BRAISED CHICKEN WITH GARLIC AND WHITE WINE
- Trim excess fat off chicken. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Lightly smash garlic cloves just to flatten slightly, leaving peel attached and cloves as whole as possible.
- Heat 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Working in 2 batches, add chicken and cook until brown on all sides, about 12 minutes per batch. Transfer chicken to plate. Add remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and garlic to pot. Stir until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Add wine and thyme; bring to boil. Return chicken to pot. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and simmer until chicken is cooked through, moving chicken pieces from top to bottom every 5 minutes (sauce will not cover chicken), about 20 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer chicken to platter. Spoon garlic cloves around chicken and drizzle sauce over.
BRAISED CHICKEN THIGHS IN WHITE WINE
This is an absolutely delicious dinner!! Its easy and uses low-cost ingredients, but looks and tastes like a million bucks. I usually double the sauce ingredients because the sauce is outstanding! Great with rice. From Martha Stewart.
Provided by Tee Lee
Categories Chicken Thigh & Leg
Yield 8 thighs, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a 12-inch skillet with a tight-fitting lid, arrange thighs, bone side up; season with salt and pepper. Add garlic, wine, and thyme.
- Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook, 30 minutes.
- Turn chicken over. Place a lemon slice on each piece; cover and continue simmering until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Leaving garlic and liquid in skillet, transfer chicken and lemon slices to a platter. Cover tightly with foil to keep warm.
- Bring liquid in skillet to a boil; cook until reduced to 1/2 cup, about 5 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat. Add butter, parsley, and lemon juice; stir until butter has softened and sauce is smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve chicken with sauce.
CHICKEN THIGHS BRAISED IN WHITE WINE
- In a 12-inch skillet with a tight-fitting lid, arrange thighs, bone side up; season with salt and pepper. Add garlic, wine, and thyme. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook, 30 minutes.
- Turn chicken over. Place a lemon slice on each piece; cover and continue simmering until tender, about 15 minutes. Leaving garlic and liquid in skillet, transfer chicken and lemon slices to a platter. Cover tightly with foil to keep warm.
- Bring liquid in skillet to a boil; cook until reduced to 1/2 cup, about 5 minutes. Remove skillet from heat. Add butter, parsley, and lemon juice; stir until butter has softened and sauce is smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Serve chicken with sauce and, if desired, rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 422 g, Fat 20 g, Protein 44 g
More about "braised chicken thighs in white wine recipes"
BRAISED CHICKEN THIGHS IN WHITE WINE SAUCE - FAMILYSTYLE FOOD
5/5 (5)Total Time 45 minsCategory ChickenCalories 756 per serving
- Season the chicken on all sides with 2 teaspoons of the salt and black pepper to taste. Sprinkle the flour over the chicken and turn it to coat.
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a 3 or 4-quart deep skillet or saute pan until it begins to shimmer. Add the chicken in 2 batches and sear until golden on both sides, about 5 minutes per side. Remove to a platter.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook until softened and fragrant, about 3 minutes. Pour in the wine and let it bubble 1 minute. Add the stock or water and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Return the chicken to the pan and add the tomatoes. Put the herb sprigs on top of the chicken.
- Cover the pan and turn the heat down to a very low simmer. Cook 30-35 minutes for boneless chicken and 60-75 minutes for bone-in pieces. The chicken meat should be tender and falling off the bone.
WINE BRAISED CHICKEN | CHICKEN RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER
Servings 4Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory MainsCalories 588 per serving
- Set aside on a plate. Peel and cut the onions into wedges, chop the carrots, then peel and finely chop the garlic.
BRAISED CHICKEN THIGHS | THE COZY APRON
Reviews 29Estimated Reading Time 6 minsServings 6Calories 486 per serving
CHICKEN THIGHS BRAISED IN WHITE WINE RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
5/5 (10)Calories 263 per servingServings 4
BAKED CHICKEN WITH WHITE WINE, GARLIC AND HERBS - SIMPLY ...
Ratings 36Calories 250 per servingCategory Chicken, Dinner
- In a large, oven-proof frying pan, melt the butter/heat the oil and fry the chicken until golden brown all over.
- Remove from the pan then add the garlic and allow to fry for a few seconds then pour in the wine, herbs and cream.
