NECTARINES WITH VELVETY VANILLA CREAM
Naughty nectarines with velvety vanilla cream
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Treat
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Sprinkle the gelatine over 3 tbsp cold water in a small, heatproof bowl. Leave to stand for a few minutes until spongy, then place the bowl in a pan of gently simmering water until the gelatine dissolves. Set aside.
- Pour the cream into a saucepan and tip in the sugar. Split the vanilla pod in half lengthways, scrape out the black seeds and whisk into the cream. Set the pan over a medium heat and bring the cream to the boil. Take the pan off the heat and stir in the gelatine.
- Pour the milk into the hot cream, give it all a good stir and leave to cool for an hour or so. Put the pan in the fridge for 1-2 hours until the cream just begins to thicken, stirring it every now and then to evenly distribute the vanilla seeds. Pour the cream into a 1-litre serving dish, cover and refrigerate for at least 5 hours (overnight is ideal) until completely set. The cream will sit in the fridge for up to two days.
- To serve, halve, stone and thinly slice the nectarines, then toss with the lemon juice and peach vodka if using. Scatter the nectarine slices over the surface of the set cream. Serve immediately, decorated with lemon balm or mint leaves.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 517 calories, Fat 46 grams fat, SaturatedFat 29 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 20 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 9 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 6 grams protein, Sodium 0.18 milligram of sodium
19TH HOLE NECTARINES WITH LEMON CREAM
Provided by Robert Irvine : Food Network
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Pour brandy over nectarines and soak for about 30 minutes.
- For the lemon cream: Pour the milk and heavy cream into a heavy bottomed saucepot and add vanilla and lemon liqueur. Add half the sugar to the pot and bring to a simmer (just below a boil). In a small bowl whisk together the egg yolks and the rest of the sugar and temper it by adding a small amount of the heated milk mixture to the bowl while whisking constantly (known as a liaison). Now pour the liaison (egg mixture) into the milk pot, stirring constantly. You are only heating it. Do not boil. Do not cook. The idea of a liaison is to incorporate the eggs and avoid making them into scrambled eggs! You want the mixture to begin to thicken so it will coat the back of a spoon. Remove from heat and whisk in lemon zest, and allow to cool, then remove vanilla pod and discard, and refrigerate until chilled.
- Place nectarines cut side up in a pan and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar. Spoon brandy around nectarines, cover and heat nectarines and brandy briefly. Then remove cover and spoon warmed brandy over nectarines. * Remove from the heat and ignite with a long match to flambe. Alternatively, you can grill the brandy soaked nectarines until they begin to caramelize. Allow nectarines to cool to room temperature.
- Place 2 nectarines on each serving dish, and top with lemon cream and blackberries.
This is a fast easy recipe that tastes great. It is great for entertaining. Dice it, put it on toothpicks, and put the yogurt in a bowl for dipping.
Provided by Gabriel
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Cut nectarine all the way around and twist open. Remove pit. Sprinkle sugar on the cut side of each nectarine half.
- Place nectarine, cut-side down, onto a griddle or in a skillet over medium heat; cook for 1 1/2 minutes. Transfer nectarines to a plate, cut-side up, and top each with plain yogurt.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 88 calories, Carbohydrate 20.8 g, Cholesterol 0.9 mg, Fat 0.5 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 1.5 g, SaturatedFat 0.2 g, Sodium 10.8 mg, Sugar 18.9 g
Provided by Susan Herrmann Loomis
Categories Fruit Dessert Nectarine Summer Vegetarian Pescatarian Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free Kosher
Yield Makes 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 4
- 1. Set a strainer over a bowl and cut the nectarines into the strainer, so their juice collects in the bowl.
- 2. Heat the butter in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. When it is hot but not smoking, add the nectarines and sauté them until they sizzle and their juices reduce and begin to thicken, 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle the sugar over them and sauté until the juices further thicken and the sugar caramelizes slightly, about 1 minute. You may want to increase the heat under the pan to medium-high. Add the lemon juice and sauté until the juices thicken, then add any nectarine juice that collected in the bowl, and shake the pan so that all is well blended. Let the nectarines cook, shaking the pan occasionally, until the juices are very thick, which will take a minute or so. The total cooking time will be about 6 minutes.
- 3. Transfer the nectarines to 4 warmed dessert plates, or to a warmed serving dish, let sit for about 4 minutes so they are not blistering hot when served.
NECTARINES WITH RICOTTA-VANILLA CREAM AND PINE-NUT BRITTLE
Provided by Kay Chun
Yield Makes 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Toss nectarines with 1 teaspoon sugar and lime juice in a bowl and let macerate, stirring occasionally, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Purée ricotta, milk, vanilla, and 3 teaspoon sugar in a blender until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and chill in freezer, stirring halfway through, until slightly thickened, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Line a 4-sided sheet pan with foil. Bring water and remaining 1/2 cup sugar to a boil in a small heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring until sugar has dissolved, then wash down any sugar crystals from side of pan with a pastry brush dipped in cold water. Boil, without stirring, swirling pan occasionally so caramel colors evenly, until medium amber, 10 to 12 minutes. Stir in pine nuts, then immediately pour out onto foil, quickly spreading with a spatula as thinly as possible. Cool 5 minutes. Peel brittle from foil and break into pieces.
