NIF'S CAJUN MACARONI AND CHEESE
Yummy Mac and Cheese with a bit of a kick! A delicious and creamy side dish to compliment other spicy Cajun dishes. Enjoy!
Provided by Nif_H
Categories High In...
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Preheat oven to 375°F Spray or butter a 9 x 13" baking dish.
- To make macaroni: Add bouillon to large pot of water and bring to boil. Once water is boiling, add macaroni and cook until al dente (not quite fully cooked), usually about 4-5 minutes. Drain macaroni in colander.
- To make sauce: While the water is heating and pasta is cooking, melt butter In a large saucepan, over medium heat. Once melted, whisk in flour and cook for about 1 minute, until the flour starts to brown a bit. While whisking constantly, add milk and then cream in a steady stream. Allow the sauce to come to a simmer but keep whisking so it doesn't burn!
- Once the sauce comes to a simmer, stir in the 2 cups Jack cheese and 2 cups cheddar (don't use the cheese for the topping!), adding about a cup at a time. Stir constantly making sure each addition of cheese is melted before adding the next. Add 2 tsps Cajun seasoning, dried parsley, salt and pepper to taste and remove from heat.
- Add the cooked, drained pasta to cheese sauce. Stir until macaroni is fully coated. Pour the cheesy mixture into the prepared casserole dish.
- Prepare the Topping: In a small bowl, mix the melted butter with the Panko bread crumbs, 1/2 tsp Cajun seasoning and black pepper, mixing with a fork until bread crumbs are evenly coated.
- Sprinkle the macaroni and cheese with the remaining 2 cups shredded cheeses. Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture on top of the cheese.
- Bake until browned and bubbly, about 25 to 30 minutes. Allow to sit for a few minutes before serving. Hot stuff!
CAJUN MACARONI AND CHEESE
A co-worker made this today and it knocked me off my low carb diet. It has a certain zip to it not found in most macaroni and cheese recipes. Must be the Zatarain's. Anyway, I thought it was the best macaroni and cheese recipe I have ever had.
Provided by surus
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cook noodles according to pkg directions w/ a capful of oil.
- Drain and rinse noodles.
- Season noodles with Zatarains and pepper to taste.
- In bowl, mix eggs, milk, soup, melted butter, Zatarians and pepper.
- Add cheeses to noodles.
- Add egg mixture to noodles.
- Bake in a 9x13 pan for 45-60 min, until top is browned.
CAJUN MAC AND CHEESE
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, about 1 minute less than the label directs. Reserve 1 cup of the cooking water, then drain the pasta. Meanwhile, combine the olive oil and sausage in a large skillet over high heat and cook, stirring, until the sausage starts to brown, about 2 minutes. Stir in the scallions and bell pepper and cook until the vegetables are slightly soft, about 3 more minutes. Add the Cajun spice and flour and cook, stirring, 2 more minutes. Gradually whisk in the milk and continue whisking until the sauce is thick and smooth, about 5 more minutes. Add the pasta, cheese and reserved cooking water to the skillet. Reduce the heat to medium low and cook, tossing to coat the pasta in the sauce and melt the cheese, about 1 minute.
"When I follow my favorite meat loaf recipe, I end up with an extra half pound of ground beef," relates June Ellis. "So I came up with this easy dish to use it up." The Erie, Illinois cook brings this fast family-pleaser to the dinner table at a savvy 76 cents a plate.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large saucepan, cook the beef, onion, green pepper and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add tomatoes and Cajun seasoning. Cook, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally., Meanwhile, prepare macaroni and cheese according to package directions, using 2 tablespoons milk and 1 tablespoon butter. Stir in beef mixture; cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts :
CAJUN MACARONI & CHEESE
Upgrade from classic to Cajun with this ultra-flavorful Cajun Macaroni and Cheese recipe. If you're wondering where this Cajun Macaroni and Cheese gets its kick, check out the recipe today for answers!
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 6 servings, about 1 cup each
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Cook pasta as directed on package, omitting salt.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in large saucepan on medium heat. Add sausage; cook 3 to 4 min. or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Use slotted spoon to transfer sausage to plate; set aside. Add flour to saucepan; whisk until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to boil, whisking constantly. Cook 1 to 2 min. or until thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add 1-1/2 cups cheese and Cajun seasoning; stir until cheese is completely melted and sauce is well blended.
- Drain pasta. Add to cheese sauce along with the sausage; mix lightly.
- Spoon into 1-1/2-qt. casserole sprayed with cooking spray; top with remaining cheese and bread crumbs.
- Bake 20 min. or until macaroni and cheese is heated through and bread crumbs are golden brown.
- Sprinkle with onions before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 440, Fat 21 g, SaturatedFat 11 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 65 mg, Sodium 550 mg, Carbohydrate 39 g, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 5 g, Protein 19 g
More about "cajun macaroni and cheese recipes"
CAJUN MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Bring water and 2 teaspoons of the salt to a boil in a Dutch oven over medium-high. Add pasta; cook 8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a 12-inch cast-iron skillet over medium-high; add sausage, onion, green bell pepper, and red bell pepper. Cook, stirring often, until sausage has begun to brown and onion and peppers are tender, about 8 minutes. Add garlic, and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Transfer sausage mixture to a plate; wipe skillet clean.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium-low; whisk in flour, and cook, whisking constantly, 2 minutes. Gradually whisk in milk. Increase heat to medium, and cook, whisking occasionally, until mixture thickens slightly and comes to a simmer, 14 to 16 minutes. Continue to cook, whisking constantly, 5 minutes. Whisk in Cajun seasoning and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt; whisk in cheeses until smooth, and remove from heat. Gently stir in cooked pasta and sausage mixture.
