BROWN BUTTER CRISPIES
- Cream the Brown Butter with both sugars in a stand mixer until well combined.
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl. Add the vanilla and stir to combine. Add to the butter/sugar mixture and mix well.
- Combine the flour, salt and baking soda in a separate bowl. Mix carefully into the egg/butter mixture until well combined. Add the quick-cooking oats and mix well again. Add the finely chopped pecans and mix well to combine.
- Divide the dough in half and place each half of the dough on a sheet of waxed paper. Roll the dough into a log and wrap it tightly in the waxed paper. Now you can either chill or freeze the dough until later, or you can go ahead and slice and bake the dough.
- When you are ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice the dough 3/4-inch-thick, then place on a cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake until they are golden brown, about 10 minutes. Let cool on the cookie sheets.
- Add the butter to a medium skillet over medium heat. Allow it to melt and bubble up, swirling the pan to keep the butter moving around, for 3 to 4 minutes. When the butter is a medium golden brown, remove the pan from the heat (it will continue browning in the pan over the next 30 seconds or so!). Pour the butter (and any solids in the bottom of the pan) into a heatproof bowl and allow it to cool completely, about 30 minutes.
PEANUT BUTTER CRISPIES II
- In a medium sauce pan, mix together sugar, peanut butter, and corn syrup. Be careful not to let it burn, or it will ruin the recipe. Stir mixture until well melted. Remove pan from heat.
- Combine warm peanut butter mixture with crisp rice cereal.
- Grease well a 9 x 13 inch pan with butter or margarine. Spread mixture in pan. Allow to cool. When mixture is no longer sticky to the touch, cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 323 calories, Carbohydrate 52.6 g, Cholesterol 2.5 mg, Fat 12 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 6.3 g, SaturatedFat 2.9 g, Sodium 212.8 mg, Sugar 19.7 g
MINI CHIP BUTTER CRISPS
If you like your cookies crispy, these are the ones, so buttery and good....delicious to dip in your coffee.
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Yield 50 cookies (approx)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in sugar and vanilla.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls.
- Place 12 at a time, on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Flatten out to circles about 2 inches in diameter with the bottom of a glass dipped in flour.
- Bake 10 minutes, or until desired crispness.
- Remove from baking sheets, let cool on wire racks.
SWEDISH BUTTER CRISPS
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Beat the butter and white sugar with an electric mixer in a bowl until smooth. Add the egg yolk and vanilla extract, then mix in the flour until just incorporated. Press the dough into the prepared cookie sheet, and spread with the beaten egg white. Sprinkle with brown sugar and pecans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden and set, about 30 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into squares.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 149.9 calories, Carbohydrate 16.7 g, Cholesterol 28.9 mg, Fat 8.8 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 1.5 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, Sodium 58 mg, Sugar 8.6 g
BUTTER PECAN CRISPS
- HEAT oven to 375 degrees F. Spray cookie sheets with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE cake mix and shortening in a medium bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until coarse meal forms. Add water, egg and 2/3 cup pecans, mixing on low until dough comes together.
- SHAPE dough into forty-two 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets. Spray bottom of a cup with no-stick cooking spray. Flatten dough to 2-inches in diameter, spraying cup as needed.
- COMBINE sugar and finely chopped nuts in a small bowl. Brush unbaked cookies with egg white. Sprinkle with sugar-pecan mixture.
- BAKE 6 to 8 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute. Remove to cooling rack.
CRISP BUTTER COOKIES
You'll be out of the kitchen quick when you bake these cookies. The would be great to take to a holiday party.-Tammy Mackie, Seward, Nebraska
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2-1/2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks and vanilla. In a small bowl, combine flour and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture, mixing well (dough will be very stiff)., On a well-floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. With a sharp knife or pastry wheel, cut dough into 2-1/2-in. squares, rectangles or diamonds. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugar., Bake at 375° until lightly browned, 7-8 minutes. (Watch carefully as cookies will brown quickly.) Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in airtight containers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 77 calories, Fat 3g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 36mg cholesterol, Sodium 27mg sodium, Carbohydrate 11g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 1g protein.
