BLUEBERRY-LAVENDER ICE CREAM
Two of summer's pretty purple beauties -- plump, juicy blueberries and fragrant lavender blossoms -- join with cream, eggs, and sugar to make rich French-custard-style Blueberry-Lavender Ice Cream.
Yield 4 cups
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Make the ice-cream base: Scald the cream, milk, and lavender flowers in a medium saucepan. Remove pan from heat, cover, and allow to steep for 30 minutes. Fill a large bowl halfway with water and ice and set aside. Strain the mixture back into the saucepan and heat just until it reaches a boil. Whisk the egg yolks and sugar in a large bowl until they become thick and pale. Whisking constantly, add the hot milk in a slow, steady stream to the yolk mixture. Return the mixture to the saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly using a wooden spoon, until the mixture coats the back of the spoon -- about 2 minutes. Immediately remove from heat, strain, and cool completely in the prepared ice bath. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Make the ice cream: Process in an ice-cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions. Transfer to a medium bowl and fold in the blueberries. Cover completely by placing plastic wrap directly on the ice cream surface and store in freezer for up to 1 week.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 321 calories
BLUEBERRY LAVENDER ICE CREAM
When these two flavors are combined, they make the perfect ice cream. Blueberry lavender ice cream is a light, refreshing treat that just exudes summer flavor!
Provided by Kaleb
Categories Ice Cream
Number Of Ingredients 10
- To make the blueberry puree, blend blueberries with an immersion or countertop blender until smooth. Set aside.
- In a 4-quart saucepan, combine the 2 cups milk, heavy cream, prepared blueberry puree, sugar, corn syrup, and salt. Whisk to combine and place over medium heat.
- While the milk mixture is heating, combine the reserved 2 tablespoons milk and Mira-Cleer. Whisk until smooth and set aside.
- Bring the milk mixture to a rolling boil and continue to boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and slowly whisk in the Mira-Cleer slurry. Return to heat and bring back to a rolling boil. It is essential the mixture comes back to a rolling boil to activate the thickener.
- Remove from heat add the vanilla extract and dried lavender. Stir to combine and steep for 20 minutes.
- Once steeped, strain to remove the lavender and pour the ice cream base into an airtight container. Cover and chill 6-8 hours. The ice cream base can be stored for up to 48 hours.
- Once ready to chill, follow the manufacturer's instructions with the ice cream maker. Churn approximately 25 minutes. Enjoy immediately as soft serve or pour into an airtight container and place in freezer for 4-6 hours for a hard serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 272 kcal, Carbohydrate 31.2 g, Protein 3.2 g, Fat 15.6 g, SaturatedFat 9.8 g, TransFat 0.5 g, Cholesterol 48.5 mg, Fiber 0.5 g, Sugar 29.2 g, ServingSize 1 serving
BLUEBERRY-LAVENDER SAUCE AND GINGERSNAP ICE CREAM CUPS
Although beauty can be deceiving, there ARE times you want to give plain-jane ingredients a makeover! Here is a quick and simple way to dress up ice cream. Make fresh blueberry-lavender sauce and gingersnap serving cups that are sure to summon oooooohs and ahhhhhs!
Provided by spicyperspective
Yield 8-12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a small sauce pan, bring the blueberries, lavender, sugar and cornstarch to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat the stir in lemon juice and a dash of salt.
- *This sauce is also great for pancakes, pound cake or cheesecake!
- Gingersnap Ice Cream Cups:.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degree F. Grind the cookies in a food processor. If you don't have a food processor, place them in a zip bag and roll them with a rolling pin.
- Mix in the butter, sugar and salt. Spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray. Scoop about 2 Tb. of the mixture into each cup. Use a small cup to press each scoop of mixture, shaping it into a tiny cup. Bake the cups for 12-15 minutes. Allow them to cool, then lift them out with your fingers or a small knife. Makes 10-12.
- Place one scoop of ice cream in each cup and top with blueberry-lavender sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 147.1, Fat 11.5, SaturatedFat 7.3, Cholesterol 30.5, Sodium 120.6, Carbohydrate 11.7, Sugar 10.7, Protein 0.1
LAVENDER BLUEBERRY ICE CREAM
- 1) Bring heavy cream, whole milk, lavender barely to a simmer over med heat. Let steep for 15mins, longer if you like lavender. Strain and add to blueberry puree later. 2) Cook the blueberries with the sugar until berries pop. No need to mash them. Add the cinnamon, and vanilla. Process in the blender until smooth. Add the milk mixture. 3) Chill in the refrig overnight until very cold. Process in the ice cream maker the next day.
More about "blueberry lavender ice cream recipes"
HOMEMADE BLUEBERRY-LAVENDER ICE …
Category Vitality RecipesEstimated Reading Time 1 min
BLUEBERRY LAVENDER ICE CREAM | CAFE JOHNSONIA
NUGGET MARKETS LAVENDER BLUEBERRY ICE CREAM …
BLUEBERRY LAVENDER ICE CREAM
KETO BLUEBERRY LAVENDER ICE CREAM RECIPE
HONEY BLUEBERRY LAVENDER ICE CREAM - AWAY …
LAVENDER AND BLUEBERRY ICE CREAM | RICARDO
Servings 4Total Time 40 minsCategory Desserts
BLUEBERRY & LAVENDER ICE CREAM - SWEET FIX BAKER
NO-CHURN BLUEBERRY LAVENDER ICE CREAM - ISLAND BAKES
BLUEBERRY LAVENDER JAM ICE CREAM - PALEOMG
BLUEBERRY LAVENDER ICE CREAM BY BREADANDBASIL | QUICK & EASY …
ROASTED BLUEBERRY LAVENDER ICE CREAM - STAHLBUSH ISLAND FARMS
BLUEBERRY AND LAVENDER ICE-CREAM - THE LITTLE FRENCH COTTAGE
VEGAN WILD BLUEBERRY LAVENDER ICE CREAM RECIPE
LAVENDER-BLUEBERRY ICE CREAM RECIPE -SUNSET MAGAZINE
BLUEBERRY LAVENDER COCKTAIL MIX - LET'S STAY HOME COCKTAIL KITS
LAVENDER BLUEBERRY HONEY ICE CREAM - TASTY KITCHEN
BLUEBERRY LAVENDER GRANITA OVER VANILLA ICE CREAM | FOODTALK
BLUEBERRY LAVENDER: ICE CREAM RECIPE
You'll also love