- In a large bowl combine eggs with 1/4 cup sugar and beat until thick and lemon-colored. Add the oil. Combine separately 1-1/2 cups of the flour, the baking powder and the salt. Gradually add this to the egg mixture and beat well.
- Turn dough out onto a floured board (use remaining 1/2 cup flour) and knead thoroughly until dough is smooth.
- Shape dough into sixteen balls. Roll each one into a circle about 5 inches in diameter. Let stand uncovered on waxed paper for about 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep fry pan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Fry circles until golden brown, turning once. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with sugar/cinnamon mixture. Store airtight.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 300.8 calories, Carbohydrate 55.7 g, Cholesterol 93 mg, Fat 6.1 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 6.4 g, SaturatedFat 1.2 g, Sodium 387.3 mg, Sugar 31.5 g
CHORIZO PUFFS (BUNUELOS DE CHORIZO)
- Saute the chorizo in a skillet for a couple of minutes until it starts to give off its oil. (Drain off some oil if there is a lot.) To make the dough, place in a saucepan over medium heat the water, butter and salt. When the water comes to a boil and the butter has melted, add the flour all at once. Lower the heat and stir with a wooden spoon until the dough leaves the sides of the pan and forms a ball. Continue cooking and stirring for 1 to 2 minutes. Turn off the heat and beat in the eggs 1 at a time. The dough will separate, then hold together again. (This step may be done effortlessly in a food processor; once the flour has been added and forms a ball, transfer the dough to the processor. Process for 15 seconds. Add both eggs and beat for 45 seconds.) Combine the Bunuelo dough with the chorizo. (This can also be done in the processor.) (May be prepared ahead.) In a skillet heat the oil at least 1/2-inch deep to about 380 degrees F. Drop the dough by teaspoonfuls into the oil and fry over medium hear, turning occasionally, until puffed and golden. Drain on paper towels. (May be kept warm in 200 degree F oven up to 30 minutes.)
CHEESE PUFFS(BUNUELOS DE QUESO)
Fried cheese that are light/airy. To be eaten right after frying. Fron the cookbook "Tapas" The little dishes of Spain.
Provided by Coppercloud
Yield 8 puffs, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat oil in pan(390-400/F), needs to be 1/2" deep. You can use deep-fryer if you have one.
- Beat egg whites until stiff, but not dry. Fold in the cheese cayenne and flour.
- With floured hands shape batter into walnut size balls. If adding ham, this should be cut into 1/2" cubes. You will need 8 pieces. Press cubes if ham into center.
- Cook in hot oil until golden brown.
- Can be kept warm in 200/F oven up to 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 118.4, Fat 7.6, SaturatedFat 4.8, Cholesterol 24.8, Sodium 79.3, Carbohydrate 3.1, Fiber 0.1, Sugar 0.5, Protein 9.3
FRIED SWEET PUFFS (BUNUELOS)
This treat is sweet and delicious. And it's hard to just stop at one! description from bestcubanrecipes.blogspot.com Haven't tried these yet. Not exactly sure on the prep and cooking times.
Provided by Elaniemay
Categories < 60 Mins
Yield 2 dozen
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Mix flour, baking powder together in a large bowl. Add sugar and salt and mix. Add butter to bowl, and use a fork to crumble the mixture, making sure to mix in the butter evenly. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and add milk to bowl and mix. Add mixture to the large bowl with flour mixture, and mix. Sprinkle flour on a flat kneading board and knead the dough until smooth. Break off small pieces of dough and roll into balls.
