Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Melt the butter in a large (10 to 12-inch) saute pan. Add the potatoes, onions, salt, and pepper and cook over medium-low heat for 15 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally with a flat spatula, until the potatoes are evenly browned and cooked through. (Allow the potatoes to cook for 5 minutes before turning.) Turn off the heat and add the parsley and scallions. Serve hot.
BUTTERNUT HASH BROWNS
From Hungry Girl. I love her healthy twists on some of my naughty favorite foods! I haven't tried this one yet, but it sounds fabulous! UPDATE! We had these for dinner last night and they were AMAZING! It really is important to get the squash as dry as possible - otherwise you'll get mushy hashbrowns! :) Also, the squash cooks down quite a bit, so next time I'll double the recipe since we know we like it now! UPDATE #2: Here's how I prepared the shredded squash. If anyone has a better method, let me know! (This wasn't part of the original recipe from Hungry Girl.) I cut the uncooked squash into 4 large "chunks", and then removed the seeds and shell. I shredded the squash using the "big" side of a box grater. If the "chunks" were too large to manage, I cut them into smaller pieces. (Hope that helps!)
Provided by AnnieLynne
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Spread the shredded squash out between 2 layers of paper towels. Press down to absorb as much of the moisture from the squash as possible. Repeat if necessary, until no more water can be removed.
- Toss squash shreds with onion, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Bring a small to medium pan sprayed generously with nonstick spray (a 1 to 2 second spray) to high heat.
- Add mixture to the pan and cook for 3 minutes.
- Flip shreds with a spatula and cook for another 3 minutes or so (until cooked and browned).
- Season to taste with more salt and pepper.
- Optional toppings: Ketchup, salsa, etc.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 76.2, Fat 0.2, Sodium 84.3, Carbohydrate 19.4, Fiber 3.2, Sugar 4.3, Protein 1.8
BAKED HASH BROWNS
Mother always served these creamy, satisfying baked hash browns to company, and now I do, too. They taste especially good with steak or roast beef. -Julie Driskel, Magnolia, Arkansas
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Place patties in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and garlic powder. Pour cream over patties. , Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 213 calories, Fat 15g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 56mg cholesterol, Sodium 416mg sodium, Carbohydrate 15g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
EMILY'S FAMOUS HASH BROWNS
- Rinse shredded potatoes until water is clear, then drain and squeeze dry. Place shreds in a bowl, and mix in the onion, flour and egg until evenly distributed.
- Heat about 1/4 inch of oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. When oil is sizzling hot, place potatoes into the pan in a 1/2 inch thick layer. Cover the whole bottom of the pan, or make separate piles like pancakes. Cook until nicely browned on the bottom, then flip over and brown on the other side. It should take at least 5 minutes per side. If you are cooking them in one big piece, it can be cut into quarters for easier flipping.
- Remove from pan, and drain on paper towels. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 183 calories, Carbohydrate 26.1 g, Cholesterol 46.5 mg, Fat 6.9 g, Fiber 2.7 g, Protein 4.7 g, SaturatedFat 1.1 g, Sodium 24.5 mg, Sugar 1.6 g
BOURBON-BUTTERNUT BREAKFAST HASH
Wake up those taste buds with a sweet and savory breakfast hash. Brown sugar bourbon is the secret ingredient to this simple roasted hash served with a fried egg on top.
Provided by Chef Mo
Categories Breakfast and Brunch
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Combine butternut squash, green pepper, onion, bourbon, olive oil, garlic, paprika, onion powder, and salt in a large bowl. Toss until well combined and arrange on a baking sheet.