ALMOND BUTTER CRISPS
- Halve 1 cup almonds and reserve.
- In a food processor grind almonds with sugar and salt until fine. In bowl of a standing electric mixer beat almond mixture and almond extract into basic dough until just combined well. Pat dough into a rectangle. Chill dough, wrapped in wax paper, at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Working with one third of dough at a time, roll out each piece of dough between two sheet of wax paper into a 12- by 9-inch rectangle, slightly more than 1/8-inch thick. Cut dough into 1 1/2- to 2-inch almond shapes (or any other shape preferred), arranging cookies about 1/2 inch apart of baking sheets. If dough becomes too soft to work with, freeze or chill uncut dough on baking sheet until firm.
- Brush cookies lightly with egg whites and gently press a reserved almond half in center of each cookie.
- Bake cookies in batches in middle of oven until pale golden, about 10 minutes, and cool on racks. Cookies may be stored between layers of wax paper in airtight containers up to 6 weeks frozen.
BROWNED-BUTTER RHUBARB CRISP
Making a crisp is one of the best and easiest ways to highlight seasonal fruit. Crisps come together quickly with no special equipment, and they are a great way to use the odds and ends of fruit in your refrigerator. This recipe highlights one of spring's finest flavors: rhubarb. It is often paired with berries, but here, rhubarb shines on its own, with tart, puckery flavor and gorgeous color. Browned butter and almonds add toasty, nutty notes to the topping, making this an almost-effortless, high-impact dessert. You may notice that 2 tablespoons of the butter aren't browned; they are added to the hot browned butter to cool it down a bit so that you can use it immediately. Feel free to swap an equal amount of rolled old-fashioned oats for the almonds in the topping. Serve this cozy dessert with whipped cream or ice cream, if you like.
Provided by Yossy Arefi
Categories pies and tarts, dessert
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Meanwhile, brown the butter: Melt 1/2 cup/113 grams of the butter in a small skillet set over medium heat. (Use a skillet with a light interior so you can easily see the milk solids change color.) Cook the butter, stirring occasionally and scraping the milk solids off the bottom and sides of the pan as needed, until the milk solids turn golden brown and smell toasty, a few minutes. Transfer the butter to a medium heatproof bowl. Cut the remaining butter into 2 pieces and add it to the bowl with the hot butter. Stir occasionally until all the butter melts.
- Add the flour, brown sugar, almonds and salt to the butter, and stir together until evenly combined and clumps form. You may need to use your fingers to do the last bit of mixing.
- Prepare the rhubarb: In a 9-by-9-inch (or 9-inch round) baking dish, combine the rhubarb, granulated sugar, flour, vanilla paste, orange zest and a pinch of salt. Stir until combined and evenly mixed. Press the rhubarb gently into the pan, then scatter the crumble evenly over the top.
- Bake until the topping is deep golden brown and the rhubarb juices are bubbling, 55 to 65 minutes. Cool slightly, then serve warm with ice cream or lightly sweetened whipped cream. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. The topping will soften as it sits.
BUTTER PECAN CRISPS
- beat brown sugar and butter in large bowl till blended.
- stir in vanilla and eggs -- add flour, baking soda and pecans. mix well.
- shape into 1" balls.
- place on ungreased cookie sheet 2" apart.
- flatten with bottom of glass dipped in sugar.
- bake at 375* for 8-10 minutes or till edges are golden brown.
- cool on cookie sheet 1 minute, then remove to wire racks to cool completely -- .
Nutrition Facts : Calories 85.1, Fat 3.8, SaturatedFat 1.8, Cholesterol 12.7, Sodium 31.9, Carbohydrate 12.2, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 8, Protein 0.9
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- With an electric mixer, beat the butter until creamy. Add the brown sugar and beat until well combined and fluffy.
