BROCCOLI AND DILL RAITA SLAW
Provided by Aarti Sequeira
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients except the broccoli slaw, cranberries, and almonds. Taste for seasoning and adjust according to your palate.
- Add the slaw, cranberries, and almonds and gently toss. Chill before serving.
- Ginger-Garlic Paste:
- Throw the garlic, ginger, and canola oil in a mini-food processor and let it go until it forms a semi-smooth paste. There will still be tiny little pieces in there, but overall, it should resemble a paste.
- Save what you don't use in a small glass jar; it should last in the fridge for 2 to 3 weeks. It's a delicious addition to marinades, pasta sauces, stir-fry sauces, slow-cooker recipes, gravy etc. We always had a jar of this stuff in our fridge growing up.
Believe it or not, the star behind this 5-ingredient supper is overcooked broccoli! We over-steam it here to give the broccoli a delicate and creamy texture, making it perfect for mashing, mixing with pasta water and tossing with pasta.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Set up a steamer basket in a 3-quart saucepan. Add enough water to come up to the bottom of the basket. Bring the water to a boil. Add the broccoli florets to the basket, cover and cook until the broccoli is soft and nearly falling apart but still holds its shape, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Transfer the broccoli to a large bowl. Add 2 tablespoons butter and gently toss; season with salt and pepper, then mash.
- Cook the spaghetti according to label directions, then reserve 1 cup cooking water and drain.
- In a large skillet, cook the garlic in the remaining 2 tablespoons butter and the olive oil for 30 seconds. Add the mashed broccoli, the Parmesan and half of the reserved cooking water. Cook, stirring, until saucy. Season with salt and pepper. Toss with the spaghetti, adding more cooking water as needed.
SKILLET BROCCOLI SPAGHETTI
This pasta, adapted from "I Dream of Dinner (So You Don't Have To)," by Ali Slagle (Clarkson Potter, 2022), might seem unorthodox at first. The pasta is cooked in the sauce instead of in a separate pot of boiling water? The broccoli is cooked until it's mushy enough to become sauce? Yes and yes, and for very good reasons. The sauce, sweet from simmered-until-tender broccoli and savory with loads of garlic and anchovy, tastes lovingly coddled, like you cooked that broccoli forever. But you know the truth: It came together in minutes. You don't have to wait for a big pot of water to come to a boil, but more important, the pasta and sauce have a symbiotic relationship. The pasta soaks up the sauce flavors from the start, and the pasta releases starch to help turn the water into a creamy sauce.
Provided by Ali Slagle
Categories pastas, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Thinly slice the garlic and transfer to a large (12-inch) skillet with high sides. Cut the florets off the broccoli, keeping as much of the branch connected to the trunk as possible. Peel the trunk and cut the trunk and branches into 1/2-inch pieces. Transfer to the skillet. Roughly chop the florets so even the biggest pieces fit on a soup spoon. Leave the florets on the cutting board.
- To the skillet, add the butter and anchovies, and set over medium-high. Cook, smashing the anchovies and stirring the butter, until the garlic and broccoli are softened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the spaghetti, the florets and any broccoli bits on the board, 2 teaspoons salt and the red-pepper flakes. Pour over 5 cups water. Bring to a boil over high, then cook, tossing often with tongs, until the spaghetti is al dente, 8 to 12 minutes. If the pasta is looking dry, add more water. Eat with grated Parmesan, if using.
CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI WITH DILL SAUCE
I've had this chicken and broccoli recipe for so many years, I don't remember when I first made it. Serve it with a side of couscous or rice for a complete meal, or add some sliced mushrooms or carrots for extra veggies. -Kallee Krong-Mccreery, Escondido, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; brown chicken on both sides. Remove from pan., Add broccoli and broth to same skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until broccoli is just tender, 3-5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove broccoli from pan, reserving broth. Keep broccoli warm., In a small bowl, mix flour, dill and milk until smooth; stir into broth in pan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Add chicken; cook, covered, over medium heat until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°, 10-12 minutes. Serve with broccoli.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 274 calories, Fat 9g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 100mg cholesterol, Sodium 620mg sodium, Carbohydrate 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 39g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
A co-worker tipped me off to this splashy marinade for broccoli. The longer you wait, the better it gets. Add some fresh cauliflower if you have it. -Tiffony Bush, Huntingdon, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place broccoli in a large bowl or shallow dish. Whisk together remaining ingredients; add to broccoli and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight., To serve, drain broccoli, discarding marinade.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 79 calories, Fat 7g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 119mg sodium, Carbohydrate 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
BROCCOLI WITH LEMON AND DILL
- In a large saucepan cook and stir onion and garlic in hot oil about 3 minutes or until tender. Add broth; bring to boiling. Add broccoli. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender. Transfer vegetables to a serving platter, reserving broth in pan (add additional broth, if necessary, to measure 1/2 cup).
