BEEF BRISKET RUB #1
- Mix ingredients together in bowl. Prepare meat by brushing the surface with oil before applying rub. Apply rub 2 to 4 hours before cooking. The rubbed meat can be refrigerated overnight, as this will increase the flavor slightly.
YEAH, I-LIVED-IN-TEXAS, SMOKED BRISKET
- Soak wood chips in a bowl of water, 8 hours to overnight.
- Mix paprika, white sugar, cumin, cayenne pepper, brown sugar, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl. Rub the spice mixture over the entire brisket; refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Preheat smoker to between 220 degrees F (104 degrees C) and 230 degrees F (110 degrees C). Drain wood chips and place in the smoker.
- Smoke brisket in the preheated smoker until it has an internal temperature of 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), about 12 1/2 hours. Wrap brisket tightly in butcher paper or heavy-duty aluminum foil and return to smoker.
- Continue smoking brisket until an internal temperature of 185 degrees F (85 degrees C) is reached, about 1 hour more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 227.7 calories, Carbohydrate 16.2 g, Cholesterol 57 mg, Fat 6.7 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 26.6 g, SaturatedFat 2.4 g, Sodium 3009.8 mg, Sugar 8.9 g
ROBERT'S BRISKET RUB
This is a basic brisket rub recipe which leaves a tangy and flavorful crust on the brisket. It has been a big hit with my family and friends. This rub covers a 7-pound brisket. Rub mixture onto brisket then let set in plastic wrap overnight.
Provided by Brnagin4
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Mix brown sugar, paprika, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, savory, and cayenne pepper together in a bowl.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 18.7 calories, Carbohydrate 4.4 g, Fat 0.2 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 0.4 g, Sodium 824.6 mg, Sugar 2.9 g
BRISKET WITH AN AFGHAN SPICE RUB
- Spice Rub Grind all ingredients together with a mortar and pestle or spice grinder. Store in an airtight container. Make 1/3 cup. Yogurt Sauce Strain yogurt with a cheese cloth for about an hour or until yogurt thickens. Mix with garlic and salt to taste. Set aside and keep in the refrigerator until use. Brisket Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. Pat beef brisket dry and season with salt and pepper. Rub spice mix over both sides of the brisket and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in an oven-safe dutch oven on the stove top over medium high heat. Brown brisket on both sides - 5 minutes each. In the meantime, cook onions in a saute pan over medium heat in remaining tablespoon of oil. Once onions soften, reduce heat to medium low and allow to cook thoroughly for 15 - 20 minutes. Add garlic, salt and pepper for one minute and then add water. Bring mixture to a boil. Once brisket is browned on both sides, pour mixture over the brisket, place the lid on the dutch oven just slightly ajar and place in the oven. Allow brisket to roast for 1 hour and 45 minutes. Check the brisket halfway through and add water of needed. Remove brisket from oven and allow it to cool completely (about 1 hour). Remove brisket from dutch oven, scrape off onions and wrap in foil. Keep brisket in the refrigerator overnight. Keep onion mixture in a separate container and keep in the refrigerator. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Slice brisket against the grain and place into an oven-safe dish. Remove fat from the onion mixture and place into a blender - blend until smooth (add water if mixture is too thick). Pour gravy over brisket and bake for 35-40 minutes or until brisket is warmed through. Remove from the oven, drizzle yogurt sauce over brisket, top with fresh coriander (cilantro) and serve.
- Toast the paprika, coriander, fennel, black peppercorns, allspice, chile powder, cloves, curry powder, mustard powder, white peppercorns and star anise in a skillet over low heat until fragrant. Transfer to a spice grinder and blitz to a fine powder. Put the mixture in a medium bowl and stir in the garlic salt, kosher salt, brown sugar, celery salt and onion powder. Store in a sealed container.
- Use the rub on brisket or your favorite protein, making sure to cover the brisket completely and cure 24 hours before cooking.
