BOSTON CREAM PIE MINIS
Learn how to make these delightful Boston Cream Pie Minis! Fill the cupcakes with vanilla, and then top them with chocolate for the perfect finishing touch!
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 24 servings
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Prepare cake batter and bake as directed on package for 24 cupcakes. Cool completely.
- Beat pudding mix and milk in medium bowl with whisk 2 min. Let stand 5 min. Meanwhile, use serrated knife to cut cupcakes horizontally in half.
- Whisk 1/2 cup COOL WHIP into pudding; spoon onto bottom halves of cupcakes, using about 1 Tbsp. for each. Cover with cupcake tops.
- Microwave remaining COOL WHIP and chocolate in small microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1-1/2 min. or until chocolate is almost melted, stirring after 1 min. Stir until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended. Let stand 15 min.
- Frost cupcakes with chocolate mixture. Refrigerate 15 min.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 160, Fat 7 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Sodium 200 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 0.7612 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 2 g
BOSTON CREAM PIE MINIS
This recipe adapted from Kraft Kitchens. These are impressive little cupcakes that taste just like a boston cream pie or chocolate eclair
Provided by Vseward Chef-V
Yield 24 cupcakes
Number Of Ingredients 5
- PREHEAT oven to 350ºF. Prepare cake batter and bake in 24 greased medium muffin pan cups as directed on package. Cool 10 minute in pans. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- POUR milk into large bowl. Add dry pudding mix. Beat with wire whisk 2 minute or until well blended. Let stand 5 minute to thicken. Meanwhile, using a serrated knife, cut cupcakes horizontally in half. Gently stir 1/2 cup of the whipped topping into pudding.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoons of the pudding mixture onto bottom half of each cupcake; cover with top of cupcake.
- MICROWAVE remaining 1 cup whipped topping and the chocolate in small microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1-1/2 minute or until chocolate is almost melted, stirring after 1 minute.
- Stir until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended. Frost each cupcake with about 1-1/2 teaspoons of the chocolate mixture.
- Refrigerate at least 15 minute before serving. Store leftover cupcakes in refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 152.6, Fat 7.1, SaturatedFat 3.2, Cholesterol 12.1, Sodium 167.1, Carbohydrate 21.6, Fiber 0.5, Sugar 13, Protein 1.6
BOSTON CREAM PIE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Add milk, oil, egg yolks, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on low to medium speed until combined. Beat an additional 3 minutes on high speed and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar on medium to high speed until soft peaks form. Pour the egg yolk mixture over the egg white mixture and fold in. Gently pour the batter into a 9-inch greased pie pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the top springs back when lightly touched. Invert the pan onto a wire rack. Cool completely.
- Pastry Cream Filling: In a medium saucepan, heat the milk and vanilla bean to a boil over medium heat. Immediately turn off the heat and set aside to infuse for 10 to 15 minutes. In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add the cornstarch and whisk vigorously until no lumps remain. Whisk in 1/4 cup of the hot milk mixture until incorporated. Whisk in the remaining hot milk mixture, reserving the empty saucepan.
- Pour the mixture through a strainer back into the saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat, whisking constantly, until thickened and slowly boiling. Remove from the heat and stir in the butter. Let cool slightly. Cover with plastic wrap, lightly pressing the plastic against the surface to prevent a skin from forming. Chill at least 2 hours or until ready to serve. (The custard can be made up to 24 hours in advance. Refrigerate until 1 hour before using.)
- Ganache: In a medium bowl, pour the boiling cream over the chopped chocolate and stir until melted.
- To assemble pie, remove the cake from the pan. Cut the cake in half horizontally. Place bottom layer on a serving plate or board, and spread with the pastry cream. Top with second cake layer. Pour chocolate ganache over and down the sides of the cake. Store in refrigerator.
CHEF JOHN'S BOSTON CREAM PIE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spray 2 (8-inch) cake pans with cooking spray.