- In a small bowl combine lemon juice and cornstarch; add to broth in saucepan. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Stir in dill. Season to taste with kosher salt and pepper. Spoon sauce over vegetables; toss to coat. If desired, garnish with lemon slices.
BOW TIE PASTA WITH BROCCOLI, GARLIC, AND LEMON
- Warm olive oil in a small frying pan over low heat. Slowly cook garlic in oil until golden, about 2 to 3 minutes. Be very careful not to burn garlic. Stir in lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water. About 5 minutes before pasta is done, drop broccoli into the pasta water. Continue to cook until pasta is cooked and broccoli is crisp-tender. Drain.
- Toss pasta, broccoli, and lemon sauce in a large bowl. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 380.1 calories, Carbohydrate 47.7 g, Cholesterol 4.4 mg, Fat 17 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 11.7 g, SaturatedFat 3.1 g, Sodium 395.3 mg, Sugar 3.5 g
More about "broccoli dill pasta recipes"
EASIEST PASTA AND BROCCOLI RECIPE – JUST 5 INGREDIENTS! - SKINNYTASTE
4.5/5 (30)Total Time 15 minsCategory DinnerCalories 289 per serving
- When water boils, add pasta and broccoli at the same time and cook according to pasta instructions for al dente.
- When pasta is almost done cooking, reserve about 1 cup of the pasta water and set aside. Drain pasta and broccoli.
- Return the pot to the stove and set heat to high; add 1 tbsp olive oil, when hot, add garlic. Cook until golden, reduce flame to low and add pasta back to the pot.
THIS BROCCOLI-DILL PASTA HAS A HIPPIE TWIST. YOUR KIDS WILL …
Author Tejal Rao
BROCCOLI PASTA - SIMPLE JOY
PASTA WITH BROCCOLI | SHARE THE PASTA
RECIPES | TOP GLUTEN-FREE RECIPES | TOLERANT FOODS
BROCCOLI DILL SALAD - INDIAN VEGGIE DELIGHT
CREAMY DILL CHICKEN PASTA RECIPE - CRUNCHY CREAMY SWEET
EASY LEMON BROCCOLI PASTA - CONNOISSEURUS VEG
ITALIAN BROCCOLI PASTA · MY THREE SEASONS
BROCCOLI-DILL PASTA RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
BROCCOLI WITH DILL - 7 RECIPES | TASTYCRAZE.COM
DILL PASTA RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD - STEVEHACKS.COM
SHRIMP & BROCCOLINI PASTA IN CREOLE DILL SAUCE - TONY CHACHERE
PASTA CON BROCCOLI - ITALIAN AND ITALIAN-AMERICAN RECIPES - SIP AND …
SHRIMP PASTA WITH DILL PESTO AND GARLIC ROASTED TOMATOES
SALMON AND BROCCOLI PASTA IN A CREAMY DILL SAUCE - FOODLE CLUB
ONE POT BACON AND BROCCOLI PASTA RECIPE - BELLY FULL
REALLY QUICK BROCCOLI PASTA | RECIPETIN EATS
BROCCOLI PASTA SALAD RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
BROCCOLI CHEDDAR PASTA BAKE - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
FETA PASTA WITH DILL - THE RECIPE REBEL
LEMON BUTTER BROCCOLI PASTA - DISHING OUT HEALTH
PASTA WITH ROASTED BROCCOLI, GARLIC AND OIL - SKINNYTASTE
PASTA WITH BROCCOLI: AN EASY PASTA RECIPE - THE BELLA VITA
DO BROCCOLI AND DILL GO TOGETHER? - CHOWTRAY
BROCCOLI-DILL PASTA RECIPE | RECIPE | RECIPES, PASTA RECIPES, NYT …
BROCCOLI PASTA RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
10-MINUTE BROCCOLINI PASTA RECIPE - THE EDGY VEG
CHEESY PASTA CASSEROLE WITH BROCCOLI AND CHEESE RECIPE
10 BEST BROCCOLINI PASTA RECIPES | YUMMLY
CREAMY LEMON & DILL SPAGHETTI - BOSH!
FINDERS KEEPERS: BROCCOLI & DILL PASTA - IZZY HAVE YOU EATEN
BROCCOLI-DILL PASTA RECIPE | RECIPE | RECIPES, BROCCOLI, PASTA RECIPES
BROCCOLI GARLIC PASTA - EASY 20 MINUTE FAMILY DINNER
BROCCOLI PASTA WITH LEMON - IT STARTS WITH GOOD FOOD
ONE-PAN PASTA WITH BROCCOLI AND MUSHROOMS - CHATTAVORE
ONE-POT BROCCOLI ALFREDO PASTA - THE PIONEER WOMAN
PASTA AND BROCCOLI AND DILL RECIPES RECIPES (408) - SUPERCOOK
You'll also love