- Roast in the preheated oven until squash is tender and lightly browned, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, break 6 eggs into a large nonstick skillet and cook over medium heat until the whites have set, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve up hash with a fried egg on top of each portion.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 288.5 calories, Carbohydrate 31.6 g, Cholesterol 186 mg, Fat 12.1 g, Fiber 5.7 g, Protein 9.3 g, SaturatedFat 2.6 g, Sodium 275.7 mg, Sugar 7.2 g
More about "butternut hash browns recipes"
BUTTERNUT SQUASH HASH BROWNS - FREE COCONUT RECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 40 secs
BUTTERNUT SQUASH HASH BROWNS | TASTY KITCHEN: A …
BUTTERNUT SQUASH HASH - THE FOODIE DIETITIAN | KARA LYDON
5/5 (2)Category BreakfastCuisine BrunchTotal Time 25 mins
- Add onion and mushrooms and sauté until mushrooms are browned and onions translucent, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
ALKALINE ELECTRIC BUTTERNUT SQUASH HASH BROWNS HOMEFRIES
BUTTERNUT HASH BROWNS! — MYFITNESSPAL.COM
SEASONAL BUTTERNUT SQUASH HASH BROWNS - JACKIE NEWGENT
RECIPETHING - BUTTERNUT HASHBROWNS
BUTTERNUT SQUASH SKILLET HASHBROWNS WITH FRIED EGGS
HASH BROWNS RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
BUTTERNUT SQUASH HASH BROWNS [VEGAN, GRAIN-FREE] - ONE …
BUTTERNUT HASH BROWNS | SWEET CORN CAKES, RECIPES, HASHBROWN …
BUTTERNUT HASH BROWNS RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND POTATO HASH BROWNS | VITAMIX
MAPLE HASH BROWNS | BUTTERNUT MOUNTAIN FARM
BUTTERNUT SQUASH HASH BREAKFAST SKILLET - FEARLESS DINING
HG BUTTERNUT HASH BROWNS RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
BUTTERNUT BACON BROWNS (AIP/PALEO) - WENDI'S AIP KITCHEN
BUTTERNUT SQUASH HASHBROWNS - KULA MAMA
THE BEST CRISPY HASH BROWNS - JUST A TASTE
RECIPETHING - BUTTERNUT HASH BROWNS
BUTTERNUT SQUASH FRITTERS - DAMN DELICIOUS
BUTTERNUT HASH BROWNS RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
BUTTERNUT SQUASH HASH - BC EGG
THE BEST CRISPY HASH BROWNS (RESTAURANT-STYLE!) - MINIMALIST BAKER
RECIPES: *** BUTTERNUT SQUASH HASH BROWNS
BUTTERNUT SQUASH HASH BROWN RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
HASH BROWNS - FREECOCONUTRECIPES.COM
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND POTATO HASHBROWNS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BUTTERNUT SQUASH HASH BROWNS | RECIPE | TASTY KITCHEN, BUTTERNUT …
ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH HASH BOWL - A MEAL IN MIND
BUTTERNUT HASH BROWNS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND POTATO HASHBROWNS RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
BUTTERNUT HASH BROWNS — MYFITNESSPAL.COM
CRISPY HASH BROWNS RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE HASH BROWNS
BUTTERY HOMEMADE HASH BROWNS RECIPE - TABLESPOON.COM
EGG BAKE WITH HASH BROWNS, BUTTERNUT SQUASH, AND CHEESE
BUTTERNUT SQUASH BREAKFAST HASH RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
BUTTERNUT SQUASH HOME FRIES - CONNOISSEURUS VEG
BUTTERNUT HASH BROWNS RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #for-1-or-2 #breakfast #side-dishes #vegetables #vegetarian #dietary #squash #number-of-servings
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What to serve with butternut squash hash?Put an egg on it, as the saying goes, to serve this butternut squash hash for breakfast. Or fold it into tortillas, topping with some sour cream and hot sauce, and dinner is served. This pretty salad combines nutty black and wild rice with roasted butternut squash and pomegranate and pumpkin seeds.
What is the best way to cook butternut squash?In a large bowl, combine butternut squash, flour, garlic, eggs, thyme, sage and nutmeg; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
How to cook butternut squash in an Instant Pot?Just combine butternut squash cubes, salt, black pepper, and olive oil and set your Instant Pot to sauté on medium heat. Then, after five minutes, add in paprika, chili powder, rosemary, and garlic. Toss it all around, and then add in two cracked eggs for a final minute.
What makes butternut squash and acorn squash soup crispy?A mix of butternut and acorn squash makes this soup silky and flavorful. To make the crispy croutons, you'll butter small slices of thick bread and lay them out in a single layer on a baking sheet.