"This old-fashioned recipe has been in my family for years," writes Beverly Duncan of Big Prairie, Ohio. "It's also delicious with miniature chocolate chips or coconut in place of the toffee bits."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 1-1/2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large bowl, cream butter, shortening and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in toffee bits and pecans. Shape into a 10-in. roll; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm., Preheat oven to 375°. Unwrap dough and cut into 1/2-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 1-2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Freeze option: Place wrapped logs in resealable plastic freezer bag; freeze. To use, unwrap frozen logs and cut into slices. If necessary, let dough stand a few minutes at room temperature before cutting. Bake as directed.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 111 calories, Fat 4g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 14mg cholesterol, Sodium 96mg sodium, Carbohydrate 18g carbohydrate (11g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 1g protein.
OATMEAL SCOTCHIES COOKIES
Don't even think that you can eat only ONE! Boy, are these cookies fabulous! They are so moist and chewy. If you prefer a crisper cookie, just bake for a couple of minutes longer. These are great cookies to send overseas to our troops.
Provided by Chris Diaz
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter, brown sugar, white sugar, egg, and vanilla extract until well combined. Beat in flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and rolled oats until thoroughly mixed. Stir in the butterscotch chips and coconut. Drop the dough by tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto baking sheets.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven just until the bottoms are light brown, 7 to 8 minutes. If you prefer crunchier cookies, bake 9 to 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 118.1 calories, Carbohydrate 13.5 g, Cholesterol 16.6 mg, Fat 6.5 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 1.3 g, SaturatedFat 4.2 g, Sodium 83.8 mg, Sugar 6.9 g
BUTTERSCOTCH COCONUT SQUARES
My former boss used to prepare these sweet morsels for her staff at Christmas. When I got the recipe, I was thrilled to discover they're not hard to make.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Grease a 9-in. square pan with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter; set aside. In a microwave or heavy saucepan, melt the butterscotch chips, peanut butter and remaining butter until smooth. Cool for 20 minutes. Stir in marshmallows just until combined (do not melt marshmallows). Pour into prepared pan; sprinkle with coconut. Refrigerate, uncovered, for 2 hours or until firm. Cut into 1-1/2-in. pieces. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 123 calories, Fat 9g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 7mg cholesterol, Sodium 62mg sodium, Carbohydrate 9g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 2g protein.
BUTTERSCOTCH-COCONUT DROP COOKIES
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla. In a seperate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt---gradually beat into beaten mixture and combine well. Stir in coconut and butterscotch chips.
- Drp by tablespoonfuls on to ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 375 for 9-11 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together onto a sheet of parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on high speed, beat the butter until fluffy and pale yellow, about 2 minutes.
- Add the sugar and brown sugar and beat until well combined, about 2 minutes.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix on low speed just until blended.
- Add the coconut and butterscotch chips, mixing just to incorporate.
- With dampened hands, shape the dough into 1 inch balls and arrange on the prepared sheets, spacing the balls about 2 inches apart.
- Bake until the cookies are golden brown around the edges, about 15 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool briefly on the pans on wire racks, then transfer the cookies to the racks to cool completely.
NO-BAKE BUTTERSCOTCH-COCONUT COOKIES
Want cookies in a flash? These butterscotch "buttons" come together fast and don't require an oven, which means you can have a treat any time you want it.
Provided by Katherine Sacks
Yield Makes about 25 cookies
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat butterscotch chips and peanut butter in a medium heatproof bowl set over a medium pot of barely simmering water (bottom of bowl should not touch water), stirring occasionally, or in short bursts in the microwave, stirring in between bursts, until butterscotch is melted and smooth. Add oats, 1 cup coconut, and salt; stir gently to combine.
- Spoon mixture by the tablespoonful onto a parchment-lined sheet tray. Gently press balls in the center to flatten. Chill until set, about 10 minutes.
- Heat chocolate, if using, in a medium heatproof bowl set over a medium pot of barely simmering water (bottom of bowl should not touch water), stirring occasionally, or in short bursts in the microwave, stirring in between bursts, until chocolate is melted and smooth. Drizzle cooled cookies with chocolate, top with remaining 1/4 cup coconut, and chill until set, about 5 minutes, before serving.
