BUTTERCUP SQUASH SOUP
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Place squash cut-side down in a baking dish; fill with 1/4 inch of water.
- Bake squash in the preheated oven until tender, about 45 minutes.
- Heat butter in a saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir onion until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Heat chicken broth, basil, marjoram, black pepper, and cayenne in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Scoop flesh from squash into a blender or food processor; add onion and cream cheese. Blend mixture until smooth, working in batches if needed. Mix squash mixture into broth mixture; cook, stirring frequently, until soup is heated through but not boiling, about 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 186.2 calories, Carbohydrate 18.8 g, Cholesterol 35.8 mg, Fat 11.7 g, Fiber 3.2 g, Protein 4.1 g, SaturatedFat 7.2 g, Sodium 483.1 mg, Sugar 5.4 g
BUTTERCUP SQUASH SOUP
- In a large pot, melt the butter and cook the onions until tender. Stir in the carrots and jalapeno and toss to coat. Stir in the squash and potato. Pour in the chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes. Puree the soup in a blender in batches. Return to the pot and stir in the cream. Season to taste and garnish with the sliced scallion and bell pepper.
BUTTERCUP SQUASH SOUP WITH GINGER
A deliciously sweet buttercup squash soup that's vegetarian, gluten free, dairy free, and low calorie. I like to serve it with Parmesan crisps, crusty bread, or cornbread.
Provided by Marcia
Categories Squash Soup
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion, salt, and pepper to the hot oil and cook until onions are soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add squash, garlic, sage, rosemary, ginger, and sugar; mix to combine. Dissolve bouillon in hot water and pour into the pot. Stir to combine.
- Bring soup to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer until squash is soft, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat and puree using an immersion blender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 154.1 calories, Carbohydrate 22.9 g, Fat 7.1 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 3.4 g, SaturatedFat 1.1 g, Sodium 237.4 mg, Sugar 6.1 g
EASY BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
When the weather turns cold, get cozy with a bowl of this butternut squash soup. This recipe is super easy. The cream adds richness, but if you're looking to cut calories, it can be omitted. -Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 9 servings (2 1/4 qt.)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer., Stir in squash, broth, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10-15 minutes or until squash is tender. Puree soup using an immersion blender. Or cool slightly and puree soup in batches in a blender; return to pan. Add cream; cook and stir until heated through. If desired, garnish with additional heavy whipping cream and crispy sage.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 157 calories, Fat 7g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 17mg cholesterol, Sodium 483mg sodium, Carbohydrate 23g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 6g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP RECIPE BY TASTY
If there's one thing you should be eating more of this fall, it's butternut squash soup (the homemade kind, of course). This seasonal recipe is easy to whip together in no time, and you can make a big batch at once to freeze for lazy nights or on-the-go work lunches.
Provided by Merle O'Neal
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat, then add the garlic and onion and sauté for 1-2 minutes, until the onion is translucent.
- Add the potato, celery, carrot, salt, and pepper. Sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the butternut squash, broth, water, bay leaf, and thyme and stir. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove the thyme stems and bay leaf.
- Use an immersion or countertop blender to blend the soup until smooth.
- Let cool for 2 minutes, then serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 680 calories, Carbohydrate 56 grams, Fat 47 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 1 gram, Sugar 14 grams
CURRIED BUTTERCUP SQUASH AND APPLE SOUP
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, whisk together sour cream, maple syrup, 2 tablespoons water, and a pinch of salt. Cover; refrigerate.
- In another bowl, toss pumpkin seeds with 2 teaspoons salt. Spread evenly over baking pan. Toast in oven until seeds are golden and begin to pop, 7 to 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Butter a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking dish. Place squash, cut side down, and 1/2 cup water in dish. Bake until tender, about 1 hour. Let cool 45 minutes. Remove seeds, peel, and set aside.
- In a large stockpot over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add onions, celery, and carrots; cook, stirring, until onions are translucent, about 10 minutes. Add brown sugar and spices; cook, stirring, 5 minutes. Add apples and brandy; cook 10 minutes. Add squash and 12 cups water; simmer 1 hour. Let cool 30 minutes. Puree in food processor until smooth. Add honey, salt, and pepper to taste; pulse to combine.
- To serve, garnish with a dollop of maple cream, and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds.
BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
This simple, creamy (but not cream-laden) butternut squash soup gets greater depth of flavor from sherry that is stirred in with the stock. If you'd rather not use sherry or don't have it on hand, omit it and use an additional 1/2 cup of stock; your soup will be less complex, but it will still have that rich, sweet squash flavor.
