QUICK AND EASY BLACK BEAN SOUP
- Place bacon in a cold pot. Turn heat to medium, cook and stir until the bacon is cooked but not crisp.
- Stir in onion; cook and stir for 5 minutes, until the onion turns translucent and golden.
- Stir in garlic; cook for 2-3 minutes. Add chicken stock, turn heat to medium-high. Stir in oregano, cayenne and salt. Add black beans and water. Return to a simmer.
- Simmer on medium-low, stirring occasionally, for 20-30 minutes. While it's cooking, mash about half the beans to thicken the soup.
- Stir in black pepper and cumin. Add salt to taste.
- Make the relish by stirring together minced green onion, sambal paste, and lime juice.
- Serve garnished with relish, chopped green onions, and sour cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 320.4 calories, Carbohydrate 43.5 g, Cholesterol 19.9 mg, Fat 8.8 g, Fiber 15.9 g, Protein 18.8 g, SaturatedFat 3.5 g, Sodium 1182.3 mg, Sugar 2.7 g
BLACK BEAN SOUP
Back in college, a great local cafe stayed opened into the wee hours ladling up their version of this stuff. The first time I slurped some of it down after midnight, I decided to make black bean soup my own tradition. Mine is hearty and smoky, and if it's lying around, I'll also throw in a can of beer for good taste and in keeping with the spirit of a good night on the town. Like the onion soup, you'll want to make this ahead of time so you're not faced with the prep-work when you and your friends just want to kick back and chow down after a long night. Using smoked bacon makes all the difference in the world because those beans are just begging for that rich, smoky flavor.
Provided by Dave Lieberman
Yield 8 to 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Put the bacon into a large heavy pot and place it over medium heat. Cook until it starts to give up its fat, about 4 minutes. Stir in the onions and cook, stirring, until they start to turn translucent, about 4 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook until you can smell it, about 1 minute. Add the broth, tomatoes, ketchup, Worcestershire, and chili powder. Stir in the beans, turn the heat to high and bring to a boil. Adjust the heat so the soup is bubbling gently and cook 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, pick off all the thick stems from the cilantro. Wash it and shake dry. Chop the cilantro coarsely and stir it into the soup when it has been simmering 10 minutes. cook until the soup is thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the lime juice. Serve with the garnishes.
HAM AND BLACK BEAN SOUP
I originally made this slightly spicy soup for my husband, who enjoys black beans. But I ended up loving it, too! Even more compliments came from our neighbors who stopped by and stayed for supper.-Laura Meurer, Green Bay, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or until onion is tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 202 calories, Fat 3g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 14mg cholesterol, Sodium 1222mg sodium, Carbohydrate 29g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 8g fiber), Protein 14g protein.
EASY BLACK BEAN SOUP
This soup is a favorite pantry meal for my family. Easy, easy, easy to make and nutritious. I got the recipe from the back of a soup can but have improvised this soup many times. Feel free to adjust seasonings as you like.
Provided by Tessa Morales
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Saute onion in olive oil.
- When onion becomes translucent, add cumin.
- Cook 30 seconds, then add garlic and cook for another 30 to 60 seconds.
- Add 1 can black beans and 2 cups vegetable broth.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off heat.
- Using a hand blender, blend the ingredients in the pot, or transfer to a blender.
- Add the second can of beans to the pot along with blended ingredients and bring to a simmer.
- Serve soup with bowls of red onion and cilantro for garnish.
- I add a bit of cilantro to the pot, too.
- Can be doubled or frozen.
EASY BLACK BEAN SOUP
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, and cook the onion until tender. Mix in ginger and garlic, and season with cayenne pepper, thyme, allspice, and celery salt. Pour in the broth. Mix in tomato puree, refried black beans, black pepper, and sugar. Cook and stir until heated through.
