DOUBLE CHOCOLATE BISCOTTI
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in cocoa and baking powder. Beat for 2 minutes. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Stir in flour by hand. Mix in white chocolate and chocolate chips. Cover dough, and chill for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Divide dough into two parts, and roll each part into a 9 inch long log. Place logs on lightly greased cookie sheet, about 4 inches apart. Flatten slightly.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then carefully transfer to a wire rack to cool for one hour.
- Cut each loaf into 1/2 inch wide diagonal slices. Place slices on an ungreased cookie sheet, and bake at 325 degrees F ( 165 degrees C) for 9 minutes. Turn cookies over, and bake for 7 to 9 minutes. Cool completely, then store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 98.8 calories, Carbohydrate 12.7 g, Cholesterol 17.8 mg, Fat 5.1 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 1.5 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, Sodium 53 mg, Sugar 7.4 g
- Gather the ingredients. Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare a large baking sheet by lining with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, cream the granulated sugar and butter together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and beat until well combined.
- Stir in the flour mixture to form a stiff dough.
- Mix in the mini chocolate chips until combined.
- Divide the dough in half. Form the dough into two slightly flattened logs on prepared baking sheets, each approximately 12 inches long and 2 inches wide. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until slightly firm to the touch. Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board and cut diagonally into 3/4-inch slices.
- Arrange the biscotti, cut sides down, on the prepared baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes, or until crisp.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- To make the chocolate ganache, combine the 1 cup of chocolate chips, cream, and espresso in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in 30-second intervals, stirring each time, until the chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Dip about 1/3 of each biscotti in the ganache. Lay the dipped biscotti on a cooling rack. Allow the biscotti to harden for several hours or overnight before wrapping for storage.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 173 kcal, Carbohydrate 24 g, Cholesterol 27 mg, Fiber 1 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, Sodium 149 mg, Sugar 14 g, Fat 8 g, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
MAYAN CHOCOLATE BISCOTTI
Those who enjoy Mexican hot chocolate will love every bite of subtle sweetness and heat in this perked-up biscotti. -Chris Michalowski, Dallas, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add 1 egg at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in coffee liqueur and vanilla. Combine the flour, chili pepper, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the pecans, chocolate chips and grated chocolate., Divide dough in half. On an ungreased baking sheet, shape each half into a 10x2-in. rectangle. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until set and lightly browned., Place pans on wire racks. When cool enough to handle, transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 3/4-in. slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets., Bake for 8-10 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 191 calories, Fat 12g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 28mg cholesterol, Sodium 81mg sodium, Carbohydrate 21g carbohydrate (11g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
SINFUL CHOCOLATE BISCOTTI
A brownie-like biscotti that tastes great with a cup of coffee. Drizzle with more chocolate if desired. Especially popular in the winter time when coffee and chocolate taste so much better. Enjoy!
Provided by Chef V
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine vanilla extract and espresso powder in a small bowl; mix until espresso powder is dissolved.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt into a bowl; mix in chocolate chips.
- Whisk vanilla mixture, sugar, eggs, and oil together in a large bowl. Add flour mixture; stir, by hand if needed, until dough comes together and is thick and stiff.
- Divide dough into 2 equal pieces and place onto the baking sheets. Shape each piece into a log as long as the baking sheet; press down with wet hands to about 1/2 inch thickness.
- Bake in the preheated oven until firm, about 25 minutes. Remove from oven and cool until easily handled, about 5 minutes.
- Move cooled logs to a cutting board and slice into 1/2-inch long slices with a serrated knife. Return the slices to the baking sheets, placing them on their sides.
- Bake until dry, about 6 minutes per side. Remove from oven and let cool until hardened on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 103.1 calories, Carbohydrate 14.7 g, Cholesterol 14 mg, Fat 4.7 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 1.8 g, SaturatedFat 1.4 g, Sodium 60.5 mg, Sugar 7.5 g
UNION SQUARE CAFE'S CHOCOLATE BISCOTTI
The recipe for these superb biscotti came to The Times in 2009 from Union Square Cafe, the Manhattan restaurant. Wrap a few of these up as a parting gift for dinner guests, or eat a few and stash the rest in the freezer for a treat any time.
Provided by Alex Witchel
Yield 60 to 80 biscotti
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12- by 17-inch baking sheet with parchment paper or nonstick liner. Sift together the flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda; set aside.
- Using a heavy-duty electric mixer, cream together the brown sugar, granulated sugar and butter for 3 to 5 minutes at medium speed. Add vanilla extract and espresso. Mix for 10 seconds. Add eggs one at a time, mixing for 10 seconds at medium-low speed after each addition. Add sifted flour mixture and mix at low speed until dough comes together, 1 to 2 minutes. Add chocolate chips and mix just until chips are evenly incorporated, 15 to 20 seconds.