- Stir yellow cake mix, 3 eggs, water, and vegetable oil in a bowl until moistened. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Divide cake batter between the two prepared cake pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cakes have risen and are lightly golden brown, 33 to 38 minutes. Check for doneness after 25 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes should come out clean. Allow cakes to cool for about 10 minutes before removing from the pans. Cool cakes completely, about 40 minutes.
- Whisk 3 eggs, cornstarch, and sugar in a large bowl until well mixed and lemon colored, 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whole milk, and 1/2 tablespoon butter in a large saucepan over medium heat until it just begins to boil.
- Reduce heat to low; pour egg mixture into cream mixture and whisk until thick, about 1 minute.
- Pour egg and cream mixture through a fine mesh strainer into a large bowl; discard any chunks.
- Whisk vanilla and salt into the egg and cream mixture until combined. Cover with a layer of plastic wrap pressed against the surface. Chill in refrigerator to form a pastry cream texture, 3 to 4 hours.
- Place chocolate in a large bowl. Heat 1 teaspoon butter and 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream in a saucepan over medium heat until butter is melted. Pour cream mixture over chocolate and whisk until smooth. Set aside until cooled, but still pourable, about 20 minutes.
- Place one cake layer on a plate, flat side up. Spread pastry cream to within 1-inch of the edge of cake. Place second cake layer on top, rounded side up. Press gently to push pastry cream to the edge. Pour chocolate mixture over top of the cake and spread so it drips over the edge.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 694.7 calories, Carbohydrate 72.4 g, Cholesterol 198.7 mg, Fat 41 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 10.3 g, SaturatedFat 16.5 g, Sodium 514.2 mg, Sugar 45.5 g
BOSTON CREAM PIE MINIS RECIPE - (4.3/5)
Provided by Nicole S
Number Of Ingredients 5
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. PREPARE cake batter and bake as directed on package for 24 cupcakes. Cool completely. BEAT pudding mix and milk with whisk 2 min. Let stand 5 min. Meanwhile, use serrated knife to cut cupcakes horizontally in half. Whisk 1/2 cup COOL WHIP into pudding; spoon onto bottom halves of cupcakes, using about 1 Tbsp. for each. Cover with cupcake tops. MICROWAVE remaining COOL WHIP and chocolate in small microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1-1/2 min. or until chocolate is almost melted, stirring after 1 min. Stir until blended. Let stand 15 min.; spread onto cupcakes. Refrigerate 15 min.
BOSTON CREAM PIE I
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9 inch round cake pans. Sift the all-purpose flour, cake flour, baking powder and salt together and set aside.
- In a deep bowl cream 6 tablespoons of the butter with 3/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the 2 eggs, one at a time, then beat in the 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Add the flour mixture alternately with the 1/2 cup of the milk in 3 additions, Beating the batter smooth after each addition. Divide the batter between the 2 prepared pans.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 15 minutes or until cakes begin to shrink away from the sides of the pans and centers spring back when lightly touched. Turn the cakes onto wire racks to cool.
- To Make The Filling: Combine the 1/2 cup light cream with 1/4 cup of the milk and cook over medium heat until bubbles begin to form around the edge of the pan. Immediately add 1/4 cup of the sugar and the salt, stirring until dissolved. Remove the pan from the heat.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup of the milk with the cornstarch and whisk to remove lumps. Whisk in the 2 eggs. Add the hot cream mixture in a thin stream, whisking constantly. Return to the mixture to the saucepan, bring to a boil, and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the custard thickens and is smooth (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat and stir in the 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and allow to cool to room temperature.
- To Make The Chocolate Frosting: In a heavy saucepan over low heat, stir the chocolate pieces and 2 tablespoons butter until they are completely melted. Remove from the heat and, stirring constantly, add the 1/4 cup light cream in a thin steady stream. When mixture is smooth, stir in the confectioners' sugar and beat vigorously. Stir in the 1/2 teaspoon vanilla.