- Mix the remaining black beans and lemon juice into the soup. Continue cooking until heated through. Top each serving with a dollop of sour cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 239.7 calories, Carbohydrate 28.3 g, Cholesterol 12.5 mg, Fat 11.6 g, Fiber 7.8 g, Protein 8.1 g, SaturatedFat 4.2 g, Sodium 731.4 mg, Sugar 7.1 g
VEGAN BLACK BEAN SOUP
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Saute onion, celery, carrots and garlic for 5 minutes. Season with chili powder, cumin, and black pepper; cook for 1 minute. Stir in vegetable broth, 2 cans of beans, and corn. Bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor or blender, process remaining 2 cans beans and tomatoes until smooth. Stir into boiling soup mixture, reduce heat to medium, and simmer for 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 410.2 calories, Carbohydrate 75.3 g, Fat 5 g, Fiber 25 g, Protein 21.9 g, SaturatedFat 0.8 g, Sodium 1733.6 mg, Sugar 7.2 g
BLACK BEAN SOUP I
I live where black beans are a favorite, and I wanted black bean soup with a different taste. The results were wonderfully delicious. Serve with corn muffins. This recipe freezes well. Enjoy.
Provided by Joelene Craver
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Simmer beans, water, ham bone, broth, and salt for 1 1/2 hours.
- Discard ham bone. Puree about 1/2 of soup; pour back into pot.
- Saute onion, tomato, and meat in oil until onion is soft. Stir in vinegar, and then add mixture to beans. Simmer for 20 minutes. Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 311 calories, Carbohydrate 43 g, Cholesterol 5.6 mg, Fat 7.4 g, Fiber 10.2 g, Protein 19 g, SaturatedFat 1.4 g, Sodium 1801.8 mg, Sugar 2.8 g
BLACK BEAN SOUP
- Cover beans with cold water by 3 inches in a bowl and soak at room temperature at least 8 hours, or quick-soak (see cooks' note, below). Drain well in a colander.
- Cook bacon in a 5- to 6-quart heavy pot over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 5 minutes. Transfer bacon with a slotted spoon to a small bowl and pour off all but 1 tablespoon fat from pot. Reserve 2 tablespoons chopped bacon for topping, then return remaining bacon to pot and heat over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking. Add onion, bell pepper, garlic, chile, oregano, bay leaf, and thyme and sauté, stirring frequently, until onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add beans, chicken broth, and white pepper and simmer, partially covered, stirring occasionally, until beans are very tender, about 2 1/2 hours. Discard bay leaf and stir in cilantro.
- Serve soup topped with sour cream, chopped cilantro, and reserved bacon.
BLACK BEAN SOUP
- PLACE 1 can of beans with liquid and broth in blender or food processor; cover. Blend until smooth. Coat large saucepan with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- ADD blended bean mixture, remaining beans and liquid, salsa, lime juice, cumin and crushed red pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 25 to 30 minutes. Serve topped with yogurt. Garnish with cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 269.7, Fat 1.7, SaturatedFat 0.4, Sodium 702.7, Carbohydrate 49.4, Fiber 16.5, Sugar 4.4, Protein 17.9
CONTEST-WINNING BLACK BEAN SOUP
Black bean soup recipes are among my favorite because they're light and it most of the time don't contain meat. For this recipe, you could add lean beef or chicken for a variation. -Angee Owens, Lufkin, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings (2 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In a small bowl, mash 1 can black beans; set aside. In a large saucepan, saute the celery, onion, red pepper and jalapeno in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. , Stir in the broth, tomatoes, cumin, coriander, hot sauce, pepper, bay leaf, mashed black beans and remaining whole beans. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. , Discard bay leaf. Stir in lime juice. Garnish each serving with 1 tablespoon sour cream and 1-1/2 teaspoons green onion.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 222 calories, Fat 5g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 5mg cholesterol, Sodium 779mg sodium, Carbohydrate 32g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 9g fiber), Protein 11g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
SPICY BLACK BEAN SOUP
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic, onions, jalapenos and 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 6 minutes. Add the cumin and coriander and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the chicken broth and black beans with their liquid. Increase the heat to medium high and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Transfer about three-quarters of the soup to a blender and blend until smooth (be careful when blending hot liquids). Return the soup to the saucepan and season with salt. Serve topped with cilantro and sour cream.
