BEST BROCCOLI RICE CASSEROLE
- Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Sprinkle over the flour, dry mustard and cayenne and stir to mix it in well. Continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Next, add the milk, stirring constantly; cook until thickened, about 2 minutes. Add the cream cheese and Parmesan, stirring until totally combined. Stir in the pepper, salt and paprika. Add the processed cheese, stirring until completely melted. Next, add 1 1/2 cups of the Cheddar and stir until melted. Then, fold in the broccoli and pimentos.
- In a large baking dish, create a base with half of the rice. Top with half of the broccoli cheese sauce. Repeat with the remaining rice, then the remaining sauce. Sprinkle the rest of the Cheddar evenly over the top of the casserole. Bake until bubbly, about 30 minutes.
BROCCOLI WILD RICE CASSEROLE
- Add the wild rice to a medium saucepan with 5 cups of the chicken broth. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce the heat to low and cover the pan. Cook until the rice has just started to break open and is slightly tender, 35 to 40 minutes. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a boil and prepare an ice water bath. Blanch the broccoli by throwing the florets into the boiling water until bright green and still slightly crisp, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Immediately drain the broccoli and plunge it into the bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process. Remove it from the ice water and set aside.
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat, then melt 6 tablespoons of the butter. Add the mushrooms and onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid begins to evaporate, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the carrots and celery and cook until the vegetables are soft and the mixture begins to turn darker in color, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle the flour on the vegetables, stir to incorporate it and cook for about a minute. Pour in the remaining 3 cups of broth and stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a gentle boil and allow it to thicken, about 3 minutes. Pour in the heavy cream, stirring to combine. Let the mixture cook until it thickens. Add the salt and pepper, then taste and adjust the seasonings as needed.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix together the cooked rice and broccoli and tip into a 2-quart baking dish. Using a ladle, scoop out the vegetable/broth mixture and spoon it evenly all over the top, totally covering the surface with the vegetables.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter, then pour it into a separate bowl with the panko breadcrumbs. Toss the mixture together to coat the breadcrumbs in butter, then sprinkle the breadcrumbs all over the top of the casserole.
- Cover with foil and bake the casserole for 20 minutes, then remove the foil and continue baking until golden brown on top, another 15 minutes. Sprinkle on the parsley after you remove it from the oven.
BROCCOLI RICE CASSEROLE
- Cook broccoli and rice according to package directions. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, mix cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, and 1 1/4 cups water. Gradually stir in cheese until melted. Be careful that the cheese doesn't burn.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and cook and stir celery and onion until soft.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine broccoli, rice, soup and cheese mixture, celery and onion. Season with salt and pepper. Pour mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, until bubbly and lightly brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 612.4 calories, Carbohydrate 92.1 g, Cholesterol 47.3 mg, Fat 17.9 g, Fiber 4.3 g, Protein 20.7 g, SaturatedFat 10.2 g, Sodium 1165.9 mg, Sugar 3.1 g
BROCCOLI RICE CASSEROLE
This hearty broccoli rice casserole is my usual choice to make for a potluck. With the green of the broccoli and the rich cheese sauce, it's pretty to serve, and it makes a tasty side dish for almost any kind of meat. -Margaret Mayes, La Mesa, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery and broccoli; cook and stir until crisp-tender, 3-5 minutes. Stir in the cheese sauce, soup and milk until smooth. Spoon rice into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Pour cheese mixture over rice; do not stir. Bake, uncovered, until bubbly, 25-30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 241 calories, Fat 11g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 32mg cholesterol, Sodium 782mg sodium, Carbohydrate 28g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 8g protein.
BROCCOLI RICE CASSEROLE
- Heat the butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until tender-crisp, stirring occasionally.
- Stir the broccoli in the skillet and cook until it's tender-crisp, stirring occasionally. Stir in the milk, soup, cheese sauce and rice. Cook and stir until the cheese is melted. Pour the broccoli mixture into a 2-quart shallow baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 30 minutes or until the mixture is hot and bubbling.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 252.3 calories, Carbohydrate 26.6 g, Cholesterol 36.9 mg, Fat 13.7 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 6.2 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, Sodium 551.5 mg, Sugar 2.9 g
WILD RICE BROCCOLI CASSEROLE - BEST OF BRIDGE
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Cook the rice as directed - it's fine if the rice is tender and there's still extra moisture left.
- Prepare the broccoli and in a medium bowl mix together 1 1/2 c. of the cheese with the soup.
- Grease a 4 L casserole and spread half of the rice evenly on the bottom followed by half of the broccoli and then half of the soup mixture. Repeat the layers and top with the remaining 1/2 c. of cheese.
- Bake at 350 for about an hour.
BROCCOLI AND WILD RICE CASSEROLE
This dish has become a family holiday favorite. I have tried many broccoli-rice dishes and this one is the best in my opinion. See what you think.
Provided by ratherbeswimmin
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Cook broccoli according to package directions.
- When broccoli is cooked, use paper towels to absorb any excess water.
- Mix together rice, broccoli, cream of chicken soup, Cheez Whiz, and water chestnuts.
- Pour into casserole dish.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 298.5, Fat 16.6, SaturatedFat 8.8, Cholesterol 48.6, Sodium 1488.7, Carbohydrate 27.6, Fiber 4, Sugar 7.9, Protein 11.4
BROCCOLI, CHICKEN AND WILD RICE CASSEROLE
Prepare a delicious chicken and wild rice casserole that features fresh chopped broccoli and shredded Italian cheese. Broccoli, Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole is ready in just over a half-hour.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Combine chicken, rice, broccoli, gravy and 1 cup cheese.
