- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add tortilla squares; cook and stir until crispy, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk eggs, salt, and pepper together in a bowl. Stir in Cheddar cheese.
- Pour egg and cheese mixture into the skillet; cook and until eggs are firm, about 5 minutes. Pour enchilada sauce on top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 372.9 calories, Carbohydrate 19.3 g, Cholesterol 479.8 mg, Fat 23.4 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 22.1 g, SaturatedFat 7.7 g, Sodium 604.8 mg, Sugar 1.8 g
CHILAQUILES ROJOS (TRADITIONAL MEXICAN BREAKFAST DISH)
- Grill the tomatoes, chiles, garlic and onions until they have a slightly blackened skin. Do not burn!
- Bring 6 cups water to a boil with the blackened veggies until they are cooked through and soft inside.
- Pour the veggies with the hot water and a little added cold water into a food processor and process. Don't blend too much, you want the mixture to be chunky.
- In a large pot, heat up the oil until smoking. Then (carefully!) add a small amount of the sauce mixture and let it burn away for 1 minute (this is for a nice smoky flavor). Then slowly add the rest of the mixture and season with salt and some chicken base.
- Add the tomato puree for color, and mix well. Add the shredded chicken and cook until it is heated through. Add the cilantro. Add the chips and serve immediately on 4 plates. Top each plate with some sour cream, sliced onions, queso fresco and a sprig of cilantro.
- Serve with guacamole, refried black beans and pico de gallo on the side.
- Heat 1 inch of vegetable oil over medium heat in a cast-iron skillet until it registers 350 degrees F on a candy/frying thermometer. (If you don't have a thermometer, carefully dip the corner of a tortilla wedge into the oil. If it sizzles, you are ready to fry.)
- Carefully drop the tortilla quarters into the hot oil and fry, turning them halfway through with tongs or a spider, until crisp but not yet browned, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Remove the tortilla quarters to a paper towel-lined plate to drain; set aside.
- Heat the enchilada sauce in a small pan over medium-high heat until hot. While it is heating, fry the eggs. Melt the butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Crack the eggs into the skillet and fry until the edges are nice and crispy, a minute or two. Season with salt and pepper.
- While the eggs are frying, assembled your chilaquiles. In a shallow 1-quart dish, arrange half of the fried tortillas in a layer. Sprinkle them with half of the cheese. Pour enough of the hot enchilada sauce over the tortillas and cheese to cover most of the chips. Add the remaining chips to the dish in an even layer. Top with the remaining cheese and more sauce. The amount you add here is up to you. You may end up with some leftover enchilada sauce depending on your preference.
- Top with the fried eggs and salsa of your choice. Enjoy while it's nice and hot.
CHILAQUILES BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
- In a glass jar, combine rice wine vinegar, water, salt, and sugar. Microwave on high for 1 minute, then stir well to dissolve sugar and salt. Add red onion. Cover and let cool to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat a 12-inch oven-proof nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add sausage and cook, breaking apart into bite-sized pieces with a wooden spoon, until browned all over and no longer pink, about 8 minutes.
- Add diced green chiles, taco sauce, water, and crunchy taco shell pieces. Stir well to combine. Remove skillet from heat.
- Make 6 wells, spaced evenly apart, in the tortilla mixture. Add 1 egg to each well. Top skillet with Cheddar cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 14 to 17 minutes, until whites around egg yolks are set. Serve immediately with toppings, as desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 629.5 calories, Carbohydrate 47.7 g, Cholesterol 244.1 mg, Fat 37.7 g, Fiber 5.5 g, Protein 25.2 g, SaturatedFat 10.2 g, Sodium 1926.2 mg, Sugar 7.7 g
CHILAQUILES BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
Chilaquiles is a traditional Mexican dish that simmers (often leftover) fried corn tortillas in a salsa or mole sauce. We took the dinnertime favorite and gave it a brunch-ready twist in this casserole recipe. Eggs are layered on top of the tortilla chips, cheese and sauce for a hearty breakfast bake that's sure to be a hit! Top with fresh ingredients (hello, avocado, queso fresco and cilantro!) and be ready for everyone at the table to be grabbing seconds.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In medium bowl, mix enchilada sauce, chiles, green onion whites and taco seasoning mix. Spread 1 cup of mixture in dish. Sprinkle with 1 cup of the Monterey Jack cheese. Top with chips.
- Drizzle with remaining sauce mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese. Cover with foil; bake 30 minutes.
- Remove foil; make 6 wells in chip mixture. Crack one egg into each well. Bake uncovered 15 to 20 minutes longer, or until egg yolks are set and whites are firm. Top with green onion greens, avocado and queso fresco cheese. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 520, Carbohydrate 41 g, Cholesterol 225 mg, Fat 3, Fiber 5 g, Protein 20 g, SaturatedFat 11 g, ServingSize 1 2/3 Cups, Sodium 1050 mg, Sugar 4 g, TransFat 0 g
More about "breakfast chilaquiles recipes"
EASY BREAKFAST CHILAQUILES WITH EGGS - THIS MAMA COOKS!
4.6/5 (8)Total Time 30 minsCategory BreakfastCalories 496 per serving
- In a large oven-safe skillet, sauté onions with chorizo over medium heat. Cook until the chorizo starts to brown and is nearly cooked through.
- Add salsa verde to skillet. Bring the temperature up to medium-high and bring the mixture to a slow boil. Scrape up any brown bits. Simmer for 3-5 minutes until sauce thickens. Stir occasionally.