BLACK BEAN SOUP WITH CUMIN AND JALAPEñO
Black Bean Soup with Cumin and Jalapeño. Jennifer Smith of Tyler, Texas, writes: "Now that I'm a stay-at-home mom, I cook more than I used to.
Provided by Jennifer Smith
Yield Makes 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrot, and garlic; sauté until vegetables begin to soften, about 6 minutes. Mix in cumin and 1 teaspoon jalapeño. Add beans, tomatoes with juice, and broth; bring soup to boil. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook until carrots are tender, about 15 minutes. Transfer 3 cups of soup to blender and puree until smooth. Return puree to pot. Simmer soup until slightly thickened, about 15 minutes. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and remaining 1 teaspoon jalapeño, if desired.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Pass cilantro, green onions, and feta cheese separately.
People also searched
More about "black bean soup i recipes"
THE BEST BLACK BEAN SOUP - MAY I HAVE THAT RECIPE?
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Heat the oil in a soup pot. Add the celery, red bell pepper, carrot, onion, garlic and tomato paste cook over medium-high until they start to soften, about 5 minutes
- Add the chili powder, smoked paprika, cumin, salt and red pepperflakes and continue cooking for an additional 3-4 minutes. Add a cup of the water or vegetable broth, and cook for another 2-3 minutes
- Add the black beans with their liquid, the remaining 2 cups of water or vegetable broth and the brown rice. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 -30 minutes, or until rice is cooked and all the veggies are tender (the longer you cook the soup, the better it will taste)
- Add a little more water, if you want the soup to be less thick, but don't add too much or it will water down the flavor
BLACK BEAN SOUP RECIPE | TYLER FLORENCE | FOOD NETWORK
5/5 (48)Author Tyler FlorenceServings 4-6Difficulty Easy
- Pick through the beans and discard any debris - wash under cold running water. In a food processor, add garlic, onion, bell pepper, and cilantro.
- Set a large pot over medium heat and add a 3-count of olive oil. Add the oregano and cumin. Add vegetable puree and saute until just fragrant, 7 to 10 minutes. Add beans, ham hock, jalapeno, and stock. Slightly cover and simmer for 2 hours until beans are tender.
- When cooked, remove bay leaves and take out ham hock. Cut ham meat off the bone, cut into pieces and set aside.
- Using a blender or immersion blender, puree just enough of the beans and stock (about a third of the total pot) to thicken up the soup and bring everything together. Season with salt and pepper and fold ham meat back into the soup.
BLACK BEAN SOUP - ONCE UPON A CHEF
5/5 (84)Category SoupsServings 4Total Time 30 mins
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large soup pan. Add the onions, garlic cloves and carrots and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft and translucent, about 8 minutes. Do not brown.
- Add the black beans, chicken broth, oregano, coriander, cumin, cayenne pepper and salt and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer gently for about 15 minutes.
- Purée the soup using a hand-held immersion blender until very smooth and creamy. (Alternatively, you can use a standard blender to puree the soup in batches; see note.) Stir in the lime juice and season with salt and pepper to taste. Ladle the soup into bowls and top each bowl with a dollop of sour cream and freshly chopped cilantro.
- Note: If using a standard blender, purée the soup in batches, being careful not to fill the jar more than halfway. Be sure to leave the hole in the lid open and loosely cover with a dish towel to allow the heat to escape. Pour the blended soup into a clean pot.