- Stir mint into nectarines and serve fruit with ricotta cream and pieces of brittle.
NECTARINES AND BERRIES WITH FLAVORED WHIPPED CREAM
Macerated desserts are simply fruit steeped in a flavored sugar syrup, wine, liquor, vinegar or citrus juice, usually for a couple of hours or overnight. During the process, the fruit becomes slightly softer, its flavor infused with spices, juices or wine. Fruit can be nicely complemented not only by a simple sugar syrup, but also by orange or lemon juice, wine, liqueurs and vinegar. Any soft fruit, like bananas, mangoes or papayas, should be added at the end. Basil or mint leaves, orange or lemon zest and star anise will also add some zing.
Provided by Karen Baar
Categories easy, quick, dessert
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large nonreactive bowl, mix the fruit, vinegar, sugar and pinches of salt and pepper. Let sit uncovered in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Combine cream, sugar, lavender, orange zest and another pinch of salt, and whip until soft peaks form.
- Put fruit into serving bowls, and spoon a bit of whipped cream on top. Garnish with mint.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 654, UnsaturatedFat 16 grams, Carbohydrate 57 grams, Fat 48 grams, Fiber 12 grams, Protein 7 grams, SaturatedFat 29 grams, Sodium 127 milligrams, Sugar 43 grams
WARM NECTARINES WITH ALMONDS AND VANILLA ICE CREAM - SWEDEN
From Swedish chef Tina Nordstrom.: "Nectarines are wonderfully meaty and sweet. To combine them with roasted almonds and served with ice cream is a dessert worthy of a queen."
Provided by Mme M
Categories Frozen Desserts
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Cut the nectarines into wedges.
- Melt the butter and sugar in a saucepan. Mix in the nectarines and pour in the lemon juice. Bring it to a boil, then lower the heat to medium. You want to completely dissolve the sugar and cook the nectarines until they soften, about two minutes. Mix in the almonds.
- Serve warm with the ice cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 234.5, Fat 12.2, SaturatedFat 4.1, Cholesterol 15.3, Sodium 41.1, Carbohydrate 31.1, Fiber 4.9, Sugar 23.2, Protein 4.7
More about "nectarines with velvety vanilla cream recipes"
FRESH NECTARINES AND CREAM - GREEDY GOURMET
GRILLED NECTARINES WITH VANILLA ICE CREAM RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
19TH HOLE NECTARINES WITH LEMON CREAM RECIPE | KITCHEN INFINITY …
APRICOT NECTARINE SHORTCAKE WITH VANILLA WHIPPED CREAM RECIPE
GRILLED NECTARINES WITH HONEY CREAM | BLUE FLAME KITCHEN
20 BEST NECTARINE DESSERT RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
BAKED NECTARINES WITH CREAM RECIPE | MYRECIPES
NECTARINES BAKED IN CREAM | THE ENGLISH KITCHEN
VANILLA NECTARINES RECIPE | EATINGWELL
NECTARINES WITH VELVETY VANILLA CREAM | RECIPES MABBULU
HEALTHY FOODS RECIPES: NECTARINES WITH VELVETY VANILLA CREAM
BBC GOOD FOOD NECTARINES WITH VELVETY VANILLA CREAM RECIPE
VANILLA NECTARINE CAKE | RECIPE
FRIED NECTARINES RECIPE WITH VANILLA MASCARPONE
15 NECTARINE DESSERT RECIPES THAT SCREAM SUMMER
GRILLED NECTARINES WITH CREAMY VANILLA SAUCE RECIPE | EAT SMARTER …
NECTARINE WITH VANILLA CREAM - MOEY'S KITCHEN FOODBLOG
BROILED WHITE NECTARINES WITH VANILLA WHIPPED CREAM | RECIPE
NECTARINE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
FRIED NECTARINES RECIPE WITH VANILLA MASCARPONE
VELVETY VANILLA PASTRY CREAM - SIMPLY SO GOOD
ROASTED NECTARINES WITH CINNAMON AND PECAN GLAZE | VEGETARIAN, …
15 NECTARINE RECIPES TO BRING SWEETNESS TO YOUR SUMMER
10 BEST WHITE NECTARINE RECIPES | YUMMLY
BROILED WHITE NECTARINES WITH VANILLA WHIPPED CREAM
BROILED WHITE NECTARINES WITH VANILLA WHIPPED CREAM | RECIPE IN …
HEALTHY NECTARINE RECIPES | EATINGWELL
STEWED NECTARINES WITH VANILLA ICE CREAM - SALT & CHILI
NECTARINE CRISP WITH HOMEMADE OLD FASHIONED VANILLA ICE CREAM
NECTARINES AND CREAM - A GIRL WORTH SAVING
VANILLA HONEY BAKED NECTARINES - THE DAILY BLOOM
GRILLED NECTARINES WITH VANILLA-HONEY SAUCE AND ICE CREAM
POACHED NECTARINES IN EARL GREY VANILLA GLACé - FIFTEEN SPATULAS
BROILED WHITE NECTARINES WITH VANILLA WHIPPED CREAM STORY
ROASTED VANILLA CARDAMOM NECTARINES - SIMPLY SCRATCH
GRILLED NECTARINES & VANILLA-HONEY SAUCE & ICE CREAM RECIPE
NECTARINES WITH VELVETY VANILLA CREAM - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love