- To Assemble Cake: Spread the cooled filling over one the cooled cakes and place the second cake on top. Pour the chocolate frosting evenly over the top allowing it to spill down the sides.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 325.5 calories, Carbohydrate 43.4 g, Cholesterol 93.9 mg, Fat 15.1 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 5.4 g, SaturatedFat 8.7 g, Sodium 222.5 mg, Sugar 26.3 g
BOSTON CREAM PIE
Boston cream pie is a heavenly combination of light buttery layer cake, creamy vanilla custard and rich chocolate icing. Master this classic cake-the "pie" title is a holdover from a time when cakes and pies were typically baked in the same type of pan-and you'll always have a showstopping dessert for birthdays and other special celebrations. Passionate bakers will no doubt enjoy the challenge of making each component from scratch, from the cake to the custard and the icing. And because it's kitchen-tested, it really is possible to pull off this luscious dessert on the first try.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Place an egg separator over a small bowl. Crack open 1 egg over the egg separator to seperate the yolk from the white; then separate the other egg. (Save the whites for another recipe.) In a small bowl, place the yolks. Beat the egg yolks with a fork or wire whisk until mixed. Stir in 1 1/2 cups milk; set aside.
- In a 2-quart saucepan, stir 1/3 cup granulated sugar, the cornstarch and 1/8 teaspoon salt until mixed. Gradually stir egg mixture into sugar mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils. Boil and stir 1 minute; remove from heat. Stir in 2 teaspoons vanilla. Press plastic wrap on surface of filling to prevent a tough layer from forming on top. Refrigerate at least 2 hours until set but no longer than 24 hours. While filling is chilling, continue with recipe.
- Heat the oven to 350°F. Spray just the bottom of a 9-inch round cake pan with baking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, beat all cake ingredients with an electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, stopping frequently to scrape batter from side and bottom of bowl with a rubber spatula. Beat on high speed 3 minutes, stopping occasionally to scrape bowl. Pour batter into the pan; use a rubber spatula to scrape batter from bowl, spread batter evenly in pan and smooth top of batter.
- Bake about 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on a cooling rack 20 minutes, then remove onto cooling rack to finish cooling completely, about 1 hour.
- In a 1-quart saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons butter and the chocolate over low heat, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, in 1-cup glass measuring cup, microwave the water uncovered on High 15 to 30 seconds or until hot. Remove chocolate mixture from heat. Stir in the powdered sugar and 3/4 teaspoon vanilla. Stir in 3 tablespoons hot water. Stir in additional water, 1 teaspoon at a time, until icing is smooth and thin enough to spread.
- To split cake horizontally in half, mark middle points around side of cake with toothpicks. Using toothpicks as a guide, cut through the cake with a long, sharp knife, using a back-and-forth motion. On a serving plate, place bottom layer with the cut side up. Spread filling over bottom layer. Top with top of cake, cut side down.
- Spread glaze over top of cake, using a metal spatula or back of a spoon, letting some glaze drizzle down side of cake. Refrigerate uncovered until serving. Store any remaining cake covered in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 510, Carbohydrate 72 g, Cholesterol 115 mg, Fat 3, Fiber 2 g, Protein 7 g, SaturatedFat 13 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 400 mg, Sugar 52 g, TransFat 1/2 g
BOSTON CREAM PIE
An American classic, Boston cream pie isn't a pie at all. Its base is an old-fashioned hot milk cake, a downy-soft, buttery yellow cake. How you whip the eggs and the sugar is critical, as the tiny air bubbles they produce add lift to the finished product. This traditional version is best the day it's made, but will hold up in the fridge for a couple of days. You may just notice a slight change in texture. Slathered with homemade vanilla custard and a chocolate glaze, it hits all the right notes, but it would be just as lovely served with in-season berries or layered with chocolate or coffee custard instead of vanilla. Make it as is, or go rogue. Either way, it's sure to please.