- Add tortilla chips by the handful to the skillet. Toss with a spatula to completely cover the chips in the sauce. Don't worry about breaking some of the chips.
THE BEST CHILAQUILES RECIPE – AN AUTHENTIC MEXICAN …
4.7/5 (9)Total Time 30 minsCategory BreakfastCalories 336 per serving
CHILAQUILES WITH EGGS (EASY MEXICAN BREAKFAST RECIPE!)
EASY BREAKFAST CHILAQUILES | SUMPTUOUS SPOONFULS
A SIMPLE MEXICAN RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE CHILAQUILES WITH …
CHILAQUILES BREAKFAST SKILLET RECIPE BY ANGELA CARLOS
RED CHILAQUILES RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
CELEBRATE LAS POSADAS WITH BREAKFAST CHILAQUILES AND HERDEZ!
EASY CHILAQUILES RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
CAMPING CHILAQUILES RECIPE | THE ADVENTURE BITE
BREAKFAST CHILAQUILES RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
TEX MEX CHILAQUILES - JO COOKS
HOW TO MAKE CHILAQUILES: MEXICAN BREAKFAST RECIPE
Cuisine MexicanCategory Main Course, Breakfast, BrunchServings 2Total Time 20 mins
CHILAQUILES: HOW TO MAKE
CHILAQUILES RECIPE | MADE IN
CHILAQUILES RECIPES - BBC FOOD
EASY CHEESY BAKED CHILAQUILES RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
BREAKFAST CHILAQUILES RECIPE - RECIPE - ROADFOOD
CHILAQUILES! RECIPE - ALTON BROWN
BACON AND EGG CHILAQUILES - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
HOW TO MAKE MEXICAN CHILAQUILES (CHILAQUILES ROJOS)
EASY CHILAQUILES RECIPE - MY FAVORITE MEXICAN BREAKFAST - YOUTUBE
CHILAQUILES - EASY VERISON OF THE TRADITIONAL MEXICAN BREAKFAST DISH!
THE PERFECT BREAKFAST FOOD (CHILAQUILES 2 WAYS)
CHILAQUILES RECIPE MEXICAN BREAKFAST FAVORITE - MYFOODCHANNEL
MOLE CHILAQUILES FOR BREAKFAST - ADRIANA'S BEST RECIPES
EASY CHILAQUILES RECIPE WITH TORTILLA CHIPS - THE FOODIE AFFAIR
BEST MEXICAN BREAKFAST CHILAQUILES RECIPE - GOODHOUSEKEEPING.COM
EASY CHILAQUILES RECIPE | SPOON FORK BACON
TRADITIONAL CHILAQUILES ROJOS RECIPE - THE ANTHONY KITCHEN
EASY CHILAQUILES RECIPE | MCCORMICK FLAVOR MAKERS | MCCORMICK
BREAKFAST CHILAQUILES | TASTEMADE
CHILAQUILES MAKE-AHEAD BREAKFAST BAKE - FED & FANCY
EASY CHILAQUILES VERDES - MEXICAN BREAKFAST MADE EASY — …
BREAKFAST CHILAQUILES ROJOS - GUERRERO TORTILLAS
BREAKFAST CHILI CHILAQUILES | COUPON CLIPPING COOK®
EASY CHILAQUILES RECIPE (CHILAQUILES VERDES) - FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
MEXICAN BREAKFAST CHILAQUILES - HISPANIC FOOD NETWORK
CHILAQUILES BREAKFAST CASSEROLE | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
RED CHILAQUILES BRUNCH CASSEROLE - GROWING UP BILINGUAL
RED BREAKFAST CHILAQUILES - FARM BOY
Easy Chilaquiles Recipe - My Favorite Mexican Breakfast42K views-08:45
CHILAQUILES| Green Chilaquiles Breakfast | Salsa Verde Chilaquiles35K views-04:27
Chilaquiles Breakfast Casserole | Betty Crocker Recipe2.5K views-00:31
Chilaquiles | How to make Chilaquiles | Mexican Breakfast | Mexican Recipes1.1K views-07:55
Chilaquiles - Green Chilaquiles - Mexican Breakfast294K views-03:16
Chilaquiles (Breakfast Tortillas in Ancho Chili Sauce)1.8K views-12:52
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What are some Mexican breakfast chilaquiles?Mexican breakfast chilaquiles features chorizo, salsa verde, thick tortilla chips, and queso fresco. In a large oven-safe skillet, sauté onions with chorizo over medium heat. Cook until the chorizo starts to brown and is nearly cooked through. Add salsa verde to skillet. Bring the temperature up to medium-high and bring the mixture to a slow boil.
How long does it take to cook chilaquiles?This easy chilaquiles recipe is ready in a total of 20 minutes! Heat oil in a large skillet, add in onion, salt, and pepper, then cook until the onions are soft. Add whisked eggs into the pan and stir until almost set. Mix in enchilada sauce, black beans, and cheese then stir until the cheese is melted.
What is the healthiest way to make chilaquiles?This Healthy and Easy Chilaquiles Recipe is a complete breakfast option which omits the step of frying tortilla chips from the original recipe and is delicious! 1 1/2 pounds of tomatillo roasted or boiled. 1 Poblano Pepper deseeded and without the skin. 20 Corn Tortillas cut into triangles baked (preferred) or fried.
How do you make chilaquiles with eggs?Cook the eggs to your liking. We are suggesting sunny side up. Build the chilaquiles by making a bed with homemade totopos, then add the mole, the onions, crumble ranchero queso fresco and crema Mexicana. Finish adding a fried egg, add mole, cheese, and crumbled cheese.