Try serving this spicy halibut recipe with garlic mashed potatoes, hot, crusty bread and a crisp salad to lure in your crew. After trying a few halibut recipes, this one is my family's favorite. -Brenda Williams, Santa Maria, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large shallow dish, combine the first 8 ingredients. Add fillets, 2 at a time, and turn to coat., In a large cast-iron skillet, cook fillets in butter over medium heat until fish flakes easily with a fork, 3-4 minutes on each side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 189 calories, Fat 8g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 51mg cholesterol, Sodium 758mg sodium, Carbohydrate 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
CAJUN FISH FILLETS
- In a small bowl, combine paprika, garlic powder, thyme, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper and oil to make a paste.
- Pat fish dry with paper towels.
- Using the back of a spoon, rub paste mixture evenly over the entire surface of the fish.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat bbq to medium high and grease grill.
- BBQ halibut, turning once, until cooked through, about 3 to 5 minutes per side (Alternately, cook fish in a nonstick frypan over medium high heat).
- Cooking time may vary depending on thickness of fish.
- Remove fish to a serving plate and serve with lemon wedges.
- This rub works equally well with salmon, sea bass or tuna.
- Combine salt, black pepper, red pepper, paprika, and garlic powder, in a small bowl; mix well and rub evenly over both sides of the fish.
- Preheat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Add the fish, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until fish is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 106.8, Fat 1.6, SaturatedFat 0.3, Cholesterol 56, Sodium 223.4, Carbohydrate 0.7, Fiber 0.2, Protein 21.3
CAJUN-STYLE BLACKENED HALIBUT
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Mix first 7 ingredients in small bowl. Place fillets on baking sheet. Brush on both sides with 1 tablespoon oil. Sprinkle top of each with seasoning.
- Heat heavy large skillet (preferably cast-iron) over high heat until very hot. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil; swirl to coat. Place fillets, seasoned side down, in skillet. Cook until very brown on bottom, 1 minute. Return fillets, browned side up, to baking sheet. Place in oven; bake until just opaque in center, about 8 minutes. Top each with 1 teaspoon butter.
More about "cajunhalibut recipes"
BLACKENED HALIBUT RECIPE, SUPER EASY! - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
5/5 (462)Calories 284 per servingCategory Main Course
- In a shallow dish, whisk together the kosher salt, paprika, thyme, oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, and cayenne.
- Sprinkle the halibut fillets with the seasoning mixture, pressing with your fingers to help the coating adhere.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat for about 2-3 minutes. Traditionally, you would use a cast-iron skillet. But I use a nonstick hard-anodized aluminum skillet to minimize the risk of sticking.
- Add the butter to the hot skillet and swirl to coat. Add the halibut fillets. Cook 4 minutes on each side, until the fillets turn from translucent into opaque and white (it’s fine to cut a small slit and peek).
CAJUN STYLE ALASKAN HALIBUT RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
Servings 4Total Time 45 mins
SPICY SEASONED BAKED HALIBUT FILLET RECIPE
4.4/5 (19)Total Time 22 minsCategory Dinner, EntreeCalories 256 per serving
CAJUN HALIBUT | CANADIAN LIVING
HEAVENLY HALIBUT, A BROILED HALIBUT FILLET RECIPE.
5/5 (67)Total Time 25 minsCategory Main Course SeafoodCalories 429 per serving
- In a bowl, mix the Parmesan cheese, butter, mayonnaise, lemon juice, green onions, salt, and hot pepper sauce.
- Broil halibut fillets 8 minutes in the prepared oven, or until easily flaked with a fork. Spread with the Parmesan cheese mixture, and continue broiling 2 minutes, or until topping is bubbly and lightly browned.
CAJUN-STYLE ALASKAN HALIBUT — NEWMAN'S FISH COMPANY
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
BLACKENED ALASKAN HALIBUT ON THE GRILL | LITTLE HOUSE BIG ...
Reviews 3Estimated Reading Time 50 secs
CAJUN HALIBUT | EVERYDAYDIABETICRECIPES.COM
Category FishEstimated Reading Time 1 min
CAJUN STYLE BLACKENED HALIBUT RECIPE
Cuisine Cajun/CreoleCategory Cajun Creole
CAJUN HALIBUT - KITCHEN CONNAISSEUR
CAJUN HALIBUT - BIG CHIN KITCHEN | HALIBUT, TASTY DISHES ...
TOP 10 HALIBUT RECIPES IDEAS AND INSPIRATION
CAJUN HALIBUT RECIPE – 128 CALORIES – DIET RECIPES BLOG
HALIBUT CAKES WITH HOMEMADE TARTAR SAUCE | EMERILS.COM
HALIBUT RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
10 BEST BAKED HALIBUT RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST CAJUN SIDE DISHES RECIPES | YUMMLY
CAJUN STYLE BLACKENED HALIBUT RECIPES
HALIBUT RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
CAJUN HALIBUT RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best Cajun seasoning for halibut?Our combo of Cajun seasonings will lure your gang to the table for your Cajun Halibut dinner that goes together in a flash. This favorite fish recipe has just the right taste bud-tingling flavor. In a small bowl, combine salt, black and ground red peppers, paprika, and garlic powder; mix well.
What do you put on halibut fillets for dinner?This is a recipe for Heavenly Halibut, broiled halibut fillets topped with mayonnaise, butter, green onion and Parmesan cheese. A rich combination that’s a beautiful topping for sweet mild flavored halibut. If you’re looking for easy fish dinner recipes, give this one a try.
How to cook halibut in the oven?Heat the oven to 400 F and position the oven rack in the center of the oven. Line a baking dish with foil and grease with olive oil. Wash halibut fillets and pat dry. Rub the fillets all over with olive oil and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. In a shallow bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
What is moist and delicious halibut?Moist and delicious halibut is baked in a creamy topping with green onions and dill. This is the perfect recipe for dinner parties. Everybody loves this dish!