AMAZING BRISKET RUB RECIPE
Learn how to make the best brisket rub recipe for all your favorite beef brisket recipes! The perfect blend of seasonings for brisket.
Provided by Isabel Laessig
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Combine pepper, salt, paprika, and garlic powder in a large bowl, and whisk well.
- Pour the rub over the brisket and rub it on, until every part of the brisket is coated. Store any leftover brisket rub in an airtight container such as a jar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 426 kcal, Carbohydrate 102 g, Protein 19 g, Fat 7 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Sodium 28345 mg, Fiber 41 g, Sugar 4 g, UnsaturatedFat 4 g, ServingSize 1 serving
SMOKING BRISKET RUB
Called "Wild Willy's One-derful Rub" by the Jamisons (Smoke & Spice, p. 105, 1994 Harvard Common Press) this is our favorite rub for beef brisket on the side-smoker, or the stovetop for that matter. Try it and let me know what you think?
Provided by Queen Dragon Mom
Categories Low Cholesterol
Yield 1 3/4 cups
Number Of Ingredients 8
- The night before you plan to smoke, mix all ingredients.
- Rub all over your "guest of honor," wrap in foil, plastic wrap or a large bag, and refrigerate overnight.
- (I use plastic wrap and squeeze all the air out. This seems to work best for me).
- 30 minutes before you will start cooking, take meat from the fridge and set it out to come to room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 316.8, Fat 7.3, SaturatedFat 1.3, Sodium 16222.7, Carbohydrate 71, Fiber 23.3, Sugar 35.6, Protein 9.9
More about "brisket with an afghan spice rub recipes"
CLASSIC BEEF BRISKET RECIPE WITH DRY RUB - THESE OLD …
5/5 (2)Total Time 4 hrs 10 minsCategory Entree, Main CourseCalories 380 per serving
- Mix together brown sugar, chili powder, paprika, cocoa powder, minced onion, garlic powder, salt and pepper; rub all sides of the brisket.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake brisket (fat side up) uncovered in a deep cast iron casserole or large foil pan for 1 hour.
- Reduce heat to 300 degrees; add beef broth and cover. Cook for 2-4 more hours or until the meat falls apart.
BEST BRISKET RUB RECIPE - HOMEMADE & AWARD WINNING …
Estimated Reading Time 9 mins
DELICIOUS BRISKET RUB RECIPE – BBQ ESSENTIAL - CAVE TOOLS
BASIC BRISKET RUB RECIPE IS BIG ON FLAVOR - SMOKER COOKING
BEEF BRISKET RECIPE - DINNER AT THE ZOO
DRY RUB SMOKED BRISKET RECIPE - THE KITCHEN MAGPIE
SWEET AND SMOKY BEEF BRISKET - DOWNSHIFTOLOGY
BRISKET DRY RUB - DOWNSHIFTOLOGY
KEEP IT SIMPLE: 3 EASY RUBS FOR BRISKET - BARBECUEBIBLE.COM
SPICY BRISKET RUB RECIPE - HUNGRY ENOUGH TO EAT SIX
PELLET GRILLS & PELLET SMOKERS FOR SALE ONLINE | GRILLA GRILLS
THIS SPICY BRISKET RUB RECIPE BRINGS SOME HEAT TO THE …
BRISKET RUB - GIMME SOME GRILLING
THE BEST TEXAS BRISKET RUB RECIPE | WHOLESOME YUM
BRISKET RUB RECIPE - DINNER AT THE ZOO
BEST BRISKET RUB RECIPES - BBQ & GRILLING
10 BEST SEASONING BEEF BRISKET RECIPES - YUMMLY
TOP 5 BEST BARBECUE BRISKET RUB RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
- Brisket Brown Sugar Rub. Smoked barbecue brisket works great with sweet flavors. This brisket brown sugar rub starts with brown sugar (choose a dark brown sugar for added molasses flavor) and then picks up the salt and seasoning that finish off a good rub.
