PASTA WITH TUNA & TOMATO SAUCE
- Heat the oil in a pan, throw in the onion and cook for a couple of minutes. Stir in the garlic, tomatoes, chilli and sugar. Season with salt and pepper and bring to the boil. Give it a good stir, then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook according to packet instructions. Flake the tuna into the sauce and heat through. Drain the pasta, return to the pan and stir in the sauce and basil leaves if you have any. Serve with a generous grinding of pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 553 calories, Fat 10 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 102 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 1 grams sugar, Fiber 5 grams fiber, Protein 21 grams protein, Sodium 0.52 milligram of sodium
BOW TIE PASTA WITH TOMATO TUNA SAUCE
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat. Stir in the pasta and boil until cooked through, but still firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain well.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Toast bread crumbs in oil, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper; stir in lemon zest. Remove seasoned bread crumbs from skillet and drain on paper towels.
- Place the skillet back over medium heat. Add the beans, and mash. Stir in the tuna, tomato sauce, and 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Toss sauce with prepared pasta; place in prepared baking dish. Top with the toasted bread crumbs and remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Bake in preheated oven until the cheese melts, about 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 344.7 calories, Carbohydrate 56.1 g, Cholesterol 11.3 mg, Fat 5.9 g, Fiber 6.6 g, Protein 18.7 g, SaturatedFat 1.9 g, Sodium 1471.6 mg, Sugar 4.4 g
BOWTIE PASTA WITH TOMATO AND ROASTED RED PEPPER SAUCE
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the garlic, red pepper flakes, sun-dried tomatoes, and roasted peppers and cook until the garlic is aromatic, about 1 minute. Crush the tomatoes through your fingers into the pot; stir in their juices, sugar, the 1 teaspoon salt, and season with pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce to a simmer. Cook, uncovered, until thickened, about 10 minutes. Remove the sauce from the heat, stir in the herbs, cover, and set aside for about 10 minutes for the flavors to come together.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of cold water to a boil over high heat. Salt the water generously, add the pasta, and cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente. Drain, saving about 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- Before serving, add the vinegar to the sauce. Add the drained pasta to the tomato sauce and toss. Thin with a little pasta water, if needed. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Divide among 4 warm serving bowls. Pass the grated cheese, if desired, at the table.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 381 calorie, Fat 7 grams, SaturatedFat 1 grams, Carbohydrate 63 grams, Fiber 11 grams, Protein 17 grams
TUNA AND TOMATO SAUCE
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Cook 1 sliced shallot in 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat until softened, 4 minutes. Add 3 tablespoons capers; cook 1 minute. Add one 14-ounce can cherry tomatoes; cook, stirring, until the tomatoes burst, 5 minutes. Smash with a spatula, then stir in one 7-ounce can Italian oil-packed tuna, breaking it into chunks. Toss with 12 ounces cooked spaghetti and 3 tablespoons olive oil, adding up to 3/4 cup pasta-cooking water to loosen the sauce; season with salt and pepper.
BOW TIE PASTA WITH TOMATO AND ROASTED RED PEPPER SAUCE
Make and share this Bow Tie Pasta With Tomato and Roasted Red Pepper Sauce recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Bread n Butter
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in the garlic, red pepper flakes, sun-dried tomatoes, and roasted peppers and cook until the garlic is aromatic, about 1 minute.
- Crush the tomatoes through your fingers into the pot; stir in their juices, sugar, the 1 teaspoon salt, and season with pepper, to taste.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce to a simmer.
- Cook, uncovered, until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the sauce from the heat, stir in the herbs, cover, and set aside for about 10 minutes for the flavors to come together.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of cold water to a boil over high heat.
- Salt the water generously, add the pasta, and cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente.
- Drain, saving about 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- Before serving, add the vinegar to the sauce.