- Heat pan with canola oil, and fry balls until golden brown, frying on all sides. Drain on paper towels, and sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. You may optionally add glaze to the bunuelos for extra sweetness. Prepare the glaze by melting butter in a saucepan. Add the sugar, water, and rum and slowly bring to a boil. Then reduce to medium, and let cook for 10 minutes Let cool. Pour glaze over bunuelos and allow them to absorb the glaze for about an hour. Serve using serving plate and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1830.5, Fat 75.2, SaturatedFat 45.9, Cholesterol 329.6, Sodium 1457.3, Carbohydrate 238.8, Fiber 3.9, Sugar 125.6, Protein 21.3
More about "bunuelos fried sweet puffs recipes"
HOMEMADE AUTHENTIC MEXICAN BUñUELOS RECIPE (SWEET …
SWEET BUNUELOS TORTILLA CREAM CHEESECAKE - THE TORTILLA …
SPANISH BUñUELOS RECIPE - SPANISH SABORES
BUNUELOS RECIPE - IMMACULATE BITES
MEXICAN STYLE BUNUELOS RECIPE-SWEET FRITTER
HOW TO MAKE MEXICAN BUñUELOS RECIPE (QUICK AND EASY)
BUñUELOS RECIPE WITH TORTILLAS TO PLEASE YOUR SWEET TOOTH
FRIED SWEET PUFFS BUNUELOS - PLAIN.RECIPES
CUBAN BUNUELOS RECIPE - PETITE GOURMETS
BUñUELOS - COLUMBIAN FRIED CHEESE PUFFS (GLUTEN-FREE)
BUNUELOS - SONORA TORTILLAS
COLOMBIAN BUñUELOS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
LIGHT & CRISP MEXICAN BUñUELOS - GEMMA’S BIGGER BOLDER BAKING
BUñUELOS | IMPERIAL SUGAR - RECIPES
BUñUELOS - TRADITIONAL SPANISH RECIPE | 196 FLAVORS
FRIED SWEET PUFFS OR BUNUELOS - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
BUNUELOS FRIED SWEET PUFFS RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
FRIED SWEET PUFFS (BUNUELOS) « RECIPICKS.COM
FRIED SWEET PUFFS (BUNUELOS)
BUñUELOS DE VIENTO (CREAM PUFFS) RECIPE - FASCINATING SPAIN
ASTRAY RECIPES: FRIED SWEET PUFFS (BUNUELOS)
BUñUELOS - FRIED CHEESE PUFFS - PASTRYWIZ
MEXICAN BUNUELOS RECIPE [VIDEO] - SWEET AND SAVORY MEALS
MEXICAN BUNUELOS RECIPE - COOKIST.COM
BUNUELOS (FRIED SWEET PUFFS) - MASTERCOOK
BUñUELOS (SPANISH PASTRY PUFFS) - FOODS & WINES FROM SPAIN
BUNUELOS (FRIED CHEESE PUFFS) RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
BUñUELOS (AN AUTHENTIC MEXICAN RECIPE) - HOUSE OF YUMM
DISNEY ENCANTO'S BUñUELOS RECIPE - YUMMY.PH
BUNUELOS | CINNAMON SUGAR FRIED TORTILLAS RECIPE | HOW TO
FRIED CHEESE BALLS RECIPE: A SWEET-SALTY TAKE ON COLOMBIAN …
SPANISH BUñUELOS DE VIENTO | SWEET FRITTER • QUE RICO TAPAS
BUNUELOS (FRIED SWEET PUFFS) - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
BUñUELOS, TRADITIONAL MEXICAN DESSERT RECIPE - J DOUG HALL
FRIED SWEET PUFFS (BUNUELOS) RECIPE
BAKED BUNUELOS CHIPS - MIND OVER MUNCH
EASY BUñUELOS (4 INGREDIENT MEXICAN DESSERT!) - KITCHEN GIDGET
BUNUELOS DE VIENTO (WIND PUFFS) - BIGOVEN.COM
FRIED SWEET PUFFS (BUNUELOS) - BIGOVEN.COM
GUATEMALAN BUñUELOS RECIPE - GROWING UP BILINGUAL
FRIED SWEET PUFFS (BUNUELOS) - PLAIN.RECIPES
You'll also love