Provided by Florence Fabricant
Categories dinner, soups and stews, appetizer
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat the oil in a heavy four-quart saucepan. Add the onions, reduce heat to low, and saute slowly until they are tender but not brown. Stir in the garlic.
- Add the squash and water, cover and simmer until the squash is tender, about 40 minutes. Allow the mixture to cool for about 15 minutes, then puree in two batches in a food processor. Up to this point the soup can be prepared in advance, even refrigerated or frozen.
- Return the puree to the saucepan and add the stock and the sherry. Reheat and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese on each portion.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 114, UnsaturatedFat 2 grams, Carbohydrate 15 grams, Fat 4 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 5 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Sodium 672 milligrams, Sugar 4 grams
BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
- Cook bacon in a large pot over medium heat, flipping once, until brown and crisp, about 15 minutes. Drain on paper towels; discard fat from pot but do not wipe clean.
- Melt butter in pot over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring occasionally, until softened and golden, about 15 minutes. Add squash, thyme, 1 tablespoon salt, broth, and water; increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until squash is tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Discard thyme.
- Working in batches, puree soup in a blender until very smooth. Return soup to pot and season with salt and pepper; cover to keep warm or reheat if necessary. Divide among heatproof glasses and garnish each glass with bacon. Bacon and soup can be made up to 3 days ahead, cooled completely, and stored in refrigerator in separate containers. Recrisp bacon on a baking sheet in a preheated 300 degrees oven, about 10 minutes, while reheating soup over low heat.
More about "buttercup squash soup recipes"
RICHY & CREAMY BUTTERCUP SQUASH SOUP RECIPE - THE …
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 20 minsCategory DINNERCalories 163 per serving
- While your oven is preheating, you are going to want to cut up your squash. We found that cutting it into quarters was the best route and then removing the seeds (save them though so you can roast them later!), and then cutting the squash flesh away from the outer skin.
- Once your squash is separated from the skin, cut it into cubes. We ended up using about half of the entire squash which was about 5-6 cups.
SAVORY BUTTERCUP SQUASH SOUP WITH SAGE RECIPE
3.9/5 (10)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory Dinner, Lunch, SoupCalories 646 per serving
SAVORY BUTTERCUP SQUASH SOUP WITH SAGE - MOMMY MOMENT
ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP - EASY VEGAN RECIPE!
20 EASY BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP RECIPES - DELISH
BUTTERCUP SQUASH SOUP RECIPE - PINTEREST
MARY BERRY'S BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP RECIPE - BBC FOOD
EASY ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP - INSPIRED TASTE
19 BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
ROASTED BUTTERCUP SQUASH SOUP — EASY, VEGAN
THAI BUTTERCUP SQUASH SOUP - RUNNING TO THE KITCHEN®
6 EASY TO FIND BUTTERNUT SQUASH SUBSTITUTES YOU’LL LOVE
14 BEST BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
QUICK AND EASY STOVETOP BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP RECIPE
HEALTHY BUTTERCUP SQUASH SOUP RECIPE WITH CARROTS
BEST BUTTERCUP SQUASH RECIPES - THE DAILY MEAL
EASY BUTTERCUP SQUASH SOUP TO WARM THE BELLY & THE SOUL
BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER SOUP RECIPES
10 BEST BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
VEGAN BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP - LOVING IT VEGAN
BUTTERCUP SQUASH SOUP - DIABETIC FOODIE
BUTTERCUP SQUASH SOUP - FORK MY LIFE
BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
CURRY BUTTERCUP SQUASH SOUP - THE SWEET POTATO
SIMPLY PERFECT ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
10 BEST BUTTERCUP SQUASH RECIPES | YUMMLY
QUICK + EASY BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP RECIPES - PILLSBURY.COM
BUTTERCUP SQUASH SOUP - SOUTHERN GRACE KITCHEN
ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP - COOKIE AND KATE
COOKING WITH BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP - RECIPE IDEAS FOR BOXED …
BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
BUTTERCUP SQUASH & LEEK SOUP WITH HERB BUTTER - RECIPE
RICHY & CREAMY BUTTERCUP SQUASH SOUP RECIPE | THE URBAN …
HOW TO MAKE BUTTERCUP SQUASH SOUP - DR. BEN KIM
DREAMY ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP - INSPIRED TASTE
CURRIED SQUASH SOUP | RICARDO
SLOW COOKER BLISSFUL BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP - SKINNYTASTE
SIMPLE ROASTED BUTTERCUP SQUASH - HOW TO COOK BUTTERCUP SQUASH
BUTTERCUP SQUASH SOUP RECIPE | RECIPE | BUTTERCUP SQUASH SOUP …
45 BEST BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP RECIPES - HOW TO MAKE BUTTERNUT …
You'll also love