- Add the egg whites and salt and beat just until slightly blended. Add the flour and blend on low speed until smooth. Stir in the vanilla.
- Drop by the teaspoonful on an ungreased cookie sheet, leaving two inches between cookies. (Alternatively, squeeze onto cookie sheets with a pastry bag fitted with a large, plain tip - the easiest, quickest way.) Bake, one sheet at a time, for five to seven minutes, until the edges are golden brown. Bake in about five batches of 10 cookies each.
- With a spatula, remove the cookies to a wire rack to cool.
- If desired, make a caramel by slowly cooking the sugar - covered until dissolved - to a golden brown. Remove the pan from heat and dip the outside of the pan in cold water to stop cooking. Dip half of each cookie into the syrup.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 43, UnsaturatedFat 1 gram, Carbohydrate 4 grams, Fat 3 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 0 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Sodium 6 milligrams, Sugar 1 gram, TransFat 0 grams
More about "butter crisps recipes"
BUTTER PECAN CRISPS (COOKIES) / THE GRATEFUL GIRL COOKS!
PEANUT BUTTER COCONUT CRISPS RECIPE BY DON
HOW TO MAKE ANY FRUIT CRISP IN 4 EASY STEPS - KITCHN
10 BEST BUTTER FLAVORED CRISCO RECIPES | YUMMLY
MINI CHIP BUTTER CRISPS | CANADIAN GOODNESS
BUTTERY OATMEAL CRISPS - BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
HONEY BUTTER CHIPS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
HOW TO MAKE CHEESE CRISPS | TASTE OF HOME
10 BEST REESE PEANUT BUTTER CHIPS RECIPES | YUMMLY
BUTTER CRISPS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
- Cream butter and margarine in a large mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add egg yolk; beat well. Stir in vanilla. Add flour and salt to creamed mixture; stir well.
- Press dough into a greased 15- x 10- x 1-inch jellyroll pan; brush with egg white. Sprinkle pecans on top. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut into 2- x 1-inch bars while warm.
PEANUT BUTTER CRISPS - COOKEATSHARE
EASY PEACH CRISP RECIPE WITH OATMEAL - BAKING WITH BUTTER
BUTTER CRISPS - 1986 WINNER RECIPE
BUTTER CRISPS - BIGOVEN.COM
PB CRISPS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD - STEVEHACKS
CRISP BUTTER RECIPES | RECIPEBRIDGE RECIPE SEARCH
MINT CHOCOLATE BUTTER CRISPS - HAPPY HOLIDAYS! | CHEF HEIDI FINK
BUTTERY APPLE CRISP RECIPE - LAUREN'S LATEST
RECIPE DETAIL PAGE | LCBO
BUTTER CRISPS RECIPE - DELICIEUSERECIPES.COM
DODGIE'S HOLIDAY BUTTER CRISPS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BUTTER CRISPS | THE COOKIE SCHOOL
BROWNED BUTTER AND OATMEAL CRISPS | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
BUTTER CRISPS WITH BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND FURIKAKE - JULES DESTROOPER
SUNFLOWER BUTTER CRISPY TREATS RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
PEANUT BUTTER CRISPS | RECIPES - HERSHEYLAND
BUTTER CRISPS - YUM TASTE
TOP 46 CRISPY BUTTER PECAN COOKIE RECIPE RECIPES
BUTTERY GARLIC BREAD CHIPS - GRUMPY'S HONEYBUNCH
PEANUT BUTTER CRISPS - THE DELICIOUS SPOON
JULES DESTROOPER | BUTTER CRISPS DIPPED IN EASTER CHOCOLATE
CRISPY BUTTER CHICKEN - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
BROWN BUTTER BLUEBERRY PEACH CRISP - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
BUTTER CRISPS TASTY RECIPES - RECIPES FOR DINNER
RECIPE: BUTTER CRISPS (1986 COOKIE CONTEST WINNER) - RECIPELINK.COM
You'll also love