- Add the drained pasta to the tomato sauce and toss. Thin with a little pasta water, if needed.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Divide among 4 warm serving bowls. Pass the grated cheese, if desired, at the table.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 418.1, Fat 6.5, SaturatedFat 1, Sodium 719.2, Carbohydrate 77.2, Fiber 6.4, Sugar 8, Protein 14.1
SUN-DRIED TOMATO AND BOW TIE PASTA
Anti-meat pasta dish, which makes your tastebuds feel alive with the great combined flavors of sun dried tomatoes, olive oil, red pepper and pesto sauce. My husband and I came up with this recipe about two years ago playing around in the kitchen one day. Ever since then it has been our family's favorite. Garnish each dish with red pepper or Parmesan cheese to your taste. Instead of making your own pesto you can use 1/2 bottle of pre-made pesto from the grocery store.
Provided by JFOCHTMAN
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Make pesto: In a small mixing bowl, combine basil, pine nuts, and 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- In a small bowl, blanch sun dried tomatoes for 30 seconds in boiling water. Drain well, and slice tomatoes into small pieces.
- In a large skillet over a medium heat, saute garlic in 1/8 cup olive oil. Simmer for 1 minute being very careful not to brown the garlic. Stir in the mushrooms and let them saute until tender. Add the pesto, salt, cayenne, and sun dried tomatoes. Reduce heat to low and let the mixture simmer.
- Bring a large pot of salted water and pasta to a boil. Let pasta cook until al dente, drain well.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss pasta and sauce until the pasta is well coated.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 292.8 calories, Carbohydrate 49.6 g, Fat 7.4 g, Fiber 4.5 g, Protein 10.5 g, SaturatedFat 1.1 g, Sodium 370.8 mg, Sugar 6.4 g
BOW TIES WITH FRESH TOMATO SAUCE
I make this meatless dish often for my husband and me. Try it as a change of pace from traditional sauces. It's a great way to use up plum tomatoes. -Karen Vienot, Rothesay, New Brunswick
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, oil, garlic, vinegar, herbs, salt and pepper. Cover and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. , Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Return pasta to the pan; stir in tomato mixture. Cover and let stand for 2-3 minutes or until slightly heated. Toss and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 360 calories, Fat 15g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 164mg sodium, Carbohydrate 49g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 9g protein.
TUNA CASSEROLE WITH BOW TIES, MUSHROOMS AND PARMESAN
This is a great from scratch Tuna Casserole. No canned soup here, an easy Parmesan cream sauce with just a touch of cayenne to give it a nice kick. Red bell peppers, green onions and mushrooms give it the right flavor and colors to pull an ordinary tuna casserole to over the top. This recipe comes from Art Smith's cookbook "Kitchen Life" which I am enjoying very much! When I make this again, I will probably substitute Ritz cracker crumbs for the dried bread crumbs to add a little more pizzaz to the top.
Provided by lisar
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350. Lightly coat the inside of a 2 ½ to 3 quart baking with vege spray.
- Bring a large of water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until barely tender (it will cook further in the oven). Drain well. Return the pasta to the cooking pot.
- Meanwhile heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the bell pepper and cook stirring often, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and the scallions, and cook, stirring often, until the mushroom juices evaporate and the mushrooms are tender, about 6 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the flour and stir well. Stir in the milk and broth, and bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the tuna, ½ cup parmesan and the cayenne. Stir this into the pasta mixture and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the pasta into the baking dish and sprinkle with bread crumbs and remaining ¼ cup parmesan. Bake until the sauce is bubbling, 25 to 30 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes, then serve hot.
AWESOME BOW TIE PASTA
A delicious pasta salad for salad or side dish that's not heavy, but delightful! Substitute halved grape tomatoes for the diced tomato for variety. This is great for if you need a fast pasta dish, but refrigerate 1 to 2 hours for more blended flavors. Optional: Add sliced black olives.
Provided by Kim Samuels
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and place in ice water until cool.
- Toss pasta with onion, feta, balsamic, olive oil and tomato. Serve immediately or chill 1 to 2 hours in refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 338.2 calories, Carbohydrate 46 g, Cholesterol 18.7 mg, Fat 12.9 g, Fiber 2.5 g, Protein 11 g, SaturatedFat 4.4 g, Sodium 243.9 mg, Sugar 6.2 g
BOW TIES WITH SAUSAGE, TOMATOES AND CREAM
A friend gave this recipe to me a few years back, and my family can't seem to get enough of it. It sounds strange with cream in it, but that just enhances the flavor and texture. This is a very easy recipe.