BLACK BEAN SOUP RECIPE - NUM'S THE WORD
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins See details »
CHINESE BLACK BEAN SOUP RECIPE 黑豆汤
See details »
10 BEST BLACK BEAN SOUP WITH CANNED BEANS RECIPES | YUMMLY
See details »
7-INGREDIENT CROCK-POT BLACK BEAN SOUP - LIVE SIMPLY
5/5 Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil. Add the chopped onion and red pepper. Saute the vegetables for 4-5 minutes, just until the onions are translucent. Add the minced garlic and stir for 1 minute, until the garlic is fragrant.
- Pour the black beans into the crock-pot, followed by the the pepper and onion mixture. Add the salt and broth. Stir the soup ingredients to combine. Cook the soup in the crock-pot for 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high.
- Once the soup is done (the beans are soft), stir in the 1/2 cup of cilantro. Originally, the recipe called for adding the cilantro before cooking the soup, but I've found the best flavor comes from adding the cilantro after cooking the soup. If you'd like, stir in the juice from one lime, too.
- Serve warm with fresh cilantro, sour cream, rice, tomatoes, cheese, avocado, or salsa--this is where lots of additional flavor will come from. The soup alone is very basic and meant to be served with toppings. You can also drain a portion of the beans to use for nachos, quesadillas, or tacos.
BLACK BEAN SOUP RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and salt and sauté until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, cumin, coriander, and chili powder and stir for 30 seconds. Stir in the beans, chipotles, adobo sauce, and broth and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and transfer half of the soup mixture to a blender. Puree until smooth, then add it back to the pot with the remaining soup and stir. Stir in the lime juice. Serve with lime wedges and desired toppings.
CHIPOTLE BLACK BEAN SOUP RECIPE - INSANELY GOOD
4.7/5 (3)Category Recipes, SoupServings 8Total Time 2 hrs 10 mins See details »
EASY BLACK BEAN SOUP - TWO PEAS & THEIR POD
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the onion, carrot, celery, and red pepper. Cook until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the black beans, vegetable broth, cumin, oregano, bay leaf, salt, and pepper. Turn the soup to low and let simmer for 25 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf. If you want to thicken the soup, use an immersion blender to purée some of the soup for a thicker consistency but don’t blend it completely, just a little to thicken it up. If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can carefully transfer 2 to 3 cups of the soup to a blender and blend until smooth. Stir the pureed soup back into the pot.
- Stir in the cilantro and fresh lime juice. Ladle the soup into bowls and serve warm with desired toppings.
SPICY BLACK BEAN SOUP RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
- Heat the olive oil in a large Dutch oven or soup pot over medium heat until shimmering. Add the onions, celery and carrot and a light sprinkle of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetable are soft, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, cumin and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Pour in the beans and broth and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Cook, reducing heat as necessary to maintain a gentle simmer, until the broth is flavorful and the beans are very tender, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer about 4 cups of the soup to a stand blender, securely fasten the lid, and blend until smooth (never fill your blender past the maximum fill line, and beware the steam that escapes from the top of the blender, it’s very hot). Or, use an immersion blender to blend a portion of the soup.
- Return the pureed soup to the pot, stir in the cilantro, vinegar/lime juice and salt and pepper, to taste. Serve.
INSTANT POT BLACK BEAN SOUP RECIPE PANERA COPYCAT ...
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
- Wash all the vegetables in a colander. Chop them fine. Make sure to keep the size of all the chopped vegetables same for even cooking. Set aside.
- Take a heavy bottom Sauce Pan/Pot for Stove Top Black Bean Soup. Follow the instructions as given for Instant Pot. Only thing is you might have to adjust/increase the Liquid in the stove top recipe. Also add the corn starch slurry after the soup is ready and cook a bit further till it is all combined. Although corn starch slurry is an optional step.
BLACK BEAN SOUP - THE SECRET EASY RECIPE!
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins See details »
INSTANT POT BLACK BEAN SOUP - NO SOAKING - NINJA FOODI ...
See details »
10 BEST BLACK BEAN SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
See details »
MEXICAN BLACK BEAN SOUP RECIPE IN SLOW COOKER
See details »
BLACK BEAN SOUP RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
See details »
You'll also love