Provided by Samantha Seneviratne
Categories cakes, dessert
Yield 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Make the custard: In a medium saucepan, whisk together egg yolks and sugar until well combined. Whisk in cornstarch and salt. In a slow, steady stream, whisk in milk and then the cream. Add butter. Cook mixture over medium-low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, just until it starts to thicken. Immediately whisk mixture until smooth, then continue to cook and stir custard until it has come to a very low boil for 2 minutes, about 6 to 8 minutes total. Strain custard through a fine mesh sieve into a small bowl, pushing it through with a small spatula. Stir in vanilla. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing the plastic directly onto the surface. Chill for at least 3 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Prepare the cake: Heat oven to 325 degrees. Butter a 9-by-2-inch round baking pan, generously greasing the sides, and line it with parchment paper. Butter parchment paper. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a small saucepan, bring the milk and butter to a simmer over medium heat. When the butter is melted, remove pan from heat. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar with an electric mixer until pale and thick, about 4 to 6 minutes. With the mixer running on low, add the milk mixture and beat until combined. Then add flour mixture and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Transfer batter to the prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Transfer to a rack and let cool 10 minutes. With a very thin knife, cut around the edge to release the cake from the side of the pan. Carefully flip the cake onto the rack, then turn it right-side-up to cool completely.
- Assemble the cake: Using a serrated knife, carefully cut the cake into two layers and place the bottom layer on a serving plate. Stir custard, and spread it onto the cut side of the bottom half. Replace the top half of the cake, cut side down.
- Prepare the glaze: In a small saucepan over medium-low, heat the cream to a simmer. Remove the pot from the heat and pour cream over the chocolate chips, oil, salt and let stand for 3 minutes. Whisk until smooth. Spread the glaze evenly over the top of the cake.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 461, UnsaturatedFat 8 grams, Carbohydrate 59 grams, Fat 23 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 7 grams, SaturatedFat 13 grams, Sodium 279 milligrams, Sugar 39 grams, TransFat 0 grams
MINI BOSTON CREAM PIES
These tender cream filled "pies" are actually lovely little cakes. No matter what the name is, the reason they're a favorite is clear after one sumptious bite!!
Provided by Chef mariajane
Yield 12 mini-pies
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 350°F Butter a 12-cup muffin pan or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar and egg. Whisk in cream and vanilla until blended. Without stirring, add flour, baking powder and salt; stir until batter is smooth and blended. Pour into prepared muffin cups. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Let cool completely.
- CREAM FILLING:.
- In a saucepan, whisk together sugar and egg; whisk in flour. Gradually whisk in heated cream. Cook over medium-low heat , whisking constantly, for about 5 minutes or until thick. Transfer to a cool bowl; stir in vanilla. Place plastic wrap directly on the surface; refrigerate until chilled, 1-2 hours.
- CHOCOLATE GLAZE: In a heatproof bowl, set over a saucepan of simmering water, heat cream and chocolate, stirring until melted and smooth. Remove saucepan from heat; keep glaze slightly warm.
- TO ASSEMBLE: If paper liners were used, peel papers from cakes. Cut each cake in half crosswise. Spread cream filling over bottom layers and top with cake tops, pressing lightly. Spread chocolate glaze over tops. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes for for up to 1 day.
- COOKING TIP: Speed up the chilling time for the cream filling by setting the bowl in a larger bowl of ice water in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 286.1, Fat 14.8, SaturatedFat 8.9, Cholesterol 85, Sodium 106, Carbohydrate 34.9, Fiber 0.4, Sugar 21.1, Protein 3.7
More about "boston cream pie minis recipe 435"
BEST MINI BOSTON CREAM PIES RECIPE - DELISH
5/5 (3)Total Time 25 mins
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat heavy cream until bubbles form around the edges.
BOSTON CREAM PIE MINIS RECIPE - DELISH
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 2 hrsServings 24Calories 190 per serving
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare cake batter and bake as directed on package for 24 cupcakes.
- Stir 1/2 cup Cool Whip® into pudding; spoon onto bottom halves of cupcakes, using about 1 tablespoon for each.