Provided by Anonymous
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
- Heat oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat. Cook sausage and pepper flakes until sausage is evenly brown. Stir in onion and garlic, and cook until onion is tender. Stir in tomatoes, cream, and salt. Simmer until mixture thickens, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir cooked pasta into sauce, and heat through. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 655.6 calories, Carbohydrate 50.9 g, Cholesterol 111.3 mg, Fat 42.1 g, Fiber 3.4 g, Protein 20.1 g, SaturatedFat 19.6 g, Sodium 1088.4 mg, Sugar 6.5 g
BOW TIE PASTA WITH TOMATO-BASIL ALFREDO SAUCE
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, melt I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spread over medium-high heat and cook tomatoes and garlic, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes or until tomatoes are tender.
- Add cream and bring just to a boil.
- Stir in hot bow ties, cheese, basil and, if desired, salt and ground black pepper to taste; heat through.
- Serve, if desired, with additional grated Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 934.8, Fat 54, SaturatedFat 31.7, Cholesterol 273.4, Sodium 327.3, Carbohydrate 88.4, Fiber 4.7, Sugar 4.1, Protein 25.8
CREAMY TOMATO & BASIL BOW-TIE PASTA
If you're a fan of the flavors of bruschetta, you'll like this 20-minute bow-tie pasta dish made with a creamy tomato & basil sauce.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield Makes 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Cook pasta as directed on package; drain.
- Place in large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix lightly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 370, Fat 6 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Sodium 410 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 4 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 20 g
BOW TIE PASTA WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATO PESTO
This crowd-pleasing pasta is packed with flavor and veggies. It's even got roasted red peppers hidden inside the easy tomato-based pesto sauce. Meatless sausage keeps it vegetarian while increasing the protein and adding flavor and texture.
Provided by Catherine McCord
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the package directions for al dente. Reserve 2 cups of the pasta cooking water before draining. Return the cooked pasta to the pot.
- While the pasta cooks, heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of black pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion just begins to soften, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the sausage, 1/4 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of black pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to turn golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the sun-dried tomatoes and the oil from the jar, red peppers, red pepper liquid, walnuts, parsley, Parmesan, vinegar, tomato paste, 1 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of black pepper in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Add the sausage mixture and sun-dried tomato pesto to the pot with the pasta and stir until well combined, stirring in as much of the reserved pasta water as necessary to make a creamy sauce. Garnish with chopped parsley and more Parmesan.
TOMATO-MUSHROOM BOW TIE PASTA
"With fresh mushrooms, plum tomatoes and herbs to spice up its flavor, this dish tastes like summertime to me," says Jacqueline Graves of Lawrenceville, Georgia. Chock-full of garden goodness, the chunky sauce cooks up quickly, too.
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Cook pasta according to package directions. , Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute the mushrooms, onions and garlic in butter and oil for 5 minutes or until tender. Add tomatoes; cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 10 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in the basil, parsley, salt and pepper; cook 2-3 minutes longer. Drain pasta; top with tomato mixture and Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 358 calories, Fat 10g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 13mg cholesterol, Sodium 469mg sodium, Carbohydrate 56g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 6g fiber), Protein 14g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
More about "bow tie pasta with tomato tuna sauce recipes"
BOW-TIE PASTA WITH TUNA - WEEKEND AT THE COTTAGE
4.3/5 (7)Total Time 25 minsCategory Pasta
- Bring 8 cups of water to boil in a medium-sized pot. Add 2 tablespoons of salt, then the pasta. Cook to al dente per package instructions.
- While pasta is cooking, bring a medium-sized skillet to temperature on medium-high heat and add butter. When butter is melted and begins to bubble, add onions, celery and garlic and cook until tender.
- Add capers, sun-dried tomatoes and chili flakes and sauté for 2 minutes. Add tuna followed by tomatoes tossing in the pan until tomatoes are just tender.
- Strain cooked pasta and place into a medium-sized bowl. Pour sauce over pasta and add lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add parsley, toss and serve.
*FAVORITE* BOW TIE PASTA - 20 MINUTE MEAL! - LAUREN'S …
4.8/5 (4)Total Time 20 minsCategory DinnerCalories 710 per serving
- While pasta is cooking heat olive oil over medium heat. Cook garlic for 30 seconds to 1 minute until fragrant.