- Do Ahead
- Cookies can be made 5 days ahead. Store in an airtight container and chill.
COCONUT BUTTERSCOTCH COOKIES
A delightful, buttery cookie! The sweet, rich flavors of the coconut and butterscotch are a surprising - and tasty - pairing.
Provided by Melynda Camp
Categories Other Snacks
Number Of Ingredients 11
- 1. Toast coconut (I use the toaster oven) until it is light golden brown
- 2. Preheat oven to 350. Spray 9x13 baking sheet with non-stick spray
- 3. Into a large mixing bowl, mix sugar, brown sugar, soda, salt and coconut cream pudding mix. Add eggs, one at a time, rum extract, and butter and beat until smooth. Beat in 5oz coconut. Gradually add flour until well blended. Mix in butterscotch chips.
- 4. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons onto cookie sheet
- 5. Slightly flatten top of each ball with the back of a teaspoon and drop a pinch of the remaining toasted coconut onto each cookie
- 6. Bake 12-14 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of cookie pulls out clean.
- 7. Place on a wire rack to cool. (Then snag one warm for yourself before everyone else gets to them, or there may be none left :) Enjoy!)
More about "butterscotch coconut cookies recipes"
COCONUT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES | FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
5/5 (5)Total Time 18 minsCategory DessertCalories 113 per serving
- Use a mixer to beat coconut oil and brown sugar. Add the eggs and beat until fluffy. Add vanilla extract.
- Mix the flour mixture into the coconut oil mixture a little bit at a time with a wooden spoon until flour is well mixed.
BUTTERSCOTCH COCONUT COOKIES - THE DARING GOURMET
4.7/5 (3)Estimated Reading Time 4 minsServings 36
GRANDMA'S OLD-FASHIONED BUTTERSCOTCH COOKIES - THE ...
Reviews 2Category CookiesCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 25 mins
- In the large bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until light and creamy, about 3-4 minutes.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the eggs, one at a time, mixing completely after each addition. Mix in the vanilla extract.
COCONUT PECAN BUTTERSCOTCH COOKIES- SOFT AND CHEWY!
Cuisine CookiesCategory DessertsServings 24Total Time 15 mins
- Using your mixer; mix together softened butter and both sugars till light and fluffy. ( A quick trick to get softened butter is to set in microwave for about 30 sec. on Defrost)
COCONUT BUTTERSCOTCH COOKIES | A TASTE OF MADNESS
5/5 (1)Total Time 20 minsEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
- In a separate bowl, combine the flours, salt and baking soda. Slowly pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mixing until fully incorporated.
SOFT AND CHEWY OATMEAL BUTTERSCOTCH COOKIES - BAREFEET IN ...
4.8/5 (14)Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, beat the butter until smooth and almost fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the sugars and continue beating until the mixture is light and fluffy, about 4-5 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth again.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients except the butterscotch chips. Gradually add this mixture to the wet ingredients, half at a time. Stir until fully combined. Add the butterscotch chips and stir well.
- I used a medium size cookie scoop (about a tablespoon in size) to drop the dough onto a large baking sheet lined with a silpat mat. Bake for 8-9 minutes. Remove from the oven before the cookies are browned and when they still look soft in the center. Let them cool on the same tray for 5-10 minutes; this will allow them to finish baking without overcooking.
- When the cookies are firm enough to handle, transfer them to a wire cooling rack and let cool completely. The finished cookies freeze well and the dough also freezes well. When I am baking the cookie dough straight from the freezer, I allow a few extra minutes for the baking.
BUTTERSCOTCH COOKIES CLASSIC RECIPE - URBAN BLISS LIFE
Ratings 8Category DessertCuisine AmericanEstimated Reading Time 8 mins
- Using a large stand mixer or a large bowl with hand mixer, cream the butter on its own for a minute. Add the granulated sugar and brown sugar and beat until combined. Add eggs and vanilla, beat for one minute.
COCONUT BUTTERSCOTCH BARS - PARSLEY AND ICING
Reviews 1Servings 12Cuisine AmericanCategory Dessert
- Add the eggs one at a time followed by the vanilla. Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Stir in the coconut.
COCONUT BUTTERSCOTCH CHOCOLATE CHIP GOOEY BARS - MOM ON ...