- Spoon into 8-inch square baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; top with remaining cheese.
- Mix bread crumbs and butter until blended; sprinkle over casserole. Cover.
- Bake 25 to 30 min. or until heated through, uncovering after 15 min.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 310, Fat 15 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 45 mg, Sodium 770 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 19 g
WILD RICE BROCCOLI CHICKEN CASSEROLE
I am not sure where this originally came from (I did not make it up). My OAMC Club uses this recipe Enjoy!
Provided by Tamerlane
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cook rice mix.
- Cook onion and celery in butter until tender.
- Stir in soup, sour cream, and wine.
- Stir in chicken and cooked rice.
- Turn into casserole or baking dish.
- Bake uncovered in 350 degree oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Leftover idea ** Make chicken soup with leftover chicken. Save chicken stock from above recipe. Add 1/3 cup onion, 1 can corn, 1 1/2 cups noodles. Simmer 10 minutes. Add leftover chicken 1-2 cups, heat thoroughly. Season with parsley, salt and pepper.
More about "broccoli and wild rice casserole recipes"
WILD RICE BROCCOLI CASSEROLE - PHENOMENAL
Reviews 1Estimated Reading Time 4 minsServings 8Total Time 1 hr 30 mins
- Add butter or oil to a large oven-safe pot like a cast iron Dutch oven. Heat over medium-high heat before adding the butternut squash.
- Cook the squash for 3 minutes before adding the onion, garlic, mushrooms and seasonings. Cook for 3-5 minutes until onions and mushrooms are softened and fragrant.
- Add the rice and vegetable broth or water. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 45 minutes or until the rice is cooked.
ONE PAN BROCCOLI CHEESE WILD RICE CASSEROLE. - HALF …
4.2/5 (236)Total Time 1 hr 45 minsEstimated Reading Time 6 minsCalories 431 per serving
ONE PAN WILD RICE AND CHEESY BROCCOLI CASSEROLE
BROCCOLI, CHICKEN AND CHEESE WILD RICE CASSEROLE
PIONEER WOMAN'S BROCCOLI-WILD RICE CASSEROLE (AND A …
BROCCOLI RICE CASSEROLE - CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
SPOONFUL OF FLAVOR
WILD RICE CASSEROLE WITH BROCCOLI AND CHEESE - STACY LYN …
ROASTED BROCCOLI WILD RICE CASSEROLE - TINY RED KITCHEN
BEST BROCCOLI WILD RICE CASSEROLE RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK …
2.7/5 (595)Total Time 1 hr 40 minsServings 12
BROCCOLI, CHEDDAR, AND WILD RICE CASSEROLE (WITH CHICKEN)
BROCCOLI & RICE CASSEROLE - STOLENRECIPES.NET
BROCCOLI, CHEDDAR AND WILD RICE CASSEROLE – STYLISH CUISINE
CHEESY BROCCOLI AND WILD RICE CASSEROLE - EAT 2 GATHER
CHEESY BROCCOLI AND WILD RICE CASSEROLE - MILK MEANS MORE
WILD RICE, BROCCOLI AND CHEESE CASSEROLE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
WILD RICE CASSEROLE - CAMPBELLS FOOD SERVICE
WILD RICE/BROCCOLI CASSEROLE | CANADIAN LIVING
WILD RICE CASSEROLE (BROCCOLI CHEESE!) – A COUPLE COOKS
BROCCOLI AND WILD RICE CASSEROLE - THE THREE BITE RULE
BROCCOLI CHEESE WILD RICE CASSEROLE - HALF BAKED HARVEST | KITCHN
WILD RICE & BROCCOLI BAKE
25 BEST WILD RICE RECIPES TO PUT ON REPEAT - INSANELY GOOD
WILD RICE BROCCOLI CASSEROLE – DEANNA'S DAUGHTER
BROCCOLI WILD RICE CASSEROLE - LIFE CURRENTS - MAIN DISH
BAKED CHEESY CHICKEN & BROCCOLI WILD RICE BLEND CASSEROLE
WILD RICE, BROCCOLI & CHEESE CASSEROLE RECIPE - THISTLE
BROCCOLI CHEESE WILD RICE CASSEROLE | RALSTON FAMILY FARMS
CHEESE AND BROCCOLI WILD RICE CASSEROLE - SWEETGRASS TRADING CO
BROCCOLI, BLACK BEAN, AND CHEESY WILD RICE CASSEROLE
WILD RICE AND BROCCOLI CASSEROLE | CANADIAN LIVING
WILD RICE BROCCOLI CASSEROLE - SPICEITUPP
BROCCOLI AND PORTOBELLO MUSHROOM WILD RICE CASSEROLE
CREAMY VEGAN BROCCOLI WILD RICE CASSEROLE - THEVEGLIFE
BROCCOLI, CHICKEN AND CHEESE WILD RICE CASSEROLE - MY ROI LIST
BROCCOLI CASSEROLE WITH RICE
BROCCOLI WILD RICE CASSEROLE | PUNCHFORK
BROCCOLI WILD RICE CASSEROLE RECIPE - THE PIONEER WOMAN
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #5-ingredients-or-less #casseroles #main-dish #side-dishes #rice #vegetables #american #oven #easy #holiday-event #dietary #thanksgiving #midwestern #pasta-rice-and-grains #broccoli #equipment
You'll also love