CREAMY TOMATO TUNA PASTA - NISH KITCHEN
BLT BOW TIE PASTA SALAD - THERESCIPES.INFO
CREAMY BOWTIE PASTA WITH SUNDRIED TOMATOES - MODERN HONEY
BOW TIE PASTA RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
BOW TIE PASTA WITH BABY KALE & SUN-DRIED TOMATOES RECIPE
TUNA AND TOMATO PASTA - LAYLITA'S RECIPES
PENNE PASTA WITH TOMATO TUNA SAUCE - MARISA'S ITALIAN KITCHEN
20 EASY BOW TIE PASTA RECIPES THE FAMILY WILL DEVOUR
10 BEST BOW TIE PASTA DISHES RECIPES - YUMMLY
BOW TIE PASTA WITH CHERRY TOMATOES, CAPERS, & BASIL RECIPE
BOW-TIE PASTA WITH TUNA | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE …
10 BEST BOW TIE PASTA SPAGHETTI SAUCE RECIPES - YUMMLY
10 BEST BOW TIE PASTA TOMATO SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST BOWTIE PASTA WITH CHERRY TOMATOES RECIPES | YUMMLY
BOW TIE PASTA RECIPE (CREAMY & CHEESY) | KITCHN
BOW TIE PASTA TUNA SALAD - GREAT GRUB, DELICIOUS TREATS
TUNA TOMATO PASTA (PANTRY RECIPE!) - THE WOKS OF LIFE
BOW TIE PASTA WITH PEPPERS - 2 SISTERS RECIPES BY ANNA AND LIZ
TUNA BOW TIE PASTA FLORENTINE RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
EASY & DELICIOUS CREAMY BOW TIE PASTA - THE FRESH COOKY
CREAMY BOW TIE PASTA TUNA RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BOW-TIE PASTA WITH FRESH BASIL & TOMATOES - HOT ROD'S RECIPES
BOW TIE PASTA WITH TOMATO PESTO SAUCE | FRENCH'S - MCCORMICK
QUICK AND EASY PESTO PASTA WITH TUNA - FOXY FOLKSY
BUTTERY GARLIC BOW TIE PASTA RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
BOW TIE PASTA WITH SAUSAGES, TOMATO & ROSEMARY RECIPE | LITTLE …
BOW TIE PASTA WITH SPINACH - THERESCIPES.INFO - THERECIPES
PASTA WITH FRESH TUNA & TOMATO - SICILIAN COOKING PLUS
BOW TIE PASTA WITH SIMPLE TOMATO SAUCE - HEAVENLY …
10 BEST BOW TIE PASTA CASSEROLE RECIPES - YUMMLY
SPINACH TOMATO BOW TIE PASTA - THE BITTER SIDE OF SWEET
HOMEMADE BOW TIE PASTA WITH TOMATO AND BASIL SAUCE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make bow tie pasta?To prepare the homemade bow tie pasta: Weigh the flour and mound it in a bowl. Make a well in the center of the mound. Beat the eggs with a fork until smooth. Using the tips of your fingers, mix the eggs with the flour, a little at a time, until everything is combined. Knead the dough for 5-10 minutes, or until smooth.
How much is bow tie pasta at subway?YOU CAN ALSO GET IT NOW FOR THE KINDLE, FOR ONLY $1.99! This Homemade Bow Tie Pasta tossed with tomato and basil sauce requires only a few simple ingredients and is easy and fun to prepare. The result? An addictive dish that will please the entire family!
How to Cook Pasta with Tomato Basil Sauce?Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water for approximately 2 minutes or until al dente (cooked but still slightly firm). Drain pasta in a colander and shake away excess water. Serve immediately tossed with the tomato basil sauce. Enjoy! Heat oil in a sauce pan over low heat. Saute onion for about 2 minutes or until translucent.
How do you cook spaghetti sauce without it sticking?Heat oil in a sauce pan over low heat. Saute onion for about 2 minutes or until translucent. Add the diced tomatoes and water. Season with salt, cover, and let cook for about 10-15 minutes over low heat. Add basil leaves and stir. Pour sauce over cooked and drained pasta in a pot and mix well while cooking for about 1 minute.