Reviews 7Estimated Reading Time 3 minsCategory DessertTotal Time 40 mins
- Combine flour, salt, oats, coconut, and brown sugar in a large bowl of electric mixer and mix at low speed.
- Add butter and continue mixing until a crumbly dough forms. Add egg and vanilla extract and continue mixing until combined. Stir in chocolate and butterscotch chips.
BUTTERSCOTCH-COCONUT-BOURBON COOKIES - BURRATA AND BUBBLES
Reviews 12Category DessertsCuisine AmericanTotal Time 34 mins
- Using a stand or hand mixer, cream together butter and sugars until fluffy. This should take about three to four minutes. If needed, periodically scrap the edge of the bowl.
- Again, scrap the edge of the bowl and add bourbon, vanilla and one egg. Beat until it’s well combined. Repeat with the second egg.
- Add a spoonful or two of the flour mixture and beat until it’s incorporated. Repeat until you mix in all of the flour. Stir in the butterscotch chips and coconut. Refrigerate dough for an hour.
TOASTED COCONUT BUTTERSCOTCH OATMEAL COOKIES - FLAVOR WALK
4.7/5 (3)Total Time 30 minsCategory Dessert, SnackCalories 126 per serving
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla extract in large mixing bowl until thoroughly combined.
CRAZY SOFT AND CHEWY BUTTERSCOTCH COCONUT BLONDIES
Reviews 16Category DessertCuisine AmericanEstimated Reading Time 8 mins
- Heat oven to 350F degrees. Add coconut to one half of a baking sheet and pecans to the other half. Bake for 5-7 minutes, or until coconut is golden, stirring occasionally.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick baking spray OR to easily remove blondies, line baking dish with overhanging parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Whisk sugar and melted butter in a separate medium bowl until combined. Mix in eggs and vanilla until well combined. Using a rubber spatula, fold flour mixture into egg mixture just until combined. Do not overmix. Fold in 3/4 cup pecans, 1/2 cup coconut and 3/4 cup butterscotch chips (increase butterscotch chips to 1 cup if not adding glaze).
COCONUT BUTTERSCOTCH COOKIES - SIMPLY STACIE
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 20 minsCategory DessertsCalories 113 per serving
CRINKLY BUTTERSCOTCH PECAN COOKIES - COOKIE MADNESS
Ratings 1Servings 28Cuisine AmericanCategory Dessert
BUTTERSCOTCH COCONUT COOKIES | RECIPE | BUTTERSCOTCH CHIP ...
4.7/5 (3)Estimated Reading Time 6 minsServings 36
BUTTERSCOTCH COOKIES RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
2.7/5 (6)Total Time 45 minsCategory Dessert, Cookies & CandyCalories 117 per serving
HAYSTACKS BUTTERSCOTCH CHIPS - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
BUTTERSCOTCH COCONUT COOKIE RECIPE - SHARE-RECIPES.NET
COCONUT BUTTERSCOTCH BARS - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
OUR 30 BEST BUTTERSCOTCH COOKIE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
NO BAKE BUTTERSCOTCH COCONUT COOKIES - NOBIGGIE
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #desserts #oven #cookies-and-brownies #equipment
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How long do you bake a butterscotch coconut cookie?Add the coconut and butterscotch chips, stirring just until blended. Prepare a baking sheet. Using a rounded tablespoon, drop the dough onto the baking sheet, spacing the cookies about 2 inches apart. Bake the cookies for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges.
How to make Coconut drop cookies with butterscotch chips?Preheat oven to 375. In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla. In a seperate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt---gradually beat into beaten mixture and combine well. Stir in coconut and butterscotch chips. Drp by tablespoonfuls on to ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 375 for 9-11 minutes.
What's the best way to make butterscotch cookies?In a large bowl, cream butter, shortening and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in toffee bits and pecans. Shape into a 10-in. roll; wrap in plastic.
How to make coconut squares with butterscotch chips?square pan with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter; set aside. In a microwave or heavy saucepan, melt the butterscotch chips, peanut butter and remaining butter until smooth. Cool for 20 minutes. Stir in marshmallows just until combined (do not melt marshmallows). Pour into prepared pan; sprinkle with coconut. Refrigerate, uncovered, for 2 hours or until firm.