BOSTON CREAM PIE MINIS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 24Total Time 1 hr
MINI BOSTON CREAM PIES FOR DESSERT: TRY THE RECIPE
NO BAKE MINI BOSTON CREAM PIES - ICE CREAM & NEON DREAMS
MINI BOSTON CREAM PIES - MASTERCOOK
BOSTON CREAM PIE MINIS - PASS THE SUSHI
MINI BOSTON CREAM PIE RECIPE - BARAN BAKERY
BOSTON CREAM PIE - KING ARTHUR BAKING
BOSTON BEANERY BOSTON CREAM PIE RECIPE - SECRET COPYCAT …
MINI BOSTON CREAM PIES | CANADIAN GOODNESS
BERNICE'S MINI BOSTON CREAM PIES - ATHENS FOODS
BOSTON CREAM PIE MINIS - KRAFT RECIPES - MASTERCOOK
MINI BOSTON CREME PIES - JOYFUL HOMEMAKING
MINI BOSTON CREAM PIE FROM SCRATCH - SCOTCH & SCONES
MINI BOSTON CREAM PIE FOR TWO - HOMEMADE IN THE KITCHEN
MINI BOSTON CREAM PIES - TEATIME MAGAZINE
HOMEMADE BOSTON CREAM PIE - BUTTER WITH A SIDE OF BREAD
BOSTON CREAM PIE MINIS - LOW FAT VERSION RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
MINI BOSTON CREAM PIES RECIPE | EHOW
BOSTON CREAM PIE MINI TARTS - BROWN SUGAR FOOD BLOG
BAREFOOT CONTESSA | BOSTON CREAM PIE | RECIPES
THE ORIGINAL BOSTON CREAM PIE RECIPE | OMNI HOTELS BLOG
MINI BOSTON CREAM PIES - TEATIME MAGAZINE
HOMEMADE BOSTON CREAM PIE - LITTLE SWEET BAKER
BOSTON CREAM PIE - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
BOSTON CREAM PIE RECIPE: THE BEST EVER! -BAKING A MOMENT
BOSTON CREAM PIE | RICARDO
BOSTON CREAM PIE (PLUS VIDEO) - IMMACULATE BITES
EASY MINI BOSTON CREAM PIES RECIPE - SOUTHERN PLATE
GUESS WHAT WE DID TODAY?!: BOSTON CREME PIE MINIS - BLOGGER
MINI BOSTON CREAM PIES - THE CRUMBY KITCHEN
BOSTON CREAM PIE (A SCRATCH LAYER CAKE) - MY CAKE SCHOOL
BOSTON CREAM PIE - THE ENGLISH KITCHEN
MINI BOSTON CREAM PIES FOR DESSERT: TRY THE RECIPE | FOX NEWS
MINI BOSTON CREAM PIES - 5* TRENDING RECIPES WITH VIDEOS
BOSTON CREAM PIE - PREPPY KITCHEN
The Ultimate Boston Cream Pie Recipe From Scratch11K views-05:51
Boston Cream Pie256K views-10:05
How to Make the Ultimate Boston Cream Pie112K views-10:38
How to Make A Mini Boston Cream Pie7.7K views-05:02
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make Boston cream pie mini cupcakes?Learn how to make these delightful Boston Cream Pie Minis! Fill the cupcakes with vanilla, and then top them with chocolate for the perfect finishing touch! Heat oven to 350ºF. Prepare cake batter and bake as directed on package for 24 cupcakes. Cool completely. Beat pudding mix and milk in medium bowl with whisk 2 min. Let stand 5 min.
How do you make Boston cream pie for a dad?Dads with a sweet tooth will enjoy these Mini Boston Cream Pies. Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 32 wells of mini cheesecake pans† with nonstick baking spray with flour. Set aside. Prepare cake mix according to package directions, using eggs, oil, and water.
What is in a Boston cream pie?There's nothing quite like a classic Boston Cream Pie...since it's actually a cake! Rich, thick pastry cream is sandwiched between two layers of buttery yellow cake, then topped with a dark chocolate glaze. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 3 4-inch springform pans with butter or cooking spray.
How long to bake a Boston cream pie?How to make the cake for Boston Cream Pie Heat the oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, beat all cake ingredients with an electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, stopping frequently to scrape batter from side and bottom of bowl with a rubber spatula. Bake about 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.