOUTUBE
BIRCHER MUESLI RECIPE | VEGAN RECIPES | GORDON RAMSAY RECIPES
CREAMY OVERNIGHT BIRCHER MUESLI | HEALTHY BREAKFAST RECIPES
BIRCHER MUESLI | SAINSBURY'S RECIPES
OUR 5 FAVOURITE BIRCHER MUESLI RECIPES | CARMAN'S KITCHEN
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #for-1-or-2 #breakfast #fruit #kid-friendly #grains #dietary #pasta-rice-and-grains #brunch #number-of-servings
You'll also love