- Transfer dough to a work surface and divide in two, shaping into balls. Form each ball into a log 1 1/2 to 2 inches wide. Transfer logs to prepared baking sheet and flatten slightly. Brush tops of logs with egg wash and sprinkle each log with 1 tablespoon raw sugar. Bake until biscotti have spread, have a few cracks and bounce back slightly when pressed with fingertips, 30 to 40 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Using a sharp serrated knife, cut logs into 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch slices. Place each slice with a cut side down on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or nonstick liner. Bake until firm, crisp and slightly dry, about 15 minutes. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days, or freeze for up to three months.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 67, UnsaturatedFat 0 grams, Carbohydrate 12 grams, Fat 2 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 1 gram, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 43 milligrams, Sugar 9 grams, TransFat 0 grams
MEXICAN CHOCOLATE BISCOTTI
These Italian cookies are made without butter or oil and are twice baked to crisp perfection. Try Almond Biscotti, Cherry Espresso Biscotti, Rum-Soaked Raisin Biscotti, and Brown Sugar and Date Biscotti.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes about 40
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, cayenne, cinnamon, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Using an electric mixer, beat in eggs and vanilla until combined. Add bittersweet chocolate and beat until combined.
- Divide dough in half and transfer to a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet. Form each half into a 2 1/2-inch-wide, 3/4-inch-tall log. Bake until dough is firm but gives slightly when pressed, 20 to 25 minutes, rotating sheet halfway through. Let cool on sheet on a wire rack, 20 minutes.
- With a serrated knife, cut logs into 1/4-inch slices on the diagonal and arrange, cut side down, on two parchment-lined rimmed baking sheets. Bake until biscotti are crisp and golden, about 15 minutes, rotating sheets and flipping biscotti halfway through. Let cool on sheets on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 114 g, Fat 3 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 1 g
MEXICAN CHOCOLATE BISCOTTI
Nancy C. Evans of Phoenix, Arizona captured the spicy cinnamon flavor of Mexican chocolate in her original recipe for biscotti. The spicy chocolate cinnamon cane sugar is a nice addition to most recipes that feature Mexican chocolate flavors. -Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 2-1/2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 325°. Whisk the first 5 ingredients. In another bowl, whisk 5 eggs and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients. Stir in walnuts, chocolate chips and cherries. Transfer to a lightly floured surface; knead gently until dough forms (dough will be sticky)., Using floured hands, divide dough into 3 portions. Shape each portion into an 8x3-in. rectangle on parchment-lined baking sheets. Beat remaining egg; brush over tops. Bake until firm to the touch, 30-35 minutes. Cool on pans on wire racks until firm, 10-15 minutes., Reduce oven setting to 300°. Transfer baked rectangles to a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, cut diagonally into 3/4-in. slices. Place on baking sheets, cut side down. Bake until crisp, 10-12 minutes on each side. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 208 calories, Fat 8g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 37mg cholesterol, Sodium 78mg sodium, Carbohydrate 33g carbohydrate (19g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
BISCOTTI AL CIOCCOLATO E NOCE (DOUBLE CHOCOLATE WALNUT BISCOTTI)
I found this recipe on CookiesfromItaly.com. I liked it so much, I will be making these for Christmas! If only I could eat cookies all the time, I'd be in the kitchen right now making a batch!
Provided by Maureenie
Yield 30 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Butter and flour a large baking sheet.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl with an electric mixer beat together the butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat until mixed well. Stir in flour mixture to form a stiff dough. Stir in walnuts and chocolate chips.
- On the prepared baking sheet with floured hands, form dough into two slightly flattened logs, each 12 inches long and 2 inches wide, and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Bake logs for 35 minutes, or until slightly firm to the touch. Cool biscotti on the baking sheet for 5 minutes.
- On a cutting board, cut biscotti diagonally into 3/4 inch slices.
- Arrange biscotti, cut sides down, on baking sheet and bake until crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Cool biscotti on a rack. Keep the biscotti in air-tight containers for 1 week and, frozen, 1 month. Yields 30 biscotti.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 131.3, Fat 6.7, SaturatedFat 2.7, Cholesterol 20.2, Sodium 125.5, Carbohydrate 17.3, Fiber 1.2, Sugar 9.4, Protein 2.4
CIOCCOLATO PARADISO (ITALIAN CHOCOLATE PARADISE BISCOTTI)
Milk chocolate chunks and toasty almonds stud these orange-scented biscotti for a delectable flavor harmony-- yum! These are one of my favorite biscotti cookies of all time. Excellent for dunking in a cup of hot coffee or espresso, or with a sweet dessert wine such as Asti Spumante. Enjoy! Recipe is taken from a wonderful little book of biscotti recipes by Lou Seibert Pappas, entitled "Biscotti".
Provided by BecR2400
Yield 48 biscotti
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Place nuts in a shallow pan and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 5 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown (do not overcook). Let cool.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and 1/2 cup sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg yolks, vanilla and orange zest.