BAKED CHICKEN THIGHS IN WHITE WINE SAUCE - THE COZY COOK
Ratings 13Calories 515 per servingCategory Main Course
- Pat the chicken thighs with a paper towel to remove excess moisture and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add 4 chicken thighs, smooth-side down, and sear for 13 minutes. Don’t move the chicken around while it cooks, as it will disrupt the sear and may cause the chicken to stick to the pan.
- Rotate the pan to move the oil around to help loosen the chicken from the pan. Use a thin spatula and carefully lift the chicken and transfer to a plate.
- Reduce the heat to medium if oil begins to splatter. Repeat with remaining 4 chicken thighs, using the remaining tablespoon of oil as needed and transferring the remaining chicken to a plate once finished.
WINE-BRAISED CHICKEN THIGHS WITH SHALLOTS AND MUSHROOMS ...
4.9/5 (31)Total Time 1 hrCategory Entree/Poultry
- Pat chicken dry and season well with salt on both sides. Now season with the spice mixture on both sides (make sure to lift skin up and rub some of the spice mixture underneath.) Leave aside for 20 minutes or refrigerate uncovered for 2 hours if you have the time.
- In a large braiser or Dutch oven (like this one), heat 1 to 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil over medium-high heat until shimmering but not smoking (be sure to coat the bottom well with the EVOO.) Add chicken, skin side down, and cook undisturbed for 8 minutes until golden brown (lower heat if it starts to smoke excessively.) Turn chicken over and brown on the other side briefly (about 3 minutes). Transfer chicken to a plate for now.
WHITE WINE–BRAISED CHICKEN RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
3.7/5 (88)Estimated Reading Time 50 secsServings 4
- Preheat oven to 425°. Heat oil in a Dutch oven or other heavy-lidded pot over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes per side; transfer to a plate.
- Add shallots and garlic to pot and cook, stirring often, until beginning to soften, about 2 minutes. Add thyme and white wine; bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until reduced by ⅔, about 4 minutes.
- Return chicken, skin side up, to pot; add broth, bring to a simmer, cover, and transfer to oven. Braise until chicken is cooked through and tender, 20–25 minutes. Uncover; continue to cook in oven until skin begins to crisp, 8–10 minutes longer.
WHITE WINE BRAISED CHICKEN THIGHS — WANDERINGS IN MY KITCHEN
Reviews 2Servings 4Cuisine ItalianCategory Main Course
- Heat a heavy bottomed skilled over high heat and sear the chicken thighs skin side down for 10-15 minutes. You want the chicken to be dark, dark brown
- Remove the chicken from the pan and wipe out the grease that has rendered. Add the chicken back to the pan along with the capers. Pour in the wine until the chicken is almost submerged
- Return the pan to heat and bring the liquid to a simmer. Cover and continue to simmer for 20-30 minutes or until the chicken is very tender.
CHICKEN THIGHS BRAISED IN GARLIC AND WHITE WINE RECIPE ...
3.5/5 (147)Total Time 1 hrServings 4Calories 675 per serving
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels, season with the spice mixture, and dredge in the flour. Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat and brown the chicken, 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the onions to the pot and cook until golden, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cherry peppers and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the pepper brine, wine, and broth and bring to a boil. Return the chicken to the pot and bring to a simmer. Cook, covered, until the chicken is cooked through, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the package directions. Divide among individual bowls and spoon the chicken and sauce over it.
CHICKEN AND ONIONS BRAISED IN WHITE WINE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
4.8/5 (4)Estimated Reading Time 1 minServings 4Total Time 1 hr 30 mins
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high. Cook pancetta, stirring, until crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl with a slotted spoon. Cook onions and garlic in skillet until golden brown, 8–10 minutes. Add to pancetta.
- Dredge chicken in flour, shaking off excess. Cook in skillet, turning once, until browned all over, 10–12 minutes. Spoon off all but 2 Tbsp. fat from pan and arrange chicken skin side up. Add pancetta, onions and garlic, rosemary, bay leaves, and wine, shaking skillet to disperse liquid. Add stock to bring liquid up the sides of chicken without going over the top (this will keep skin crispy). Bring to a boil, then braise in oven until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of breast registers 160° (165° for dark meat), 30–35 minutes.
- Transfer chicken and vegetables to a platter; discard herbs. Simmer liquid over medium-high heat until thick enough to coat a spoon, 10–12 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and pour over chicken.