- Transfer to preheated oven with oven rack 4 to 6 inches from heat. Bake until golden and bubbly, 20 to 25 minutes. Increase oven temperature to broil; broil until top is browned and crisp, 3 to 5 minutes.
CAJUN MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE - LOUISIANA COOKIN'
4.8/5 (5)Estimated Reading Time 50 secs
CAJUN MACARONI AND CHEESE - THE SOUTHERN LADY …
5/5 (1)Category Main Course, Side DishCuisine AmericanTotal Time 50 mins
CAJUN INSPIRED MAC AND CHEESE - COLD WEATHER COMFORT
CAJUN MAC AND CHEESE - FAMILY FRESH MEALS
CAJUN MAC AND CHEESE - I WASH YOU DRY
CAJUN SHRIMP MACARONI AND CHEESE - BROWN EYED BAKER
CAJUN MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE - BLOGGHETTI.COM
CAJUN MACARONI AND CHEESE – THE SOUTHERN LADY COOKS
NIF'S CAJUN MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CAJUN MACARONI AND CHEESE - MY SUBURBAN KITCHEN
CAJUN MACARONI AND CHEESE - THE FARMWIFE COOKS
RECIPE FOR MACARONI AND CHEESE - CAJUN.COM
BEST CAJUN MAC & CHEESE RECIPE-HOW TO MAKE CAJUN MAC
RESTAURANTS WITH MACARONI AND CHEESE - THERESCIPES.INFO
CREAMY CAJUN MAC & CHEESE | FOODTALK
CAJUN MACARONI - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CAJUN CHICKEN MAC AND CHEESE - COOKIN' WITH MIMA
CAJUN MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE - COOKTHINK
CAJUN MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE - WHITNEYBOND.COM
CAJUN MACARONI AND CHEESE - PLAIN.RECIPES
CAJUN MAC & CHEESE RECIPE : HOW TO MAKE IT... - 100K-RECIPES
CAJUN STYLE MACARONI AND CHEESE - SOUL FOOD WEBSITE
VEGAN CAJUN MACARONI AND CHEESE - RABBIT AND WOLVES
CAJUN MAC AND CHEESE - THIS IS NOT DIET FOOD
SLOW COOKER CAJUN MAC AND CHEESE | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
CAJUN CHICKEN MACARONI AND CHEESE - I AM BAKER
CAJUN MACARONI AND CHEESE - SPICE ISLANDS
CAJUN MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
MACARONI AND CHEESE SOUFFLE RECIPE - CAJUN.COM
CAJUN MAC AND CHEESE | TONY CHACHERE'S
CAJUN MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS …
CAJUN MAC AND CHEESE - A SEASONED GREETING
CAJUN SHRIMP MACARONI AND CHEESE | RECIPE | FOOD, RECIPES
CAJUN-SEASONED MACARONI & CHEESE - ROBERT IRVINE
CAJUN MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE - WOMAN'S DAY
MACARONI AND CHEESE | REALCAJUNRECIPES.COM: LA CUISINE DE MAW …
MACARONI RECIPE TASTY
CAJUN MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE - EPICUREAN.COM
CHICKEN BACON RANCH CASSEROLE + VIDEO (MAKE AHEAD FRIENDLY!)
CAJUN MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
#time-to-make #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #north-american #eggs-dairy #pasta #american #cajun #southern-united-states #vegetarian #cheese #dietary #inexpensive #pasta-rice-and-grains #elbow-macaroni #pasta-shells #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook cajun chicken macaroni and cheese?Cajun Chicken Macaroni and Cheese is a macaroni and cheese with a kick! Season both sides of the chicken with Cajun seasoning. Heat oil in a non-stick skillet on medium heat and swirl oil to coat. Add chicken and cook for 5 minutes, flip and repeat. Remove from heat. Slice chicken and cover to keep warm and set aside.
What is the best way to make macaroni and cheese?Set aside 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, ½ cupMonterey, and ½ cup parmesan. Add remaining cheese to the milk mixture and stir well. Pour cheese and milk mixture into macaroni and mix well. Transfer to a greased baking pan. Top with remaining cheese. Sprinkle with more basil, salt, pepper and paprika, as well as optional Cajun seasoning.
What goes well with Cajun Mac and cheese?Andouille sausage, chicken, shrimp, or crab are all wonderful pairings that can be added right into your Cajun mac and cheese. If using chicken, we recommend cooking it before adding it to the mac and cheese mix.
How to cook Cajun sausage for pasta?Whisk in Cajun seasoning and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt; whisk in cheeses until smooth, and remove from heat. Gently stir in cooked pasta and sausage mixture. Transfer to preheated oven with oven rack 4 to 6 inches from heat. Bake until golden and bubbly, 20 to 25 minutes.