- Easy Brisket Rub. This easy brisket rub is built on the basics of barbecue. The combination of paprika, sugar, and salt give it the color and the flavor effect you want while the garlic and onions powders, as well as oregano, add depth.
- Texas-Style Brisket Rub. This brisket rub has the spicy heat that makes Texas-style barbecue rub great. You can add sugar to this rub if you want to cut the heat a bit, but what makes it Texas-style is the spice.
- Barbecue Brisket Rub. This barbecue brisket rub starts with a good portion of salt, but don't worry—by using a coarse salt, it will absorb more slowly into the meat without picking up too much of the saltiness.
- Chipotle Dry Rub. Chipotle chilies add a smokey heat that is perfect for brisket. Use dried chipotles to keep this chipotle dry rub dry. (You can buy chipotle chili powder but it is a bit more expensive.)
TEXAS STYLE BRISKET RUB (SECRET RECIPE) - FOOD NEWS
WHAT SHOULD I SEASON MY BRISKET WITH? [& HOW MUCH TO USE?]
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE FLAVOR WITH THIS BIG BAD BEEF DRY RUB RECIPE
BRISKET RUB RECIPE - TEXAS BARBECUE
BROWN SUGAR BRISKET RUB - BARBECUE & GRILLING WITH DERRICK …
HOW TO MAKE BRISKET RUB IN MINUTES | IDEAL FOR BEEF BRISKETS
JUICY BEEF BRISKET - CAFE DELITES
BRISKET WITH AN AFGHAN SPICE RUB- WIKIFOODHUB
SOUTHERN SPICE RUBBED BRISKET RECIPE | AUSTRALIAN BEEF - RECIPES ...
EASY BRISKET RUB RECIPE - FOOD FLAVORZ
BEST SMOKED BRISKET RUB RECIPE - GRILL MASTER UNIVERSITY
BEST SMOKED BRISKET RUB RECIPE - THE KITCHEN PROFESSOR
BRISKET RUB - HEY GRILL, HEY
SMOKED BRISKET PLUS PERFECT BRISKET RUB RECIPE - I LOVE GRILLING MEAT
BRISKET RUB RECIPE | MYRECIPES
TEXAS-STYLE BRISKET DRY RUB RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
ADD FLAVOR TO BRISKET WITH ONE OF THESE DRY RUBS
SMOKED BEEF BRISKET RUB RECIPE - THE BLACK PEPPERCORN
RECIPE: BEEF BRISKET WITH SWEET SPICE RUB - FOOD NEWS
BRISKET RUB FOR REAL TASTY BEEF BRISKET - BARBECUE KNOW HOW
BRISKET RUB: WHAT IT IS, RECIPE, AND HOW TO APPLY IT - OWN THE GRILL
HOW TO MAKE A BRISKET RUB IN ONLY 1 MINUTE - YOUTUBE.COM
DELICIOUS SMOKED BRISKET SECRET – USING MUSTARD & DRY RUB
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make beef brisket rub?Steps to Make It. In a medium bowl, whisk together paprika, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, dried parsley, cayenne pepper, cumin, coriander, oregano, and hot chili powder until thoroughly mixed. The rub is now ready to be applied to a brisket or any other protein of your choosing.
What is the best way to spice up brisket?(Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.) This Texas-style dry rub recipe is an easy way to spice up beef brisket. In true Tex-Mex style, this rub gets a kick from cayenne pepper and hot chili powder.
Can you put cayenne pepper on brisket?Remember, when applying to the brisket, work the rub thoroughly into the meat to get the flavor inside. In true Tex-Mex style, this rub has a kick to it from cayenne pepper and hot chili powder. The heat can be adjusted to your liking, but leave some in otherwise this won't be a Southwestern-style meat rub.
Can you use brisket rub on a pellet grill?This rub mixture also contains natural hickory smoke flavors, making it ideal for usage of pellet grills, since these type of grills tend to be a little light with the smoke flavor. The added smoke flavor will make this product a great choice for anyone, since most of home cooked brisket is smoked using an electric or pellet smoker.