CHARDONNAY-BRAISED CHICKEN THIGHS WITH PARSNIPS RECIPE ...
4/5 Total Time 45 minsServings 4
- Preheat the oven to 425°. In a large, deep ovenproof skillet, melt the butter in the oil. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and dust with the flour, tapping off the excess. Add the chicken to the skillet skin side down and cook over high heat, turning once, until browned, 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the shallots, parsnips and rosemary to the skillet and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the wine and boil until reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Add the broth and bring to a boil. Nestle the chicken skin side up in the skillet, tucking it between the parsnips. Transfer the skillet to the middle rack of the oven and braise the chicken uncovered for about 25 minutes, until cooked through.
- Turn the broiler on. Broil the chicken for 3 minutes, until the skin is crisp. Return the skillet to high heat and boil until the sauce is thickened, 3 minutes. Discard the rosemary sprig. Transfer the chicken and vegetables to bowls, garnish with parsley; serve.
BRAISED CHICKEN THIGHS WITH WHITE WINE, LEEKS AND ...
4.8/5 (18)Total Time 1 hrCategory ChickenCalories 424 per serving
- Heat a 12-inch cast-iron pan or braiser over medium-high heat. Season the chicken pieces well with salt and pepper. Place skin-side down in the skillet and cook, without disturbing, until golden brown on the skin side, about 5 minutes. Remove chicken to a plate.
- Pour off all but two tablespoons of fat from the pan. Reduce heat to medium. Add the leeks, mushrooms, garlic, rosemary and sage and cook, stirring often, until all the veggies have softened and substantially reduced in volume, 5-10 minutes. Add flour and cook, stirring constantly, for a minute or two. Stir in the wine, chicken stock and cream and bring to a boil. Add browned chicken, skin-side up, and any juices that have accumulated on the plate. Adjust heat to keep liquid at a simmer, and cook until chicken is done all the way through, about 45 minutes.
CHICKEN THIGHS BRAISED IN GARLIC AND WHITE WINE RECIPE ...
5/5 (3)Total Time 1 hrServings 4Calories 675 per serving
CHICKEN BRAISED IN WHITE WINE | WILLIAMS SONOMA
5/5 (2)Total Time 1 hr 30 minsServings 4
WINE-BRAISED CHICKEN WITH APRICOTS RECIPE | REE DRUMMOND ...
4.4/5 (15)Difficulty EasyCategory Main-DishSteps 6
BRAISED CHICKEN THIGHS RECIPE WITH WINE-EXTRA HELPINGS
URBAN TUMMY BLOG HOW TO MAKE CRISPY BRAISED CHICKEN THIGHS ...
CHICKEN THIGHS BRAISED IN WHITE WINE | EVERDURE BY HESTON ...
A PERFECT PAIRING: RAYMOND BLANC'S CHICKEN BRAISED WITH ...
36 CHICKEN THIGH RECIPES | FOOD & WINE
WHITE WINE AND MUSHROOM BRAISED CHICKEN WITH FRESH HERBS ...
CHICKEN THIGHS WHITE WINE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
MUSTARD AND WINE-BRAISED CHICKEN THIGHS WITH MUSHROOMS AND ...
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #very-low-carbs #main-dish #poultry #chicken #dietary #low-sodium #low-calorie #low-carb #inexpensive #low-in-something #meat #chicken-thighs-legs #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What do you put in chicken thighs when braising?This easy braised chicken thighs recipe will deliver all the comfort, but with little work! Perfectly seasoned with a Mediterranean rosemary spice mixture, then cooked in a flavorful sauce with red wine, shallots, and mushrooms. Dried figs or apricots add a hint of sweetness, but not at all overwhelming.
What is the best way to cook chicken thighs?In a 12-inch skillet with a tight-fitting lid, arrange thighs, bone side up; season with salt and pepper. Add garlic, wine, and thyme.
Can You braise chicken thighs with leeks and mushrooms?With family in the house and braised chicken thighs with leeks and mushrooms on the stove, things could be a lot worse. Technically these chicken thighs aren't braised, since we keep the lid off while cooking to reduce the sauce.
How to cook chicken tenderloin with white wine?In a small saucepan, bring the white wine to the boil and let it boil for 10 seconds before removing from the heat. Reserve. 4. In a large heavy-based casserole dish over a medium heat, heat the oil then sear and lightly colour the chicken pieces for 7-8 minutes.