- In a bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Add to the creamed mixture, mixing just until crumbly.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff soft peaks form and beat in remaining sugar, beating until stiff but not dry.
- Fold meringue into the crumbly dough, mixing until it clings together.
- Cut nuts into halves or thirds and fold in along with chocolate.
- Divide dough in half. Form into two logs on a greased and floured baking sheet making them about 1/2 inch thick, 1 1/2 inches wide and 16 inches long, sppacing them at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake in the middle of a preheated 325 degree F oven for 25 minutes or until set and golden brown.
- Transfer from the baking sheet to a rack. Let cool 5 minutes. Place on a cutting board. With a serrated knife, slice diagonally at a 45 degree angle about 1/2 inch thick.
- Place the slices upright on a baking sheet and return to the oven at 300 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes to dry slightly. Let cool on a rack. Store in a tightly covered container. Makes about 4 dozen biscotti.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 108.1, Fat 5.8, SaturatedFat 2.3, Cholesterol 17.7, Sodium 66.8, Carbohydrate 12.3, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 7.2, Protein 2.2
More about "biscotti cioccolato recipes"
CHOCOLATE KISSES (BACI DI CIOCCOLATO) - ONCE UPON A CHEF
Cuisine ItalianTotal Time 1 hrCategory DessertsCalories 114 per serving
- Place the almonds and 3 tablespoons of the granulated sugar in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade. Process until the almonds are finely ground and powdery.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or beaters, beat the butter and confectioners' sugar on medium speed until creamy and light, about 2 minutes. Beat in the vanilla and rum (if using), scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Add the dry ingredients and beat on low speed until combined, then beat in the ground almond mixture. Scrape the dough onto a large piece of plastic wrap, wrap it, and flatten it into a disc. Chill for about 1 hour, or until it is firm enough to handle.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and set two oven racks in the centermost positions. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
CHOCOLATE CHIP BISCOTTI (CANTUCCI) RECIPE - AN ITALIAN IN …
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE BISCOTTI - ONCE UPON A CHEF
CHOCOLATE BISCOTTI | CHOCOLATE RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER …
BEST CATALAN BISCOTTI RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CATALAN …
EASY CHOCOLATE BISCOTTI RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
EASY CHOCOLATE BISCOTTI RECIPE - SHE WEARS MANY HATS
DARK CHOCOLATE ORANGE BISCOTTI - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
CANTUCCI TOSCANI - RECIPE FOR TUSCAN COOKIES | EATALY
ALICE'S BISCOTTI CIOCCOLATO RECIPE - RECIPELAND.COM
SUPER EASY CHOCOLATE BISCOTTI RECIPE - THE REBEL CHICK
ROBINHOOD | CHOCOLATA BISCOTTI
CLASSIC BISCOTTI RECIPE - 4 WAYS - KRISTINE'S KITCHEN
BISCOTTI NOCCIOLE CIOCCOLATO RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
BISCOTTI AL CIOCCOLATO RECIPE
ASTRAY RECIPES: BISCOTTI CIOCCOLATO
MRS. TIGANI'S CHOCOLATE AND BLACK PEPPER COOKIES / BISCOTTI AL ...
CANTUCCI BISCOTTI RECIPE - LA CUCINA ITALIANA
CRANBERRY AND PISTACHIO BISCOTTI - INSIDE THE RUSTIC KITCHEN
CANTUCCINI: ORIGINAL "BISCOTTI" FROM TUSCANY | ITALIAN KIWI
TRIPLE CHOCOLATE BISCOTTI (CANTUCCI AL CIOCCOLATO)
BISCOTTI CIOCCOLATO RECIPE - COOKING INDEX
CHOCOLATE ANISE BISCOTTI - LIDIA
AMAZING DOUBLE CHOCOLATE BISCOTTI - PRETTY. SIMPLE. SWEET.
25 BEST BISCOTTI RECIPES TO ENJOY WITH COFFEE - INSANELY GOOD
BISCOTTI AL CIOCCOLATO RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
THE BEST EASY AND CLASSIC BISCOTTI RECIPE | COOKIES AND CUPS
ITALIAN LEMON BISCOTTI (CANTUCCI) RECIPE - AN ITALIAN IN MY KITCHEN
BISCOTTI CIOCCOLATO | BISCOTTI CIOCCOLATO | AMERICANRECIPES.EU
BISCOTTI CIOCCOLATO - COMPLETERECIPES.COM
CHOCOLATE AND WALNUT BISCOTTI / BISCOTTI DI CIOCCOLATO ED NOCI
RECIPES > BAKED GOODS > HOW TO MAKE BISCOTTI CIOCCOLATO
BISCOTTI CIOCCOLATO - BIGOVEN.COM
CHOCOLATE BISCOTTI RECIPE - DAVID LEBOVITZ
BISCOTTI CIOCCOLATO - BIGOVEN.COM
BEST BISCOTTI CIOCCOLATO RECIPE
You'll also love